Type keyword(s) to search

Outcome Measure: Residential Media

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, the reason for her at least not appearing as much in season 4 was mostly due to her MCU role as Sharon Carter. And I imagine that's part of the reason for her leaving The Resident, amongst other reasons we probably won't find out.

It’s too bad the MCU had to retcon Sharon as a villain and give her as big a role as she did in the comics. She was supposed to be the lead in CATWS but the Russos threw her under the bus to give ScarJo more screen time. And I still believe they threw EVC/Sharon Carter under the bus just because of the trolls that went ballistic over her kissing Steve Rogers. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

.  I just don't want Conrad and Billie to get together

I could absolutely see that happening down the line.

Having said that I don’t see the show lasting past this season. It was already on the bubble and has been getting worse with each season.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

Having said that I don’t see the show lasting past this season. It was already on the bubble and has been getting worse with each season.

I would be fine if they ended on this season. I don't think there's much more they can do, and five seasons is actually a really solid run. But with them losing two of the main actresses, I think it would be just fine for them to bow out. 

• Love 3

I hope they just have Nic offscreen the entire season. Also, do it incredibly awkwardly, like

Devon visits Conrad's house

Devon: "Hey, where's NIc?"

Conrad: "oh she's in the kitchen, see, she's waving to you!"

Devon: "Why isn't she saying hi?"

Conrad: "she's in the kitchen"

Edited by bros402
  • LOL 10

I hate myself for getting attached to fictional characters/couples. There’s no way this ends well or in a way I’ll be ok with.

Happy for EVC and her family. They deserve this time.

I wish part of the decision was because of the MCU but I’m more likely to find a pot of gold, look cute like a unicorn, and you get what I mean.

First Mina and now Nic. It’s just wrong. Really wrong.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 8/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, Crashcourse said:

This is going to be a sad outcome no matter how they play it--her and Conrad splitting up after all they've been through, or being killed off.  I just don't want Conrad and Billie to get together.  

I could see them doing something like Grey's did with April. Where Nic is working some where else and so isn't at Chastain anymore. Conrad could just mention her every once in a while.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Emily Thrace said:

I could see them doing something like Grey's did with April. Where Nic is working some where else and so isn't at Chastain anymore. Conrad could just mention her every once in a while.

I hope that's what happens.  

• Love 4
On 8/31/2021 at 6:37 PM, Emily Thrace said:

I hope that's what they do, but they will probably want to give Conrad a love interest and someone to have personal dramatic scenes with.

• Love 1

From that article:

— to be specific, “three years and change,” as co-showrunner Peter Elkoff confirms to TVLine. 

I am stuck on "and change." This episode took place on Halloween and in the jump forward it is clearly Halloween. That seems like it must be exactly three years.

Boo. There were plots developing that I wanted to see. It feels like a cheap way to make Conrad free to have a relationship with the new ER doc but I wanted to see the current characters develop, particularly Bell and Kit. In a 3 year time jump, they'll either be fixed together or broken up and moved on.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Boo. There were plots developing that I wanted to see. It feels like a cheap way to make Conrad free to have a relationship with the new ER doc but I wanted to see the current characters develop, particularly Bell and Kit. In a 3 year time jump, they'll either be fixed together or broken up and moved on.

I have no problem with the time jump and understand why it had to be done. When the actress who played Nic left the show, it left Conrad mourning and taking care of an infant. IOW, how many times do we have to see him taking the kid to daycare? Having him tied down in that sense would become boring. By aging the child, Conrad gets to interact his daughter, and show can write about their relationship, growing up, etc.

I have friends who still watch the show and are trying to keep me watching it. I said I’ll wait for the season to play out but I’m leaning heavily no. The latest round of answers from the producer is only solidifying my stance. The time jump is basically an admission that they’ve run out of ideas. He’s saying it’s like hitting the reset so they can do whatever. Gross. Then has the gall to say people want soap and they need to give people that soap. One of the charms of the show was that they didn’t do soap for the most part. EVC leaving shouldn’t have changed that. 

• Love 2
On 10/19/2021 at 11:19 PM, KaveDweller said:

I am stuck on "and change." This episode took place on Halloween and in the jump forward it is clearly Halloween. That seems like it must be exactly three years.

The jump we saw at the end of the episode was Halloween three years later, but when the show picks back up in the next episode, we may be well past that by a few months or so.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

The jump we saw at the end of the episode was Halloween three years later, but when the show picks back up in the next episode, we may be well past that by a few months or so.

Ah, ok, that makes sense.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:52 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

The Resident Boss Hints at Conrad's New Love Life: 'He Will End Up With Somebody' Before Season 5 Is Over

“[Conrad and Nic] were such a beloved couple, and she was arguably the love of this character’s life,” Elkoff shares. “He will end up with somebody, but not until we get closer to the end of the season.”

So, will it be Cade or Billie?

I just wonder why is it so imperative that Conrad have a new love interest by the end of the season. Yes, in the show's timeline, it will be over 3 years later. But to viewers, we would have only just said good-bye to Nic early in this season. Why the rush to pair him with somebody new? It couldn't wait until the middle of next season? There's a lot of things that can be explored about him being a single dad, which wouldn't involve him constantly grieving for Nic.

• Love 6

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Ghosts, The Rookie, Superman & Lois, All Rise, The Resident, Wheel of Time and More

Any scoop on The Resident? — Jasmine

When Season 5 resumes, prepare for a “juicy as hell” arc that explores “Billie, her relationship to Trevor, and a really huge thing that comes in between them and will be just enormous,” EP Andrew Chapman divulges. The storyline — which takes place over Episodes 12, 13 and 14 — will “dominate those couple of episodes,” Chapman adds, “and we’ll really get to the bottom of their relationship and how they react to each other.”

Edited by SnazzyDaisy

When the p.r. for Andrew McCarthy came out, it said he was on for the last three episodes of this season with the option to be a regular for next season. If they decided that Cade and Ian are worth keeping, they must have been watching different episodes than I did.

I like Billie but I have zero desire to watch "Billie and her longer for Conrad". If he's fool enough to choose Cade, no loss,

ANDREW CHAPMAN: Emily was game from the start. Because she had to drop out of the show so suddenly at the start of Season 5, she never really got a chance to say goodbye to the crew and cast in Atlanta. She wanted very much to do that.

I missed why she had to drop out suddenly. Why was that?

• Love 2

I think the actress was pregnant and maybe her priorities changed? It was the height of covid. I’m nearly certain it was Family reasons although I also recall not being surprised as I felt her presence in season 3 was reduced significantly.

• Useful 1

Making the choice is for the premiere of next season, and in fact, we have an idea laid out of what exactly it will be, and how we’ll lay it out to the audience. That will be an entirely new idea.”

An entirely new idea? Really? You mean that Conrad will walk up to the table, reject both Cade and Billie and hit on the bartender?-

I'm going to be optimistic and say that the reason they're keeping her is that the show wants Andrew McCarthy and it would be too weird to have Cade's father there and her gone.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

In fact, even though Jones remains mum on the details of Conrad’s love life, she does hint that perhaps the woman Conrad is with in the season premiere might not be the woman he’s with by season’s end.

From that, it sounds like he is going to start with one woman and end with the other.

But if the woman he picks is Cade, I will probably be watching something else. I don't like Padma but she's not a deal-breaker for me watching as Cade is.