Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20/S07: Where Are They Now? Milla & Charity LIVE CHAT Parts 1 & 2

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, fonfereksglen said:

We were supposed to be at a screening of Star Trek II this evening.  Then William Shatner was going to talk to us.  Sadly, it was cancelled last week.  Bummer.

I hope he is okay.  I went to school with someone related to Gene Rodenberry, and he brought one of the scripts from the show to school.  Everyone was so excited to touch it.  Loved the original series so much. 

• Love 5

I'm a bit on the fence when it comes to Charity and her pain. I had the worst pain ever in my life with my hip replacement which I wasn't expecting. It was brutal. On a scale of one to ten, it was 100! Felt like Edward Scissorhands was flexing inside of my right hip and thigh. The surgeon did tell me though that my femur cracked during surgery and they had to seal it with surgical cement, so maybe that's why it hurt so bad. Finally got the correct pain meds (a combo of Dilaudid and a Fentynyl patch). No issues of withdrawal when done with those. BTW, they tried morphine. I hated that stuff and took myself off of it. I would have choked the doctors if they had said my pain wasn't real.

• Love 4

Dr. Now knows all about drug seeking, and claiming a lot more pain than is possible.    Charity really just doesn't give up on Dr. Now does she?   She must have studied at the Steven Assanti School of Pain Management.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wonder if Charity brought the meds with her the she overdosed on?    The way Dr. Now questioned Charly about where the drugs came from, and that they needed to search everything Charity brought with her was one possible source.   Or maybe food delivery services have branched out into  pharmaceuticals too?   Charly seems to claim that Mom brought them in herself.  

I'm glad Charly gets her surgery, but if she goes back to Iowa with her mother, then she'll eat right through the surgery.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Ha.  So now Charity and Charly weigh less than Whitney.

Maybe Whit can hook up with Tony.  Or Gilbert, I'd pay to watch that one.  (Lupe's Gilbert.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wonder if Charity brought the meds with her the she overdosed on?    The way Dr. Now questioned Charly about where the drugs came from, and that they needed to search everything she brought with her was one possible source.   Or maybe food delivery services have branched out into  pharmaceuticals too?   

No.  Her mom admitted to sneaking in the drugs.

6 minutes ago, Wanda said:

When the chyron would say “see more of this incredible journey” my mind went to the movie with the dogs and the cat and I was insulted for them. Those critters didn’t complain once during their journey about being scared and stressed even though they had every reason.

I was just thinking about that book the other day; loved it as a child. Thought about it while watching an episode of Mysteries at the Museum where they featured the true story of a dog that got separated from his family when they were on vacation and trekked 2500 miles across the country to re-join them. Brought tears to my eyes. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I distrust anything Charity says.    So Charly and Charity are both going home with out support after surgery?    

Last time I saw an update, Gilbert took a selfie with Karina, and they must be just friends, because he was supposed to move back to L.A.    Lupe's fiance died, and was in the hospital about January or so also.    Moving home is not a good thing for Dr. Now's patients.  

So what was stopping Charly from doing her GED?    Is Charly staying in Houston?   Or going back to Iowa with her mother?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I would have choked the doctors if they had said my pain wasn't real.

As you should have!

Charity had skin removal surgery which, I presume, having been done by Dr Now, would be incredibly painful because he seems so unbelievably unskilled at it. She had to be in a lot of pain from that. His automatic go to is to tell people they're "not in pain," and they're just begging for pain pills because they're addicts. While they are, in fact, addicts, their pain is entirely real. He needs to be more cognizant of that before passing judgment. 

1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I distrust anything Charity says.    So Charly and Charity are both going home with out support after surgery?    

Yep.  He usually insists someone has support but these two are now supposed to be each other's support. 

Dr. Now rarely believes people when they say they are in more pain than he expects.  Other poundticipants have said that the skin removal is really painful.  Even Dr. Now said prior to the surgery that it would be really painful.  There are options other than opiates they could have tried if their concern was an opiate addiction. Movement, other meds, etc., could have been tried rather than immediately assuming she was drug seeking.  She's got a million issues; that doesn't mean it's okay to ignore her pain. 

• Love 3

DEAR GOD! That scar Charity has from that skin removal surgery is HORRIFIC! There is no way Dr Now should be doing those surgeries. I get that they're free...but they're terrible. He needs to farm that shit out to a plastic surgeon.

(edited)

So Charity's goals are to get her GED, drivers license and a job in the next 10 YEARS!!!!??? A very slooooooowwww moving success story.😒

2 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Charity still looks misshapen. 

Yeah, but at least those butt wings have calmed down.

Night all. As always, this was a blast!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Yep.  He usually insists someone has support but these two are now supposed to be each other's support. 

Dr. Now rarely believes people when they say they are in more pain than he expects.  Other poundticipants have said that the skin removal is really painful.  Even Dr. Now said prior to the surgery that it would be really painful.  There are options other than opiates they could have tried if their concern was an opiate addiction. Movement, other meds, etc., could have been tried rather than immediately assuming she was drug seeking.  She's got a million issues; that doesn't mean it's okay to ignore her pain. 

Though....since she was in the hospital.....there are other doctors and nurses involved.  The swing to less is better in painkillers ignores individual needs.

• Love 3
(edited)

Charity was on pain killers. She was asking for morphine every 3 hours, a week out from surgery. And this wasn’t her first rodeo apparently. It wasn’t just Dr Now ignoring her pain.

Edited by Wanda
In isn’t on
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Charity was on pain killers. She was asking for morphine every 3 hours, a week out from surgery. And this wasn’t her first rodeo apparently. It wasn’t just Dr Now ignoring her pain.

Exactly. That's a high amount of medicine a week post surgery. And he said she did it for the other surgery, too. 

• Love 4