Type keyword(s) to search

Raven's Home - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 7/22/2017 at 9:15 AM, Skyfall said:

A bit rough around the edges but I'd say it's a keeper for me.

Yes, maybe it's because I had to endure two viewings of Descendants 2 on Friday night with only Raven's Home in between, but I liked it. I agree that it's definitely rough around the edges, but I enjoyed it more than a lot of other sitcoms aimed at the kids/tweens. 

i wish it was more raven and less kids. but i guess it is geared to adolescents? those of us tuning in to see raven again will have a lot of fast forwarding to do. i wish she were in a more 'grown up' show. i watched it in about 10 minutes. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, lor said:

i think it is much better than girl meets world. that show made drama out of even the most mundane things. those kids were always bummed.

I think GMW came at the wrong time. If it premiered this year it would've been a mixture of this and Andi Mack.

On 7/24/2017 at 2:53 PM, funkopop said:

Raven is just so good at comedy! She was the highlight of the show, but the kids are alright. 

Watching this reminding me of how good a comedica actor Raven is--and was as a child actress. I know she was a little older than her current TV kids are now, but she was such a natural. I never felt she was just reading lines--but I can't say the same about these child actors. Still, the show was was okay, and I'll keep watching.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

what happened to episode 2? i dvr'd the series and it went from episode one to three. i even checked to see upcoming and there is no ep. 2. 

Disney likes to screw with production and actually aired. Did a quick google search and they list next episode as episode 2.

Really loved the second episode.  This show is surprisingly really good.  It is keeping the "spirit" of the old show and I actually like all the new kids.  DEVON!!!!!  So cute they made him the ex-husband.  Even though he is leaving I totally see them getting back together in future seasons. 

Edited by JBC344

I kind of like that the show is focusing on raven and Chelsea melding their two families together...both raven and Chelsea have that friendship chemistry.  This show is what I wish fuller house was more like...morw friendship/family...less reliance on men.

That's great news!!  I am really enjoying the show and it strikes the right balance (though I could do with more Chelsea).  I really liked Raven and Devon's dynamic.  "BYE DEVON".  I wish he could have stayed and popped in and out every now and then.    The kids are cute and precocious but not too much.  I wonder how long the psychic secret is going to be kept.  I can't remember but did Raven's family know about her visions?

I think that this show is hilarious. It's still the same old Raven and Chelsea that ee knew 10+ years ago. Honestly, I would love a show without the kids, but they aren't terrible. 

6 hours ago, funkopop said:

That's great news!!  I am really enjoying the show and it strikes the right balance (though I could do with more Chelsea).  I really liked Raven and Devon's dynamic.  "BYE DEVON".  I wish he could have stayed and popped in and out every now and then.    The kids are cute and precocious but not too much.  I wonder how long the psychic secret is going to be kept.  I can't remember but did Raven's family know about her visions?

Yes her family knew. One of her grandmothers, I think the fathers's mother, was also psychic. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Yes her family knew. One of her grandmothers, I think the fathers's mother, was also psychic. 

Thank you,  that does make her secrecy with the kids kind of ridiculous though, since it seems to run in the family.

38 minutes ago, funkopop said:

Thank you,  that does make her secrecy with the kids kind of ridiculous though, since it seems to run in the family.

She didn't tell her kids her secret and when Booker discovered his abilities he assumed she wouldn't believe him. I like the show; it's really doing a lot to help restore Raven's image and erase the stain and stench The View left on her. I can do without Chelsea's son; everyone else is good.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:35 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I kind of like that the show is focusing on raven and Chelsea melding their two families together...both raven and Chelsea have that friendship chemistry.  This show is what I wish fuller house was more like...morw friendship/family...less reliance on men.

i only wish this show were more "grown up". this must be geared towards adolescents and not fans of raven? too much kid stuff for me. i fast forward through most of it. i would have loved to see raven in a mature sitcom. you can have children it but for someone like me who does not find them, with a few exceptions , to be all that entertaining, this is too juvenile. 

On 8/19/2017 at 9:45 AM, msrachelj said:

i only wish this show were more "grown up". this must be geared towards adolescents and not fans of raven? too much kid stuff for me. i fast forward through most of it. i would have loved to see raven in a mature sitcom. you can have children it but for someone like me who does not find them, with a few exceptions , to be all that entertaining, this is too juvenile. 

Only cause it's on Disney...if it were on Netflix...it would be a little more balanced.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Only cause it's on Disney...if it were on Netflix...it would be a little more balanced.

except i wouldn't be able to watch it! one of the forgotten people here. country living at it's finest (blech, kidding. i do not recommend) no high speed/unlitimited internet here. i go over my data almost every month just doing basic internet things. no videos. nothing.  i   do wish it were maybe on cbs abc nbc etc. i can watch this show in less than 10 minutes. the kids are not even interesting.

• Love 1

I like it and am glad it is another good show I can watch with my grandnieces and nephews.  Fun for all and a good representation of normal divorce with cooperating parents and nice kids.

After hating Raven on The View I am glad to be liking her here where she belongs - comedy.

• Love 1

After last night's episode, I feel like the show would be better if it was just Raven, Chelsea, Booker, and Levi. All four work so well together and have great chemistry. They could drop Nia and that annoying neighbor girl and I wouldn't care one bit.

Edited by CherryBlossom226
  • Love 2

So the season finale came and went and I enjoyed the episode but it didn't feel too much like a finale.  I mean some major things happened, Raven quit her job, Booker/Raven shared a vision but it just felt like happenstance rather than any kind of closing statement.  Maybe its been a while since I watched a kids show but I felt it lacked the season finale-ness that I've come to expect.  Also Nia is walking in her grandmother's footsteps and just being absent for unexplained reasons in episodes.  The actress has a Netflix show that she must be shooting for but to be honest I wouldn't miss her terribly if she was gone because most of the good stuff goes to Booker anyway.  Her character has the potential to really bring in interesting dynamic to the show which they touched on a bit with her wanting to find out what Booker did that triggered his physic abilities.  Seeing Nia deal with Booker and Raven having this incredible bond would be great but they would have to reveal that secret to each other and it looks like Disney is going to draw that out for a bit.  Also since Raven clearly has a favorite Booker (I mean kid), already.  LOL!    Tess is becoming more of a enjoyable character and they have found a nice balance for Chelsea obtuseness. 

This has to be one of the best reboots I have seen.

On 10/24/2017 at 10:53 AM, funkopop said:

So the season finale came and went and I enjoyed the episode but it didn't feel too much like a finale.  I mean some major things happened, Raven quit her job, Booker/Raven shared a vision but it just felt like happenstance rather than any kind of closing statement.  Maybe its been a while since I watched a kids show but I felt it lacked the season finale-ness that I've come to expect.  Also Nia is walking in her grandmother's footsteps and just being absent for unexplained reasons in episodes.  The actress has a Netflix show that she must be shooting for but to be honest I wouldn't miss her terribly if she was gone because most of the good stuff goes to Booker anyway.  Her character has the potential to really bring in interesting dynamic to the show which they touched on a bit with her wanting to find out what Booker did that triggered his physic abilities.  Seeing Nia deal with Booker and Raven having this incredible bond would be great but they would have to reveal that secret to each other and it looks like Disney is going to draw that out for a bit.  Also since Raven clearly has a favorite Booker (I mean kid), already.  LOL!    Tess is becoming more of a enjoyable character and they have found a nice balance for Chelsea obtuseness. 

This has to be one of the best reboots I have seen.

Are we sure it was the season finale? This is Disney Channel scheduling after all...

On 6/27/2018 at 1:46 AM, ShortyMac said:

Is anybody watching Season 2? Two episodes have premiered.

I think it's cool that Raven now knows Booker's psychic. I wonder if we'll be getting a lot of their 'double visions?'

Doesn’t seem like it re double visions. This new season has been wonky with cast members disappearing for episodes and apparently they can take the same math class when I thought they were in different grades?

12 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Doesn’t seem like it re double visions. This new season has been wonky with cast members disappearing for episodes and apparently they can take the same math class when I thought they were in different grades?

Booker and Nia are twins. They are the same age/grade. Levi has advanced to the same science class as Booker.

23 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

Booker and Nia are twins. They are the same age/grade. Levi has advanced to the same science class as Booker.

Must’ve forgotten the twin part since Nia looks a good 2 years older than Booker.

6 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Must’ve forgotten the twin part since Nia looks a good 2 years older than Booker.

I know. The actress looks so much older now than she does in the show's intro. She turned 13 in May. I just read that Nia was originally supposed to be 12 and Booker, 10.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51c301b6e4b0b7d8b4b378eb/t/582a1b831b631bf14c2f1782/1479154584114/UNTITLED+THAT'S+SO+RAVEN+PILOT+Nia.pdf

Isaac turned 13 in July.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Does anyone know why Chelsea isn't on much of season two?

Good question. I have no idea. 

Was the body swapping episode a new one? I loved seeing Debbie Allen

And the actor playing Booker did a good job of channeling Raven. His ‘Ya nasty’ was spot on. 

• Love 2
On 10/21/2018 at 5:39 PM, topanga said:

Good question. I have no idea. 

Was the body swapping episode a new one? I loved seeing Debbie Allen

And the actor playing Booker did a good job of channeling Raven. His ‘Ya nasty’ was spot on. 

Yeah Freaky Friday inspired episode was new.