Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Dangerous Liaisons

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

You have to admit though, she has the best one-liners.  "Never grab a woman without her permission, dumbass!" will never not be among my favorite lines ever, especially the way Dinah just tossed it off so casually.

Ok, And I completely accept that this is nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking, how does this line make sense in the context of a fight? It's not like she's minding her own business and was grabbed walking down the street to her fave wallet chain store.

ETA: @SmallScreenDiva and @Midnight Lullaby beat me to it.

Also the pose itself was very your local gym's yoga class not super fighter power pose and Sara's lines were in the context of stopping assaults on women so they fit better.

Lastly, Dinah Drake has fabulous hair so I don't even mind she keeps it down during fights.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

It's not even CL giving the lines depth IMO, the lines actually made sense in the context of the scenes. Like when she said that line about no women suffering at the hands of men, that was after a fight with rapists and gangbangers. When she said she didn't like being called a bitch, that was a direct response to the Dollmaker calling her one. This one is a great, catchy girl power line that fell flat because of lack of context and the laughable delivery. 

ETA: Or what @leopardprint just said about Sara, LOL!

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 18
On 4/26/2017 at 9:14 PM, KenyaJ said:

Meanwhile, how do you solve a problem like Curtis? I liked him so much when he was first introduced. But now the writers are trying so hard to make him quippy and funny and it's just not working. They're trying too hard, and it just makes him seem like an inept fool who can't read social cues and can't take anything seriously. I don't understand why they think this is enjoyable.

How do you solve something like Curtis? Easily, the writers just do 2 things:

1. Make him useful to the team, not utterly bumbling and incompetent. When a protagonist makes WILD DOG look effective in comparison there's something glaringly wrong. Just have Curtis take a level in badass as a fighter and have his orbs start doing stuff that's awesome to look at and it would solve a lot of the issue right there. Either that, or just focus on his engineering aspect and just have him make cool gadgets for the rest of the team rather than fighting personally. Giving Curtis a irreplaceable role like Felicity as the master hacker would go a LONG way.

2. Put more effort into his jokes and use them sparingly. Comic relief characters only work when the jokes and bumbling are actually funny and when the jokes fit the situation. Fans came to like Curtis because he was basically a male Felicity, but while Felicity knows when to cut the whole "awkward bumbling" thing and has dialed down her chatterbox tendencies Curtis does not and has not. Instead of having Curtis bumble around talking like an idiot in every scene he's in, have him do that maybe 2 or 3 times an episode, and only during times in the episode when humor is appropriate. If Team Arrow is in a serious situation Curtis needs to be serious too, not act like he's hanging out with his buddies at the mall.

It's not hard to make a comic relief character like Curtis work, it's just that too many writers just don't care to understand how said characters work. People don't hate, say, Jar Jar Binks because he's comic relief, they hate him because he's a useless load to the protagonists that sucks all the drama out of every scene he's in and the same is true of Curtis. It's even fine if Curtis screws up, just that he only does it once in a great while and because of something other than that he's a talkative loon and bumbler who can barely fight. Hell, the reason people hate Wild Dog was because he was a reckless arrogant idiot of a character whose bumbling wasn't even intended to be funny and just caused nothing but problems for Team Arrow, and now fans are more tolerant of him because he has a role and doesn't screw up royally every episode.

On a different note I figured Chase was hiding in Team Arrow's bunker, every bad guy and his mother has strolled straight in to the hideouts of Team Arrow with little to no effort and why stop now? Besides, it's the one place nobody would think to look for him. I just figured he booby trapped Felicity's computer and bugged the place, and once he heard "Oh noes! Chase is in our 'impenetrable' bunker!" he just pushed a switch and blew up the computer with an EMP bomb. That's exactly the sort of "several steps ahead" I've come to expect out of Prometheus.

I guess this is the season of retcons because Rene got one. A few episodes back when the fact that he had a family was made known it was made blatantly clear that Rene had been trying to get his daughter back or at least be allowed to visit but kept getting denied. Now, they're having Rene say he just decided his daughter was better off without him (to be fair, one of a very VERY few very self aware and intelligent acts on his part on this show) and didn't even try to so much as visit despite being able to. Now we're going to have to suffer through a storyline about Rene either getting his daughter back or losing her forever and all the angst that's going to bring.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

You have to admit though, she has the best one-liners.  "Never grab a woman without her permission, dumbass!" will never not be among my favorite lines ever, especially the way Dinah just tossed it off so casually.

IDK. Like others have already said here, it just felt misplaced in the scene, IMO. It would be great line but I don't need her to say cool one-liners just for the sake of having something to say. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4

As far as the newbies go, Rory was the best, but since he isn't around anymore, I think they go in order of...

Dinah: We don't really know her very well beyond her Tragic Backstory, and I think she's kind of pointless, but I like her feisty but likable personality, and since her introductory episode she's toned down a lot on being pissed off all the time. I like that she seems like a pretty normal person now, who just does her job, no fuss no muss. Well, except for those stupid Girl Power lines they keep giving her, like that "Never Grab a Woman With Permission" line, which would have been fine if she was actually stopping a man from being aggressive with a woman, but its totally random in this context. Its almost a bit condescending. Cant she just be a badass woman without being reminded she's a woman? But, other than that, she's fine.

Curtis: He has gotten a lot better lately, now that he has something to do other than acting like a reckless moron, but I'm still not really a fan. His backstory with his family doesn't really make me feel bad for him, it makes him look like an asshole who isn't willing to fight for his poor daughter, and it seems weird to me that a guy who was so ridiculously immature that he calls himself Wild Dog and refuses to call people by their actual damn names that he is old enough to be in the military, be discharged, get married, have an elementary aged daughter, lose her, and become a vigilante. I give him points for becoming less of a pain as the season has gone on, but he is still often a pain.

Curtis: This sucks because I really liked Curtis when he was just Felicity's funny and sweet work friend, before he randomly became a vigilante, a job he sucks at, and comic relief, another job he sucks at. It really seems like they tried to turn Curtis into Cisco, which isn't working at all, because, for one thing, the Arrowverse doesn't need another Cisco, it already HAS Cisco, and for another thing, Cisco might be comic relief, but he knows when its time to make jokes, and when its time to be serious and get work done. He knows how to read a room well enough to know when no one wants to hear quips and pop culture references. Plus, Cisco never tried to go out into the field and act like a superhero until he got actual superpowers, and even then, he still usually leaves that to Barry, and sticks to the lab stuff unless he's really needed. Curtis has just become an annoyance who sucks at his job, makes stupid jokes all the time, and occasionally tries to have more development due to his failed marriage, but even that's baffling to me. This guy is seriously giving up his marriage to be a vigilante with a stupid T on his face? Why? Why does this matter to him? Why not just make gadgets for them? Its not that every crime fighter needs an angsty backstory as to why they fight crime, but I would like a bit of context if we are stuck with this guy.

• Love 4

On a different note I figured Chase was hiding in Team Arrow's bunker, every bad guy and his mother has strolled straight in to the hideouts of Team Arrow with little to no effort and why stop now? 

Now I can't stop picturing Chase tenderly watching Oliver sleep while he plots to ruin his life.  

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Now I can't stop picturing Chase tenderly watching Oliver sleep while he plots to ruin his life.  

You know if Chase wasn't insane and a murderer and torturer, could totally ship these two.

• Love 3

I actually think Dinah's line was a clapback at Trump's infamous comments actually on the part of the writers, just like the fact that he's President in Doom World, too.  It wanted to be, "Pussy grabs back, dumbass." But it was very poorly placed.

I think it's a little crazy that Chase and Malcolm and everybody's mother can get into the GA "secret" lair, but taking the power out with an EMP apparently traps Oliver and Felicity.  I'm looking forward to the next episode, but it would also be hilarious to have them exit using "one of the many emergency exits.  See?  I told you these would eventually come in handy!"

• Love 1
(edited)

The problem for me is that it's not the first time this season where Dinah has delivered one of these dumbass, tough chick lines. In fact her very first appearance had her delivering a dumbass, tough chick line.

I honestly don't think they care about the character or want to write for her as a character. Instead she's basically an action figure, a mask, a caricature.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 15

Dinah is inoffensive to me and if we must see some sort if drivel I'd rather watch her with her girl power schtick than Wild Dong and his parenting woes.

Seriously the comic f#ck boys complain about Olicity and a bit of romance but we have to sit through WD's custody issues???? WTF!!!!!!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

Dinah is inoffensive to me and if we must see some sort if drivel I'd rather watch her with her girl power schtick than Wild Dong and his parenting woes.

Seriously the comic f#ck boys complain about Olicity and a bit of romance but we have to sit through WD's custody issues???? WTF!!!!!!

They only like him because he's a mask. I find Wild Dog storyline utterly boring. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

They only like him because he's a mask. I find Wild Dog storyline utterly boring. 

I didn't watch it. My toenails were not long enough to clip during his scenes so I skipped them. 

• Love 6

Regarding the question of "How do you solve a problem like Curtis?  How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?"  My answer would be callous and simple:  kill him.  He is useless in almost every way.  He's supposed to be the comic relief but he's not particularly funny.  He's terrible at fighting.  Nowadays he just throws his orb doohickeys and that's all he does.  It's not interesting.

Also working my last nerve is Wild Dung.  I couldn't care less about his child custody issues.  And I know that his "Hoss" thing is supposed to be an amusing schtick, but it is beyond irritating.  My only consolation is that after all this time, the actor is still listed as a guest star so maybe he won't return next season.  He can retire and go live with his daughter and work as a stuntman at Six Flags Star City, hossing it up all day long.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I didn't watch it. My toenails were not long enough to clip during his scenes so I skipped them. 

You missed like six "Hoss's". Tragic.  ;)

2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Regarding the question of "How do you solve a problem like Curtis?  How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?"  My answer would be callous and simple:  kill him.  He is useless in almost every way.  He's supposed to be the comic relief but he's not particularly funny.  He's terrible at fighting.  Nowadays he just throws his orb doohickeys and that's all he does.  It's not interesting.

Also working my last nerve is Wild Dung.  I couldn't care less about his child custody issues.  And I know that his "Hoss" thing is supposed to be an amusing schtick, but it is beyond irritating.  My only consolation is that after all this time, the actor is still listed as a guest star so maybe he won't return next season.  He can retire and go live with his daughter and work as a stuntman at Six Flags Star City, hossing it up all day long.

Sorry but they've already announced him as a regular next season.  (Both Wilddog and Dinah)

17 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I love you. 

Usually, Wild Dog time is my Candy Crush time. This episode, even hearing his bullshit was too much, so I muted his scenes.

I actually started not minding him lately, at least he was better than Curtis, who is getting on my last nerve. Then we started with the tough guy sentimentality, and I'm out! I'm done, y'all. Roll on 520.

• Love 2

I always watch everything so I know I watched the Rene scenes.  I actually know I watched them twice (since I rewatched the whole episode) but the only thing that left an impression was how much I hated hearing him say Hoss.  

• Love 4

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) - Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. Today I fight that war on two fronts: By day, I lead Star City as its mayor. But by night, I am someone else. I am something else. I am the Green Arrow."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Team Arrow and A.R.G.U.S. believe that they've cornered Adrian Chase inside a closed video arcade at a carnival park:
Unidentified A.R.G.U.S. agent (over comms): "Delta Team in position. Seems our friends are here too."
Oliver (over comms): "We're on site."
Lyla (over comms): "An A.R.G.U.S. drone confirms Adrian Chase walked into the arcade at 0900."
Oliver (over comms): "16 hours ago. That's a lifetime for Chase."
Felicity (over comms): "Yeah, but no one has exited or entered since. We got the bastard."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Felicity seeks help from Helix to find Chase:
Felicity: "Better question is, do we have anything?"
Alena: "Manhunts aren't exactly in Helix's wheelhouse, Felicity."
Felicity: "You helped me unmask Chase. Now I need your help trying to find the bastard."
Alena: "From what you told me, they've got Homeland Security, the FBI and A.R.G.U.S. working on this."
Felicity: "Yeah. And last night, Chase played them like Maximum Force."
Alena: "I used to love that game."
Felicity: "Yeah, I did too. Apparently it's seen better days."
Alena: "Hmm?"
Felicity: "Point being, I expect you and Helix to come up with a fresh perspective. You know, maybe pull up some new tricks, something Chase isn't going to anticipate."
Alena: "Well, it would help not having to waste time reinventing the wheel."
Felicity: "You want to know what intel they're working with?"
Alena: "Getting into the FBI and Homeland Security is easy. Their cyber sec is a bad joke. But breaking into A.R.G.U.S.' network?"
Felicity: "Allow me. (Works on computer) The intel of Chase being in New Jersey came from an A.R.G.U.S. drone."
Alena: "Okay. So?"
Felicity: "So, the information was then sent to an unsecured phone.
Alena: "Seems like a big time breach in operational security... Wait."
Felicity: "Wait, what?"
Alena: "What if Chase has a buddy inside A.R.G.U.S.? Who tipped him off? Who pinged the unsecured cell phone?"
(Felicity works on computer and pulls up profile of male A.R.G.U.S. agent.)
Felicity: "Yeah."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Lyla, Oliver and Dinah take a look at the dead A.R.G.U.S. agent in the elevator, while Felicity recognizes some coding:
Oliver (over comms): "Felicity. Curtis. We have a camera."
Curtis (over comms): "Roger, Roger. We have clearance, Clarence. What is our vector, Victor?"
Oliver (over comms): "Guys! Focus, please."
(Lyla removes a necklace with a key from the dead agent's neck.)
Dinah: "That's evidence."
Lyla: "A.R.G.U.S. evidence."
Felicity (over comms): "Alright. I got the video. Streaming back to your phone now."
Oliver (holding up his phone): "Go."
Felicity (over comms): "You guys seeing this?"
Oliver (viewing elevator surveillance video): "Well, we're seeing it. Looks like a meta."
Lyla: "An invisible meta?"
Felicity: "Or psychokinesis. Though some prefer ‘telekinesis.’"
Curtis: "I don't think so. Check out what the elevator's doing."
Felicity (over comms): "Yeah. Curtis is right. According to the elevator activity log, the car accelerated upwards at - omigod - 9 G's, and then it just dropped into a freefall for 40 stories."
Dinah: "Death by elevator."
Oliver: "This doesn't feel like Chase."
Felicity (over comms): "No. At first I thought Chase was trying to tie up loose ends, but I couldn't find any connections between them."
Lyla: "He had his A.R.G.U.S. security key still on him. Why enter the elevator if not to take it?"
Oliver: "Maybe to confirm the kill? Guys, how do we manipulate an elevator like that?"
Felicity (over comms): "Remotely. Everything's computer controlled.
Oliver (over comms): "Alright. However this happened, let's just find whoever did it."
Curtis (over comms): "We are on it... Huh. Looks like the elevator was hacked in real time. Pulling up the rootkit now."
Felicity (looking at computer screen): "Oh. My. God."
Curtis: "'Oh my god' what?"
Felicity: "Nothing. There's just a line of code here that I'm not quite getting. But I think I know someone at Helix who can help." (Starts to leave)
Curtis: "Uh. Hey! Don't you need to show them the code?" (Holds out tablet)
Felicity: "Yeah. That's a good idea. Thank you. Very helpful, Curtis." (Takes tablet and leaves)

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Felicity confronts Alena about the A.R.G.U.S. agent’s elevator death, and Alena tells Felicity about Cayden James:
Felicity: “A polymorphous worm concealed by a kernel rootkit.”
Alena: “You trying to talk to dirty to me, or –“
Felicity: “I saw the code, Alena. I know your work. You hacked that elevator. You killed that A.R.G.U.S. agent!”
Alena: “Just slow down.”
Felicity: “Yes or no?”
Alena: “Kind of.”
Felicity: “Kind of?”
Alena: “I didn't mean to kill him, I swear. I'd never knocked anyone out with an elevator before, and apparently, there's a learning curve.”
Felicity: “Alena.”
Alena: “I need you to hear me out for one second.”
Felicity: “You murdered someone.”
Alena: “Accidentally and for a good cause.”
Felicity: “I can't believe I'm hearing this.”
Alena: “Cayden James. He's the most skilled hacker the world has ever known.”
Felicity: “If he was, I would have heard of him.”
Alena: “No, you wouldn't have because he's just that good. He's a ghost. He's also the person that formed Helix.”
Felicity: “What does that have to do –“
Alena: “Eight months ago, he was scooped up by A.R.G.U.S. Not arrested. Not charged. Just taken. And now he's being held without cause, being tortured, who knows what else, and I had to take this... (Indicates A.R.G.U.S. security key) off that A.R.G.U.S. agent so we can free him.”
Felicity: “Alena, you killed someone.”
Alena: “Before you get too judgmental, know that you're gonna help me free Cayden from wherever A.R.G.U.S. is holding him.”
Felicity: “Why would I do that?”
Alena: “Because before he was taken, Cayden was working on a biometric tracker that could recognize a heartbeat, powerful enough to scan anywhere in the world.”
Felicity: “Anywhere Adrian Chase is.”

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Alena tells Felicity that she's hired some mercenaries to grab the second A.R.G.U.S. security key:
Felicity: "Just let me talk to my friends at A.R.G.U.S. Maybe we can negotiate for Cayden's release."
Alena (laughs): "Sorry. It's just funny, you know. Negotiate with A.R.G.U.S."
Felicity: "Seriously, I really think they will. Just hold off on taking the second key."
Alena: "A.R.G.U.S. won't even admit they have Cayden. Besides, plans are already in motion."
Felicity: "What did you do?"
Alena: "Don't worry. I hired professionals this time."
Felicity: "Professionals?"
Alena: "One casualty was enough for this girl's conscience."
Felicity: "You mean mercenaries?"
Alena: "You really can buy anything on the internet."
Felicity (looks at her ringing phone): "Well, are your internet thugs headed to Port Talbert? Because they're about to have some company."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Felicity asks Diggle to let the Helix merc get away with the A.R.G.U.S. security key, and Diggle and Oliver comply with her request:
Felicity (on phone): "Hey, John. I know you have to protect that agent.
Diggle (over comms): "We're on our way."
Felicity (on phone): "I know you have to protect her. But I need you to let those guys get away with the security key."
Diggle (over comms): "Wait, what? What?!"
Oliver (holding gun, to Helix merc): "Hey! Don't move!"
Diggle (over comms): "Oliver. We have a situation. I need you to let Tango get away with that security key."
Oliver (over comms): "Why?"
Diggle (over comms): "Felicity has information that we don't have, Oliver. I need you to stand down."
(Oliver lowers gun and lets Helix merc escape, just as Diggle and Dinah arrive.)
Oliver: "What the hell was that?!"
Diggle: "Felicity said we had to."
Oliver: "Why?"
Diggle: "To catch Prometheus."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Felicity clashes with Lyla and gets no support from Oliver or Diggle:
Felicity: "It's the only way to catch Chase."
Lyla: "No, it's not. But even if it were, at what cost? Agent Didkoff could've been killed."
Felicity (indicating Oliver and Diggle): "No, the team was there to make sure."
Lyla: "She could've been killed. Just like Agent Pierce."
Felicity: "I told you. That was an accident."
Lyla: "And now - now, two keys are in the wind, and A.R.G.U.S. is vulnerable. What were you thinking?"
Felicity: "That we need to catch this son of a bitch, no matter what. (To Oliver and Diggle) Guys, a little support here."
Oliver: "Might be crossing the line, Felicity."
Felicity: "Well, you're the last person on earth who gets to give that lecture, Oliver. (Looks at Lyla) Or second to last. (Looks back at Diggle and Oliver) And don't tell me, you don't make morally questionable choices, so that I don't have to. I have to."
Diggle: "No, you don't, Felicity. You don't have to. Lyla's right. There are better ways for us to find Chase."
Felicity: "Chase has been in the wind for a week. He has been trained by Talia al Ghul. He knows how to stay in the wind. What other leads do we have? How else are we going to bring Adrian Chase to justice unless A.R.G.U.S. lets go of Cayden James?"
Lyla: "Not a chance."
Felicity: "Then my only choice is to help Helix."
Diggle: "Your only choice? Felicity, I thought we were on the same side."
Felicity: "No, John. I'm on the side that's going to put Chase away, so that he can't hurt anyone ever again." (Leaves)
Oliver: "Hey, Felicity -"
Diggle: "Let her go, man. Now isn't the time."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Lyla tells Oliver and Diggle that A.R.G.U.S. is planning to use Cayden James as bait to take down Helix:
Lyla (showing tablet screen): "Meet Prisoner 38085, a/k/a Cayden James."
Diggle: "What are you holding him on?"
Lyla: "He's a person of interest."
Diggle: "So. No crime. I'm guessing, no trial either."
Lyla: "Do you have something you want to say to me, Johnny?"
Diggle: "Not right now, Lyla."
Oliver: "There's something we're not considering. What if Felicity is right? She might be right. We give James a terminal. We make him find Chase. And then we hand him back to Helix."
Lyla: "I know you want Chase off the board, Oliver. But Cayden James is as dangerous as a loose nuke. I can't put him back in play."
Oliver: "Helix has compromised your security. And now they've hired mercenaries that are going to go after A.R.G.U.S. to get James out."
Diggle: "This means we go after them first. Curtis has intel as to where their base of operations is."
Lyla: "And we'd be going in completely blind. We have greater chance of success if we let Helix come to us."
Diggle: "Wait. Lyla. You want to set a trap for Helix and use James as the bait?"
Lyla: "I don't think I need to tell either of you how dangerous Helix is. This is our chance to take them down. This is happening with or without your help. I want you boys to wrap your head around that." (Leaves)
Diggle: "We have to get Felicity out of Helix. We can't let her get involved in this."
Oliver: "You mean, any more involved. We knew she was into something. We knew it was bad. We just let her get in deeper."
Diggle: "Oliver, grief can make people do crazy things. No one knows that better than you and me. But I'm not the one she was going to marry."
Oliver: "What's your point?"
Diggle: "My point is... (Sits down) Oliver, maybe we should've talked her out of Helix. Maybe not. I don't know. But the point is, we're here now. And you're the only one she'll listen to."
Oliver: "I'm not... sure how much credibility I have with her."
Diggle: "You both want to catch Chase, right? You have that in common. (Oliver nods) Which tells me, you are the only one who can pull her back from the brink."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Oliver and Felicity have a heart-to-heart conversation, but Oliver cannot change Felicity's decision:
(Felicity opens door to leave her loft and finds Oliver there about to knock.)
Felicity: "Oh! Hi."
Oliver: "Hey."
Felicity: "Nice of you to use the front door for once."
Oliver (briefly smiling): "May I come in, please?"
Felicity: "Uh, actually, I was just leaving."
Oliver: "I can see that."
Felicity: "Sure." (Lets him into the loft)
Oliver: "Looks like you're not sitting behind a keyboard for this one."
Felicity: "Can you blame me?"
Oliver: "No. I more than probably anyone else understand what it's like to be willing to do whatever it takes to stop Chase."
Felicity: "Then let me do it."
Oliver: "Just let me tell you how I'm seeing things. You're willing to do whatever it takes to stop Chase because I was willing to do whatever it takes to save the city. And that created him."
Felicity: "Okay. So it's ironic, that's what it is."
Oliver: "It doesn't have to be. See, we can think of another way to find him. And then we can find another way to stop him."
Felicity: "Okay. How? The S.C.P.D. tipline? No, that's not going to work this time, Oliver. We both know that. This is our only chance."
Oliver: "And this is me, asking you, don't do this."
Felicity: "For the past four years, I have watched you do whatever you had to, whatever it took, to stop the people threatening the city. How can you stand there and not ask me to do the same thing?"
Oliver: "Because, over the past four years, you more than anyone else has seen the toll that it has taken on me."
Felicity: "And I told you -"
Oliver: "And I understand. I agree. I should not shelter you from making hard decisions. But you want to talk irony, fine. You are willing to sell your soul to destroy a threat that I created. How –“ (Stops, at a loss for words)
Felicity: "One of the reasons I fell in love with you is because you were always willing to do what was right, no matter what the cost. Even if it's unbearably hard. It's what makes you you. So how can I be any different? (Oliver shakes his head) You have sacrificed your soul for the team, for the city, and for me. You don't have to carry that burden any longer. Let me do it."
Oliver: "Felicity, I... I can't."
Felicity: "Then you'll have to stop me."
(Oliver nods his head and then stands there, while she leaves the loft.)

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Felicity and Alena gear up for their mission to rescue Cayden James from A.R.G.U.S.: 
Alena: "I've done a lot of illegal things, but none of them required heavy weaponry - or any weaponry."
Felicity: "You know, I've found the transition between hacker to vigilante to be surprisingly straightforward. You're going to do great. Besides, we have enough firepower to invade Russia."
Alena: "Well, hopefully, we won't have to."
Felicity: "I think we might. They know we're coming."
Alena: "I'm not worried."
Helix Guy (handing them guns): "In case you need one."
Felicity: "No. Even if we do, I'm not using that."
Alena: "A.R.G.U.S. will have guns."
Felicity: "You said no one is going to get hurt."
Alena: "If we do this right, no one will. (Hands her a device) Wait for my signal."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – The Helix team invades A.R.G.U.S.' off-book black site to retrieve Cayden James, while Team Arrow is waiting at A.R.G.U.S.' known site that's 12 miles away:
Oliver: "I thought you were standing post with Lyla."
Diggle: "Seemed like a good idea to put some space between us. Felicity isn't the only lady who thinks the ends justify the means."
Oliver: "When Lyla and Felicity Smoak are willing to cross the line -"
Diggle: "Makes you wonder if there is one."
(Alena hands Felicity a tablet.)
Felicity: "What's that?"
Alena: "Think of it as a weaponized tablet. Preloaded with address resolution protocol spoofing. The A.R.G.U.S. site is protected by microchipped gun turrets."
Felicity: "Right. This will shut them down?"
Alena: "You sure you're ready for this?"
Felicity: "Let's do this."
Felicity: "Wait. This isn't A.R.G.U.S."
Alena: "No, it is. Just not the site A.R.G.U.S. expected us to hit."
(Felicity uses her weaponized tablet to disable the gun turrets.)
Felicity: "Where has this tablet been all my life?"
Alena: "Had it made special for you. So much better than a friendship bracelet."
Felicity: "Ohh. How are we going to find Cayden James?"
Alena: "I know he's inside one of these containers. But I don't know exactly which one. Can you check to see if there's a site map?"
Felicity: "Okay."
(They peer around the containers to see a criss-cross web of laser lines.)
Felicity: "Whatever A.R.G.U.S. is keeping in there, they want to keep secure."
Alena: "Or whoever."
(They disable the laser web.)
Alena: “Two air-gapped unhackable keys. It's beautiful tech, really."
Felicity: "Free Cayden James now. Admire A.R.G.U.S. tech later."
Alena: "Right."
(Felicity and Alena use the two A.R.G.U.S. security keys to unlock the container.)
Felicity: "One."
Alena: "Two."
Felicity: "Three."
(They turn the keys, the container opens, and inside is a hooded man tied to a chair.)
Alena: "Cayden? Hey. It's okay. This is a rescue."
Felicity: "We got to move. Team Arrow will be here any minute."
Alena: "I doubt that very much. They have no clue we're here."
(They hear gunfire.)
Alena: "Do not say, 'I told you so.' (To Helix team) Meet us out back in five."
Felicity: "Where are we going?"
Alena: "We're going to go say 'hi' to your friends."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Felicity stops Oliver from stopping Helix from rescuing Cayden James:
(Oliver confronts Alena and Helix guys who are loading Cayden James into the back of their van.)
Oliver: "Next one goes in his head."
Felicity (running to stand between Oliver and the Helix team): "Then it'll have to go through me. (To Alena) Go!"
Oliver: "Get out of the way!"
Felicity: "You know I can't do that."
(Helix van drives away. Oliver starts running forward.)
Felicity: "I was really hoping you wouldn't! (Uses her weaponized tablet to activate a laser web wall between her and Oliver) Oliver, don't move. That is a 30-kilowatt spectral beam laser. It'll cut you to the bone. Curtis will let you out. (Puts her tablet on the ground in front of her side of the laser web) I'm sorry. I am. I'm really hoping that you're gonna understand after we get Chase."
Oliver: "Don't count on it."
(Felicity leaves)

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Helix freezes out Felicity, but leaves behind the promised biometric tracker for her:
(Felicity enters the Helix facility, but it's empty and abandoned.)
Felicity: "Hello?"
Alena (appearing on computer screen): "Hey Felicity."
Felicity: "Hey. Where are you? Are you okay?"
Alena (on screen): "We're safe. Thank you for all of your help. But, here's the thing. Your connection to the Green Arrow and his team - it's a liability."
Felicity: "Yeah. Well, once we get Chase, he'll see all the good Helix can do."
Alena (on screen): "I'm sorry, but we just can't risk it. Especially not with Cayden back in the fold and A.R.G.U.S. looking for him. I loved getting to work with you. Meeting your heroes - turns out it's not so bad after all. Oh, we left something for you. Look down. Up a little bit. A little bit to the right."
Felicity: "Oh! This? (Picks up envelope) What is it?" (Takes out flash drive device)
Alena (on screen): "It's some on-the-fly coding from Mr. James. Told you he was the best that ever was. Take care, Felicity."
Felicity: "Yeah, you too."

519 (Dangerous Liaisons) – Felicity uses the biometric tracker to discover that Chase is at the Arrow Bunker:
(Felicity enters the Arrow Bunker and goes to her computer to insert a flash drive.)
Oliver: "Is that it?"
Felicity: "Yep."
Oliver: "James' magic tracker to find Chase?"
Felicity: "Biometric tracker. Yes."
Oliver: "Nobody from A.R.G.U.S. was seriously injured. In case you were wondering."
Felicity: "Helix froze me out. It's over."
Oliver: "Sorry."
Felicity: "Thought you were never going to lie to me again."
Oliver: "Not lying. I'm sorry. I know that they gave you a sense of belonging that maybe I haven't -"
Felicity: "No. You didn't back my play."
Oliver: "I - I - I was worried."
Felicity: "You don't trust me. After all these years, all the times I supported you - even when I didn't agree - you couldn't do the same for me."
(Oliver struggles to say something, but something beeps on the computer.)
Oliver: "What's that?"
Felicity: "Tracker's honing in on Chase's location."
Oliver: "Where is he?"
Felicity: "Chase. He's here."
(Something explodes. Oliver and Felicity are thrown back from the computer console.)

Edited by tv echo