Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

I'm just saying they aren't going to go through that additional effort for a cancelled show.

Then why do the dumb poll at all? Asking people to send tweets to a twitter account with 3k followers is just dumb. If they wanted to put in zero effort in promoting Glee, these videos wouldn't exist at all and the poll would have never taken place. So, by even creating a poll and going through the trouble of counting individual tweets that are sent in, they are putting in some kind of effort to promote the show.

If they wanted to use social media, they could have done it via Glee's facebook page, which has over 20 million Likes, or Glee's official twitter account, which has 2 million followers. Literally, it takes no effort to upload 25 photos into an album on facebook, and ask the fans to "Like" whichever moment was their favorite. Then the top x vote-getters win. That costs no money, requires minimal (any?) effort, and reaches 6,000x more people.

Edited by Ceeg

Then why do the dumb poll at all? Asking people to send tweets to a twitter account with 3k followers is just dumb. If they wanted to put in zero effort in promoting Glee, these videos wouldn't exist at all and the poll would have never taken place. So, by even creating a poll and going through the trouble of counting individual tweets that are sent in, they are putting in some kind of effort to promote the show.

If they wanted to use social media, they could have done it via Glee's facebook page, which has over 20 million Likes, or Glee's official twitter account, which has 2 million followers. Literally, it takes no effort to upload 25 photos into an album on facebook, and ask the fans to "Like" whichever moment was their favorite. Then the top x vote-getters win. That costs no money, requires minimal (any?) effort, and reaches 6,000x more people.

Exactly.  Again I know we're expending way more energy than Fox/Glee, but:  If you're going to post it on your official YouTube account, then spend the 30 minutes to make it better.  Those results are just SILLY.  (Just like, come to think of it, that 'Best Dancing" video, which had equally ridiculous results)

HOWEVER - I just looked, and as far as I can tell, there's no sign of this video on the Glee Tumblr or Facebook; I checked, because those would be two places to get quick and easy surveys done using a much more representative/broader audience, which don't involve the coding or effort of using an actual website.  

So the logical conclusion is that the various social media platforms don't talk to each other, and Mia (Darren's girlfriend) must have access only to the YouTube account.  (Which is so FUCKING STUPID, JFC cross post your content) But whatever, I'm going to let it go.  Okay, let's be real, I'm not going to let it go, I'm just going to try to stop thinking about it! :)  But it will be hard.

• Love 1

They had a poll of the 13 best songs and I didn't think it was COMPLETELY off-base. I'm not saying I agree with it completely and I don't know who voted, but in general I could see most of those songs being near the top of a "fan favorite list"

It was (in no order, just memory):

- Don't Stop Believing

- Don't Rain on My Parade

- Teenage Dream

- We Are Young

- This is the New Year

- Some Nights

- Defying Gravity 100 (which threw me for a loop, original Defying Gravity no doubt though)

- Cough Syrup

- Smooth Criminal

- Paradise by the Dashboard Lights

- Come What May

- For Good

- All You Need is Love

So, still somewhat Blaine-heavy, but overall I mostly get this list.

The list of songs is like the list of dances. There are a couple you would expect but there are a lot of songs that you would expect to be there that aren't. And I suspect there are a few songs in that list that are there because of the song, not the glee version.

I had forgotten glee even used All You need is Love, and Defying Gravity is a great song but it was done well on glee (especially 100).

Come What May wasn't even the stand out song of the episode it was in!

Maybe announcing Chris is a placeholder in the event he can make it. Who knows, they may also do some work on the movie in LA, the score composer is based there although he's British. 

Edited by fakeempress

Chris's availability all depends on when production actually starts. I would expect that he will be in London before filming actually begins, but that wouldn't preclude him flying back to LA for a day for something like this if he doesn't have to be on the set. I would expect his first few weeks in London to be dealing with pre-production matters (like costume fittings and readings) as well as getting settled in wherever he'll be living while he's there she he might have enough flexibility to attend Paley.

Of course, this can all change on a moment's notice.

• Love 1

Well, he is being billed as one of the big names from Glee--at least in this article--so maybe somebody "up there" might actually want his presence and he's still being a team player...or he's just sticking around town for the Broad City panel--I believe he's a fan.

Is Paleyfest something the actors are required to attend if asked? I know the Fox fanfronts are like that,

I was wondering this as well. How much are the actors still bound to their contracts after the last filming has been done?

Are they still obliged to do promo work for the show till after the last episode airs (which will be one week after Paley Fest)?

I was wondering this as well. How much are the actors still bound to their contracts after the last filming has been done?

Are they still obliged to do promo work for the show till after the last episode airs (which will be one week after Paley Fest)?

I don't think Paley Fest falls under their contract obligations, like they absolutely need to be there. Paley is saying they're going to be announcing more names, meaning if they can make it.  

Edited by fakeempress

I don t think so since there has been minimal presents at paleyfest from Glee for several years until now.

Finding Neverland begins previews two days later so I think Matts priority should be rehursing in New York over this. He can show appriciation for Glee in every media interview he does for the rest of his career.

My guess is that with just one last episode of Glee to air before Paley, any participants are strictly voluntary. Some fans have expressed the opinion Chris wants to be done with Glee but absolutely nothing has been uttered frm Chris on the matter.

Having said that, I wouldnt be shocked if he dropped off the panel due to his new movie's preproduction committments.

Edited by caracas1914

I'm sure Chris still appreciates most Glee fans (except for the crazy ones), even though he personally may not be too thrilled about the storylines Kurt (didn't) get the last few seasons, but that's more a BTS issue.

Going to Paley Fest would be like a last thank you to those fans, and a last salute to the show.

Same goes for the other actors who will attend (or are unable to attend) of course.

• Love 1

http://www.fox.com/watch/398167619590/7684378368

Really?   I'll take the Emma one besides that no.

I mean, Emma's quote was basically the point of the show. The "winner" was a shameless ship moment? I mean, my Santana loving heart is glad something she said made it in, but for something with her, I would've probably just chosen something from when she came out to her grandmother. I think the Sam one about the cream rising to the top one was the most random (it was a cute moment between them, but not a particularly quotable one). 

Also, as far as Brittany quotes go, how did "Dolphins are just gay sharks" NOT win that. 

Fox's marketing team at its best.

tumblr_njp0lcjZiG1r9j23to1_500.jpg

Wow, this is such an easy thing to run, I truly don't get how they keep messing-up. I guess they were following the writers example of turning things that should be easy and simply to do, and turning it into a mess.

• Love 3

I can't figure if it's People or Fox pr fail but tumblr says People Magazine snapchatted the two image/captions below. Someone's under the impression that Kurt's been Rachel's BFF since day one!

tumblr_njpbur2KSU1qc5tzmo1_400.png  tumblr_njpbur2KSU1qc5tzmo2_400.png

Edited by fakeempress

Read something online today that Chord may be dating Gwynth Paltrow. Not sure what to make of that. Last I heard, wasn't she going out with Brad F? Guess that's a good post glee move for him if it's true.

This would be a juicy twist, since she was rumoured to have been dating Brad Falchuk for a while. Where's the Glee tell-all, damnit!

Edited by fakeempress
I can't figure if it's People or Fox pr fail but tumblr says People Magazine snapchatted the two image/captions below. Someone's under the impression that Kurt's been Rachel's BFF since day one!

It's so dumb. As much as I don't care for Ryan Murphy, Kurt, or Chris, one thing I gave the show credit for was taking a role that would normally not be developed beyond being the Gay Best Friend to the female lead, and turning him into a well-developed character in his own right. So of course it makes sense for the media to reduce Kurt to having been Rachel's GBF. RME. 

• Love 1

Another day, another sneak peak where Darren appears like clockwork, nevermind that the clip didn't need him. 

And what is going on with Naya's lips, is it me or do they really look "modified"?

Edited by fakeempress

Yeah, Nayas definitely had work done, which is sad. She's still pretty, but I found her prettiest in season 2. I'm just glad that she looks like she's at a healthier weight. When the UT did Toxic, all I could think was that Naya looked mostly like ribs.

But she didn't need lip work, she had fine luscious lips already. Why mess with a beautiful thing? I feel so sorry for women in showbusiness, the pressures must be enormous, and the expectations ridiculous. 

Don't know much about lip augmentation, maybe hers is temporary. Judging by Lisa Rinna though, some people get addicted to work.

Didn't Naya also have a boob job, isn't that why they wrote one in for Santana?

I think some that beautiful having that much work done ago such a young age it must be internal pressure rather than external. I mean none of the other glee women seem to have gone that route, if anything they've gone the opposite way and embraced their natural selves.

I read somewhere that her ex (whom I prefer to call BS) is responsible for Naya trying to look like that kardashian trash. No woman should let a man dictate how she looks. I feel sorry that society and media has created such ridiculous expectations on what people should look like, and Hollywood continues to perpetrate the falseness and add pressure on women in particular.

• Love 2

I read somewhere that her ex (whom I prefer to call BS) is responsible for Naya trying to look like that kardashian trash. No woman should let a man dictate how she looks. I feel sorry that society and media has created such ridiculous expectations on what people should look like, and Hollywood continues to perpetrate the falseness and add pressure on women in particular.

There was huge drama in the Naya fandom during her relationship with BS, in which she started going heavier with the make-up, and she tweeted about him a lot and her random song had him on it. A lot of people thought it was a PR relationship, and that she had changed. I mostly tried to stay out of it, as I like Naya as a talent, more than as a person. It was also during her relationship with BS and the few months right after she looked really underweight to me. It does seem, that as weird as her random marriage was, that she's a bit more stable, and even though it's sad she feels the need to do comestic surgery/work, at least I'm not as worried that she might have a secret eating disorder that's slowly killing her.

• Love 1

I think some that beautiful having that much work done ago such a young age it must be internal pressure rather than external. I mean none of the other glee women seem to have gone that route, if anything they've gone the opposite way and embraced their natural selves.

It's not just internal pressure - wasn't it the actress who plays who plays Kitty who reported that she always felt very comfortable with herself until she got on Glee and suddenly started to feel like she should lose weight?  It makes me so angry that women are under so much pressure to conform to certain beauty standards. 

Although clearly some women are better at ignoring the pressure.

Edited by tab19

It's not just internal pressure - wasn't it the actress who plays who plays Kitty who reported that she always felt very comfortable with herself until she got on Glee and suddenly started to feel like she should lose weight?  It makes me so angry that women are under so much pressure to conform to certain beauty standards. 

Although clearly some women are better at ignoring the pressure.

I agree and I think some women are forced to withstand that pressure because they know that no matter what they do to their body, they will never meet society's  beauty standard.

They made that "joke" on the show (Santana saying Rachel was "pudgy" Sophomore year), and I was basically horrified. She was tiny. She got even tinier at times but she has never been anything but tiny.

• Love 2

Quite a few of the females in the cast lost weight between seasons 1 and 2.  It was most noticeable with Lea and Dianna.  Cory also lost some weight between seasons 1 and 2.  He gained it back in the second half of season 3 but that was after Santana spent several episodes calling him tubbs.  I never liked that the meta calling Finn fat seemed to have an undercurrent of comparing him to Sam, Mike , and Puck.  It bugged me because no matter how in shape Cory was he was never going to have the sleeker build of men like Harry, Chord, and to a lesser degree Mark.  He just had a bigger build than them.

After Cory's passing Lea rapidly lost some weight but she has gained it back.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

Lea did clarify  in that interview she didn't feel right at that weight  and how  the life style change of LA was a contributing factor, less walking, different foods etc.

Edited by tom87