Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Just a random thought, but what exactly was a DJ needed for on the WW show? It's not like Wendy got up and danced or the opening of the show was music.

Many shows have music going while they break for ads, to keep the audience entertained while the station rolls whatever commercials have paid to be run during the show.  This happened when I saw Letterman years ago - even though the show was pre-taped, they stopped a few times for the commercials to run and Paul Shaeffer and the band played.

Today, Michael Rapaport blew everyone away.  He knows everything about The Bachelor, the Housewives, etc.  He’s to the point and interesting.  I would have watched him everyday, not Sheri screaming for one minute.  Big Mistake.

Michael has (had?) a show on Netflix, so maybe he can't commit to a full time daytime show at the same time?

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Many shows have music going while they break for ads, to keep the audience entertained while the station rolls whatever commercials have paid to be run during the show.  This happened when I saw Letterman years ago - even though the show was pre-taped, they stopped a few times for the commercials to run and Paul Shaeffer and the band played.

Michael has (had?) a show on Netflix, so maybe he can't commit to a full time daytime show at the same time?

His Netflix show is over permanently. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Boof might have quit when he saw Wendy’s saggy boobies/body and heard her burp. she probably strutted naked in front of Boof. What man would want her fart smelling self? Just say no Boof. 

(I know it’s mean …) 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think that he did have sex with her a couple of times and had to put a stop to it when she wanted more from him.  She probably became a real spiteful bitch and he had to part ways with her professionally..

I’ll bet he took care of the cat situation too.  Hope he did the right thing with them.   
She couldn’t even feed two cats and empty a litter box.  Useless.  Does anyone blame Big Kev now?  She probably used him to do everything without appreciation.  The girlfriend was probably loving.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’ll bet he took care of the cat situation too.

That thought has crossed my mind many times. But I still try to hang on to the belief that, since the cats were most likely micro chipped, they went back to the dumb ass veterinarian who let Wendy adopt them. 

I an watching (on some "free tv") streaming channel old episodes of Wendy's hot topics during Covid. When she was on Zoom from her apartment. Yeah, definitely sounds and looks doped up or alcohol buzzed. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 3
(edited)

How do you even sue someone from wrongful termination of their employment when they never showed up to work? 

*****Please disregard this comment. I totally read that wrong and thought that Wendy was terminated. Not Kevin******

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2

Quoting from the article linked in IWantCookies post:

"Hunter was one of the reasons behind the Wendy William Show's tremendous success and everything seemed to go south after he left. Mr. Hunter was unlawfully terminated solely due to his marital status to Wendy, which is contrary to human rights laws in NYC,' his attorney Abe George told DailyMail.com."

'"This lawsuit seeks to compensate Mr. Hunter for the sweat equity that he put into the show and that Debmar-Mercury will continue to profit on even in their new reincarnation of the Wendy Williams Show,' he added."

I agree with the "bolded" text above. Kelvin might have been a lot of things in his personal life with WW (cheater, womanizer etc) but WW knew all this and still allowed him to run the business. She laid the groundwork for her future in her business life and her personal life. I hope Kelvin wins some money from this lawsuit for his time and effort to be Wendy's "manager". 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Quoting from the article linked in IWantCookies post:

"Hunter was one of the reasons behind the Wendy William Show's tremendous success and everything seemed to go south after he left. Mr. Hunter was unlawfully terminated solely due to his marital status to Wendy, which is contrary to human rights laws in NYC,' his attorney Abe George told DailyMail.com."

'"This lawsuit seeks to compensate Mr. Hunter for the sweat equity that he put into the show and that Debmar-Mercury will continue to profit on even in their new reincarnation of the Wendy Williams Show,' he added."

I agree with the "bolded" text above. Kelvin might have been a lot of things in his personal life with WW (cheater, womanizer etc) but WW knew all this and still allowed him to run the business. She laid the groundwork for her future in her business life and her personal life. I hope Kelvin wins some money from this lawsuit for his time and effort to be Wendy's "manager". 

Completely agree that he got Wendy to work everyday regardless of her ability to actually do the show.

I wonder if any of this has to do with spousal support. If Wendy isn't working then Kelvin isn't getting paid. The timing of this is suspect. He didn't sue immediately following being locked out. 

How is Kelvin going to reconcile the fact that Wendy did not want him in the studio. Didn't she allude to having security to ensure that he did not get inside? 

14 hours ago, Rightside said:

Michael R. was good today!!!

I like the way he interacts with Norman. Fun times!

I wish that Sherri would have him come on once a week to do a trash TV segment. She doesn't have it in her to be shady to these reality stars. Michael R makes it a priority. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

I wish that Sherri would have him come on once a week to do a trash TV segment. She doesn't have it in her to be shady to these reality stars. Michael R makes it a priority. 

I doubt Sherri is going to have Michael R as a regular on her  new show. She likely doesn't want it to be a continuation of "Wendy."

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I know it was stated that the Wendy staff will all be hired on to work on Sherri's show, so I'll be curious to see if Norman still be sitting in his little nook when that happens.  Lucky for him, he's been kept on during all the guest hosts, popping in with helpful facts and adding to the proceedings.   When the show turns over, will they:  they get rid of him because they want everything fresh and original to Sherri;  2) they keep him on for the Wendy fans - he's become a well-liked staple to the show and folks will be comforted to see him still having a role/job. 

The same situation may extend to Suzanne - will she be Sherri's 2nd banana or fade into the background or will Sherri be bringing in her own people?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I can see Norman being Sheri's "Ed McMahon" and Suzanne continuing to warm up the audience. Unfortunately, unless she tones her screaming down a few notches, I won't be watching.

• Love 3
(edited)

I believe Sherri's new show will have no resemblance to "The Wendy Williams Show." The producers want a fresh start.

Imagine if Wendy's show was still on the air and if the same staff was working on Sherri's show, they wouldn't be including them.

Sherri's show can't be "Wendy Revised".

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 4
On 3/2/2022 at 11:24 AM, Showthyme said:

Completely agree that he got Wendy to work everyday regardless of her ability to actually do the show.

I wonder if any of this has to do with spousal support. If Wendy isn't working then Kelvin isn't getting paid. The timing of this is suspect. He didn't sue immediately following being locked out. 

How is Kelvin going to reconcile the fact that Wendy did not want him in the studio. Didn't she allude to having security to ensure that he did not get inside? 

I wish he had the show instead of Sherri.  He was terrific today.  Plus he knows everyone and everything.  ( Friday).  I think all of them like him.  He gets to the point and is very entertaining IMO.  Damn.

• Love 6

Saw an article today on Yahoo that Wendy is "considering suing the show production company for unfair termination".  The story compared her situation to other TV hosts that were fired and turned around and sued their networks.  The examples were Chris Cuomo and Megan Kelly, both of them booted from their shows, and then demanded big payouts.  The amount of $60M was mentioned for Kelly, but it didn't say if she actually got that amount or if the case was thrown out, and I'm not interested enough to research it.  It also implied that Wendy legally has no standing to sue, but she's not above trying after the attempts of Cuomo/Kelly.

Supposedly Wendy is suing on the grounds they had no right to terminate her for being sick but the company says they can't let the show go on indefinitely w/o the host and they had to make a move.  This article even threw in some drama by saying that Wendy is mad at Sherri Shepherd for agreeing to take over - she considered Wendy a friend and this friend is taking her livelihood.  I don't see Wendy winning this one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, patty1h said:

Saw an article today on Yahoo that Wendy is "considering suing the show production company for unfair termination".  The story compared her situation to other TV hosts that were fired and turned around and sued their networks.  The examples were Chris Cuomo and Megan Kelly, both of them booted from their shows, and then demanded big payouts.  The amount of $60M was mentioned for Kelly, but it didn't say if she actually got that amount or if the case was thrown out, and I'm not interested enough to research it.  It also implied that Wendy legally has no standing to sue, but she's not above trying after the attempts of Cuomo/Kelly.

Supposedly Wendy is suing on the grounds they had no right to terminate her for being sick but the company says they can't let the show go on indefinitely w/o the host and they had to make a move.  This article even threw in some drama by saying that Wendy is mad at Sherri Shepherd for agreeing to take over - she considered Wendy a friend and this friend is taking her livelihood.  I don't see Wendy winning this one.

Wendy is so pathetic...and delusional. The big difference between her examples (CC & MK) is that both Chris and Megan were physically & mentally capable of continuing their shows after they were fired. Wendy, not so much. Her drug/alcoholism alone prevented that.

Sounds like Wendy still can't face reality. Did she really think producers/company/crew could wait forever?? And now she's accusing Sheri of taking her livelihood? There's something radically wrong with this woman besides drugs/alcohol. I hope her case gets thrown out of court immediately. 

• Love 8

I agree, apples and oranges and Wendy is delusional. Since when was she "terminated"? Is she ready to return to work and they won't let her? I don't think so. It's still the WW Show and will be until her contract is up at the end of the season. Choosing not to renew her contract isn't termination, and who is their right mind would sign Wendy for another 3 years? Depending on the wording in her contract, they may have to pay her through the end (and maybe they already are) but I don't see how they owe her any more than that.  When there seems to be no end to a temporary disability, it becomes permanent.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

and who is their right mind would sign Wendy for another 3 years?

Exactly! Signing WW on for 3 more years knowing she will only show up for 2 months out of the 3 years.

She's done. Now all she needs to do is realize we're over her. Nobody cares. Go away. 

• Love 11

One thing that I have noticed as the WW show is waning out, is that the flowers on the table are getting smaller, and at this point are maybe some Dollar Store ones shoved into that small rectangle vase. Lackluster. 

• LOL 4

Interesting:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/nick-cannons-talk-show-cancelled-ending-1235200702/#article-comments

Debmar-Mercury, the same production company that produces (er, produced?) Wendy's show, has cancelled Nick Cannon's show effective immediately. He has some pre-taped shows & they will continue to air those. Nick got his talk show after filling in for Wendy, but then his ratings suffered because they were airing Wendy show re-runs, so the lead-in viewership was low. It's also interesting that this article was written by Elizabeth Wagmeister who has appeared on Wendy's show many times, usually as part of a group.

To clarify: Nick's show wasn't outright cancelled. He had a 1 year contract which Debmar-Mercury chose not to renew.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

No offense to El Debarge. I had never heard of him before today's show. But he really does not have a great voice and he's singing "The Rhythm of the Night".

A song that was written in 1985 by Diane Warren and performed by many other artists over the last 4+ decades. How did this guy become some singing/music artist sensation when he is not very talented (singing voice)?

Inquiring minds want to know. Well, my mind wants to know. Because I can do a great version of Frank Sinatra's "New York New York." 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1

"Rhythm of the Night" is a single by DeBarge, written by Diane Warren, released on February 23, 1985. It was a single from their fourth studio album of the same name, released on the Motown label. The song jump-started the career of the prolific songwriter Warren, and was the biggest hit recorded by the Motown family singing group, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100, prevented from further chart movement by Madonna's "Crazy for You" and USA for Africa's "We Are the World".

The release of "Rhythm of the Night" coincided with the release of the Motown film The Last Dragon, which featured the song as part of its soundtrack. The free publicity from the song's association with the movie helped boost its popularity. Eventually released as a single, the song produced DeBarge's biggest success yet, with the single reaching number three on the Billboard Hot 100, number one on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart,[2] number one on the US adult contemporary chart.

The group's music video of the song gained the group heavy rotation on MTV and BET and was actually the group's first (and last) real music video, starting a brief period where DeBarge became pop superstars.

Edited by Jaded
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/11/2022 at 3:00 PM, chenoa333 said:

No offense to El Debarge. I had never heard of him before today's show. But he really does not have a great voice and he's singing "The Rhythm of the Night".

A song that was written in 1985 by Diane Warren and performed by many other artists over the last 4+ decades. How did this guy become some singing/music artist sensation when he is not very talented (singing voice)?

Inquiring minds want to know. Well, my mind wants to know. Because I can do a great version of Frank Sinatra's "New York New York." 

Back in the day there was a rumor that Janet Jackson and El Debarge had a secret daughter who they gave up for adoption at the behest of Janet's father: Joe Jackson.  He felt that Janet having a child out of wedlock would ruin her image as a burgeoning star. Wendy used to talk about this ad nauseum on her radio show.. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Back in the day there was a rumor that Janet Jackson and El Debarge had a secret daughter who they gave up for adoption at the behest of Janet's father: Joe Jackson.  He felt that Janet having a child out of wedlock would ruin her image as a burgeoning star. Wendy used to talk about this ad nauseum on her radio show.. 

Actually, it was his brother, James who was rumored to have been "Janet's baby-daddy".

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Ladybugnine said:

Actually, it was his brother, James who was rumored to have been "Janet's baby-daddy".

You are right! I remember the debarge siblings were just as numerous as the Jacksons.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
On 3/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, Showthyme said:

Great way to get rid of all the excess Wendy Show mugs, fans, face masks.

Don't forget the highly coveted Diva fans! Maybe some freaky WW fan will bid on the purple fart chair.

• LOL 6
Just now, chenoa333 said:

Don't forget the highly coveted Diva fans! Maybe some freaky WW fan will bid on the purple fart chair.

Wendy probably thinks it’s so iconic that it should go into the Smithsonian. 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Wendy probably thinks it’s so iconic that it should go into the Smithsonian. 

That chair SHOULD go in the Smithsonian. Right along with Wendy. 

I'll bet Madame Tussaud's wax museum is getting ready to melt Wendy's wax figure.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Screenshot_20220314-234747_YouTube.thumb.jpg.38c5f88c535aa084e08218b7f00b6f81.jpg

DJ Boof & Wendy have reunited! Sorry for the fuzzy picture. I took a screen shot from a YouTube video:

I'm confused by this ^^^  Is WW back in NYC? Or is Boof in Florida?  And why does Boof sound so angry in his video?

Maybe he can break it gently to Wendy, that nobody cares about her anymore. She probably paid Boof a generous amount of cash to do that pic and video (AND drop off some "fast food"<< (Wink wink)

• Love 5
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Quoting WW from the article:

"You know, I'm 57 now and I have the mind and body of a 25-year-old,' she said."

😂 She is so delusional. If she had any basic knowledge of managing her finances, she would have cash assets in other places besides Wells Fargo to pay her bills. So enough with the b.s. that she can't pay any bills solely because of Wells Fargo. 

And when your employer FIRES you, you cannot just show up for work and claim you are still employed. She is nuts. Period.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Quoting WW from the article:

"You know, I'm 57 now and I have the mind and body of a 25-year-old,' she said."

...and the liver of a 95-year-old....

Not only is she delusional, she needs a new mirror 🙄

• LOL 6

They covered this story at the beginning of Entertainment Tonight, and I was getting very annoyed, first when Wendy started talking about how she's just an honest, hard-working person and that she never lies, then when the ET voiceover complimented her for always being open about her "battles with Graves Disease and addiction."  They tried to demonstrate this by showing the clip of when she announced she was in the sober house, but didn't she backtrack later and claim she didn't need any help and was just plotting against Kelvin?  I did enjoy though when the GMA interviewer followed up Wendy's claims of how great and healthy she was by asking if she was ready to just step back in and do the show, but then she replies that she only needs another three months before she could do that!  I guess she felt she needed attention with this interview (maybe her new team recommended it), but I think the only place she's going to do a talk show is one of those horrible low-budget things I used to come across on public access when I was flipping through channels!

Even though ET seemed to fawn over Wendy as usual, they still of course showed the clip of her fainting on Halloween for the 1000th time.  They can't resist.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

omg, what a hoot. "I'm ready to come back! Well, give me about 3 months and then I'll be ready for sure! As soon as I deal with some private matters! I have the mind and body of a 25 year old! How dare the bank freeze my money!"

Sure, Jan. That right there is grounds for Wells Fargo keeping your money. Did they unfreeze it yet?

And she wouldn't appear on camera and show off that body of a 25 year old? 

Your show is done, Wendy. Did you really think they were gonna sit around and wait for a year? So you can take care of "private matters"? Her sense of self-importance is off the charts. Notice she didn't even say it's because of her health anymore.

• Love 11

Friday:  Holy Smokes, but not surprised.  My kid just told me Nick Cannon is finished with the show because of poor ratings.  Knew it, he was to all over the place.  Being replaced by Jennifer Hudson.  Guess Michael Rapporport is out again, but IMO he was the best.  Bet within the year, the Sponsers will realize that he’s the one, then get him on.  Is this old news here?  I haven’t been on for awhile, so didn’t know what was going on with this show.

I bet the Graves Disease Foundation is pretty upset with Wendy's high profile portrayal of the disease, which is mostly Wendy trying to cover her addiction and mental health issues.

For those who love Alan Rappaport, I see he has a role in Amy Schumer's new Hulu series, Life and Beth.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

omg, what a hoot. "I'm ready to come back! Well, give me about 3 months and then I'll be ready for sure! As soon as I deal with some private matters! I have the mind and body of a 25 year old! How dare the bank freeze my money!"

Sure, Jan. That right there is grounds for Wells Fargo keeping your money. Did they unfreeze it yet?

And she wouldn't appear on camera and show off that body of a 25 year old? 

Your show is done, Wendy. Did you really think they were gonna sit around and wait for a year? So you can take care of "private matters"? Her sense of self-importance is off the charts. Notice she didn't even say it's because of her health anymore.

Also--- if she's saying she's ready to come back to the Wendy Show in 3 months "bigger and brighter than ever"--- what does this do to Sherri Shepard?? Although, personally I'm not a fan, the woman has signed contracts, publicly announced her show, moved from Los Angeles to NYC, etc. Aw, this gone get messy! 

More lawsuits to come!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

I found it fascinating that this planned interview with Good Morning America was audio only... 🤔

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Wendy must look like a deformed troll without her full makeup/wig on. Lolz

It was strange... She has the means to hire professional hair wig & makeup & wardrobe. The interview was planned. She had time to gather a team to help her prepare what to say. After a long absence, why would she put herself out there so half-assed?!

I don't think her mind is addled; I just think she's a bit of a ding bat. 

Where is Kelvin?! 🗣Kelvin come get your ex-wife! 

Edited by NowVoyager
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, NowVoyager said:

I found it fascinating that this planned interview with Good Morning America was audio only... 🤔

There may be legal reasons why she cannot go on air. I wonder if something in her contract with Debmar prohibits it especially since she has not appeared on air for her own show. 

She got the questions ahead of time. When ask why do you think that the bank would take such an extreme step she talks about wanting to spend time with her family and working out...and the bank doesn't like that. Um, no. Wells Fargo has done some shady shit over the years but they are not going to give Wendy or her handlers access to her account because of this interview with GMA.

She will be ready to come back in three months? It is just so strange.

It is irritating that she comes on air to discuss her grievances with Wells Fargo but doesn't address her absence from the show. Bye Wendy. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Just in time to tell us she's "off for the summer....see you in September."   

Yeah, you know that’s exactly why she is able to predict 3 months is how much longer she needs.  Who does she think she’s fooling?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4