Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

On Chris Colfer, plays the character Kurt, using Glee as a platform for success:  “He’s someone who is incredibly talented in so many different ways. He’s an amazing writer — that’s something I didn’t know going into the show. He’s written three best-selling books already. He’s really used the platform to have a successful writing career.”

http://livestarringyou.com/2014/10/20/balancing-business-broadway-and-fame-with-glee-star-matthew-morrison/

Matt was interviewed by a youth media group about fame and showbiz ect. This was a nice tibbit about Chris.

• Love 1

Was looking at some pics from Matt's wedding today and I think it speaks volumes that no one from the glee cast was there. Here are people you've spent the last 6 years with and none of them are at your wedding?

(edited)
Was looking at some pics from Matt's wedding today and I think it speaks volumes that no one from the glee cast was there. Here are people you've spent the last 6 years with and none of them are at your wedding?

Not that hard IMO.

Matt obviously wanted a small intimate wedding and if you invite even one  Glee person others could get hurt.  I would imagine Matt could have easily invited anywhere from 50-150 Glee cast/crew/producers/writers to his wedding.  Would he tell Ryan, fly to Hawaii but don't bring your spouse?  Translation:  No longer a small intimate affair.   By not inviting anyone, it's easier to say he wanted to keep it small and wasn't playing  favorites or snubbing anyone in particular. 

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Was looking at some pics from Matt's wedding today and I think it speaks volumes that no one from the glee cast was there. Here are people you've spent the last 6 years with and none of

them are at your wedding?

They wanted to keep it small at only around 50 people, which gets filled up by family and REALLY close friends. I don't think it speaks volumes about anything really. The one cast member that I know Matt is really close to is Jane Lynch, and she had a concert that night.

This is also right in the middle of " Glee" filming,

so it's bound to be an inconvenient time for a lot

of the cast. Most of the cast members weren't

at Naya's wedding either, and I also don't think

that means anything.

Not that hard IMO.

Matt obviously wanted a small intimate wedding and if you invite even one Glee person others

could get hurt. I would imagine Matt could have

easily invited anywhere from 50-150 Glee

cast/crew/producers/writers to his wedding.

Would he tell Ryan, fly to Hawaii but don't bring

your spouse? Translation: No longer a small

intimate affair. By not inviting anyone, it's

easier to say he wanted to keep it small and

wasn't playing favorites or snubbing anyone in

particular.

This is a good point too. It's also possible that Matt invited a few " Glee" people, but they couldn't make it for whatever reason. I think Matt moved the wedding up due to the " Finding Neverland" stuff because as of very recently, he was still saying the wedding would happen in

2015. Since we don't know the ins and outs of the guest list, I don't think it's fair to automatically assume that Matt somehow doesn't like or care about his " Glee" cast mates.

Edited by Sara2009

How many Glee cast members where at Jane, Dot or Nayas wedding ? Few/none as far as I remember.

Matt has thrown a Halloween/Birthday party every year since s2 and TONs of cast and crew go to it. I often see photos of him going to sports events with cast mates, mutual support of outside projects ect.

It amuses me when people who don't like him try to project that on to other cast members . To me he seems to have a perfectly fine collegial relationship with them.

Edited by Pink ranger
  • Love 1

I don't think it means anything either.   It gets a little much when fans expect the cast to follow and comment on everything the other cast people are doing.

It is a big cast and they all have their own lives and careers.   They are not obligated to go to everything or even anything or even mention it in a public forum. 

• Love 2

Matt has thrown a Halloween/Birthday party every year since s2 and TONs of cast and crew go to it. I often see photos of him going to sports events with cast mates, mutual support of outside projects ect.

Yes, and when I heard about the wedding one of my first thoughts was that Matt probably will include a little wedding celebrating for everyone who wasn't in Hawaii at his upcoming Halloween/Birthday party.

It's not uncommon to have a small island/holiday wedding with only relatives and closest friends, and party later at home again with your colleagues and other friends.

• Love 2

He has some devoted fans, that's for sure.

I do wish they actually gave him more comedic stuff to do, he is quite funny when they let him. Unfortunately, I haven't really considered Kurt to be a comedic role since season 1.

I don't know...he did some zany things in season 5.

I didn't think I saw his name or any Glee nom candidates in the PCA voting rounds. I guess that's impressive as a write-in choice...or somebody has a lot of time on their hands...

I don't think that Glee or its cast got listed in the first round because the show wasn't airing on the fall schedule, and as far as I know the only orchestrated write-in campaign was for Daleastreet (there was a Facebook site to drum up support). I don't think that there was a directed write in campaign for Chris so him getting Glee's only nomination is pretty significant (as to the dedication of his fans).

Wish that it would get RIB's attention, but that's a lost cause at this stage.

I don't think that Glee or its cast got listed in the first round because the show wasn't airing on the fall schedule, and as far as I know the only orchestrated write-in campaign was for Daleastreet (there was a Facebook site to drum up support). I don't think that there was a directed write in campaign for Chris so him getting Glee's only nomination is pretty significant (as to the dedication of his fans).

Wish that it would get RIB's attention, but that's a lost cause at this stage.

Hasn't helped in the past for him or Lea.  Lea fans didn't even try cause it is moot.    The  3 times she has won the award she got less screen time and Pezberry was ripped a part while Blam who lost got promoted to NY.

Never saw a single mention of deleastreet in her timeline or on her tumblr tag. 

Good luck to Chris though.

(edited)

Like Glee, Parks and Recreation doesn't  air their last season  until 2015 and yet the show and some of the actors were listed on the nomination pages.  I realize that Glee has fallen off, but it's not as Parks and Recreation is some rating juggernaut. 

Edited by caracas1914

I don't even know what one would nominate DaLeaStreet for; I'd only maybe nominate Rachel with Kurt for Best Duo.

I don't think it matters when the show is coming back on the air for the noms, just current shows with episodes that have aired recently, along with special categories for new stuff.

So, I take it the B&W pics are write-ins, like they need to make that distinction for this round of voting?

I don't think Parks and Recreation's nominations has anything to do with Chris Pratt. I believe it's more to do with the fact that ratings juggernaut or not (and really the show has never been a ratings juggernaut, same as Community), it's still critically lauded and respected. I mean the show still gets nominated at major award shows like The Golden Globes and The Emmys. That's the thing with Glee - it's has the lovely distinction of having a double whammy of being a ratings joke at this point and frankly, a critical one as well. The show was like a lightening rod.

It exploded and it exploded fast and quickly but fell apart just as quickly and it will leave with barely a whisper. The ratings for the last season will be in the toilet and I don't see them getting any critical attention unless the Emmys feel generous enough to nominate Jane Lynch one last time before the show ends, even though Sue is such a ridiculous caricature of a character at this point. But kudos to Chris and his obviously very dedicated fanbase. If nothing else, at least it's a positive sign that they're dedicated enough that they'll support him in whatever he does and puts out after Glee. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

So, I take it the B&W pics are write-ins, like they need to make that distinction for this round of voting?

No, it's just a coincidence. They used the same black and white picture of Chris last year when he was nominated 'the usual way'.

I guess they still had it somewhere on file.

No, it's just a coincidence. They used the same black and white picture of Chris last year when he was nominated 'the usual way'.

I guess they still had it somewhere on file.

Yes, they used the same photo last year, and it was the only B&W photo in the category. It's one of the pictures from last year's August Man Malaysia photo shoot.

Is it possible that Chris was supposed to be nominated as the reigning winner but was left off the list due to error? Regardless, he'll clear some space for another trophy because I think he's got this in the bag.

Ah, OK. They used a B&W for Matt Bomer, too, that I remember, so I wasn't sure if he was a write-in, too. Just a coincidence, thanks.

Some of those people and shows nominated, though...LOL.

This so much. That's what really stood out to me - not only do they stick it in the Friday death zone but doesn't look like there are even any breaks. They're just going to power through so it's over and done with as quickly as possible. Embarrassing...I feel bad for the actors that this is how the show goes out but can't say it's not deserved with that shit RIB delivered and will likely continue to deliver right up until the end. I wonder if any of the mainstream media will even cover the series finale considering how little people care.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

That Jezebel article was actually a little disappointing, given the headline!  I was expecting years of Naya crazy, when basically it was one incident in 2010, and then a REALLY bad year - 2014.  Honestly, seems like much of her 2014 ... stuff ... is tied to the break-up with Big Sean, and it's hard not to feel a little sympathetic for Naya who got publicly dumped by someone, and is famous enough that she couldn't even recover in privately.  Here's hoping, for her sake, that Jezebel doesn't get any more material for future updates on the article...

REALLY bad year - 2014.  Honestly, seems like much of her 2014 ... stuff ... is tied to the break-up with Big Sean, and it's hard not to feel a little sympathetic for Naya who got publicly dumped by someone, and is famous enough that she couldn't even recover in privately.  Here's hoping, for her sake, that Jezebel doesn't get any more material for future updates on the article...

She did a lot of that to herself though.  Twitter.  Instagram,  Her comments on the view.  That's all her own doing really.

• Love 2
Honestly, seems like much of her 2014 ... stuff ... is tied to the break-up with Big Sean, and it's hard not to feel a little sympathetic for Naya who got publicly dumped by someone, and is famous enough that she couldn't even recover in privately.

Thing is though, she very much could have recovered privately. Sure Naya is known but she's not exactly A-List, particularly with the ratings joke Glee has become so I doubt the media and tabloids would have been all over her with the breakup. Not to mention that Big Sean himself is not at the top of the Hip Hop food chain. He's famous sure but no Kanye, Jay Z, Drake, etc. And let's face it, breakups happen every day in Hollywood. So I really think that in a few weeks no one would have really cared and she'd have been able to go on with her life just fine and in many ways that did happen. 

That was until she had a surprise wedding to some guy no one even really knew she was dating and married him the same day her wedding to Big Sean was supposed to be and she wore the same dress she'd been planning to wear. So of course at that point the jokes just wrote themselves and the "this girl is not completely right" statements started being mentioned. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

Can't argue with any of that.  I think I try to err on the side of being .. sympathetic, no matter how hard!  Naya's been a real joy to watch as Santana and a supporter of the Brittana storyline - and in my view, even if you don't support Brittana being together, Naya's early support for a gay storyline is a good thing.  So I will remember that.  And try to ignore the rest!

The conversation in the Spoilers thread about Fox promotional got me intrigued because I've friends who work in PR but mainly on political campaigns. So I came across this interesting read (dated January 2014) about the Fox Special Ops marketing strategy and how the BTS are done. It's from a TV marketing industry site:

http://brief.promaxbda.org/content/special-ops-marketing-how-fox-has-gone-outside-the-box

It makes it clear how the idea that the BTS team just goes one day and randomly shoots whoever's available is the opposite of how the team actually works. There is also an interesting part about creating special rapport with talent to use them in their products and campaigns (example is about Raising Hope)

(fixed link).

Edited by fakeempress

The conversation in the Spoilers thread about Fox promotional got me intrigued because I've friends who work in PR but mainly on political campaigns. So I came across this interesting read (dated January 2014) about the Fox Special Ops marketing strategy and how the BTS are done. It's from a TV marketing industry site:

http://brief.promaxbda.org/content/special-ops-marketing-how-fox-has-gone-outside-the-box

Your link doesn't work (it redirects to the top of this page instead). Could you please try and link it again, or post the entire url, as it seems like an interesting article and I would love to read it myself.

Btw: I totally agree with your posts on this subject. The BTS videos are not simple fanvids with random people in it: they must be scripted for the most part and planned out in advance (if only actors/busy filming schedule wise).

How Chris' absence in the BTS lately (when he and Lea were trotted out endlessly, and often without really being in the episodes much, in season 4 to promote the show) fits in I'm not sure, and of course there may be other PR videos coming which do feature him which would make this all a moot point, but I think Darren's gf being involved in Glee Ops is significant, and also the intented marketing of some of the Glee actors/characters (but not others) seems rather obvious to me.

It's too early IMO to write out Chris being involved in BTS stuff. It's a large cast and not everybody can be in everything. Even lea isnt. Chris has been in a majority of official promo over the course of the series which is the main thing.

It's kind of a relief for me that Matthew is fairly consistently active in FOX promo. He even made a joke of the fact that birth of his baby wasnt shown on screen, something that I would have thought would have disappointed him. He was also involved with a celebrating teachers program they did with the baseball all star game recently. He seems to have maintained a good professional relationship with the network even though he was on the verge of being written out a year ago.

Edited by Pink ranger

Of course there is planning no one thinks the camera crew just shows up and pulls in anyone who walks by but even with planning some people may be unavailable for whatever reason.

Thing is Darren has been over represented in these videos since he started and always make it about himself imo. I don't doubt Mia may give him a little extra but I guess I don't see the part about her excluding certain people on purpose though.    I have know idea how much control or input she even has to conclude that.  Not sure how effective these BTS video are PR wise either.

Of everyone over the years Lea and/or Amber seem to have been in the least amount of BTS comparative to their actual screen time and never have i seen anyone think that was done on purpose. 

ETA: After now reading the article it kind of reinforces my point about how Darren is probably is their go to guy cause he likes to be seen and heard on camera.

Edited by tom87

Of course there is planning no one thinks the camera crew just shows up and pulls in anyone who walks by but even with planning some people may be unavailable for whatever reason.

Thing is Darren has been over represented in these videos since he started and always make it about himself imo. I don't doubt Mia may give him a little extra but I guess I don't see the part about her excluding certain people on purpose though.    I have know idea how much control or input she even has to conclude that.  Not sure how effective these BTS video are PR wise either.

Of everyone over the years Lea and/or Amber seem to have been in the least amount of BTS comparative to their actual screen time and never have i seen anyone think that was done on purpose. 

ETA: After now reading the article it kind of reinforces my point about how Darren is probably is their go to guy cause he likes to be seen and heard on camera. 

That he likes attention was never under question. However, I doubt that he's the only one of the cast who likes to be on camera so that's what makes him the choice for a go-to. Lea for one is very camera-friendly, likes to talk as much as Darren, still plays Glee's leading character; and is much more on twitter than Darren if you read how the FSO team used the Raising Hope actress's social media. A few others aren't camera-attention-shy either. 

Matt, Lea and the second Darren clip in the montage video is from one and the same shoot. Clips of Darren taken at the same shoot (same location and same costume) were also used not only for the 200th Bones episode video, but for the Salute to Veterans video as well - both of which included stars from various Fox shows "representing". I can't see anything preventing Special Ops from asking Lea or Matt at the same shoot to do these to represent Glee instead, and I really don't think they'd refuse. Darren is pushed as the face of Glee, and there is nothing to indicate it's because all the rest are reluctant or unavailable.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

That he likes attention was never under question. However, I doubt that he's the only one of the cast who likes to be on camera so that makes him the choice for a go-to. Lea for one is very camera-friendly and likes to talk as much as Darren, and still plays Glee's leading character. A few others aren't camera-attention-shy either. 

I'm still going through clips, and seems the Matt, Lea and the second Darren clip in the montage video is from one shoot. Clips of Darren taken at the same shoot (same location and same costume) were also used not only for the 200th Bones episode but for the Veterans appreciation video as well. I don't think anything prevented them from asking Lea or Matt at the same shoot to do these and represent Glee, and I really don't think they'd refuse. 

Not sure your point since I have said I think she does use Darren more but they always have.    May thought was in line with the article in that they said the Special Ops builds a rapport with some actors.

May only question is, is she excluding others  on purpose or just including him more? It could be both of course.

Not sure your point since I have said I think she does use Darren more but they always have.    May thought was in line with the article in that they said the Special Ops builds a rapport with some actors.

My only question is, is she excluding others  on purpose or just including him more? It could be both of course.

May only question is, is she excluding others  on purpose or just including him more? It could be both of course.

What you don't get is that it's not just that he's included even more - which is btw really noticeable. It would't matter if the rest were similarly included more. It's that by including him even more she reduces the time and exposure she can give to the others even more. It's a zero-sum game. She doesn't even have to be purposefully excluding others to get the same result. 

Edited by fakeempress

What you don't get is that it's not just that he's included even more - which is btw really noticeable. It would't matter if the rest were similarly included more. It's that by including him even more she reduces the time and exposure she can give to the others even more. It's a zero-sum game. She doesn't even have to be purposefully excluding others to get the same result. 

that was my last statement it could be both by her giving him more she is excluding others.  But as said he has been getting this treatment for at least 2 seasons now and Mia has not always been in charge.

Well Mia was on set Monday while Darren was not evenin LA. I actually hope they do a BTS for the episode 2009 instead of for the weddings. 

Update: Fox has a Holiday Calendar Countdown on their site. A video a day in December with holiday musings by Fox show stars, all done by FoxSpecialOps of course, they're up to 8, and today's is Darren's. Probably, and hopefully, there will be some from the rest of the Glee cast, who were no doubt "unavailable" at this moment lol.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

Well the promo dept never was going to use Tina much to promote, but she is actually in the group hug.  Jenna's  hair is lighter she is in between Mercedes and Kurt.

Edited by tom87