Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E14: Math Is Hard

• Start Topic

Smashley? I got your "Challenge gods" right here. I keep forgetting how heinous she can be. I'd rather Camila win, and I feel she lucked into her only Challenge victory.

Still pulling for Nicole, even though she and Corey botched the first leg. Gotta be humiliating to have a producer half-heartedly wave them through. At least they won the Time Buster. Kept expecting Corey to compare the coconut milk to his "specimen" he produced over his career.

Man, Corey is an albatross. Had to laugh at him and Camila screwing up the Hanoi Tower puzzle.

Still pulling for CT and Nicole. Still hating that BMP loves cumulative finales, because it's so easy to fudge the results for the "perfect" ending.

ETA: Anybody think that Smashley would be talking all sorts of shit about Nicole if she knew that Nicole would become a police officer and have access to weapons? I think Smashley would, because she's that stupid.

Yeah but Nicole was dumb not to add time to the leading female.

Though Camilla got screwed over by Cory's poor showing on the eating challenge and then the puzzle.

Ashley was smart about the triangles puzzle, didn't see the number of triangles but realized it had to be divisible by 3.

Don't cops have to be able to do some basic math?

• Love 6

Smashley? I got your "Challenge gods" right here. I keep forgetting how heinous she can be. I'd rather Camila win, and I feel she lucked into her only Challenge victory.

Agreed.  Ashley is annoying.

3 part finale episode?  No thanks.  When I realized this wasn't the end, I turned it off.  Hate the food challenges.  I then went over to the spoiler thread.  Now no need to watch next week.

Camilla's true nature shows through when she is paired with a partner weaker than herself. Any success she has had has been partly from her leapfrogging with stronger, smarter partners. She is a poor sport, plain and simple. I find nothing entertaining about watching her. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Marley said:

Corey is a man child to the millionth degree. Damn me for finding him attractive.

All those lovely muscles/abs are stealing the oxygen needed by his brain cells.  Such a waste.  But I had myself a good laugh when he and Nicole (1) started counting the "A"s in the instructions as triangles, (2) thought they could just walk off with the puzzle board instead of removing the lock because it was so light, so that must be a thing, and (3) just started banging on the lock with their hands to get it to open.  Not to mention that they kept mentioning numbers that aren't divisible by anything (19!)! Dummies!

1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

Camilla's true nature shows through when she is paired with a partner weaker than herself. Any success she has had has been partly from her leapfrogging with stronger, smarter partners. She is a poor sport, plain and simple. I find nothing entertaining about watching her. 

Ugh!  I was yelling for her to shut the hell up the entire episode.  She is a sore loser and she never really does well competing.  I'd say the one time she impressed me was when she figured out how to keep herself on the platform earlier on this season; but then she tried to wrap the rope around her neck.....

• Love 4

I lost focus about mid-way through when Camila fell off the rope thing (but I'm SO SURE it was Cory's fault, somehow), did they give the two day totals for everyone?

I didn't even pay attention to the concrete block puzzle whatever.  All I do know is that I hope hope hope day 3 does not have one puzzle because I don't want Ashley to have nice things.

Huh.  I think I want all three girls to tie for last. I cannot root for a one of them.

• Love 2

Oh my gosh, does Camilla ever stop whining?  I noticed that nothing is ever her fault, and everyone is dumber than her.  Eh, go away. 

I didn't like that Nicole gave the points to Ashley. 

Ashley isn't my favorite, but I'm rooting for her and CT to win this.  

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Still pulling for Nicole, even though she and Corey botched the first leg. Gotta be humiliating to have a producer half-heartedly wave them through. At least they won the Time Buster. Kept expecting Corey to compare the coconut milk to his "specimen" he produced over his career.

Man, Corey is an albatross. Had to laugh at him and Camila screwing up the Hanoi Tower puzzle.

Still pulling for CT and Nicole. Still hating that BMP loves cumulative finales, because it's so easy to fudge the results for the "perfect" ending.

ETA: Anybody think that Smashley would be talking all sorts of shit about Nicole if she knew that Nicole would become a police officer and have access to weapons? I think Smashley would, because she's that stupid.

Why do you call her smashley?  I don't watch Real World so I must be missing something. 

Nicole is an idiot and the most annoying person I've seen in a very long time. I would tell her that whether she's a cop or not. Why would somebody's potential career stop somebody from telling that person off?   I hate people like her who say that another person doesn't "deserve" to be there. Ashley has done more to deserve to be there than Nicole has.  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

@Maharincess . . . back in RW: Ex-Plosion, Ashley was hammered. Like, a lot. Hence, "Smashley." And she is perhaps the most detestable woman in the game. "Thank you, Challenge gods! Once again, you deem it necessary to flummox that lummox Nicole with your simple puzzles that a drunk with an IQ of 80 can solve. Like me!" Seriously, if it turns out Nicole's move is the difference between Smashley getting second and third-place money, I would be content with that.

I had to laugh at the producer trying to explain the triangles to Nicole and Cory and they still didn't get it. And then with her "just go" comment. That was pretty funny.

• Love 11

Not gonna lie guys; I am the WORST at math and puzzles, so I would probably look like Nicole and Cory if I was on this show.  The pressure of a final and the camera crew/producers watching would only make it worse. 

I hate that they are stretching this out over 3 days. I miss the all-day-long and overnight finals. 

• Love 3
On 2017-05-03 at 2:45 PM, Kimitria said:

Oh my gosh, does Camilla ever stop whining?  I noticed that nothing is ever her fault, and everyone is dumber than her.  Eh, go away. 

I didn't like that Nicole gave the points to Ashley. 

Ashley isn't my favorite, but I'm rooting for her and CT to win this.  

The short answer is no. if she isn't winning, then she's whining.

Nicole did it for all the wrong reasons but I do think it was the smarter decision. Camilla has a temper and she's quite immature in that way - I was not the least bit surprised by her meltdown being partnered with Cory. Camilla isn't good team player, it's really that simple. The entire finale requires them to be in partners...it's only a matter of time before Camilla's temper and victim attitude catch up to her. I'd be surprised if Camilla finished in anything but last. It was funny that when Camilla chose not to scream, she opted for condescending instead. When she was explaining the puzzle to Cory, I think Cory was cutting her off not because he had a better plan, but because he didn't understand her plan. He simply wanted her to shut with her explanations and just tell him what to do rather than waste time talking about it. And in the end, her plan was wrong because neither of them read the instructions correctly.

I can't tell if CT or Nelson will come first but I'm really hoping for CT. I think Ashley seems like the favourite to win among the women. Even with having the extra time added on, Ashley is the best combination of strength, brains and partnership. And it's actually quite ironic because outside of the competitions, Ashley is whiny, immature and way too sensitive. I think living with all of the others was a bigger challenge than any of the actual competitions, lol.

• Love 3

Ashley made a very poor first-impression on her RW season.

I'm not saying she's completely turned that around but she seems to have some level of self-awareness about how bad she's been.

At least she's thinking through some of the puzzles, not being dumb like Nicole.

If Nicole and Cory stopped for one minute, they would have realized that the finale instruction on the triangle was "multiply by 12"  All they had to do was keep trying multiples of 12.  They would have hit the answer in 9 tries.  Even if it were a larger number, they knew it had to be 3 digits, the very worst scenario would have given the answer in about 80 attempts with each attempt taking just a few seconds, they could have been out of there in 5 minutes,  The problem wasn't that they couldn't do math, it was that they couldn't see any alternatives except to keep trying what they were doing.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2017 at 3:14 PM, RHJunkie said:

The short answer is no. if she isn't winning, then she's whining.

Nicole did it for all the wrong reasons but I do think it was the smarter decision. Camilla has a temper and she's quite immature in that way - I was not the least bit surprised by her meltdown being partnered with Cory. Camilla isn't good team player, it's really that simple. The entire finale requires them to be in partners...it's only a matter of time before Camilla's temper and victim attitude catch up to her. I'd be surprised if Camilla finished in anything but last. It was funny that when Camilla chose not to scream, she opted for condescending instead. When she was explaining the puzzle to Cory, I think Cory was cutting her off not because he had a better plan, but because he didn't understand her plan. He simply wanted her to shut with her explanations and just tell him what to do rather than waste time talking about it. And in the end, her plan was wrong because neither of them read the instructions correctly.

I can't tell if CT or Nelson will come first but I'm really hoping for CT. I think Ashley seems like the favourite to win among the women. Even with having the extra time added on, Ashley is the best combination of strength, brains and partnership. And it's actually quite ironic because outside of the competitions, Ashley is whiny, immature and way too sensitive. I think living with all of the others was a bigger challenge than any of the actual competitions, lol.

I agree 100% about Camilla. Not only does she whine but she's over dramatic and breaks down crying.

It is a smarter decision what Nicole did. Yes, I wasn't surprised either by Camilla's meltdown with Cory either. You summed it up perfectly - she isn't a good team player. That scene between Cory and Camilla was crazy more so because of Camilla. Cory clearly said in the calmest way possible that he did not understand. I agree with all you said. Being partnered with Camilla is no easy task.

I'm definitely team CT. I'm really hoping he comes in first. As for Ashley...I'm not a fan of her at all. You did bring up good points because she does seem to be doing a good job. She just annoys me lol. In her confessional she complains about CT when he is a beast when it comes to eating the gross stuff along with strength. Let's not forget he is smart too. I still think about how he set up the rope to beat Darrell in elimination. It was genius...even TJ was impressed.

On 5/3/2017 at 4:47 AM, Marley said:

All I care about is CT winning ..everyone else is meh lol.

Corey is a man child to the millionth degree. Damn me for finding him attractive.

LOL I'm team CT too. I want him to come in first.

LOL yes Corey is very attractive :)

• Love 1
On 5/7/2017 at 11:20 AM, Fretful said:

If Nicole and Cory stopped for one minute, they would have realized that the finale instruction on the triangle was "multiply by 12"  All they had to do was keep trying multiples of 12.  They would have hit the answer in 9 tries.  Even if it were a larger number, they knew it had to be 3 digits, the very worst scenario would have given the answer in about 80 attempts with each attempt taking just a few seconds, they could have been out of there in 5 minutes,  The problem wasn't that they couldn't do math, it was that they couldn't see any alternatives except to keep trying what they were doing.

This cracked me up. Of course there was a simple solution to the problem but Corey and Nicole are really dumb and probably have no idea what the multiples of 12 are even though you learn those in what? 2nd grade? Lol. And Corey and Nicole can't count that high.