Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, zorak said:

I'm pretty sure he did say that he took off his clothes to deflect suspicion that he took the money in a diary room session of that episode. 

Yep!

4 hours ago, Michichick said:

Yes, Alex is thinking he couldn't have pressed the button because he was taking his clothes off and thus his hands weren't free. Not sure Kevin removed his clothes as a strategy to throw off the others, but if he did then he's smarter than I thought.

Worked!

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I remember Kevin saying something about how he planned to deflect from pushing the button with blaming him sweating and taking off his top in the first episode, so it definitely was a strategy. I think Kevin's smarter than he looks, which makes sense as he's older with more experience. I personally think he's overselling his lies a little too much, but it's clearly working on these houseguests.

IMHO Kevin's greater life experience factors a great deal more than anybody in the House recognizes.  Kevin is undoubtedly playing the shadiest game in the House, but he is universally regarded as the "funny old guy" who is on absolutely nobody's radar. And this despite saying some things which had me going, "Oh come ON now!", but which the HGs accept without question.  I don't even think Kevin's all that particularly good a liar, but the other HGs appear to swallow everything Kevin says hook, line and sinker, without benefit of bait.  

Why the difference in perceptions?  

Well... for starters, the fact that Kevin and I are about the same age might have something to do with it....  ;>

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Isn't she supposed to be a "fitness expert??" What kind of "expert" is she if she can't even restrain herself from making a serious injury worse? Maybe she's not so much an 'expert' as she is an 'obsessive.'I

(a) Fitness expert =/= doctor, and (b) the Type-A physical competition junkies are generally the worst judges of this sort of thing.  Left to their own devices, their immediate response is to start "pushing it" to speed up the strengthening / recovery process the moment they start feeling ANY degree of improvement - which frequently has the opposite effect.  :P

3 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Well, after surgery she will have specific instructions in terms of recuperation. Even though she is an adult, CBS may have liability if she is injured in any competition after surgery. They may have a "physical" rule which says all HGs have to be in "good health" and able to compete fully. Raven may have had to get doctors to sign off on her participation. What doctor will sign off after he performs surgery for Christmas to compete in any physical challenge and if she sits out, the game is compromised.  I can't see her staying in the house after Wednesday. She may need to be hooked up to one of those mobile standing chairs. This may not be her decision because of huge liability factors.  

Depends totally upon the degree of corrective trauma (for lack of a better term) the surgeon has to inflict to fix the damage, and how well Christmas tolerates the surgery.  Re-breakage MAY be required IF the broken bones started healing incorrectly/out of line - but given the bones have only had about a week to start re-knitting, that effort would be minimal.  A co-worker of mine went through similar foot surgery years ago, before arthroscopic surgery was even an option; they had to re-break and re-pin her 2 or 3 times, and after each procedure her post-surgical appliance was nothing more than a walking boot.

3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Raven has said that she's on the 9th setting of her stimulator, and they only go to 15

Sorry, sorry, sorry - I know it's meaner than hell, but I couldn't read this without experiencing a This Is Spinal Tap flashback:  :D

23 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Dom was in a trance and went back to Jesus' Crucifixion, "I was there, says she."   Switched camera to hear Jason talking about taking route 66 to Boston.  

Maybe Dominique was trying to channel the lyrics to Sympathy For the Devil - although I'm pretty sure Route 66 doesn't run past Calvary....  :)

• Love 11
(edited)

It's just awful to have a terminal disease.  For sure!

But, how long does the audience have to be subjected to hearing Raven cry about it? It may sound like I'm heartless. But there is another POV. Many audience members did not sign up to listen to Raven talk about her illness - seemingly non-stop.

Raven? I'm really sorry for your condition. But people who paid for the live feeds expected to get a summer's worth of entertainment - not a summer full of one person crying about their terminal disease.

It must seem heartless for anyone to complain about this. But surely there has to be a limit. I have not said anything about this for ten days. Is it OK for me to stand up now and say, "Enough is Enough"!

Or, do I appear to be a heartless creep for saying anything along these lines?

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Nashville said:

Sorry, sorry, sorry - I know it's meaner than hell, but I couldn't read this without experiencing a This Is Spinal Tap flashback:  :D

Oh thank you for that clip!!  

3 hours ago, Nashville said:

IMHO Kevin's greater life experience factors a great deal more than anybody in the House recognizes.  Kevin is undoubtedly playing the shadiest game in the House, but he is universally regarded as the "funny old guy" who is on absolutely nobody's radar. And this despite saying some things which had me going, "Oh come ON now!", but which the HGs accept without question.  I don't even think Kevin's all that particularly good a liar, but the other HGs appear to swallow everything Kevin says hook, line and sinker, without benefit of bait.  

I agree and I love watching it.  His Boston accent is serving to help him even more.  He has comedic timing and a keen wit which shows in the stories he tells.  I check youtube from time to time hoping they will put up his tale of his daughters having a party (35 attended) and sending him pictures of it on snapchat.  He realized the party was in his house, several pictures in, when he saw his pool table.  And his antics on snapchat that made his daughters block him!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't understand why the slop is such an issue. Last night, Matt nuked a (metal!) bowl of slop and added a slice of cheese to it for extra Have Not rule breaking. Clearly she could just eat regular food with no penalty. I really wish that Big Brother didn't tell them when they broke the rules and when the live show comes around, Julie is all, "Matt, because you broke the Have Not eating rules, you've been given a penalty nomination. And because you continued to break the rule 25 more times, you have 25 penalty votes." It would be absolutely hilarious. But it would never happen. 

I don't understand why Jessica, Cody, and Jason don't just eat whatever they want like Matt is. I would lol for days if they punish him live on Thursday.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

It must seem heartless for anyone to complain about this. But surely there has to be a limit. I have not said anything about this for ten days. Is it OK for me to stand up now and say, "Enough is Enough"!

It's okay. You're among friends. I've bitched about it since about day 3 or 4 of the feeds. Also? I'm pretty sure I have a front window seat on the bus to Hell so if you want, I can save the seat next to me for you. I'll bring the cookies and good booze.

ETA:

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't understand why Jessica, Cody, and Jason don't just eat whatever they want like Matt is. I would lol for days if they punish him live on Thursday.

Also? LOL forever at the fact that Raven (the girl who is sickest in the house and knows about stomach and digestion issues, y'know) recommended Pepto to Jessica. Hmm... nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea (Yeah! Pepto Bismal!). Nope, constipation isn't part of the jingle. I think that might be enough punishment for Jessica without Production nailing her.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

But, how long does the audience have to be subjected to hearing Raven cry about it? It may sound like I'm heartless. But there is another POV. Many audience members did not sign up to listen to Raven talk about her illness - seemingly non-stop.

Raven? I'm really sorry for your condition. But people who paid for the live feeds expected to get a summer's worth of entertainment - not a summer full of one person crying about their terminal disease.

Don't feel bad; if Raven continues at her current pace, then before the month is out she'll have the freakin' Pope saying, "Awww, just shut up and DIE already...!"  :>

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

Put your gasoline pants on and say what you are thinking!  

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I'm going to hell with gasoline drawers on.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

It's okay. You're among friends. I've bitched about it since about day 3 or 4 of the feeds. Also? I'm pretty sure I have a front window seat on the bus to Hell so if you want, I can save the seat next to me for you. I'll bring the cookies and good booze.

ETA:

Also? LOL forever at the fact that Raven (the girl who is sickest in the house and knows about stomach and digestion issues, y'know) recommended Pepto to Jessica. Hmm... nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea (Yeah! Pepto Bismal!). Nope, constipation isn't part of the jingle. I think that might be enough punishment for Jessica without Production nailing her.

I thank you very much. You just have no idea how afraid I was that a bunch of people would jump on my head and kick the crap out of me for making that post. But I was just at my wit's end listening to Raven.

Raven? I sincerely want to tell you that if I had a terminal disease, I have no idea how I would cope with it. I know that I would be just terrified and I know that I would be terribly afraid of dying. I am so sorry and I want to apologize to you for appearing to be so callous. I hope that you will  make it to Heaven and if Callaphera and I are both lucky enough to meet you up there, I promise to do anything I can to do a good turn for you. Although, I have no idea what that entails and I'm guessing the odds that I will make it up there with you will be very low.

I want to say, "God Bless You", Raven and all the best to you.

• Love 2

One more comment on the Christmas surgery.  If this were Survivor or Alone, and a participant needed medical intervention beyond what would ordinarily be available in a very good first aid kit (bandages, antibiotic cream, supportive splint etc.), then that person would be pulled from the game.  No ifs, ands, or buts.  In many instances, even though said first aid was administered by a member of the medical team because they were called for an evaluation, but if that was all the aid provided, then that person stayed in the game.  Now, I know on The Amazing Race some racers have stayed in even though they had serious injuries (that one guy who blew out his knee and hobbled around on his full leg splint comes to mind) and were at clear disadvantage, but TAR is a different game.  Isolation from the outside world is not an element of that game.  Isolation from the outside world IS the game for Big Brother--as it is for Survivor and Alone.  I think it is nice that Christmas is being allowed to make her own decision and stay in the game even with her injury (mostly because I like her as a hamster), but I don't think it is fair now that her injury has gone beyond evaluation and first aid.  I think even her extended absence for her initial injury and subsequent MRI are really, really stretching the credulity of "evaluation" and "first aid."  But actual surgery--whether a quick in-and-out arthroscopic one or a more extended break-the-bones-to-reshape-the-foot with an overnight observation stay one--is really, really beyond that line for me.  I think production is bending over backwards for Christmas, and there just is something inherently wrong about that which bothers me.

Have there ever been any overnight absences with the hamster returning to the game?  (Rewards don't count.)

I want Paul's HoH to be impotent.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, MissBluxom said:

I thank you very much. You just have no idea how afraid I was that a bunch of people would jump on my head and kick the crap out of me for making that post. But I was just at my wit's end listening to Raven.

Those of us who have the feeds are, too.  You are among friends!  If there was ever a need for a banner it is now "Raven, shut the fuck up." 

• Love 4

God revealed to Dominique some special quality that Mark has that the right woman for Mark will come to organically know.  This quality is something that Mark needs to be nurtured.  So if Elena is the right woman for him, Elena will come to know it all in due time.  I think this is Dominique's subtle way of mind fucking Elena because after all, Dominique already knows this secret quality.

• Love 4

Do people in the house actually take what Dom says seriously? I have not watched her much and oh my. I am getting major second hand embarrassment listening to her and the god talk. She sounds ridiculous giving Elena advice or whatever it is she's doing.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

God revealed to Dominique some special quality that Mark has that the right woman for Mark will come to organically know.  This quality is something that Mark needs to be nurtured.  So if Elena is the right woman for him, Elena will come to know it all in due time.  I think this is Dominique's subtle way of mind fucking Elena because after all, Dominique already knows this secret quality.

This conversation is a scramble of psycho babble, nonsense, Jesus, messages from god dipped in tricky sauce.  Elena is pretending to understand her!!  Good god!  Raven out next, Dom to follow.  

2 minutes ago, diana said:

Do people in the house actually take what Dom says seriously? I have not watched her much and oh my. I am getting major second hand embarrassment listening to her and the god talk. She sounds ridiculous giving Elena advice or whatever it is she's doing.

Mark does but I am not buying that Elena is. 

ETA.  Elena is taking things from this talk that are just things she knows about herself that Dom is not saying.  Okay, time for a scotch and the news.  

Edited by wings707

Elena actually said she wondered what Mark would do without all of Dominique's wisdom.  Elena just seems really insecure about a lot of things, so I could see her acting like she appreciates all of Dominique's "wisdom", even though she doesn't.

5 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Good god!  Raven out next, Dom to follow.  

My biggest fear is that these 2 will somehow end up final 2.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, zorak said:

Elena actually said she wondered what Mark would do without all of Dominique's wisdom.  Elena just seems really insecure about a lot of things, so I could see her acting like she appreciates all of Dominique's "wisdom", even though she doesn't.

My biggest fear is that these 2 will somehow end up final 2.

Take that back! 

I turned the feeds off for awhile.  Elena and Alex were talking (couple of days ago) and they are both religious, Elena did the sign of the cross to convince her or show her, something.   I was not raised in any religion so I may be wrong but only Catholics do that, right?.  They were bonding over it. 

ETA,  Alex asked her if she believed in Noah's arc, Elena said yes.  And she asked her how she thought the world was formed and Alex liked her answer.  I would not be surprised to see a Dom, Elena and Alex alliance at some point. 

Edited by wings707
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I turned the feeds off for awhile.  Elena and Alex were talking (couple of days ago) and they are both religious, Elena did the sign of the cross to convince her or show her, something.   I was not raised in any religion so I may be wrong but only Catholics do that, right?.  They were bonding over it. 

I don't think Elena is Catholic.  The other night she was talking to Mark and Mark said that he is Catholic.  Elena's response was, "But how do you feel about being Christian?". 

3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I No matter what rationalization she has, I don't think the Big Brother House environment is conducive to proper healing.

It might not be that bad.  Ants spray formic acid, which is an antibacterial.  There's probably formic acid everywhere by now. 

Plus, there's always a possibility that the next penicillin-type mold is growing in the shower.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

I don't think Elena is Catholic.  The other night she was talking to Mark and Mark said that he is Catholic.  Elena's response was, "But how do you feel about being Christian?". 

That could be, I don't know how many factions of Christianity do the sign of the cross, they all may. 

5 hours ago, zorak said:

Matt's goal is to just make jury.  He tells Christmas that Paul and Raven are probably the 2 biggest threats to win the game.

Christmas says Raven is the most deserving.  She is "a fucking living saint".

Raven the most deserving? Based on what? 

Christmas better not be allowed back in after her surgery based on that mentality.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Raven the most deserving? Based on what? 

I'm not sure if you've heard this, it seems to be a closely guarded secret but... Raven has a...

*whispers*... disease and is dying.

But you didn't hear it from me. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Devils Chick said:

I am cracking up reading all your Raven bashing. I'm one of the ones who has gastroparesis, and you're all making me realize I have not been getting all the sympathy I deserve! I should be telling people I'm dying so they'll feel sorry for me and give me things! I never even thought of that... 

Exactly! You've been doing it wrong this whole time! You gotta make sure to talk about your illness when other people start talking about their hardships. That way, the sympathy shifts toward you! Bingo! 

Example:

Person A: Well, I might be homeless...
You: I need to pay off my expensive medical bills because of my TERMINAL DISEASE!
Person B: Well, I have cance-
You: I'm dying too!
Person C: I have to get brain surgery-
You: I DIED when I got MY surgery! 

See? Just do that, and you can be like Raven Walton too! You can be physically, mentally, and figuratively carried to $500,000!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, zorak said:

Matt thinks Raven has a really good chance at winning the next temptation.  Mark and Dominique say they want her to get it.

That would require her to have any air time on the episodes. Right now, her only significant air time was...comforting Josh. So yeah, she's not getting it. 

• Love 3

Dominique and Mark are talking one on one. about his relationship with Elena.  I really think that Mark's best bet is to get away from both of them.

• Love 3

See? Just do that, and you can be like Raven Walton too! You can be physically, mentally, and figuratively carried to $500,000!

Damn, I could use $500,000! Seriously though, few people know I even have it. And if I ever went insane and decided to be on this show, I doubt I'd even tell anyone, let alone talk about it non-stop!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

According to Dominique, the right thing to do is to give Raven the $500,000.  Mark said, "Obviously".

So basically Cody and Paul are the only ones playing this game. Cody better end up coming back. 

If all the rest think Raven should win, why don't they all just walk out and DOR right now. They can go with Christmas to the hospital and sit by her bedside.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, zorak said:

Dominique and Mark are talking one on one. about his relationship with Elena.  I really think that Mark's best bet is to get away from both of them.

Yes but he would never do that.   Dom is his guru and Elena the one he wants when this game is over.  He really does, badly.  

The personalities are coming more to the forefront and at the moment the only one on my short list is Kevin. That could change, but for now I am getting the most enjoyment and seeing that maybe he knows this game more than he is letting on.  He is also making some mistakes by lying too forcefully.  He lacks finesse.   

Alex may have potential but that remains to be seen.  I am hopeful. 

Paul is, of course, playing well but his days are numbered.  I don't hate him.  I don't want him to win either, I don't think.  If there is a movement in the house toward wanting to let Raven win, I will support any who oppose that.   I just may root for Cody coming back.  

Edited by wings707
3 minutes ago, zorak said:

According to Dominique, the right thing to do is to give Raven the $500,000.  Mark said, "Obviously".

I mean, I've gone full circle today from annoyance to uncontrollable laughter over this. This was the thing that broke me. I didn't see this but I can just imagine that earnest, puppy dog look on his face as he said it. 

Seriously, Mark always looks like he's waiting to be patted on the head and scritched behind the ears and to be told, "Who's a good boy? You're a good boy! You get a cookie!"

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I mean, I've gone full circle today from annoyance to uncontrollable laughter over this. This was the thing that broke me. I didn't see this but I can just imagine that earnest, puppy dog look on his face as he said it. 

Seriously, Mark always looks like he's waiting to be patted on the head and scritched behind the ears and to be told, "Who's a good boy? You're a good boy! You get a cookie!"

Nailed it.  LOL!

(edited)
30 minutes ago, zorak said:

Matt thinks Raven has a really good chance at winning the next temptation.  Mark and Dominique say they want her to get it.

That reminds me - I have to do 10 votes for Alex! (I can't remember if I voted yet or not.)

I forgot, I already voted for Alex this morning.  40 votes so far.

Edited by Lamb18

Alex is dead on right now about why people want to go to jury.  She says it's because they're lazy and don't want to have to work for it.  They'll make more money in the jury house than they would in their real lives.  She's very disappointed that this is the prevailing attitude for a lot of the houseguests because she really wanted to be in a house full of people who actually want to compete.

• Love 8

Alex and Jason are on to Paul.

Jason, Paul doesn't have honor. Otherwise, keep it up. Alex wants Christmas out. She tells Jason that Christmas wants him out.

Then when someone comes in the room, they start talking about farm animals. First chickens, then ponies. Alex says she wants a miniature pony.

• Love 4

Alex doesn't believe that Paul is here to just play.  She says at first she thought that but now she thinks he wants to win this time.  Jason agrees.  Alex wants Christmas out because she feels like Christmas has been really salty about Jason lately but she thinks Paul really likes Christmas. 

• Love 5

Oh hell, why not, I'll weigh in on Christmas. I like her, she entertains me, I enjoy the one on one relationships she has in the house, so I want her to stay. There. Not gonna lie about my bias.

Also, I recently had (minor) surgery requiring me to stay overnight in the hospital. Every second sucked. I was stressed the fuck out about it, and the second I came too, I was uncomfortable, and uneasy about being in a hospital bed not being able to do anything, and constantly bugged by (absolutely lovely) nurses wanting to check my vitals. I would have gladly stayed a day in the BB house over that. I'm just not seeing how that's some sort of an unfair advantage, but again - biased!!! Waving that flag proudly.

I love the idea of Paul booting Raven at final three. As long as Alex or Kevin is the other third.

• Love 4

Christmas and Paul both have an enormous amount of ugly tattoos. Just something I'm noting as I watch their conversation right now.

Elena has seemed exhausted all day. Is there something wrong with her? She just seems like she's incredibly low energy.

I hate Cody but would be in favor of him winning the battle back just so someone would be willing to go after Paul. Too bad Cody has zero social game. I haven't seen him interact with anyone except Jessica in ages.

• Love 3

Oh, the other camera is on Matt and Raven. I guess I can't escape digestive issues for a while.

OK, there's Kevin. Hoping he keeps his conversation above the belly button.

• Love 3

Matt and Elena are discussing who should go on slop next.  They say Alex definitely needs to go on it next because she hasn't had a turn yet.  They agree that Christmas should not be on slop because she needs to heal.

Raven: "I wouldn't want my worst enemy to be sick.  That's just how I roll".  No kidding, then she might have some competition.  Matt just pointed out to Raven that people will want to put Raven on the block just to ensure that the person she's up against goes home because nobody will vote Raven out.  That's exactly why I'm afraid she's going to get to the end.

• Love 1

Raven told Matt that Dominique told her she didn't come on BB for the money and that she came on for the exposure.  Matt said he feels like that's pretty much the reason everyone in their group came on.  Raven said she came on for the exposure for gastroparesis. 

Raven also just confirmed to Matt that she and Paul knew each other prior to the house in such a way that Paul was quite happy when he saw her there.  I know I read that she had met Paul prior to this but I think there was more to it than just that from the way she was talking to Matt.  She also told Matt that for that reason Paul is cool with Matt.  They both say she will be keeping the stuff about her and Paul knowing each other before this under wraps.

• Love 2

Kevin asked Elena if she was going to have a life with Mark after the show. She said "I'm prayerfully considering it." Fast forward: Elena says she will rub Paul's eagle. Kevin says "And you're going to get married!"

Just before that Paul and Christmas asked Kevin what he would do if he had Josh as a child. Kevin said he would go down I-95, drop him off, then dash back up. He said that his kids are really quiet and the house guests would ask if he tortured his kids.

Now Kevin is teaching Josh how to say "Fruit of the Loom." Josh says "Fruit to the Loom."

I can see how the other house guests are really tired of him.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Amanda fainted and had a seizure from low blood sugar (she was hypoglycemic and on slop and the DR refused to allow her to eat some fruit or bread) ...

Makes them letting Matt eat whatever he wants while a HN look even worse, huh.

51 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You got him pegged.

27 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Elena has seemed exhausted all day. Is there something wrong with her? She just seems like she's incredibly low energy.

I've been meaning to bring this up. Every time I watch the feeds Elena is either sleeping or looking like she wants to be asleep. And one can't forget the time she passed out looking like a crime scene outline. Does she have an illness too that's being overshadowed by Raven's?

I'm sick of all these people again. I need this week to end so we can see if anything will change next week. Literally the only way it will though is if Jessica wins HOH, so the odds aren't great.

ETA: Just noticed there's a "watch the HOH comp play out live on the feeds" message again. It says it will be 'just after' 10 pm est.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Christmas, Raven, and Matt are talking.  Raven is talking about her ideal pecking order after Jessica and Ramses go.  Jason and Josh are next on her list.  Christmas says she knows they didn't have an alliance before but wants to know if at this point they are a solid seven.  They agree that they are.

6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've been meaning to bring this up. Every time I watch the feeds Elena is either sleeping or looking like she wants to be asleep. And one can't forget the time she passed out looking like a crime scene outline. Does she have an illness too that's being overshadowed by Raven's?

When Dominique was talking to Mark earlier she told him that Elena had had some medical issues.  She didn't know what it was but supposedly Elena takes medication every day.  Mark seemed unaware of this.  Considering the source, who knows what it really means.  In Dominique's eyes, the fact that Elena takes medication every day means she is a woman of substance. 

• Love 1