Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Celebrations

• Start Topic

On 6/17/2017 at 4:39 PM, Paddywagon said:

I think Ashley is preggers.  Her skin tone and body shape look different in Unfiltered and the way she's sitting is weird.

I also think the tension between Nate and Don-nay is producer driven because Don-nay's tripping my gaydar big time.  Plus, what straight guy would pronounce Donny as Don-nay (even if it was a cultual pronunciation)?

So, this comment about Donnay hit something I mentioned to my husband while watching this episode. "What if Donnay is gay, but holy?"

I have known Christian men who acknowledge same sex attraction, but believe it to be against God's will. These men were partially closeted and maybe only discussed the situation with a few select people. If that is the case for Donnay, it's possible Sheila is unwilling to out him on tv.

Whether that is the case or not, Nate was all types of wrong in the way he confronted Donnay. It was immature and mean. I also suspect that Nate has problems with trust because of the way he has behaved in the past vs anything an ex has done to him. He just reads as an insecure guy who falls back on behaviors of fragile masculinity when he feels inferior. Ex.- losing at ping pong on the honeymoon. Not to mention I'm still not over him waiting until after the marriage was consummated to tell Sheila about his brother living with them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Blissfool, What school district  is open on Labor Day,  a federal holiday? 

In texas. We begin the monday before labor day and they're not about to give us the day off 5 days in.

1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Blissfool, What school district  is open on Labor Day,  a federal holiday? 

5 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

In texas. We begin the monday before labor day and they're not about to give us the day off 5 days in.

Not to side track things but wow. Our high school district starts 3 days before Labor Day weekend and we still get the 3 day weekend. Those teachers and office staff would have a cow if they didn't get it that way. Yet the other 2 districts here for (elem/middle) all start the Wed after Labor Day so I would think some are probably in there that day trying to finish getting things ready. 

10 minutes ago, red12 said:

So, this comment about Donnay hit something I mentioned to my husband while watching this episode. "What if Donnay is gay, but holy?"

I have known Christian men who acknowledge same sex attraction, but believe it to be against God's will. These men were partially closeted and maybe only discussed the situation with a few select people. If that is the case for Donnay, it's possible Sheila is unwilling to out him on tv.

Whether that is the case or not, Nate was all types of wrong in the way he confronted Donnay. It was immature and mean. I also suspect that Nate has problems with trust because of the way he has behaved in the past vs anything an ex has done to him. He just reads as an insecure guy who falls back on behaviors of fragile masculinity when he feels inferior. Ex.- losing at ping pong on the honeymoon. Not to mention I'm still not over him waiting until after the marriage was consummated to tell Sheila about his brother living with them.

I kind of don't think he has insecurity issues. I know he has said things but I don't know. I believe he is just one of those that will say whatever he thinks he needs to depending on the situation and now think it also will depend on who is around him. Which the fact that he tossed his friends into the mix....yeah I wouldn't trust his ass at the clubs with them. Sheila is right on about her feelings on that stuff and she handled this situation well. Stood firm in things and said a few things but not overly dramatic or anything either. I will bet there was a good talk about it all once he was sobered up. As should be. I think Donnay, gay or not, is not something that should be the main focus of the issue at all in the end. Let's say he is and doesn't have an issue with it being out in the open on tv...the fact is since she has been friends with him for a long time and is like family to her should be what is the important points in this. Even gay, some men may not like that around either. You just never know. Especially with this group and how they seem to behave together. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I feel as though if there was some secret about Donnay's sexuality he wanted to make sure stayed hidden, he probably would just not appear on the show.     

Cody and Danielle are just sad to watch.  I do kind of wonder if the couples are essentially under orders to at least pretend to try to make it work for the sake of the cameras regardless of how they really feel.  Those two seem absolutely miserable together, and I can't really see either continuing to stick around if this was real life.     

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 1

Does anyone else find it weird (and a little possessive and creepy) that Nate almost-always refers to Sheila as "my wife"?  My wife does this, my wife said that...you can use her name, buddy; we've been paying attention and know who you mean when you say "Sheila"!!

• Love 3

Does anyone else find it weird (and a little possessive and creepy) that Nate almost-always refers to Sheila as "my wife"?  My wife does this, my wife said that...you can use her name, buddy; we've been paying attention and know who you mean when you say "Sheila"!!

I was thinking there were two things going on there.  1) Nate was someone who simply wanted to be married, and he likes the idea of calling someone his wife. Also 2) presumably it's a helpful way to remind his friends who are only now meeting Shelia of what her relationship to him is. 

• Love 1
On 20.6.2017 at 6:13 AM, Lovecat said:

It's fine by me. If I were desperate enough to go to MAFS, I'd do so because I wanted a husband and I would enjoy the heck out of saying it. My husband, My husband, My husband.

• Love 4

Everytime I saw poor Cody he looked like Neil. Beaten down nervous and on edge. I don't like Danielle. She's no brunette Ashley (though after watching David on mafs 2nd chances I forgive Ashley for everything lol) but she's so cold and judgemental. She seems to criticize everything Cody does and it seems he's exhausted from trying to please her. I think that since Cody is used to casual sex, he made a move on their wedding night thinking it was not a big deal to initiate sex and Danielle shot him down. And emasculated him ever so very so he's timid now and afraid to try again and be rejected. It's fine if Danielle isn't attracted to Cody. I don't find his personality attractive and though I used to think he was the most handsome, I like Anthony's appearance better now. 

Ashley needs to relax! 

Nate is ridiculous! So he thinks it's perfectly OK to go to clubs twice a week with friends who act single but are not. But Sheila shouldn't have a platonic male friend and nate feels the need to threaten the make friend. Grow up Nate! I have a platonic male friend who I've known for 20 years. We are just that. Friends. He's like a brother. We have a blast together, we confide in each other and we sometimes argue lol. He's very attractive and sometimes friends ask y I never dated him. There is no chemistry there at all. We kissed years ago and it was gross. So I can totally believe there is nothing for nate to worry about. 

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, kira28 said:

I think that since Cody is used to casual sex, he made a move on their wedding night thinking it was not a big deal to initiate sex and Danielle shot him down. And emasculated him ever so very so he's timid now and afraid to try again and be rejected.

I've been saying this all along.  I would bet good money that's exactly what happened.  I re-watched the episodes of the wedding and when they were preparing for the honeymoon.  On their wedding night, Cody and Danielle were rolling around on the bed; they were all over each other. However, the very next morning, she wouldn't look him in the eye and became distant.  That was when I started to suspect that something went horribly awry.  Whatever it was, it appears that neither one is willing to talk about it.  Seems they are just going to fill the remaining weeks with "will they or won't they?"  At this point, I don't believe most viewers care.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 4
On 6/17/2017 at 10:19 AM, humbleopinion said:

It was fun watching Angie playfully bumping and grinding on Charlie's lap in between miserable Cody and withering Danielle at the country outing.

I disagree. I wouldn't flaunt my awesome sex life in front of my brother or my best friend if I knew they are miserable. Thumbs down to them.

• Love 2

What is the deal with Nate's Mom?

So, she doesn't accept this marriage because marriage is sacred and forever and this is not the right way to do it.

But it is done. They are married. Therefore, it should be taken seriously and it can't be broken, right? If this is what she believes, then why is she trying to sabotage it. Does she want Nate to get divorced? 

It makes no sense. 

• Love 5

Could Nate be anymore immature?! This fool and his friends ganged up on Sheila's best friend, because he doesn't not believe men and women could be friends. He needs to grow all the way up. I'm starting to think that Sheila and Cody would have made a better match. Nate isn't ready to be anyone's husband. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, spunky said:

I'm starting to think that Sheila and Cody would have made a better match. Nate isn't ready to be anyone's husband. 

Well, neither one of them are having orgasms lol.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/17/2017 at 3:03 PM, humbleopinion said:

Ashley's hair(extensions) on fire made me laugh... but seeing Anthony's dry bedhead hair...big fat curls in all its chocolate brown majesty made me sit up and take a closer look.

What a healthy head of hair...

Edited by humbleopinion
glitchy stuff going on