Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Where are the now? Brittani and Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, hoosiermom said:

She didn't hear one damn word he said.

Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman strikes again. This deluded hag has all the answers. She doesn't need anything...like reality.

• Love 9

Yes, she already knows everything and was able to skip medical school and go straight to practicing medicine.

Ummm, no bitch.  That's why your son is an unhealthy, gross mess.  And she's not far behind him.  Ugh.

• Love 7
Just now, Carrie said:

It seems to me a whole family must get healthier and more conscious about diet in order for these individual patients to have a prayer of long-term success.

Easier said than done. My long term boyfriend and family are big eaters (boyfriend eats a lot of junk and drinks a lot of Coke) but don't have weight problems.  At work they are always bringing in goodies too, in fact they will reward us with food. So for me when I try to eat healthier I just have to put blinders on to everybody else. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Michael Stabosz said:

People are being really rough on Sean's mother.  She loves her son.  She smothers him, sure, but it comes from the best of intentions.  I'm glad Dr. Paradise is able to be kind and empathetic unlike Dr. Now or everyone else here.

That is not love.  Love is action. Love is doing what you have to do even when you don't want to do it because it is what's best for what you love.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 20
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Easier said than done. My long term boyfriend and family are big eaters (boyfriend eats a lot of junk and drinks a lot of Coke) but don't have weight problems.  At work they are always bringing in goodies too, in fact they will reward us with food. So for me when I try to eat healthier I just have to put blinders on to everybody else. 

That is what you have to do...no one bending your elbow but you!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Michael Stabosz said:

People are being really rough on Sean's mother.  She loves her son.  She smothers him, sure, but it comes from the best of intentions.  I'm glad Dr. Paradise is able to be kind and empathetic unlike Dr. Now or everyone else here.

I think it may be important to have a "good cop, bad cop" strategy here.  Someone needs to be hard on her (Dr. Now) and then there is someone else who needs to gently guide her (Dr. Paradise) to modify her behavior.  Just my two cents:)

• Love 8

The therapy visits are by far the most interesting for me. Well, that and Dr. Now ripping someone a new one who desperately needs it. And not in the surgical suite.

• Love 17

Damn, trying to catch up here. Had to go stir the sauce a la Goodfellas!

Sorry to see Brittani gained weight.

Oh looky, Dr. Paradise!

Watch what you eat Sean? It ain't the watching, it's the EATING!

Edited by DC Gal in VA
  • Love 4

Do you really want to lose weight Sean? Because that would mean getting a job, paying some bills, being a responsible member of society.

Its probably easier to just stay in bed and let mom handle it all, isn't it?

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

Why is that mother carrying such a huge backpack? What the hell can she be schlepping around in that monstrosity? Holy moly, she could lose 25 lbs. if she dumped that thing! Ever hear of a modestly sized purse, lady?

Turkey legs

• Love 21

I'm frustrated with Sean's mother too, but she is clearly not conscious of herself; she lacks personal insight.  Both of them are instant gratifiers: their world is so small, their challenges so singular; and their reward system so limited - that food becomes the "go to" whenever they experience a hint of distress.

Edited by Carrie
Typo
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Michael Stabosz said:

That is NOT love. She is using her own son as a means to get attention and sympathy and "love" for herself. When you love someone, you don't harm them. She is forcing him to live in misery and pain so that she has the perpetual baby she wants.

Some Munchausen mothers secretly kill their own children in order to get the attention and sympathy that such a loss brings - until they're found out. That's the road Sean's mother is on. 

Please don't say she "loves" her son. She loves no one but her own sick self.

• Love 22
1 minute ago, Pers said:

Some of you guys may remember that I had a gastric sleeve done last May/2016 - I've lost 137 pounds in 11 months. I have some extra skin, but I'm lucky that my weight was kind of all over and I'm quite tall (5'10"). At first, I was quite gung ho about getting skin surgery, but after watching "Skin Tight" and all the complications that can arise, I think I'm going to just stick with what I've got. I'm doing yoga 2x/week and aquafit 2x/week to try and tighten things up. I understand Britani's wish for skin removal and I'm so glad she's gotten approved!

I do remember that, Pers...keep it up!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Damn, trying to catch up here. Had to go stir the sauce a la Goodfellas!

I knew I liked you, that's one of my favorite movies. It made me kind of wish I had an Italian mother to make me that homemade "gravy" (sauce). ;)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, 55Unicorns said:

I do remember that, Pers...keep it up!

Thanks 55Unicorns and Hoosiermom! :) I'm really happy with my journey this past year. It's been life changing! :)

Edited by Pers
wordz
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, MGodfrey said:

Mama Munchausen agrees with the doctors when they give her the lowdown then totally dismisses their orders. She's pathological.

This one is just like the Half-Ton Teen's mom (can't recall his name.) She would be extremely deferential and a total suck-up to Dr. Now, but then turn around and ignore everything he said. Sean's mom did the same thing to Dr. Paradise.

And yes, I want Dr. Paradise to have his own show, too!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, okerry said:

That is NOT love. She is using her own son as a means to get attention and sympathy and "love" for herself. When you love someone, you don't harm them. She is forcing him to live in misery and pain so that she has the perpetual baby she wants.

Some Munchausen mothers secretly kill their own children in order to get the attention and sympathy that such a loss brings - until they're found out. That's the road Sean's mother is on. 

Please don't say she "loves" her son. She loves no one but her own sick self.

Spot on O'Kerry!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Go Brittani! I'm so excited for her. She knew she slipped up, acknowledged the fact that she was responsible for her weight gain, and worked her butt off to fix it. Literally.

No blame. No excuses. She just got back on track and did the work. Love her!

• Love 10