Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: One Month Anniversary

• Start Topic

Over one month ago, three couples were married at first sight, marking a major milestone and halfway point in the experiment; and Dr. Pepper Schwartz checks in and reminds them that in just one more month, they will need to decide whether to stay married or get a divorce.

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

And right off the bat, Danielle's 'romantical' move is....s'mores. I have no more hope for them ever having sex. 

I laughed at this. He was so disappointed and thought he was getting some. Hahaha

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, JAndy said:

I laughed at this. He was so disappointed and thought he was getting some. Hahaha

Two dummies.  Could it be they're wondering who should make the first move????.  It's either that or one can't stand the other.

• Love 4

Jesus Christ, poor Cody.  I'm tempted to have sex with him myself just to put him out of his misery.  I'm not usually this crude about such things, but Danielle needs to shit or get off the pot with that poor boy.  She's clearly not the slightest bit attracted to Cody, but she can't bring herself to just admit it to him (and production).  As for Dr. Pepper and her crappy "advice," she is the McDonald's Happy Meal of psychologists.  A Happy Meal is still technically sustenance in the strictest sense of the word, but can't we do better?  Come on, Lifetime.  Seriously. 

• Love 20
Just now, Neurochick said:

Damn Sheila, can you say "fucking drama queen?"  Nate's telling a light hearted silly story and Sheila's reading more into it.  She's annoying me and I'm just watching her on TV.

Ugh I know. She's starting to annoy me. She's being a little much. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Ugh I know. She's starting to annoy me. She's being a little much. 

It's like she's looking for stuff to be wrong, and when you look for stuff to be wrong, you'll always find it.

• Love 12

Does anyone else think that Danielle totally isn't into Cody at all? I just cringed at their whole dinner. It's really awkward watching them. He seems to try, a bit, but she seems totally checked out. 

• Love 7
Just now, JAndy said:

Does anyone else think that Danielle totally isn't into Cody at all? I just cringed at their whole dinner. It's really awkward watching them. He seems to try, a bit, but she seems totally checked out. 

She has basically said she wasn't into him when she said the chemistry wasn't there from the get go. She really should have just told him (off camera) what was up and made a friendship out of things. It would have come off a lot better than what has been shown and maybe they both wouldn't have come off looking awkward. As well as the edits don't help these 2 either with the first half of the season, her all about wanting sex with him and now the last half of the season, him talking about hoping its the night each episode just about. I am thinking that he probably isn't that into her as well but they don't want us to know that. I just know I'm not seeing on either side of things with them. 

• Love 4

lol at Anthony "you'll get married at first sight, but won't play bags." Hahaha he's right. She's being a bit ridiculous. It's a stupid game, no sharks will eat her there and it's not super adventurous. It's throwing a bag into a hole. 

Just now, SuzyLee said:

Good grief, do we really need the dramatic music and all of this emotional hand-wringing for a game of "bags?"  (Never heard it called that.)  I smell some producer involvement there. 

We call it "cornhole" here 

• Love 11

So....did Danielle really wear that medieval barmaid off the shoulder top to work? What kind of dietitian is she? I know dietitians can work in a variety of settings but I would think professional dress would be required in all of them. Clearly, she has no interest in Cody and is just doing the minimum of affection  to give the impression that she is trying. My guess is that she is counting the days until she can bolt.

Nate deserves a wife who is less moody and mean. 

Ashley is all in but I think Anthony will choose to move on without her.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

WTF is wrong with Sheila?  Does she need medication, meditation or both?

She was acting like a baby. Very childish. I also don't understand how she didn't realize that cameras would be following her and documenting everything. So bizarre. 

• Love 4

Danielle and Cody are not into each other.  Plain and simple. They are so awkward with each other. They should not have sex because I doubt this marriage will last.

Did Anthony and Ashley just get in an argument about her not wanting to play bags? I suck at bags too but Mr. Straycat wouldn't dare get mad at me for not wanting to play. I get that Anthony got upset for her being a quitter but IMO it really wasn't a big deal. 

Wow, Shelia, what was that fight on the street about? And she wouldn't cooperate with the filming. I'll bet that pissed production off being this show is all about drama, good or bad. 

Did Anthony and Ashley just get in an argument about her not wanting to play bags? I suck at bags too but Mr. Straycat wouldn't dare get mad at me for not wanting to play. I get that Anthony got upset for her being a quitter but IMO it really wasn't a big deal. 

If I had to guess, he probably kept everything else inside, so this seemingly stupid thing blew up. I've done it before too. It's a bad habit to have. 

• Love 4

Danielle and Cody are not into each other.  Plain and simple. They are so awkward with each other. They should not have sex because I doubt this marriage will last.

Wow, Shelia, what was that fight on the street about? And she wouldn't cooperate with the filming. I'll bet that pissed production off being this show is all about drama, good or bad. 

I wouldn't doubt if they Anthony/Ashley drama was production driven. And Shelia caught on with how production likes to butt in and cause things to be worse than they are or things that should even be an issue. Which I won't see this for another hour and a half here but I know I am sick of producers butting in, "experts" planting seeds of doubt or pushing one or more to do shit when they shouldn't and editing making things look to be not even close to what they are. Honestly if these people start taking a stand against the fake "drama and bs coming their way then I say good for them. Its about time. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, JAndy said:

Most of us have already been on that same wavelength since the honeymoon.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Regarding most things in relationships, it's not about the game of bags. It's systematic of other issues. We just had a whole load of drama about Anthony not telling being into getting his nails done. But, he did it and didn't complain. When Ashley does anything she doesn't want to do, she either complains or wants to just drop it. It's bullshit.

And now according to Ashley on unfiltered production made her quit and that was their second game which she did well in. Anthony never said they were made to stop though. So, who knows what the reality is. But, if he is indeed annoyed, it's because of built up issues, not just the game.

• Love 5

I haven't seen this yet but Ashley can be a sour puss & tiring, so I agree he probably just had enough at that moment. I still don't know if that bodes well for them long term though. I could see Ashley getting her 1-2 kids then bolting to be an independent single mother with the kids having her name... watch out Anthony is all I'm sayin'.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

And now according to Ashley on unfiltered production made her quit and that was their second game which she did well in. Anthony never said they were made to stop though. So, who knows what the reality is. But, if he is indeed annoyed, it's because of built up issues, not just the game.

I don't doubt what Ashley is saying. God forbid they get along...what fun is that? I think Anthony isn't getting annoyed with Ashley but the damn producers butting in, yet again, to create drama. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 4
Just now, Evil Queen said:

I don't doubt what Ashley is saying. God forbid they get along...what fun is that? I think Anthony is getting annoyed with Ashley but the damn producers butting in, yet again, to create drama. 

Oh for sure. The producers really do like to insert themselves it seems. I wish the show would be a little bit more genuine. 

• Love 3

My whole thing is why would Ashley be aggravated at all if it was just producer manipulation? 

I mean everything these days are blamed on producer manipulation. I know that's something that happens. But, I also think that something had to have actually happened for him to be annoyed. 

We may actually have another case of competitiveness gone awry. It seems that Ashley almost won their first game but still lost. It might have gotten to her by the second game and she may have been annoyed with the thought of not being really good at the game and got a little sulky about it. That's what she meant by not wanting to be embarrassed. Them stopping the game made sure she would remain sulky about it. So, a little bit of actual issues along with shenanigans.

Oh and the previews for next week! Cody spilling tea about their relationship and Anthony agreeing to *gasp* issues that needs to be worked out in their relationship. Bring it on!

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I don't doubt what Ashley is saying. God forbid they get along...what fun is that? I think Anthony isn't getting annoyed with Ashley but the damn producers butting in, yet again, to create drama. 

Yes, definitely. And that's probably what happened in the Nate and Shelia fight. Producers were egging them on to keep fighting and Shelia wasn't having it. Good for her. 

• Love 5

I love how Ashley and Sheila are just exposing all of the manipulation and editing of MAFS on the Unfiltered show.  It's like they are just DONE with the entire premise.   Ashley and Sheila are like, "Experts?  Pfft...  Editors? F-U."

• Love 13
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

My whole thing is why would Ashley be aggravated at all if it was just producer manipulation? 

I mean everything these days are blamed on producer manipulation. I know that's something that happens. But, I also think that something had to have actually happened for him to be annoyed. 

We may actually have another case of competitiveness gone awry. It seems that Ashley almost won their first game but still lost. It might have gotten to her by the second game and she may have been annoyed with the thought of not being really good at the game and got a little sulky about it. That's what she meant by not wanting to be embarrassed. Them stopping the game made sure she would remain sulky about it. So, a little bit of actual issues along with shenanigans.

Oh and the previews for next week! Cody spilling tea about their relationship and Anthony agreeing to *gasp* issues that needs to be worked out in their relationship. Bring it on!

It makes no sense though that she stopped the 2nd game on her own if she was doing well. With this show I don't put it past them at all to butt in every chance they get. Which would also cause him to get annoyed as well. As they should both be. 

6 minutes ago, HZAnita said:

I love how Ashley and Sheila are just exposing all of the manipulation and editing of MAFS on the Unfiltered show.  It's like they are just DONE with the entire premise.   Ashley and Sheila are like, "Experts?  Pfft...  Editors? F-U."

What is funny is that its being edited in and not out. I wonder if whoever is editing and producing is not the same as MAFS so they are letting it slip in on purpose....yet good for the ladies in doing so. Its been bad in the past seasons but I just feel like its going on a lot more this season. Guess they didn't pick ones they thought they could pull strings on and had no backbones, huh? LOL 

Editing to add: Guess they didn't realize either how easy it is for many of us viewers to spot producer manipulation either and are tired of it? 

Edited by Evil Queen
adding on a comment
  • Love 2
(edited)

Sheila might not have been fair to Nate during their disagreement but damn I loved it when she schooled that producer!

Also, Ashley said the producers told them to stop playing 'bags.'  She said she didn't quit like the editing showed.

I'm loving how the producers seem to be losing control of the cast this season.

Edited by Paddywagon
  • Love 9

Cody and Danielle...ugh please make the pain stop.  She's setting up all these teases and I'm starting to really feel sorry for Cody. I wish Cody would just stop trying and lay on the couch again and ignore her.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

It's like she's looking for stuff to be wrong, and when you look for stuff to be wrong, you'll always find it.

Yes!

Plus she's being a bit of a hypocrite. 

She says her real issue is that she struggles with the camera crews being there during their arguments because she doesn't like arguing publicly and would rather handle it in private when cameras aren't there (she said this in the after show). She also said she felt the producer got involved when they argued and she felt it wasn't the producers' place.

BUT at the same time, she started the argument by getting upset about it at the table and fueling flames by calling him a liar. 

So it was ok for HER to start $%^T but not him?

Her concern that he wasn't financially stable based on that story he told about the garage or basement apartment makes sense. He said in his talking head that he was just playing, but we never heard him say he was joking around to her directly - maybe she really felt he was serious. IF that's a huge concern, she could have laughed it off in the moment as he was trying to do, then bring it up later in private like "btw earlier at dinner you mentioned..."  

• Love 6

Oh boy s'mores! *sarcastic* I take it the fire was probably at producers suggestion. All her positive comments about the marriage are just such crap. We all know there is nothing there so let's move on. I am with Paddywagon that he should just go back to laying on the couch and ignore her. And just PLEASE send pepper away...far, FAR away with her crap because it is not going to happen with them at all. What a bad edit job with them by the water too. Give me a break. Oh Danielle, I can believe he would say that to the other couples because its frickin true that is a struggle with you 2. What else was he going to say?

AHHHHHH Danielle you are NOT strangers after 4 frickin damn weeks!!! 

Danielle still needs to tone those damn checks off. As well as what was up with pepper's overdone face in the THs as well. YIKES!! 

Oh gee so the conversation with Anthony's sister wasn't as insane as they were trying to make it look like last week.....what a surprise. *rollseyes* OMG pepper shut up with them and go the frickin hell away. There is nothing wrong there. I swear there is nothing wrong with having different interests to do away from each other and not have to do everything together. LMAO at the snail....my best friend LOVES snails and wants a snail farm. LOL I do not know to many people that love snails and think they are cute. I'm laughing at the snail parent thing. I like these kind of moments (and even the goofing with Nate/Sheila on that door he opened with scared eyes). Its a nice change to see the light hearted moments and its a shame there isn't more of those and less fake drama.  OMG that edit job during "bags" was so bad. Her saying what she was didn't match at all with things a bunch of times. Considering what was said in Unfiltered, I think they took their first game and replayed it in the edits and didn't even bother showing the rest because its when they told her to say she quit. Look at her face in most those scenes before it. She was fine. I think they were told to "put on a show" since there was nothing else for this episode to toss in for "drama" since they are getting along just fine. Hell Anthony even said how good she was at it and he would have her as a partner any day. 

Nate seems to know all those right things to say to Sheila. Still not sure on him at all. I think Sheila has a right to worry about his being financially stable. Even if he was joking about the garage living, the fact is he admitted he was using credit cards more than he should have. As well as think about how he was over the living situation. I will look at that as probably producer driven but he was loving that house that cost way to much for rent. I don't doubt he probably is one of those types that spends without thinking of the cost in the end. I don't think it was that he was just his coming off serious about the situation but he was saying things to make one question how they are with money. Yet I do hope more was discussed after the cameras were gone to clear things up if he was joking. OMG calvin shut up!! They just aren't communicating for your stupid cameras is all. To bad!! I think they had to have talked about shit the night before. You can tell they both look pissed at producers when looking that way. I don't doubt they have those producers in their ears to try to push that fight. She should have taken her mic pack off and told him to follow suit to go talk. There is no way that stuff would have been starting up if it wasn't for production sticking their nose in. 

Wonder how many times the producers butting their nose to their lives was mentioned at the gathering of the couples? LOL 

• Love 3

This episode should have been entitled "Appearances Can be Deceiving".  We have a producer instigated "argument" that Sheila wasn't having and we actually see her refuse to participate in it on screen which should provide proof for anyone still thinking this is an actual argument.  The only argument is with the producer and Nate for wanting her to participate in a fake argument!  When Sheila said several episodes ago "I'm not doing this with you" I thought she meant she was giving up on the relationship with Nate.  Now when she said it again in this episode I knew it's that she wasn't going to play the game that the producer was trying to get her to play.  But that's the entire thing about this show - After the honeymoon so much of it is producer instigated that it's hard to separate truth from fiction.  Nate and Sheila's relationship is fine but the producer is trying to get them to fight for drama.  How stupid!  I don't think it's just that Sheila is fed up with the camera.  She's fed up with the producer constantly getting all up in their business and trying to create drama where none exists.

More deceiving appearances - Suddenly now Danielle and Cody are "trying so hard" and have this "wonderful friendship"?  Who are they kidding? This is another case of producer manipulation and they are playing along with it, just like Davina and Sean went shopping for toys and put up pictures on the wall in their apartment when we all knew damn well there was nothing real going on between them.  The whole romantic dinner/s'mores/pillows under the roaring fire thing was so fake I wanted to puke!  If that wasn't enough to get them going romantically nothing will!  And sorry but it's not just Danielle's fault!  With all that going on Cody should have his man card revoked for not busting a move on her.  But neither one is into the other so that's why they're not happening.  I refuse to buy into this "Cody as victim" narrative.  Both of them are equally responsible here!

Even more deceiving appearances - Clearly we are told in "Unfiltered" that Ashley was actually killing it in "bags" and they only showed us the second game when she started to lose, making her look ridiculous for not wanting to play when it was the PRODUCER that made them stop playing!  This is how the show can make anything look any way they want it to look if they show it completely out of context.  Plus the producer and now the experts put crap in their heads to try to get them riled up - which Ashley has taken the bait for a few times making her look paranoid and insufferable, but obviously it's not working in the big picture because Ashley and Anthony are fine, it's the show that's completely messed up!  I loved it when Anthony pushed back by saying he wasn't going to give into any pressure from the experts on when the relationship should move forward in certain ways - Good for him!  Anthony is looking better and better every week and the "experts" are obvious shills not really interested in what's good for these couples, only what's good for the producer and ratings!

• Love 8

One more thing - Now suddenly this is an 8 week experiment?  I could swear I heard Pastor Cal say that they were at the one month mark and had another 4 weeks to go before decision day.  Since when did they decide to drag this out another 2 insufferable weeks?  Isn't 6 weeks enough torture on us (and them)?

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

WTF is wrong with Sheila?  Does she need medication, meditation or both?

She needs an orgasm. A big ole' orgasm.  

Hey Sheila, newsflash! You signed up to be on a TeeVee show. Camera's will be in your face on a TeeVee show. You don't get to call the shots. Get the eff over yourself. Poor Nate. 

4 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

She's fed up with the producer constantly getting all up in their business and trying to create drama where none exists.

They did mention, though, that they had a fight in the car. Sheila just didn't want it aired. But it's ok for Sheila to berate Nate about his finances and living in a garage. She was a total bitch at dinner.  She didn't have any problem reading him for shit then. On camera. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, HZAnita said:

Okay, but if you feel that way then WHY ARE YOU ON THE SHOW?  It's not like this is season 1 and nobody knew what this show was about.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Okay, but if you feel that way then WHY ARE YOU ON THE SHOW?  It's not like this is season 1 and nobody knew what this show was about.

It's probably very different before the show when they're like "You won't even notice us! Those other couples were just crazy!" then the show begins and they're in the car telling you to keep fighting about something you just want to marinate on for a while and encouraging your husband to follow you and make you talk about it.  I don't blame Sheila for needing a minute, or getting frustrated at the producer who was not nearly as invisible as she should have been.  Shocked that they aired that interaction with the producer, and that they aired Ash and Sheila speaking openly about editing/production on Unfiltered.

Though I understand her frustration in that moment outside, Sheila's stock plummeted for me between the B&B Check-in Champagne scene and the You Broke!/I.Am.Not.Doing.This.With.You.Right.Now.Etc. scenes.  She's still a lot more appealing than either of the other two ladies, and these are probably issues that won't exist once the crews are gone.  Her stock will rise again. 

And since it can't be said enough...

Given their wacky parents and strange sibling setups, neither Nate nor Sheila has got any business being halfway as well-adjusted as they are.

ETA:  Nate at the "haunted" B&B - "let me go down the stairs first"/slam the door and walk out was fantastic. 

9 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

No please, TV gods, let them have sex.  With other people, if at all possible. This awkwardness is death.

Before last night I'd never seen two people aggressively hand-hold like that while they make out with lips only, the woman laying on the floor and the man, IDK, levitating? over the woman.  Cody, man, there's like 15 square feet of skin on her body you could put your hands on... why the hands?  Afraid she'll fall off the floor?

pikicast1495287067.gif     *If Cody were to get some play if he might finally get past puberty and have a big boy voice. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Baby fever usually annoys me but for some reason I found Ashley's "family of five" (2 humans, 2 snails, 1 fish) stuff hilarious. 

Sheila has her faults but she's my favorite of the cast. I agree that the reality of being filmed is probably more intense or relentless than she expected. There are a lot of things you just have to do to understand. 

Speaking of just doing it, maybe if Cody would stop using terms like "getting down" and "going all the way," an adult woman might be able to see him as a potential sex partner. He's such a little wiener baby I just cannot. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 10

Ashley needs to stop giving them show material & lighten up. She's so terrified of change she may end up closed off to any personal growth in her life.

Loved their new little snail/fish family.

Sheila not wanting to be good TV made her good TV. I'd say it was clever but doubt it was intentional. She's concerned about discussing Nate's annoying remark but is open about her lack of orgasms... the producer was probably just confused.

Between the s'mores & donut things Danielle is trying to put Cody in a sugar coma so he'll forget about sex. I can't help but wonder how it went down later with Cody all like, 'okay, soooo', & Danielle, 'um, no', & they go off to their separate bedrooms.

So what bad news did Cody get? Did he finally get the memo he won't be 'hitting any home runs' with Danielle? Or was he told he sounded like an idiot with that juvenile remark? Or even worse, maybe he needs a no sugar diet?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

One more thing - Now suddenly this is an 8 week experiment?  I could swear I heard Pastor Cal say that they were at the one month mark and had another 4 weeks to go before decision day.  Since when did they decide to drag this out another 2 insufferable weeks?  Isn't 6 weeks enough torture on us (and them)?

It was said from the beginning of the show it was 8 weeks. Not sure who's idea wit was but I bet they would say they reviewed comments from viewers that thought it should be longer or some bs like that. LOL 

10 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I loved it when Anthony pushed back by saying he wasn't going to give into any pressure from the experts on when the relationship should move forward in certain ways - Good for him!  Anthony is looking better and better every week and the "experts" are obvious shills not really interested in what's good for these couples, only what's good for the producer and ratings!

I think he was one that caught on quick to it all so when people are saying he should speak up during the beginning of the season it wasn't that he didn't speak up, its that he was smart enough to not do it in front of the cameras. The looks he gets in moments I see are more over the producers but they will make it look like its Ashley instead. Heck remember when rachel showed up at their door that first time? They didn't want her there and made a comment about it. They were fine but rachel planted that seed of doubt with a few comments. I'm glad Anthony is not going to be pressured by these idiots. Means he knows they are a joke IMO and that they would do more harm than good for their relationship.  This is why I have been disgusted more and more with the stupid "experts" and producers with this show. The crap they constantly have to pull is beyond irresponsible. 

5 hours ago, Drogo said:

I don't blame Sheila for needing a minute, or getting frustrated at the producer who was not nearly as invisible as she should have been.  Shocked that they aired that interaction with the producer, and that they aired Ash and Sheila speaking openly about editing/production on Unfiltered.

Agree and was surprised they let both those slip in the edits as well. 

3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Baby fever usually annoys me but for some reason I found Ashley's "family of five" (2 humans, 2 snails, 1 fish) stuff hilarious. 

Sheila has her faults but she's my favorite of the cast. I agree that the reality of being filmed is probably more intense or relentless than she expected. There are a lot of things you just have to do to understand. 

LMAO The "family of five" came off sweet in its own way but also refreshing since it was just them getting along and doing something normal like, you know? 

I agree with the comment on Sheila. I don't know who has or hasn't watched this show that was on it. Who was recruited or applied on their own either. Either way one should see what it was before doing it IMO. They need to REALLY watch to see the insane edits, the butting in and made up bs going on. Then think long and hard on doing this stuff. Its not going to be a cakewalk having a crew follow you around or sticking their nose in your business. If the producers or whoever tells these people oh its not hard or its not like what you think or saw because *insert insane made up excuse* then they got played. 

35 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

So what bad news did Cody get?

Was wondering if it was about his gym since he kept saying he didn't know how she would take the news. Who knows really because it could be something really frickin stupid considering how this show plays things up and its not a big deal in the end. Which I am going to assume this probably is as well until we know. I couldn't even pay to much attention to them since the edit job was so bad during those scenes. It was another convo all over the place type cut too. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, JAndy said:

She was acting like a baby. Very childish. I also don't understand how she didn't realize that cameras would be following her and documenting everything. So bizarre. 

Yes, I agree. She well knew what was expected of her , they all do. You can't cherry pick, like taking the free dinner and bed and breakfast, then turn around and have a contest with the producers.  I understand she wanted to reserve her and Nate's issues for alone times, but the issues were then, at that moment, when the camera was there.  As it was, she created a scene anyway, one that made her appear extremely selfish, imo.

• Love 4