Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: One Month Anniversary

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The reason N8 didn't push back was that she was right...but if the shoe or high heel was on the other foot she would be enraged he would criticize her personal finances.

Or she'd give him that creepy, angry stare with the monotone voice meant to intimidate because she doesn't want to talk about it on camera...  but ask her about her orgasm situation 'cuz that's not too private.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Or she'd give him that creepy, angry stare with the monotone voice meant to intimidate because she doesn't want to talk about it on camera...  but ask her about her orgasm situation 'cuz that's not too private.

BOOM!

The reason I think she doesn't consider the orgasm discussion private is because it alludes to her being innocent. Kind of, "I'm so pure, I can't even have an orgasm now that I'm married." That still holds up to her self-perception as virtuous.

I know female sexual arousal is a complicated thing, but I can't help but wonder at what point does one decide to seek some counseling or medical insight into the situation? I know sex without orgasm is still pleasurable, but at some point, you do need to take ownership of your own pleasure.

Edited by red12
  • Love 3
On 6/30/2017 at 0:25 AM, lilsadone said:

Her concern that he wasn't financially stable based on that story he told about the garage or basement apartment makes sense. He said in his talking head that he was just playing, but we never heard him say he was joking around to her directly - maybe she really felt he was serious. IF that's a huge concern, she could have laughed it off in the moment as he was trying to do, then bring it up later in private like "btw earlier at dinner you mentioned..."  

I disagree. She made a much bigger deal of it than was warranted. First, the story he's telling is set in the past - and it doesn't even matter how long in the past. Second, I've done exactly what he considered doing: I've rented a loft in a garage where it was just a bed, a dresser, and a bathroom. At the time, I was working two jobs and was only home to sleep, shower, and change clothes. So that living arrangement was everything I needed and kept my cost of living to the bare minimum. Just because someone considers doing that doesn't indicate that their financial life was about to explode and rain shit down on them. Her attitude was basically that he should be living in a place that shows off his means, even if it's more space than he needs and costs more than another place that's exactly as big as he needs it to be. Based on that whole exchange, I would expect him to be much better at managing money than she is because he has enough sense to choose appropriately sized domiciles, whereas she'll feel the need to prove to the neighbors that she's making decent money by buying a larger house than she needs and/or driving a more expensive car.

Furthermore, what's his motivation to lie about anything in that story? He's obviously financially balanced now, since he's supporting himself and his younger brother. In the end, she was just a bitch about it all. If it had been me, her attitude would have triggered a much larger fight and, more than likely, an impending divorce (that I wouldn't have wasted any time filing).

I am so sick and tired of listening to Cody and him going on and on about not having had sex with Danielle yet. Every time he opens his damned mouth, he says something and then complains about having blue balls. Or he complains about having blue balls and then says something else. Also, he wasn't very smart to put that out there with the other couples. He was even more stupid to throw Danielle under the bus, even if their lack of sexual activity was her fault. The fact is if he'd been paying attention during the honeymoon, they'd have been having sex the entire time. He was the jackass that wanted to take things even slower than they did during the honeymoon.

• Love 2

I'm sure we didn't see the whole convo, but from what we did see Sheila seemed to negatively judge Nate right away. Maybe he did have financial issues, which may or may not have been due to being irresponsible, but then again maybe he just wanted to get some bills paid off & save a bit too. I feel like she should've stopped reading between the lines & asked more pointed questions instead of making assumptions.

• Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I disagree. She made a much bigger deal of it than was warranted. First, the story he's telling is set in the past - and it doesn't even matter how long in the past. Second, I've done exactly what he considered doing: I've rented a loft in a garage where it was just a bed, a dresser, and a bathroom. At the time, I was working two jobs and was only home to sleep, shower, and change clothes. So that living arrangement was everything I needed and kept my cost of living to the bare minimum. Just because someone considers doing that doesn't indicate that their financial life was about to explode and rain shit down on them. Her attitude was basically that he should be living in a place that shows off his means, even if it's more space than he needs and costs more than another place that's exactly as big as he needs it to be. Based on that whole exchange, I would expect him to be much better at managing money than she is because he has enough sense to choose appropriately sized domiciles, whereas she'll feel the need to prove to the neighbors that she's making decent money by buying a larger house than she needs and/or driving a more expensive car.

Furthermore, what's his motivation to lie about anything in that story? He's obviously financially balanced now, since he's supporting himself and his younger brother. In the end, she was just a bitch about it all. If it had been me, her attitude would have triggered a much larger fight and, more than likely, an impending divorce (that I wouldn't have wasted any time filing).

I don't disagree with you. 

My post was simply stating that IF it raised a red flag for her regarding financial stability, she should have just brought it up OFF camera to discuss in more detail since SHE keeps claiming that she doesn't like having arguments on camera. Instead, she blew it all out or proportion at the dinner table during filming - the exact opposite of what she EXPECTs him to do --- remember, she keeps insisting that she gets angry because they have arguments on camera instead of in private. 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, lilsadone said:

I don't disagree with you. 

My post was simply stating that IF it raised a red flag for her regarding financial stability, she should have just brought it up OFF camera to discuss in more detail since SHE keeps claiming that she doesn't like having arguments on camera. Instead, she blew it all out or proportion at the dinner table during filming - the exact opposite of what she EXPECTs him to do --- remember, she keeps insisting that she gets angry because they have arguments on camera instead of in private. 

Fair enough. I apologize for misunderstanding your post. Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate it.

1 minute ago, MrSmith said:

Fair enough. I apologize for misunderstanding your post. Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate it.

I do agree with you though about how she seems like the type that wants to "keep up with the Jones" as they say. 

I'd much rather live somewhere crappy and be able to get out of debt, pay bills, etc - especially if I live the lifestyle where I am rarely at home. 

• Love 2
On 6/29/2017 at 8:16 PM, Gem 10 said:

Two dummies.  Could it be they're wondering who should make the first move????.  It's either that or one can't stand the other.

imo it's a case of zero chemistry - he'd have sex anyway but she's not interested.

Funny how his brother ended up with the real relationship!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

imo it's a case of zero chemistry - he'd have sex anyway but she's not interested.

I wonder if that was intentional.  Producer interference.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

The fact is if he'd been paying attention during the honeymoon, they'd have been having sex the entire time. He was the jackass that wanted to take things even slower than they did during the honeymoon.

Actually they were never going to have sex. She said she hasn't felt any "chemistry" with him since they meet. He has tried a few times from what has been said during the show and Unfiltered but she turned him down. Just the fact that she wasn't into him in that way from the get go shows they were never going to end up having sex. The show wanted the viewers to think otherwise though with the clips they kept using over and over again. Just as they are still doing about it not happening since there is nothing else to use for these 2. 

3 hours ago, nexxie said:

I doubt its a real relationship but more just about sex and nothing more. 

1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I wonder if that was intentional.  Producer interference.

There is always the chance this could be the case. Never know with this show. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Actually they were never going to have sex. She said she hasn't felt any "chemistry" with him since they meet. He has tried a few times from what has been said during the show and Unfiltered but she turned him down. Just the fact that she wasn't into him in that way from the get go shows they were never going to end up having sex. The show wanted the viewers to think otherwise though with the clips they kept using over and over again. Just as they are still doing about it not happening since there is nothing else to use for these 2.

I don't think the sexual chemistry not being there from the get-go is a sure indication that it would never be there.  We all know these things can change and I  think Cody might have had a chance in the beginning but if so he flubbed it due to immaturity and lack of confidence.  Then again it could be true that there was never a chance in hell of changing Danielle on that front.  I've been there and done that too.  A guy I knew in college was crazy about me but I never felt "that way" about him.  There was just something not registering for me at all.  He was a good friend and ended up one of my groomsmen at my wedding but before I met my husband he was on me all the time and acted like a sick puppy because I didn't return the feeling (we were young, I gave him a break because he was a nice guy).  I ended up friend zoning him and he stayed there for a long time until he finally convinced me to "date" him.  At the end of the date he made his moves on me and we ended up making out.  By that time I was curious as to whether actually kissing him would change anything and thought I might have been "too hard" on him for not giving him a chance.  Well, it didn't change anything.  In fact, it did the exact opposite!  Everything about it felt "wrong" - The way he kissed, the way he felt, the way he acted, the way he smelled, you name it!  It was a total turn off like I had never experienced before (or since!).  I was actually shocked at how I felt about it.  At that point I genuinely hoped things might turn around for us.  The strange thing is that I think he felt the same way!  He looked like he realized we had zero chemistry.  From then on he never pressured me to go on a date with him again and later admitted that I was right all along that we were just not a good match that way.  He ended up getting married to a very nice woman and having a family.  I guess they had chemistry because they ended up having 4 kids!

Anyway.....long story short is I can't blame Danielle if this is the case, which it very well could be, because I can't imagine finding any chemistry with Cody myself.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

We don't watch the Unfiltered show. Mainly because we didn't know it existed at first and now ... why bother? So, I appreciate you sharing this information with me.

• Love 1
On 6/29/2017 at 10:21 PM, Straycat80 said:

Did Anthony and Ashley just get in an argument about her not wanting to play bags? I suck at bags too but Mr. Straycat wouldn't dare get mad at me for not wanting to play. I get that Anthony got upset for her being a quitter but IMO it really wasn't a big deal. 

He didn't get mad because she stopped playing. He was shocked that she would get so upset at not being good at it.

On 6/30/2017 at 1:33 AM, Evil Queen said:

I'm laughing at the snail parent thing. I like these kind of moments (and even the goofing with Nate/Sheila on that door he opened with scared eyes). Its a nice change to see the light hearted moments and its a shame there isn't more of those and less fake drama.

Agree!!

On 6/30/2017 at 3:07 AM, Snarklepuss said:

We have a producer instigated "argument" that Sheila wasn't having and we actually see her refuse to participate in it on screen which should provide proof for anyone still thinking this is an actual argument.  The only argument is with the producer and Nate for wanting her to participate in a fake argument!  When Sheila said several episodes ago "I'm not doing this with you" I thought she meant she was giving up on the relationship with Nate.  Now when she said it again in this episode I knew it's that she wasn't going to play the game that the producer was trying to get her to play. 

Interesting... So she was/is talking to the producer, not to Nate! It makes sense that they would use it to create drama.

• Love 1

The mishmashing of clips together to form a sentence on this show is ridiculous! I'm pretty sure there was a sentence from Dr. Pepper where every single word was taken from ten other sentences. It's so noticeable when I'm listening to the podcast. It's as bad as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEGFaOeUm2A

• Love 1