Type keyword(s) to search

Let's try to market this: media, articles and interviews

caracas1914

I think it's cause someone on here probably wrote actress when they quoted the article. I actually think it might be Jenna cause we don't see her react in surprise at all when the couples walk down the aisle and the article makes reference that the reaction was cut from the episode. Everyone else has some sort of puzzled/surprised expression at some point. I think the article makes it sound like a bigger deal than it is though and is purposely kind of catty.

Yeah I was thinking Jenna too because we saw Rachel's reaction quite clearly and the article says they cut whoeve it was and they obviously didn't cut Lea's reaction. Jenna (if it was her) was just probably going for over the top for Tina because Tina can be a little over the top lately, but the article tries to make it seem like whoever was doing it to be catty and steal focus.

• Love 1

Yeah I was thinking Jenna too because we saw Rachel's reaction quite clearly and the article says they cut whoeve it was and they obviously didn't cut Lea's reaction. Jenna (if it was her) was just probably going for over the top for Tina because Tina can be a little over the top lately, but the article tries to make it seem like whoever was doing it to be catty and steal focus.

And this show never misses an opportunity to shit on Jenna.

The media were present on the day when the Special Guest Stars + Vanessa weren't there. They filmed the wedding over the course of 3 separate days, and the media went Day 1. They used photo doubles for the Special Guests on that day, and inserted their close-ups later.

Without reading too closely, I initially thought of one of the moms (like JC or GG), but a guest stint hardly makes one a "Glee actress".

Thats how I felt when Riker Lynch was introduced as a "Glee actor" across a couple different articles about him being on Dancing with the Stars. http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dancing-stars-2015-season-20-celebrity-cast-announced/story?id=29166872 (in this article he was not billed that way, but across several others he was)

I had no idea who he was, and didn't even remember a warbler named Jeff. I think theyre playing kind of fast and loose with the term for a guy who never got more than a couple lines during his time on the show, but thats just me. Contrarily, I don't mind Dijon Talton being billed as a former Glee actor, because he was part of the New Directions.

The Warblers were a fringe group to the main cast, and he wasn't one of the known Warblers, like Blaine or Sebastian Smythe. Calling this guy a glee actor is like calling Jordan/Celeste/Neckbrace Cheerio a Glee actress. Just no.

Edited by ChaChaSlide

Part 2 of the Klaine bts with Chris and Darren, and it's hilarious and so shady. I'd watch the Homeland!Klaine in a heartbeat, maybe even the Glee reunion movie, they cast it well. 

And it's my completely willful and entirely intentional interpretation that Darren disses Chris for getting the Golden Globe for "whiny cries", and Chris disses Darren back with the "just standing there with a bag over his head" Homeland!Blaine and giving himself all the cool action.  Totally friendly disses or not idk. The backhanded GG compliment isn't something new for Darren. 

Edited by fakeempress

They do, they riff off each other well, and come up with so much better ideas. I can already see the thousand fics being written this minute about Homeland Klaine or Lucy and Ricky Klaine, or Blaine's mom thinking Kurt isn't good enough for her son. 

This gif sums it all up for me:

tumblr_nkajn4ftbS1qzh21go3_r1_400.gif

Edited by fakeempress

I'm waiting to see if there'll be a solo Chris bts for anything this season, or if the only way to get him say a few things is as an add-on to more Darren - as irrelevant as the bts's may be. 

Edited by fakeempress

I'd say the odds of a Chris BTS solo interview is as likely as a Chris song solo this season.

Outside of promoting her live-in BF Darren, Mia wouldn't give a flying fuck about a Chris interview.

Edited by caracas1914

I like when they have pairs but mix it up a bit.  The Lea/Becca and Harry/Vanessa ones were nice becasue we never have seen those combos.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

I think it's interesting though that Chord makes a distinction between S1/2 cast and the rest. Which leads me to believe it's not just fans that would point out that difference to others.

He would though.

Sam and Blaine are only counted in with the rest because they were forced down our throats as lead actors.

• Love 1

I think the distinction to the actors is probably those of them who did the concert tour(s) and those of them who didn't.  None of the guest stars or regulars after S2 did a concert tour.  After the second tour and movie Glee became much more like a regular TV show in its promotion i.e. there were no "extras" like concerts, mall appearances, etc.  

All of that said, while I get the tour connection, it still grates on me when Chord and Darren refer to themselves as originals.  I agree they have been a big part of the show since S2 (with arguably them, especially Darren, being the leads in S4) but they weren't original cast members.  I think the reason it grates on me is because it was that original cast, as well as the writing in those first 22 episodes, that built the foundation for Glee being the cultural phenomenon it was.  They added to it (especially Darren with "Teenage Dream") but they weren't the ones who built that foundation.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

I guess for me the core cast of ND will always be the beginning of season 2 so basically everyone in season 1 but sub Matt for Sam. That to me was Glee at it's peak hype and popularity (which is why I throw Darren in there since Teenage Dream was a huge part of that hype). I don't have a problem with them referring to themselves as originals simply bc they're so close with that group. I wouldn't begrudge Bill Murray referring himself as an original SNL member even though he started in season 2 after Chevy Chase left.

In all fairness, Darren in a Billboard radio interview last year said IIRC something to the effect " I know I'm not OG" aka Original Glee. Chord is the one who identified that way.

Darren and Chord have been in practically more episodes than most of the Original cast so I think it's sort of a moot point.

The only annoying thing to me are the Blaine/Darren stans who pretend the shows popularity was due to Darren as if Season One didn't matter. No doubt he added in S2 but the shows explosive popularity happened prior.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

They (Sam and Blaine)  are counted in with the rest because they were incredibly popular. But I don't know that I'd use the phrase "original." Maybe.."were regulars when the show was actually good." But I think, with the show ending, it would only be right to include those two. It's silly to pretend they were the downfall of Glee. The downfall of Glee was the writers wanting to have their cake and eat it too with graduation. 

The really sad thing about Kurt and Blaine is that Darren and Chris actually have great chemistry. They play off of each other well. I enjoy their scenes together because of it (when Blaine and Kurt aren't being whinny and the show isn't making up stupid drama..) even if they haven't fixed any of their issues as a couple..

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 2
They (Sam and Blaine)  are counted in with the rest because they were incredibly popular.

Sam?  Please let's not use hyperbole...

The really sad thing about Kurt and Blaine is that Darren and Chris actually have great chemistry.

Once again, it's the fucked up writing.

• Love 2

Once again, it's the fucked up writing.

Someone tweeted to Harry Shum they were upset Tina and Mike didn't get back together and how it didn't make sense (ha!) and he replied, The show needed something realistic to happen.

The cast is fully aware and not hiding it what BS they're made to sell. The shade in Chris&Darren's bts about the alternative Klaines is nothing new for them - well, mostly Chris, but I haven't noticed if Harry was so direct before (maybe I'm wrong).  

But seems when you complain about the story / writing, you're painting a target on your back. Wasn't this part of the reason for Dianna's exit?

Edited by fakeempress

Yea, and with the show ending..they probably just don't care now. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these people get as far away from Ryan Murphy as possible.

I think Darren was just so thrilled at getting to play a gay character that wasn't dealing with the typical "coming out/insecurity" story. When Blaine was first introduced, other than being in the show choir, he was this confident, up beat, non stereotypical gay character. And I still think that Blaine probably holds a special place in Darren's heart. You could just tell in interviews that he was proud to be playing that role. Which at the time..was a pretty big deal for network television. But then Blaine..and Klaine just continued to get more ridiculous. 

And it wouldn't surprise me if Darren and Chris were acting a bit like their characters in the past...where Darren tried to convince himself the whole series that things will get better and it'll go back to being good..and Chris just rolled his eyes. 

Edited by mercfan3

Darren was already shading Blaine in the summer of 2013, during his concert interviews (maybe even be earlier but idr). Klaine, though, he has been more careful and toe-the-line about..

Edited by fakeempress

Harry is so far past Glee at this point that he can say nearly anything he wants. I'm not surprised at the shade there. It's only a matter of time until the rest become unfiltered as their careers either take off to the point hey don't have to care or flop so hard it ceases to matter. 

This choked me up.  Mark Salling took home the Finn plaque.  With that quote it being above his piano is perfect.  

My one souvenir from set. Right above my piano where it belongs

Even though I was at times frustrated with the writing for Finn/Puck I still bought their friendship more than many others on the show and I attribute that to the actors' connection. 

ETA: jtrattray and I posted at the same time.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Call me cynical but not heartless. I was so happy that Mark discretely removed his souvenir from the set without hoopla and posted it later. It felt like a genuine sentimental reflection of their friendship and bond.

On the other hand I totally rolled my eyes at Lea Michele. Her taking of Cory/Finn's jersey seemed rather staged to me with her "One last thing" really who was there to document this photo for you so you could post it on Twitter. Again the cynic in me just don't feel that she was being genuine but was rather playing to fans who have very verbally on Twitter stated how they thought she has shown little to no concern or connection to Finn in this final season. I could be wrong and I hope I am but this seemed very much to me about her saving her reputation and giving the "Finchel" fans something to go "aw" about. My opinion you don't have to agree or disagree with it but if you feel the need to comment remember I'm entitled to an opinion and respectful of your opinion and ask only the same in return.

• Love 2

Lea can't really win with some people IMO. If she posts nothing about Cory/Finn, she's a terrible person who's moved on and isn't remembering or honoring him in the ~correct way. If she posts a picture of her leaving with his jersey or tells people she took it, she's pandering to fans and "saving her reputation". 

• Love 8

I loved that Lea has the jersey and the final photo from the end of Glee was of her with it. Also love that Mark has the plaque hanging up,

Yeah. both really touched me. Lea is just a pretty public person. That's just how she does things. And I agree she can't seem to win. If she hadn't mentioned anything about Corey as Glee was wrapping people would have dinged her for that too. And it isn't like Mark kept the fact that he got the plaque secret. No we didn't see him walking off the set with it, but he still posted it on social media. Obviously it was something he wanted to share with people and I don't begrudge him that anymore than I begrudge Lea wanting to share that photo of Finn's jersey. I think sometimes it is easy to forget that these are real people. Yes, the character of Finn died on the show, but a real person, Corey, died as well. And unlike the magic of TV, Corey can't come back.  And whatever we think we know about his relationship with Lea, he was important to her and in her life. Not to mention how much everyone else on the cast and crew seemed to love him. Grief is hard and there is no right or wrong way. Maybe this just hits me more, because the month of February is the anniversary of my mother's death (13 years) and it doesn't get easier. And everyone handles it differently. I make fun of Lea and her over excitement about everything and how every song is her "very favorite song ever!", but on this, if being showy and sharing her memories of Corey is helpful to her, then I say, more power to her. 

• Love 10

Call me cynical but not heartless. I was so happy that Mark discretely removed his souvenir from the set without hoopla and posted it later. It felt like a genuine sentimental reflection of their friendship and bond.

On the other hand I totally rolled my eyes at Lea Michele. Her taking of Cory/Finn's jersey seemed rather staged to me with her "One last thing" really who was there to document this photo for you so you could post it on Twitter. Again the cynic in me just don't feel that she was being genuine but was rather playing to fans who have very verbally on Twitter stated how they thought she has shown little to no concern or connection to Finn in this final season. I could be wrong and I hope I am but this seemed very much to me about her saving her reputation and giving the "Finchel" fans something to go "aw" about. My opinion you don't have to agree or disagree with it but if you feel the need to comment remember I'm entitled to an opinion and respectful of your opinion and ask only the same in return.

Maybe she was doing it because she wanted to share her feelings with the fans and she wanted the fans to say one last good-bye to Finn.  

To me, it felt like she was sharing a very sad moment with the fans because she knows they understand and share in the sadness.

• Love 5

I wish they'd never made such a deal of the jacket. There were probably 3 or more for production reasons. I hope whomever would find the most comfort in it got them, but I really doubt there was only one.

Edited by ComfySweater
  • Love 1

I have absolutely no understanding of how what Mark did and what Lea did is any different.  They both posted a photo on social media.  How is that any different because he posted it 2 days later??  To me, that is such a bizarre line to draw.  Maybe it's promo for the episode tomorrow!

• Love 8