Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

Message added by Meredith Quill

Advisory: This topic is for S8 Spoilers & Spec. If your post predominantly concerns book comparisons or a character's past season actions it will be removed. 

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, shireenbamfatheon said:

Oh I don't know how I missed that, though it's going to be a bit difficult to betray the Starks without betraying Dany given their alliance.

I think this is a tricky thing, where whatever Tyrion does could reflect badly on Dany because she cant completely escape his actions - actions he could even do in her name if he thinks they would help her win the crown. 

I mentioned Tyrion trying to consummate with Sansa, since whomever marries her has the North, thus securing it for Dany. Which is heinous but exactly what the Boltons did. He could also purposefully let the resistent Northern Lords become zombies by not letting them back into Winterfell during the battle, thinking it would help Dany win the North that way. Another possibility is agreeing to give Sansa to Cersei as the shadier part of the wight hunt deal. In addition Tyrion could be angry that Jon has stolen Dany's claim, so he may feel like he has to take revenge on the Starks for ruining all his plans, and angry at Dany for letting her emotions inflame the situation. Like I said, I dont think this is just friendzoned Tyrion. It has to have a political element since Tyrion is a political animal. He's also a serial misogynist in the books with way too many rape references and incidents which is why my fear about him with Sansa is always in the back of my mind. 

Anyway, I think Dany could feel screwed over in some way and will lash out at Tyrion for making it worse by betraying the Starks for her by trying to help her win. In the end he may return back to his extremely bitter self where he thinks all rulers are shit.

When his fortune was read in Dance he was described as casting a big shadow but also snarling (angry) in the midst of oppositional dragons...old/young, true/false, bright/dark. Most people had no idea Jon would be the true dragon because it was uncertain if R/L married or not. But since they did, Dany and fAegon could be the false ones, and Tyrion could cast a big shadow on this major plot point.

Edited by Colorful Mess
1 hour ago, Colorful Mess said:

Most people had no idea Jon would be the true dragon because it was uncertain if R/L married or not. But since they did, Dany and fAegon could be the false ones, and Tyrion could cast a big shadow on this major plot point.

Wait, how is Daenerys Targaryen, the Targaryen with the actual dragons, a false dragon?  

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, anamika said:

Wait, how is Daenerys Targaryen, the Targaryen with the actual dragons, a false dragon?  

The foundation her claim depends on is false, which is tied to her identity as the person who was born to rule Westeros - but thats Jon according to past events. She could be true as well, depending on the context, obviously. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, anamika said:

Well not a sure thing, but I was watching S-5-2 and comparing it with 7-5; we have a parallel between Jon and Danny' Danny goes to pet Drogon, he sniffs her hands and flies off without letting her touch him, in 7-5 we get the same thing with Jon, but Drogon lets Jon pet him and is quite happy about it, Danny is surprised and confused.

GRRM said a rider doesn't necessarily have to be a Targaeryn,maybe Danny is also FAegon.

I'm just spit balling here BTW.

13 hours ago, SeanC said:

She wouldn't be filming in the Dragonpit if she wasn't actually there.  The show doesn't do visions as part of a real-world scene, etc.  If she's in the scene, she's alive at that point.

We don't really know that any longer, to be honest. D & D said they weren't going to use dreams and visions either, but they did.

So we could see the continuation of that scene as a past history from the story teller.

What if the last WTF moment was Sansa's death because of what Tyrion did, something he or we didn't expect.

OKay folks more Frickydoc maybe:

My POPCORN will be ready.
Edited by GrailKing
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:51 PM, SimoneS said:

If Boatsexbaby's info above is correct, is there really time for a trial for Tyrion? I am struggling to believe that Martin went so far off the ending of his original outline where he identified the five main characters (Dany, Jon, Arya, Bran, and Tyrion) that will survive. 

If a trial happens, it's not likely to be a prolonged affair. If I understand it correctly, the surviving Starks (whoever they turn out to be) will have already lost Winterfell; the other surviving characters would likely have sustained similar losses. No one will be in the mood for long testimonial grandstanding and lawyering. It will be a drumhead court near a battlefield and all those angry bereaved people will want to make things short and to the point.

If Tyrion finds out that one of the Targaryens would have to sacrifice themself to kill the NK, and deliberately conceals this info from Dany, telling Jon only to induce Jon to be the one to sacrifice himself to enable Dany to survive and triumph, that would be a betrayal of Dany. If Dany finds out about it, Tyrion can sincerely say in his defense that he was only doing what was best for his queen and the survival of her dynasty (as Dany will no doubt be pregnant). Dany, however, will be in no mood to cut him slack. She can point out that he had no right to interfere in a decision that belonged to her and Jon only to decide between them, and that Tyrion's own ambitions probably influenced his deceptions, and order him executed. The Starks, still smarting at the loss of Jon, would go along with it. It would still look somewhat unfair to Tyrion, so that may be why Emilia felt that Dany's actions in the finale might be considered dark.

I’ll wait until Frikidoctor actually puts something out himself before I give the leaks any sort of credibility. I’m not sure Frikidoctor’s info is legit but I do believe he believes it is and given his track record it’s more likely than other leaks to be true. 

I cannot imagine any scenario where Tyrion betraying Dany or Jon for Cersei makes any sense. Tyrion and Cersei hate each other. They have always hated each other and Tyrion has good reason to hate Cersei. I could believe Tyrion working with Cersei to betray Dany and/or Jon either to rid Dany and himself of a political rival, or rid himself of a romantic rival, or to exact revenge on Dany for rejecting him (although it’s still pretty unbelievable for Show Tyrion) but to betray them for Cersei makes absolutely no sense. I swear, if this happens then that means both Jaime and Tyrion’s characters will have been assasinated for Cersei. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, nikma said:

BoatsexBaby said it was Night King who burns KL, not Dany.

Yes, BoatsecBaby was quoted writing this as well: "Episode 6 is the epic finale of the Great War and the ‘dream of spring’ epilogue. The Dragonpit sequence is not in the epilogue, so yes, it is in the first part of Episode 6 which is the epic finale of the Great War / KL battle."

So, BSB claims that the NK burns KL (the burning part of that seems to be confirmed by filming news) and that "the" Dragonpit scene takes place early on in E6, as the epic finale of the Great War.

If this leak is reliable, this would mean that the NK and at least some of his army and/or his dragon are attacking KL. The Dragonpit is right outside KL, and thus quite possibly swarming with Wights and WW. This makes it rather unlikely that the Starks and/or Dany would be in a position to hold a trial for Tyrion there. People like Sansa and Sam would be kept away from the battle, as far as possible. Maybe some reason could be thought off, though. Would Dany and Jon be that strong compared to the NK, at that point, that they could make a base at the dragonpit that is safe for their non-combattants?

Unless someone offers a credible explanation, it seems to me that those particular claims from Boatsexbaby at least appear to clash with the leak from Friki.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wouter said:

Yes, BoatsecBaby was quoted writing this as well: "Episode 6 is the epic finale of the Great War and the ‘dream of spring’ epilogue. The Dragonpit sequence is not in the epilogue, so yes, it is in the first part of Episode 6 which is the epic finale of the Great War / KL battle."

So, BSB claims that the NK burns KL (the burning part of that seems to be confirmed by filming news) and that "the" Dragonpit scene takes place early on in E6, as the epic finale of the Great War.

If this leak is reliable, this would mean that the NK and at least some of his army and/or his dragon are attacking KL. The Dragonpit is right outside KL, and thus quite possibly swarming with Wights and WW. This makes it rather unlikely that the Starks and/or Dany would be in a position to hold a trial for Tyrion there. People like Sansa and Sam would be kept away from the battle, as far as possible. Maybe some reason could be thought off, though. Would Dany and Jon be that strong compared to the NK, at that point, that they could make a base at the dragonpit that is safe for their non-combattants?

Unless someone offers a credible explanation, it seems to me that those particular claims from Boatsexbaby at least appear to clash with the leak from Friki.

Damn, they must really be bored if they have enough time to hold a trial while an army of undead is approaching. 

I'm more inclined to believe a leak that involves an outdoor set, with actual actors and extras, than any CGI sequences or closed sets. Burning KL would require a lot of VFX, so I doubt any claims about the final battle on dragons or who burns KL. Unless people are getting their info directly from someone inside the VFX team, which I doubt it because that would be a lads-level leak.

Boatsexbaby looked at a picture of the outdoor set and concluded that the NK was arriving to KL because it looked like steam was rising. But how did she know it's not smoke? Was she there to test its chemical properties? To me this just sounds like #reaching.

17 minutes ago, Wouter said:

I disagree. D&D don't care about logistics. We don't know where Dragonpit is. It can be where they want, where plot demands. I see Dragonpit as "safe space" for those characters that won't fight. WW could be on a completely oposite side of the city.

3 minutes ago, Colorful Mess said:

Boatsexbaby looked at a picture of the outdoor set and concluded that the NK was arriving to KL because it looked like steam was rising

She never said that and she never said from whom she got leaks. She said she was told about those things, just like Friki. Who told them? We don't know 

Edited by nikma
Just now, nikma said:

I disagree. D&D don't care about logistics. We don't know where Dragonpit is. It can be where they want, where plot demands. I see Dragonpit as "safe space" for those characters that won't fight. WW could be on a completely oposite side of the city.

She never said that and she never said from whom she got leaks. She said she was told about those things, just like Friki. Who told them? We don't know.

Would be very stupid to put people in an open space like that when the enemy has a dragon that can swoop in anywhere and blast fire. If they were underground then that'd be different.

• Love 1
Just now, WindyNights said:

Would be very stupid to put people in an open space like that when the enemy has a dragon that can swoop in anywhere and blast fire. If they were underground then that'd be different.

Well they have to put them somewhere and Dragonpit looks nice and it already became iconic location. And they would want iconic location for Tyrion's death.

4 minutes ago, nikma said:

At the very least, it is within easy reach of Viserion if the NK has arrived with his dragon at/near KL. And the usual MO of the NK is to surround the enemy camp/stronghold and to attack it from all sides.

Sure, D&D can do anything but it would be an odd choice if both sets of spoilers are correct. It is more likely that at least one set is not entirely correct (going by reputation, Friki is very likely sincere at least).

5 minutes ago, nikma said:

She never said that and she never said from whom she got leaks. She said she was told about those things, just like Friki. Who told them? We don't know.

I'm talking about the very last sentence of this post - which includes her interpretation of this image: "Now for this last pic – It was clicked on June 28th. The dome is burnt and there is white fog rising from inside the city. Hardhome intensifies. NK/AoTD, welcome to King's Landing!" Even she calls this "circumstantial evidence" to cover what seems to be her own speculation. Again, how does she know that this is supposed to be "fog" (Night King) and not "smoke?"

4 minutes ago, Wouter said:

all sides.

Sure, D&D can do anything but it would be an odd choice if both sets of spoilers are correct

It's not odd if you think about the visual aspect, which is very important on TV. Where would you kill Tyrion?

1 minute ago, nikma said:

It's not odd if you think about the visual aspect, which is very important on TV. Where would you kill Tyrion?

At the Dragonpit is fine, but after the NK has been defeated.

If part of KL is still standing, he could be executed there, too (like Ned...). Or on a Dragonstone beach, at the ruins of Winterfell (or even parts that may still be standing),...

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Colorful Mess said:

I'm talking about the very last sentence of this post - which includes her interpretation of this image: "Now for this last pic – It was clicked on June 28th. The dome is burnt and there is white fog rising from inside the city. Hardhome intensifies. NK/AoTD, welcome to King's Landing!" Even she calls this "circumstantial evidence" to cover what seems to be her own speculation. Again, how does she know that this is supposed to be "fog" (Night King) and not "smoke?"

She made big post about S8 spoilers, where she said that info about NK attacking KL, about WW's motivation, Dany's baby and Cersei attacking WF before AOTD. And Friki said he heard nothing that contradicts BSB leaks. So far.

3 minutes ago, Wouter said:

the Dragonpit is fine, but after the NK has been defeated.

we know nothing about E6 to conclude that Tyrion's death before NK's makes no sense or that this means BSB and Friki are contradicting each other.

I think the oposite is true. Several months ago BSB said that her source told her that scene in Dragopit will blow everyones mindes and Friki just confirmed that.

Edited by nikma
14 minutes ago, Wouter said:

At the Dragonpit is fine, but after the NK has been defeated.

If part of KL is still standing, he could be executed there, too (like Ned...). Or on a Dragonstone beach, at the ruins of Winterfell (or even parts that may still be standing),...

Too bad no weirwood trees in KL.

16 minutes ago, nikma said:

She made big post about S8 spoilers, where she said that info about NK attacking KL, about WW's motivation, Dany's baby and Cersei attacking WF before AOTD. And Friki said he heard nothing that contradicts BSB leaks. So far.

The stuff she's pointing out would have to include full completed VFX scenes or someone high up enough in the HBO chain of command to tell her the complete arcs of the main character's stories, from beginning of the season to the end. I'm side-eying all if it. I think she may have some info but she's filling it in with her own wishes/hopes - or the leaker she got the info from may even be doing that. 

7 minutes ago, Colorful Mess said:

he stuff she's pointing out would have to include full completed VFX scenes or someone high up enough in the HBO chain of command

BSB doesn't know complete arcs. She knows some elements of the plot. But it's not like that never happened before. And Friki also has someone that high in ranks to give him leaks. Sue had as well in S6. She knew Rickon's death for example. Luka Nieto knew a lot in S6 and S7, from Sue.

There were leaks for Star Wars as well. These things happen. How? I don't know.

Edited by nikma

BSB said the dragon pit scene was not part of the epilogue so it is in the first half of the episode. Perhaps the trial and Tyrion’s death happen shortly after they win the war with the dead but before the epilogue. The epilogue could include a short time jump and the trial could happen before that. BSB and Friki don’t necessarily contradict each other. 

• Love 3

Excuse me if any of this has already been said, I may have missed it over trying to catch up on two weeks worth of posts in an hour.....

TBH, I have a hard time believing any 'leak' that comes out as we have known the TPTB to intentionally film alternate versions of scenes, leak false spoilers, and set up fake photo shoots in an attempt to thwart real leaks.  

That being said, I think I agree that IF Tyrion does betray Dany or Jon its likely, IMO, that it wouldn't necessarily be all out of love but out of fear of what kind of ruler Dany will become, and in a way out of love because he he doesn't want to see someone he loves go down the path that could lead her to be like her father.  Maybe he feels that the best chance for Westros is for him to be able to be King Regent or King to whomever would sit on the throne. I could see that going two ways.

1) Being he swore to Cersei that he would raise her child if she died.  So his plan is to someone design an ending where his sister and Dany die, or leaves and leaves him to be King Regent to his niece or nephew in the hopes of raising a child that is better than the rulers that Westros previously had, and intending for that person to marry well and break the cycle of incest.  Which this fails, and he ends up on trail for treason when it is outed that he made a deal with Cersei.

2)He doesn't betray Dany, but Jon.  After he finds out that Jon is actually a Targaryen, and actual rightful air to the throne(as he is the legitimate son of Rheagar who was 1st in line for the throne after his father), he decides to out Jon as being a Targaryen.  Tyrion's thought process is that, if Jon and Dany marry and produce a child then it would just be propetuating the cycle of incest that is running rampet as well as puts him further from doing what he thinks would be best. So he leaks that Jon is actually a legitimate targaryen, hoping that the people will revolt about Dany and Jon marrying allowing him to suggest that Dany marry him instead.  Then when the Starks find out that Tyrion leaked this information.  Jon doesn't believe that Tyrion should die for the betrayal so he and Dany agree to let the other Starks decide his fate.

Honestly, I think it that if it is leaked this early, I'm leaning more towards it being a intentional leak.  My mind wonders if it might be a bait and switch.  IF this leak appears to be legit, when we all sit down to watch the ending, all firmly finally accepting that Tyrion betrayed them and will die; only to find out that it's a set up.

My two possible theories are: 

1) that the 'treason' is a trapt for Cersei, and that Tyrion pretends to commit treason to lure out Cersei.  Unless I missed a spoiler, I think the greater working theory is that Cersei would out live the NK and the last episode or two would be to deal with her.

2) The other is that someone else is really the traitor and dies, but we will go into that last moment thinking it is Tyrion (just like they did with LF) only to find out the traitor is someone else.  Personally, my guess would be Sansa.  She's held no punches in being quite open about her last of faith in Jon as their leader and his choices.  She has also coveted to be Queen, or Lady in charge in some fashion all her life.  She sees it as her birthright, what she deserves after all her suffering too.  I can totally believe that she would out Jon as a Targaryen in order to say he has no claim as King of the North because he is not a Stark, at least not a son of Ned Stark.  I could believe that betrayal far easier than I could believe Tyrion.  

After all (Yes I know that we believe that GRRM may be deviating from his book ending), originally Tyrion was supposed to live, and Sansa was supposed to die right?

6 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

After all (Yes I know that we believe that GRRM may be deviating from his book ending), originally Tyrion was supposed to live, and Sansa was supposed to die righ

Die, not sure, but she was to pay the price for betraying her family; she was also supposed to have Joffrey's son. Also, in the first outline, "Jaime" as we know him didn't exist, and Cersei wasn't at all; the roles have been redistributed from two to three main Lannisters siblings IIRC. It muddles the waters a bit.

Your reasoning about the leaks being intentional makes sense. It's one of the reasons why I will really believe it when I see it. That said, I don't think HBO will react this season even if the leaks are true. Last season, when they reacted to true leaks whereas they had ignored speculation, they only confirmed them. I don't think they'll make the same mistake again. They muddled the waters a lot through a couple of fleakers -I believe most of the others were spurred by their own need for attention.

However, I still don't get the paranoia. The first five seasons were 90% "leaked" by the books. If anyone wanted to know about the biggest twists, Ned, Red Wedding, For the Watch etc, they just had to go to Wikipedia. The last two were leaked by insiders and most media outlets made transparent allusions; you had to live under a rock not to know the whose season's plot had been revealed and people had more trouble not been spoiled inadvertently. It never prevented the show's audience from growing exponentially, including for actual episodes that were leaked a few days before they officially aired.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

TBH, I have a hard time believing any 'leak' that comes out as we have known the TPTB to intentionally film alternate versions of scenes, leak false spoilers, and set up fake photo shoots in an attempt to thwart real leaks.  

No, they haven't.  They've occasionally claimed to have done that, but they've never filmed fake scenes, etc.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, SeanC said:

No, they haven't.  They've occasionally claimed to have done that, but they've never filmed fake scenes, etc.

Yeah, IIRC they lied about filming fake scenes and things like that. They never did it. It would be a huge expense to add to a show that's already hugely expensive. I do think its admirable that they wrapped filming this year with no major video or image leaks. The nondisclosure agreements for the extras must have been terrifying.

I imagine we will get real leaks as the season draws closer, things like what happened last year, people accidentally releasing stuff. The more people have their fingers on it, the more likely it is to leak.

As for GRRM's original outline...both the show and the books have so deviated from it that I'm not even sure it's that relevant anymore. The character of Arya in that timeline was essentially split into two characters, Arya and Sansa. Arya was supposed to have romantic feelings for Jon. And so on. The other reason it's not relevant is because I don't think we'll ever get an ending from GRRM himself. However the show ends, it may not match his vision for the ending.

• Love 1

While I was wrong about the content of the scene, I think I was right about the Dragonpit scene being postwar, since I doubt Sansa and company would be bothering with a trial while the NK and the AOTD have yet to be defeated.

...Of course, if one of the OG5 can be killed, that means all bets are off for the remaining four, but if Arya and Bran attend Tyrion’s trial, I’m guessing they’re safe.

ETA: Just saw that /BoatsexBaby said that the Dragonpit scene is not from the epilogue. Seems like a weird time to hold a trial.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

While I was wrong about the content of the scene, I think I was right about the Dragonpit scene being postwar, since I doubt Sansa and company would be bothering with a trial while the NK and the AOTD have yet to be defeated.

...Of course, if one of the OG5 can be killed, that means all bets are off for the remaining four, but if Arya and Bran attend Tyrion’s trial, I’m guessing they’re safe.

ETA: Just saw that /BoatsexBaby said that the Dragonpit scene is not from the epilogue. Seems like a weird time to hold a trial.

Depends what you call the epilogue. I'd guess what 'epilogue' means is a jump forward in time to see what's become of our surviving protagonists in the spring. It would be reasonable to hold the trial before that jump forward of months (or possibly years).

I agree that it would make the most sense to have Tyrion's trial after the AOTD have been defeated, but...D&D and sense don't always go together lol.  Although I thought there was some suggestion that they were using fake or CGI snow for the DP scene. which may indicate it was before the NK is defeated and winter ends etc.?

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, bubble sparkly said:

I agree that it would make the most sense to have Tyrion's trial after the AOTD have been defeated, but...D&D and sense don't always go together lol.  Although I thought there was some suggestion that they were using fake or CGI snow for the DP scene. which may indicate it was before the NK is defeated and winter ends etc.?

Maybe Tyrion’s trial is the last thing that happens before the time jump. /BoatsexBaby seems skeptical about whether the Dragonpit scene is his trial, though.

According to jvlealc who listened to Friki's video, Tyrion's betrayal reveal, trial, execution all take place at the Dragonpit but the scene was filmed in Belfast. The scene is intercut with montages according to Friki.

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Maybe Tyrion’s trial is the last thing that happens before the time jump. /BoatsexBaby seems skeptical about whether the Dragonpit scene is his trial, though.

What gives you that impression (about BSB being skeptical)?

Friki

(when someone asked if he is sure about Tyrion spoiler) :

I’m really sure. In fact, I will release a video with much more details soon... By the way, I have not watched Jag’s video, but I can tell you that I have not talked to him, nor have I have released any info about how I know this stuff. So the part about me knowing this or that from different people is pure speculation.

1 hour ago, Wouter said:

What gives you that impression (about BSB being skeptical)?

Haha! Bittersweet. Even if I knew with 100% certainty (which I don't) that the dragonpit sequence is not Tyrion's trial, I wouldn't say a word. That is how much fun I am having right now.

When asked whether there was a chance the leak isn't true:

Haha! I didn't say that. I don't have confirmation on the dragonpit sequence.

And then, later on in the same thread:

We just have to wait and watch. The only confirmation that I have on the dragonpit sequence is that it's in the first half of E6 as part of the epic finale of the Great War/KL battle and not in the 'dream of spring' epilogue.

One of the VFX guys said "We can't tell you in which episode Tyrion dies...or doesn't" at the Creative Arts Emmys. Video here.

Edited by Eyes High

That doesn't sound  skeptical at all. She just doesn't know. I asked her in private message. 

This is what she told me when I asked her did she know about Tyrion's death:

No. I have no confirmation on the Dragonpit scene. Just that the sequence will 'blow everyone's mind'. That was a direct quote.

7 minutes ago, nikma said:

That doesn't sound  skeptical at all. She just doesn't know. I asked her in private message. 

This is what she told me when I asked her did she know about Tyrion's death:

"Confirmation" is not the same thing as "information."

13 minutes ago, nikma said:

Whatever. Believe want you want to. She doesn't think that Friki's leaks are fake. And even if she did, Friki is legend among leakers. 

For information obtained just before the season in question aired, which he probably got from translators (none of whom would have access to episodes this early). Friki has never obtained accurate leaks this far in advance of the season. His previous accurate leaks were only obtained just as the season starts, not six months or more in advance. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't got the goods this time, but whoever his possible source is, it isn't whoever previously fed him information. His source is someone new, and it's therefore a fallacy to say "Friki's information has always been credible, therefore this information must be credible as well," because the source couldn't possibly be the same.

Edited by Eyes High
11 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

which he probably got from translators

He said that's not true. 

Friki has never obtained accurate leaks this far in advance of the season

And off season never lasted this long. If he says it's spoiler, than it is. There is no reason not to trust him

His source is someone new

We don't know that. He said he belives in this spoiler just like he believed in the past, whic probably means he has the same source. 

40 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

One of the VFX guys said "We can't tell you in which episode Tyrion dies...or doesn't" at the Creative Arts Emmys. Video here.

And this even more confirmes Friki IMO. 

Edited by nikma
23 minutes ago, nikma said:

He said that's not true. 

And off season never lasted this long. If he says it's spoiler, than it is. There is no reason not to trust him

We don't know that. He said he belives in this spoiler just like he believed in the past, whic probably means he has the same source. 

Lot of ways to read that. I've seen it lead people to make the opposite conclusion that someone is feeding Friki false info.

33 minutes ago, nikma said:

It makes me doubt. I'd say it confirms they watch YT GoT videos or read freefolk.

I don't see how there would be a snowball's chance in hell that they would mention a such a big spoiler, even as a joke, at a public event like the Emmys. Unless, of course, the guy doesn't know Tyrion might actually die.

IIRC, even if Maisie and a couple of others implicitly confirmed the leaks last year before/when the season aired, they never mentioned what was in them. Just expressed their disapproval.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1