Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Trust

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Yeah, at this point I agree, there is no chemistry between them. Cody is trying too hard to be a good husband and I feel he's not acting himself, he's playing a role and it's stressing him out. 

As far as remembering what time an event starts, the wedding, I'm used to guys having no clue until the last minute. I handle all our events, appointments, etc...Mr. Straycat is told what's going on, what time to be home, etc...because, well, he's a guy. 

It seemed like the 'art project' was producer driven. Let's see if Cody is manly enough to work a power tool. I felt bad for him.

at this point it looks like Anthony and Ashley will be ok. And Nate and Shelia will be ok if his Mother isn't around much. I know she has a mothers concern for her son but she's very negative. 

How come the mother is sticking her nose in Nate's business instead of raising her son that is living with Nate and Shelia???  Is that her son too or is that one from another Mother?  Confusing that the boy doesn't live with his parents.  But with that said I give Nate and Shelia all the credit in the world for being there for this young man.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

How come the mother is sticking her nose in Nate's business instead of raising her son that is living with Nate and Shelia???  Is that her son too or is that one from another Mother?  Confusing that the boy doesn't live with his parents.  But with that said I give Nate and Shelia all the credit in the world for being there for this young man.

He has the same dad as Nate but different mom. He's staying with them until he starts college.

Cue the violins....

Cody telling Danielle the reasons he doesn't know "manly man" things is his father was emotionally distant, was silent and uncommunicative plus Cody spent more time in his mother's apron (I added that) and so he missed learning power tools and such from his largely absent father.

Cody getting the puss edit ...again.

Fumbling with power screw driver and Danielle watching him fail...again.

Dude and Homie make me jittery just watching them.

Someone... anyone in the camera crew or production...please teach them to sit and stay.

• Love 7

According to her (she's usually overly defensive on her SM) Homie and Dude's behavior is 'not a biggie' and down to the camermen. Funnily enough, the show had other dogs as well (Zeus, Lola, Dax) and they didn't behave this way.

• Love 5

Getting philosophical...

Anthony: Don't sweat the small stuff...It's all small stuff.

Ashley: It's all big stuff...The smallest stuff is too big and makes me sweat and freak out.

Good job Rachel.. f*cking with Ash's mind and making Anthony clean up after your mess.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I am so lost on that who bs with Nate and his mom. It was so sliced and diced that I have no clue what was really said at all and was going on aside from her upset. Thanks editing room for the super crap job there. SMH

Same here!  I finally turned on the subtitles, and STILL couldn't understand what they were fighting about.

• Love 3

When Mother Duhon screeched No and stamped her foot when N8 asked if she was going to sit down...that was  my cue to leave the room.

Don't think she and N8's dad ever married but still call her Mother Duhon for identification.

Sheila is the only official Mrs. Duhon...sez so on her drivers license.

When N8 was getting verklempt about how changing her name to Duhon meant Sheila was his...that was just weird...and troubling.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, zoltana said:

Same here!  I finally turned on the subtitles, and STILL couldn't understand what they were fighting about.

Well if subtitles didn't even help there then someone should tell the editing crew to get their heads out of their asses and pay attention...as well as production.  SMH 

• Love 3

Just watched this episode, and I'm shocked at my own reactions.

I'm liking Nate the best! By changing her name, Sheila made the perfect gesture of commitment, moreso than even the marriage, with him. Also, she seems genuinely kind with Lil Bro. I think Nate is starting to believe Sheila IS his "Queen"!

Anthony is becoming boring and bland, and maybe even remote from Ashley. What emotional stuff doesn't he dare unload on her?

But Cody? OY! I am SO OVER him and his "I'm just trying to be a good husband and do what a good husband does like dust and shop for groceries and be a good husband to "D" and good husband good husband....." It isn't a CAREER you STUDY for, Cody! But Danielle is JUST AS DOPEY, thinking being a "leader" and a "real man" is being able to use a drill or wash her mutts! Plus, she was looking her age and then some to me this episode.

• Love 13

I just wish Cody would stop talking.  I mean, he could be on screen, just don't talk.  Maybe it's that he keeps saying the same thing ad nauseum, or, that he always sounds so whiny.  Enough with the Danielle and I.

He's like Eyore without the likability.

Maybe he and Nate can get together and Nate can talk about all the 'essiting' times he's been having with S.  They should have the couples hang out with each other.  

• Love 7

I'll meet your oy and raise you a vey...oy vey. 

How are we gonna tolerate another month plus of this?

5 more episodes of Cody vocal frying on wwwwhy...wwwwhy his wife doesn't see him as a husband...he's shopping with her and holding her purse...he's washing her dogs' undercarriages...he's acting adorable when punching on the coffee maker's buttons...

Danielle is just messing with Cody now, she never wants to have sex with him but has 5 more episodes to keep the audience guessing...will they or won't they...zzzzzzzzz

'essiting'=exciting, amirite?

• Love 6
22 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

No payoff sex for Cody after dressing spiffy in his pleather jacket, Dansing lessons and fancy dinner out????

Agreed... Cody's become her lap dog.

Danielle now has 3 doggies.

But only one obeys her every command...

Cody is such a wimpy mess it's hard to watch him disintegrate right on camera!  He has NO masculine qualities whatsoever and Danielle has more than enough to compensate for his deficits...I don't see ANY compatibility between these two!  Can't wait for the series to be over so these 2 can uncouple and be done with each other!!!

• Love 7

Codys voice is soooo terrible and monotone but I do feel sorry for that poor vocal fry of a guy because he looks like he has so much anxiety trying to be masculine enough for D and it gives me anxiety watching him .Speaking of D, she is a very old looking 30 . She could also use a different hair do and eyebrow . 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don't think not changing one's name is a feminist action. I mean, I 100% do not care what Ashley or any other married person does with their last name - why would I, it has nothing to do with me or my life - but you can not change your name AND not be a feminist. I don't think Sheila should have changed her name YET, just like I don't think Nate should have given up his apartment. It's about timing, not the name itself.

I wish more women would realize that they have the last name they have because their MOTHERS capitulated to the patriarchy.  And so did their grandmothers.  And so on.  Change it, don't change it.  I changed mine because I was tired of being at the end of the alphabet.

• Love 4

So the big keep 'em coming back for more is whether or not Danielle & Cody will ever have sex- maybe they'll get the big finish...

But personally I think Sheila finally having an orgasm is better suited for a happy ending this season.

• Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

You have it switched...

Cody needs a happy ending...

Sheila's orgasm is the big finish...for her...

I actually think Sheila would be the happier one, in the end.

Edited by gonecrackers
(edited)

Why...Drogo...why is N8 your fave?

Tyrique is mine because he just goes with the flow.

He acts naturally...Cody could take a few hints.

He wore a grad cap as a chef hat.

He seems to take the cameras and absurdity of the situation in stride.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

For the first time ever on this stupid show I am actually invested in one of these couples Anthony and Ashley just seem to have a real connection and are adorable. Given the lack of of faith I have in these experts this will probably explode spectacularly.

On another note who ever designed the background of the expert talking heads needs to be fired, I don't know that I  have ever seen anything uglier than that pendant shade, tiedyeesque vase and silver sphere behind Dr. Pepper. It's so bad I am going to assumeshe chose it because she is the worst.

On a furniture note why on earth would you have to give your last name to by a tray?

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Agnetha said:

He's not catch, but I'm growing tired of Danielle. She's not into him, she should say so instead of criticizing every breath he takes. He's not a catch but I'm starting to feel sorry for him. Any good qualities he might have are buried because through judging him she brings out all of his insecurities. Of all the three women, she too me is the most high maintenance one.

I already feel sorry for him. The look of contempt and disdain towards him every time he spoke. He's young, and a terrible match, but he's at least nice to her. Unless they're getting paid by the day for filming like in the Aussie version, she can get off her behind and walk out a la Heather. At this point, she obviously can't stand Cody and that won't change. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

You have it switched...

Cody needs a happy ending...

Sheila's orgasm is the big finish...for her...

Have to admit the show is good enough to keep us talking and talking....lol.  Just the visual in my head of Cody and Danielle having sex scares me.  Uggg it's not a beautiful thing.  And her dogs...I like animals but those two dogs definitely need some obedience training and perhaps sleeping someplace other than the marital bed???

Ashley is high maintenance..  She's got some reasons that she has not married.  I think we are seeing some of them week by week.

Yes Danielle looks 'older' but I think Shelia looks 'older'.  I think she does a lot of maintenance to keep her youthful appearance.  Scenes from coming attractions kind of made me sad for Nate.  They both have trust issues and she seems to be flaunting her old bo/friend when she knows Nate hurts and is doing everything to overcome her own trust issues.

You just gotta love reality (producers reality) shows. 

19 hours ago, Agnetha said:

I don't get why she was so eager to get married (and at first sight at that). Probably another of her beloved 'adventures'. I mean don't get me wrong, it's mostly the experts' fault for mismatching them, but I don't like how she uses Cody as an outlet for her frustrations. He's in the same boat as her - he probably had envisioned himself with a different kind of woman as well - but I don't see him trying and testing her around every corner. It's getting uncomfortably close to bullying. We get it, he's not what you've asked for and you won't spend the rest of your life with him, so just leave him in peace for the last few weeks instead of torturing him with some expectations of what a manly man should act like. He's inexperienced and not very worldly, but he seems like a nice enough guy and shouldn't be put through the wringer for something (= this 'match') that isn't his fault.

I might agree with you but I think the show pushes the couples to spend time together and find something to like about each other and Danielle is finding that very difficult.  If she could just lay back and not focus on the way he's letting her down I think she would come off much differently.  I've seen this before on this show, usually with the women.  Ashley wasn't into David but the show kept forcing them to spend time together and it just made Ashley look worse and worse every week as she was forced to face yet AGAIN all the things that she didn't like about him.  Same happened with Heather, although it got so hard for her she ended up backing out.  I think the audience is often the hardest on the women on this show and it does tend to bother me because there are two sides to every story.  If Cody wasn't so obviously an insufferable wimp, I might agree more that Danielle is being harsh on him and too hung up on "manliness", but I just can't do that.  If I were in her shoes I would probably feel and act the same, especially at her age.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Why...Drogo...why is N8 your fave?

Tyrique is mine because he just goes with the flow.

He acts naturally...Cody could take a few hints.

He wore a grad cap as a chef hat.

He seems to take the cameras and absurdity of the situation in stride.

Pizza contest and yoga reactions. Like watching myself.

He's come a long way from that pingpong game. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Cue the violins....

Cody telling Danielle the reasons he doesn't know "manly man" things is his father was emotionally distant, was silent and uncommunicative plus Cody spent more time in his mother's apron (I added that) and so he missed learning power tools and such from his largely absent father.

I was going to post about that too!  Cue the violins, LOLOL!  It seems really "off" to me that a guy that was raised on a FARM out in the country could be so obviously unable to handle a simple power tool!  I don't care how "emotionally distant" his father was, I'm sure he couldn't possibly own a farm and not know how to use a drill, and there's no emotions necessary to communicate that to his freaking SON!  I grew up in NYC and even I could manage a power tool at his age and I'm a WOMAN!  I'd hate to see him scratch his head on the side of the road if he got a flat tire.  I was changing tires at his age and I'm a "feminine" lipstick, high heel wearing woman, too!  Anyway, I call dysfunctional family there.  His mother was probably very overbearing and that's why he became a total puss.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Agnetha said:

She's really almost as mean as Sam.

Oh come on, he is so totally painting himself to be the victim there, it's unreal.  What a total puss he is, trying to throw her under the bus!  Big bad, mean Danielle - IMO she is far from being a meanie, she is being KIND to him, IMO.  Sam was the meanie and she admitted it.  Danielle may have decided already that she isn't into him but she has to keep putting on the act for the show that she's still open to him.  I don't blame Danielle one bit.  If I were stuck in that situation with a guy I wasn't liking very much I'm sure I wouldn't come off too well either.  None of the women who have been stuck with bad matches (for them) on this show have come off well and to be honest I am tired of them getting the blame for it.  What are they supposed to do if she feels he is a huge mismatch for her?  It doesn't matter what she does or how she acts with him, she's still not going to like him and that's her business, which I sympathize with, personally.  Even Heather, who decided to back out was bashed no matter how awful Derek looked.  There's more to this situation than meets the eye.  It's a give and take and on his end it's coming off really weak.  He is saying things to look like he's so invested but he's FOS, IMO.  If he were that invested he wouldn't be coming off like such a puss.  He'd take the bull by the horns and help turn things around!  But he can't!  He's such a puss he is completely out of his depth in a marital relationship!   I try to put myself in the women's shoes and that explains a lot about their behavior.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Oh come on, he is so totally painting himself to be the victim there, it's unreal.  What a total puss he is, trying to throw her under the bus!  Big bad, mean Danielle - IMO she is far from being a meanie, she is being KIND to him, IMO.  Sam was the meanie and she admitted it.  Danielle may have decided already that she isn't into him but she has to keep putting on the act for the show that she's still open to him.  I don't blame Danielle one bit.  If I were stuck in that situation with a guy I wasn't liking very much I'm sure I wouldn't come off too well either.  None of the women who have been stuck with bad matches (for them) on this show have come off well and to be honest I am tired of them getting the blame for it.  What are they supposed to do if she feels he is a huge mismatch for her?  It doesn't matter what she does or how she acts with him, she's still not going to like him and that's her business, which I sympathize with, personally.  Even Heather, who decided to back out was bashed no matter how awful Derek looked.  There's more to this situation than meets the eye.  It's a give and take and on his end it's coming off really weak.  He is saying things to look like he's so invested but he's FOS, IMO.  If he were that invested he wouldn't be coming off like such a puss.  He'd take the bull by the horns and help turn things around!  But he can't!  He's such a puss he is completely out of his depth in a marital relationship!   I try to put myself in the women's shoes and that explains a lot about their behavior.

I usually sympathize with the women a lot and never understood why Derek got such a favorable edit. But I don't see that with Cody. There's no meanness in him, and in Danielle's own words he was really trying to make life easier for her. I can sympathize with Cody because in some ways, I'm similar to him - if you trust and like me, you'll see the best side of me. If you doubt me, you will get the puss version of me, a myriad of all my insecurities. If anything, it's Danielle got the better edit, because the show makes it look like he never tries to get physical with her when in reality he tried a lot and was turned down on almost every single occasion.

• Love 7

Well in fairness to Danielle - Cody never should have been cast on this show!  This is supposed to be about people who have "tried everything to find love", and a 25 year old guy who has spent the last few years moving back with his parents to open a business is not that person.  Whether he was the daily sex machine he claims to have been, or the big old virgin I suspect him of being, he has not "tried everything to find love"; he has in fact probably tried very little.  I don't know why he applied to be on this show (maybe thought it would get him laid?) but he should have been told to come back in 10 years if he is still single.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, princelina said:

Well in fairness to Danielle - Cody never should have been cast on this show!  This is supposed to be about people who have "tried everything to find love", and a 25 year old guy who has spent the last few years moving back with his parents to open a business is not that person.  Whether he was the daily sex machine he claims to have been, or the big old virgin I suspect him of being, he has not "tried everything to find love"; he has in fact probably tried very little.  I don't know why he applied to be on this show (maybe thought it would get him laid?) but he should have been told to come back in 10 years if he is still single.

Yep what he/she said ^^^!

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Agnetha said:

I usually sympathize with the women a lot and never understood why Derek got such a favorable edit. But I don't see that with Cody. There's no meanness in him, and in Danielle's own words he was really trying to make life easier for her. I can sympathize with Cody because in some ways, I'm similar to him - if you trust and like me, you'll see the best side of me. If you doubt me, you will get the puss version of me, a myriad of all my insecurities. If anything, it's Danielle got the better edit, because the show makes it look like he never tries to get physical with her when in reality he tried a lot and was turned down on almost every single occasion.

Yeah but I don't blame her for turning him down.  Just not being "mean" doesn't mean that Danielle is being wrong for not liking him and not respecting him very much, IMO.  I find him a total turn-off and I'm not even into "he men" or "manly men" either!  I just like a nice average guy but he is so far in the other direction I couldn't bring myself to do it!  It's a visceral reaction with him!  And that has to mean it's really BAD because he's not even a bad looking guy!  Before I knew anything about him I thought he was the best looking guy - Now, that isn't even enough to get me over my extreme turn-off to hm as a person.  He is so bad I don't think any amount of "looking better if matched with someone who liked him" would change that very much if at all! 

• Love 3
Just now, princelina said:

I agree with that in that no one younger than let's say 29 should be cast for the show. I suspect however that they have a lack of a bit more mature men. The reality is that no successful and handsome 35-year old male business owner would need to apply for a show like this, he could simply sign up for an online dating service like Eharmony and have his pick out of beautiful, successful women. That's why we have so many young 20 something guys.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, princelina said:

Thank you, ITA!  I'm willing to give him a few years to become ready.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Agnetha said:

I agree with that in that no one younger than let's say 29 should be cast for the show. I suspect however that they have a lack of a bit more mature men. The reality is that no successful and handsome 35-year old male business owner would need to apply for a show like this, he could simply sign up for an online dating service like Eharmony and have his pick out of beautiful, successful women. That's why we have so many young 20 something guys.

Haha I just can't believe they can't find male fame whores in their 30s! I guess the struggle is real :)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Yeah but I don't blame her for turning him down.  Just not being "mean" doesn't mean that Danielle is being wrong for not liking him and not respecting him very much, IMO.  I find him a total turn-off and I'm not even into "he men" or "manly men" either!  I just like a nice average guy but he is so far in the other direction I couldn't bring myself to do it!  It's a visceral reaction with him!  And that has to mean it's really BAD because he's not even a bad looking guy!  Before I knew anything about him I thought he was the best looking guy - Now, that isn't even enough to get me over my extreme turn-off to hm as a person.  He is so bad I don't think any amount of "looking better if matched with someone who liked him" would change that very much if at all! 

Funny enough I thought the same thing - on his wedding I thought she hit the jackpot. He seemed good-looking, kind, well-mannered. Now I don't find him attractive anymore, but I still think she should talk openly to him instead of torturing him. There's nothing he can do to live up to her expectations at this point. They're simply a bad match. He's too young and would have been better off with some young traditional 23-year-old. With Danielle, I'm not sure any of the MAFS guys would have made her happy. Cannot see her with Jason, Doug, Neil, Tres, David, Tom, Derek, etc. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, princelina said:

Haha I just can't believe they can't find male fame whores in their 30s! I guess the struggle is real :)

My guess is that mb 30 they have so much baggage...baby mommas and kids...they are out of the running.  The successful, well polished ones are long gone.

2 minutes ago, Agnetha said:

Funny enough I thought the same thing - on his wedding I thought she hit the jackpot. He seemed good-looking, kind, well-mannered. Now I don't find him attractive anymore, but I still think she should talk openly to him instead of torturing him. There's nothing he can do to live up to her expectations at this point. They're simply a bad match. He's too young and would have been better off with some young traditional 23-year-old. With Danielle, I'm not sure any of the MAFS guys would have made her happy. Cannot see her with Jason, Doug, Neil, Tres, David, Tom, Derek, etc. 

I wonder why she hasn't found 'love on her own'?  She's pretty, well put together and has a great job.  Does she act like this with all men?  Has she been around the block too many times?  What's her problem that she's 30 and single and still looking for love?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Agnetha said:

It's interesting that you mention Danielle talking to him because in one of their exchanges I felt that there was a break in the filming shortly after he asked her if there was a part of her that didn't really want to be married to him.  I know there must have been more to the conversation and pretty deep stuff too because of how it started out.  They just didn't let us see it.  I often wonder if a lot of the "real" conversation is edited out and they only let us see a very small part of it, often misleading.  I don't think we know enough about Danielle to judge whether she would be happy with anyone else.  She hasn't convinced me that she's so difficult to please, but again, all of the women who don't like the men on this show get that said about them a lot.  Geesh, Ashley really LIKES Anthony and she's regularly called "hard to please".  I just don't think it could possibly be true that so many women on this show are so impossibly hard to please!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

My guess is that mb 30 they have so much baggage...baby mommas and kids...they are out of the running.  The successful, well polished ones are long gone.

A lot of them, yes. But there are many in their thirties with no baggage, usually the ones that focused on (often international) careers instead of settling down. But again, these guys don't have a reason to go on this show. Any successful and decent looking male in his thirties could have his pick out of young, smart, beautiful women who want committment. I was on eHarmony myself, they have some really high quality men (hate this word, but if you catch my drift...). Why go on this show and trust these 'experts' when you can choose yourself and probably much better at that?

2 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

It's interesting that you mention Danielle talking to him because in one of their exchanges I felt that there was a break in the filming shortly after he asked her if there was a part of her that didn't really want to be married to him.  I know there must have been more to the conversation and pretty deep stuff too because of how it started out.  They just didn't let us see it.  I often wonder if a lot of the "real" conversation is edited out and they only let us see a very small part of it, often misleading.  I don't think we know enough about Danielle to judge whether she would be happy with anyone else.  She hasn't convinced me that she's so difficult to please, but again, all of the women who don't like the men on this show get that said about them a lot.  Geesh, Ashley really LIKES Anthony and she's regularly called "hard to please".  I just don't think it could possibly be true that so many women on this show are so impossibly hard to please!

He mentioned it in the article. He had told her the night before how much she meant to him and she had reacted with a joke. 

I don't have any issues with Ashley. I actually think she's super easy to please. She got a man who makes less than her, isn't attractive, isn't physically fit and isn't super groomed and she's still happy. All he has to do is give her a bit of verbal reassurance, and that's not an outlandish request but rather normal in a marriage. If the gender roles were reversed (male much more attractive than the female), the male would have never been so easy to please as Ashley. Dude is really outkicking his coverage.

• Love 7

I think Anthony must be very good in bed.  That's his draw making less than her, isn't particularly attractive and isn't physically fit or groomed.  But he's a nice guy and almost seems her senior in verbal exchanges. 

BTW does Ashley work for her father and that's why she makes the big bucks?  A bar manager???  What kind of establishment is this..if anybody happens to know.  Is it a high class restaurant or just a corner bar?

• Love 2

Something is off with the whole D/C situation.  I think Cody checked out on the honeymoon and is playing along until the show's over. 

Every guy my age working at a gym (in Cody's case owning) has his pick of women.  It's the one perk of a lower-paying job.  So, why go on this show knowing that women like my darling Ashley aren't the norm?  Most of the time, you're stuck with Sam.  Maybe he's trying to promote the gym, but they haven't showed it and barely mention it.  Maybe he knows that getting on TV is a ton of publicity and playing a nice guy (with the vocal fry of a teenage girl) will win him plenty of interested women after the show ends.  Who knows...

In any real-world scenario, the setup would go like this:

Cody (a not-ripped gym owner): Hi.

Danielle "I am Groot" Degroot (a dietitian):  Hi, I'm Danielle, I'm 30 but look 43.  Apparently, having a working knowledge of healthy foods is bad for my skin.  I'm a pushy woman looking for a manly man so I can complain that he's being too patriarchal.  That dynamic keeps me single and well on my way to being a cat-lady...except it's an uncontrollable dog-lady in my case.  Also, I'm completely unaware of how the impossible standards I've set up contribute to my loneliness.  Please date me so I can complain about you to my friends.

Cody: No, sorry, I was talking to the girl behind you.

Cody talks to the younger girl behind Danielle and Danielle tells her friends that the gym owner was hitting on her today but he's too nice so she's not interested.  Aaaand, scene.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Anthony must be very good in bed.  That's his draw making less than her, isn't particularly attractive and isn't physically fit or groomed.  But he's a nice guy and almost seems her senior in verbal exchanges. 

BTW does Ashley work for her father and that's why she makes the big bucks?  A bar manager???  What kind of establishment is this..if anybody happens to know.  Is it a high class restaurant or just a corner bar?

They say a "family-owned" bar so I assume they mean her family.  They showed it in the first episode, it's a bar and grill.  Interestingly, she was originally called the bookkeeper instead of manager.  And, yes, she probably makes at least twice what she could anywhere else.  Kinda makes her claims of taking care of herself a bit delusional. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Lord, have mercy!! So the only reason Ashley would put up with Anthony was because of the sex?  All the good men are taken by 30? 

Maybe it's only in larger cities, but people do tend to get married later.  Not all of us are hankering to get married at 25.  We have careers, we have things we want to do, places we want to go before we batten down the hatches. I know a number of amazing men and women who are in their 30s(and beyond) who are single. Coming from NYC, dating can be a bit of a battlefield.  By the time you get to a certain age, you are less likely to settle.

Having dated until my hair hurt( a la charlotte in SATC), it's not always the 'attractive', 'fit', whatever guy who will be the person you click with the most.  At the end of the day, someone who listens to you, respects you, and who you can be yourself with is much more attractive than some dude who has ripped abs and can operate a power drill.  At least for me.   I must say though, that not being able to operate a drill would have me giving some major side eye.  I also don't find Ashley that gorgeous.  She's thin and blond. Meh

Edited by roseslg
blond and blind are not the same thing.
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I also don't find Ashley that gorgeous.  She's thin and blind. Meh

How DARE you! 

Also, she isn't that thin.  She's not obese like some of the women in previous seasons.  For a guy who's pretty tough on the women of MAFS, it's odd that I'd like a woman like Ashey given her body type.

2 hours ago, Agnetha said:

Mic drop.

• Love 2