Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, chloerose2 said:

Where is Chris Mastrianni?  Has not been with Lawrence like he was last season and I miss him.  Speaking of Lawrence why hasn't he been on as much?  I like the new guy who is huge and seems chill.  I DO like Beary cause he pretty!  But I want, no I demand, MORE Kevin Lawrence and Chris Mastrianni!!!  Also I want more at the yellow/blue notel motel!!  I actualy cheer out loud when I see those familiar doors.  My poor shih tzu woke up like WTF???

I have a great idea....one whole with just Richland County!!!

Mastrianni just returned from Europe with his wife.  I am hoping that he and Kev will be on tonight.  I miss those 2 when they are together and Lt. Curtis Wilson standing right there.  

BTW, I saw Lt. Danny Brown and the Live PD crew the other day.  

• Love 6

In addition to Kevin, Mastrianni and Wilson, I like Danny Brown. Kevin didn't get to say much last night - he needs time to warm up to the studio environment.

ETA: I wonder if politics are entering the decisions about who's on camera. Maybe some officers are jealous of those who are featured and want in on this. I assume the officers invited on set receive some kind of stipend.

Maybe some officers, such as Casey, want a break from being on camera. More and more of the public are trying to foil the cameras, which makes for less interesting TV.

I'm a bit wary of Flex's owner. He seems as if he's hard-core and comes off as condescending sometimes.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2

Season 1 of Live PD was so much better compared to now. We actually got to know the officers as people & learn what they’re  like & follow them.  They had so many Great Officers,James Casey,Poole, Tim Mohler, the officers from Greenville NC, and Washington. Kevin & Chris from Richland (still haven’t seen them on yet even though Kevin has been in the studio) 

Now they just have Random Officers & cities every night.  And it’s starting to feel like a 3 hour long episode of cops.

I like how they are doing the Missing Person Segments now and really hope it gives the victims families closure & answers,but most importantly their loves ones home if they are still out there. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 8

I have the tonight’s show on again for background noise while I read  (this show is good for that because it’s long) and Dan just said “Officer Kevin just pulled someone over it looks like.... a person” and I couldn’t stop laughing.  He’s so awkward sometimes.

• Love 7

What killed me about last night's episode was the discovery of the 20 pounds of neatly wrapped one-pound packages of weed.  They were stored in two easy to carry, 10 pound duffel bags.  So what does he do?  He counts them (of course) and THEN places them in this unwieldy plastic garbage bag and ties it with a twist tie!  He can barely get it back into the cargo space!  I was LOL!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Brattinella said:

What killed me about last night's episode was the discovery of the 20 pounds of neatly wrapped one-pound packages of weed.  They were stored in two easy to carry, 10 pound duffel bags.  So what does he do?  He counts them (of course) and THEN places them in this unwieldy plastic garbage bag and ties it with a twist tie!  He can barely get it back into the cargo space!  I was LOL!

He should be pulled over for an obstructed view and given a ticket.

• Love 3

Yeah, I miss the guys from Mission TX and Greenville...but I heard Greenville will be back on in a few weeks, hopefully with more smackdown fights at racin' night. 

Does it simultaneously irritate and amuse anyone else that Leverett calls Flex's ball reward a "giftie"? Mr. Kittyglitter now throws toy mice to our cats and says "Go find your giftie!" simply to annoy me now.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, kittyglitter said:

Yeah, I miss the guys from Mission TX and Greenville...but I heard Greenville will be back on in a few weeks, hopefully with more smackdown fights at racin' night. 

Does it simultaneously irritate and amuse anyone else that Leverett calls Flex's ball reward a "giftie"? Mr. Kittyglitter now throws toy mice to our cats and says "Go find your giftie!" simply to annoy me now.

I hate when leverette calls it "giftie." He annoys me in general, so everything he does gets on my nerves. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Hero said:

I hate when leverette calls it "giftie." He annoys me in general, so everything he does gets on my nerves. 

I’m not a K9 Officer and I have no idea what’s right or not for a K9  and I know I   don’t see how flex reacts on a daily basis on other calls,But from watching him on PD flex seems more like a House dog to me rather then a K9 Police dog. He’s hyper,He doesn’t take commands, he’s too focused on that ball to even search for drugs most of the time. Leverette always has to show him where the drugs are,and then Flex gives up looking because of wanting the ball. He reminds me of my mother in laws lab who goes nuts if someone has his ball and constantly wants playtime. A lot of the other K9’s on Live Pd seem to be more serious (can dogs be serious? Lol) they go straight to the drugs without any help,they seem more focused 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 6

Woah, first time I've been impressed by a k9 on this show. Yogi was on ON IT. Nice to see a dog clearly doing his job. I don't fault him for loosing the scent, it happens, but damn it was clear someone actually trained that dog.

Edited to add: OH shit, Yogi lead them right to the area! GO, YOGI, GO!  I am so pleased.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 5

Can someone explain why multiple officers have released traffic stops where the offenders are lacking;

1.) valid drivers license

2.) valid insurance

3.) valid registration 

4.) plate that matches vehicle to which its registered 

I just watched a traffic stop tonight in El Paso where the driver didn't have a license, didn't have insurance, had two warrants, and had plates that expired nearly a year ago and the officer let the lady go without as much as a ticket!!!

As a tax paying citizen who always has all of the above items in-check I'm outraged that this type of nonsense is going on! This is exactly why my auto insurance rates are so high!

A vehicle should be automatically impounded if it doesn't have active registration and insurance ..... no exceptions! Why are they being let go? What is the point of me paying my registration and insurance if others are allowed to drive for free? 

Edited by surveyandprotect1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, surveyandprotect1 said:

As a tax paying citizen who always has all of the above items in-check I'm outraged that this type of nonsense is going on! This is exactly why my auto insurance rates are so high!

I agree 100%.  The only reason I can think of is: El Paso.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, surveyandprotect1 said:

Can someone explain why multiple officers have released traffic stops where the offenders are lacking;

1.) valid drivers license

2.) valid insurance

3.) valid registration 

4.) plate that matches vehicle to which its registered 

I just watched a traffic stop tonight in El Paso where the driver didn't have a license, didn't have insurance, had two warrants, and had plates that expired nearly a year ago and the officer let the lady go without as much as a ticket!!!

A vehicle should be automatically impounded if it doesn't have active registration and insurance ..... no exceptions! Why are they being let go? What is the point of me paying my registration and insurance if others are allowed to drive for free? 

What really got me is that earlier in the same episode they pulled a male over, who was alone, who had no license, no registration and no insurance BUT didn't have traffic warrants and they arrested him and impounded his car. Yet this lady, who is knowingly breaking the law with her children in the car, is released without any form of citation whatsoever. Seriously?!? All they did is show a car full of kids that it's A-OK to knowingly disobey the law without consequences, as long as you drag your kids along. Wow. 

Means for those asking about Mastrianni, apparently he has scrubbed his social medias of any identifying factors of where he and his family frequent. Wondering if he got way more attention than he wanted from the "car chase" heard round the world. 

• Love 3
On October 28, 2017 at 9:55 AM, pasdetrois said:

In addition to Kevin, Mastrianni and Wilson, I like Danny Brown. Kevin didn't get to say much last night - he needs time to warm up to the studio environment.

ETA: I wonder if politics are entering the decisions about who's on camera. Maybe some officers are jealous of those who are featured and want in on this. I assume the officers invited on set receive some kind of stipend.

Maybe some officers, such as Casey, want a break from being on camera. More and more of the public are trying to foil the cameras, which makes for less interesting TV.

I'm a bit wary of Flex's owner. He seems as if he's hard-core and comes off as condescending sometimes.

If I'm not mistaken, Trooper Casey actually received a promotion. 

Denver Leverette is beyond annoying and his handling of his dog infuriates me at best. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, 00redsvt said:

What really got me is that earlier in the same episode they pulled a male over, who was alone, who had no license, no registration and no insurance BUT didn't have traffic warrants and they arrested him and impounded his car. Yet this lady, who is knowingly breaking the law with her children in the car, is released without any form of citation whatsoever. Seriously?!? All they did is show a car full of kids that it's A-OK to knowingly disobey the law without consequences, as long as you drag your kids along. Wow. 

Means for those asking about Mastrianni, apparently he has scrubbed his social medias of any identifying factors of where he and his family frequent. Wondering if he got way more attention than he wanted from the "car chase" heard round the world. 

His twitter account is still active and posting the normal stuff on it.  He was out of the Criminal Justice Academy on Friday giving a talk to the students.  

I wish he and Kevin were on together again.  With or without the cameras, he is still doing the same job.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, 00redsvt said:

Yeah that officer was pissing me off last night. 

The guy he stopped earlier who had paper plates that were unreadable because of the “car wash” let him go as well & then the guy almost hits another car as he pulls out. He should have pulled his ass back over. 

He didn’t want to take any action because she has kids in the car & they were eating McDonald’s.  Who freaking cares,she’s breaking the law. She’s a mother with no liscense,registration,no insurance,expired plates. Plus she’s feeding her kids McDonald’s at 11 pm, chances are she’s not a good mother.  

It leaves me with a bad impression of that officer,is he too lazy to do the paper work? Ridiculous. 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, iluvobx said:

His twitter account is still active and posting the normal stuff on it.  He was out of the Criminal Justice Academy on Friday giving a talk to the students.  

I wish he and Kevin were on together again.  With or without the cameras, he is still doing the same job.

Oh, no, I know he's still active and still has the same job, I just think he may have gotten more attention from this show than he bargained for and may have requested to not appear on camera anymore. I definitely miss the dynamic he and KLaw brought to the show and I can't seem to connect with any of the officers on the same level . It's just not as fun to watch as it was last season. I didn't mean anything nefarious by my previous post about him, apologies if it came off that way. 

30 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Yeah that officer was pissing me off last night. 

The guy he stopped earlier who had paper plates that were unreadable because of the “car wash” let him go as well & then the guy almost hits another car as he pulls out. He should have pulled his ass back over. 

He didn’t want to take any action because she has kids in the car & they were eating McDonald’s.  Who freaking cares,she’s breaking the law. She’s a mother with no liscense,registration,no insurance,expired plates. Plus she’s feeding her kids McDonald’s at 11 pm, chances are she’s not a good mother.  

It leaves me with a bad impression of that officer,is he too lazy to do the paper work? Ridiculous. 

I missed the near accident. I am just still bamboozled by letting that woman leave without consequence. What if she would've hit me? Would it have then been solely my responsibility to pay for my repairs since she didn't have the proper insurance? Stuff like that just pisses me off!!! 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

Plus she’s feeding her kids McDonald’s at 11 pm, chances are she’s not a good mother.  

Maybe that was all she could afford.  Not everybody knows how to cook.  

The car still should have been impounded; then again if more cities had a better public transportation system a lot of this nonsense wouldn't happen.

• Love 2

I would very much enjoy punching Officer Leveritt in the face and then kneeing him in the crotch.

He's the biggest asshole of them all and every time he pulls someone over I am rooting for the person in the car to make a fool out of him. He strikes me as the type of guy who was bullied as a kid and has now turned into the bully himself.

Not cool, not cool at all. If made a drinking game of how often he asked the same question at the start of this episode, I'd be drunk.

Just search him if you're so sure he's hiding drugs. Good lord.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 8
Just now, rideashire said:

I would very much enjoy punching Officer Leveritt in the face and then kneeing him in the crotch.

He's the biggest asshole of them all and every time he pulls someone over I am rooting for the person in the car to make a fool out of him.

Me too.

He really comes across like a hot headed disgusting human being who doesn't know how to handle a police dog. 

While I'm here I'll post this which is better late then never...

• Love 3

Also wondering why they pulled over this biker in pasco county. He was minding his business just rolling down the street. Was on the side of the road as he should be.

It's hard not to believe there isn't targeting going on. If I was riding a bike, as the small blonde woman I am, they'd drive right past me and I can say that because it's happened. I've biked at night with my dog and had cops zoom by and actually fucking wave.

But they see a man like him, poorly dressed, probably in a bad part of town and clearly down on his luck and they see an easy target for warrants and drugs. Not for the first time it leaves me feeling like that's very unfair.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rideashire said:

He's the biggest asshole of them all and every time he pulls someone over I am rooting for the person in the car to make a fool out of him. He strikes me as the type of guy who was bullied as a kid and has now turned into the bully himself.

Not cool, not cool at all. If made a drinking game of how often he asked the same question at the start of this episode, I'd be drunk.

Just search him if you're so sure he's hiding drugs. Good lord.

1000% !!!

World class asshole.

On another note, someone I know met Officer/Deputy Casey in Phoenix the other day.   They said he was nice and posed for pics.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe that was all she could afford.  Not everybody knows how to cook.  

The car still should have been impounded; then again if more cities had a better public transportation system a lot of this nonsense wouldn't happen.

If that’s all that she can afford then fine but feeding them dinner at 11 PM isn’t good. 

Public transportation has nothing to do with it. You have a lot of selfish drivers, a ton of drivers out there who don’t use common sense when they’re driving,they speed. They run lights,they cut people off,they don’t use any of their signals ever,simply because they don’t care about anyone they are thinking about themselves and worried about how fast they can get to their destination. 

• Love 8

I was rooting for the guy who Leverett insisted had something worse than weed, and was thrilled when weed was all they found. What a pompous, porcine little troll. I've also noticed that he acts like he's doing people a giant favor when he rhetorically says "Does that seem fair to you? MORE than fair?" He has said that so many times I've lost count. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, kittyglitter said:

I was rooting for the guy who Leverett insisted had something worse than weed, and was thrilled when weed was all they found. What a pompous, porcine little troll. I've also noticed that he acts like he's doing people a giant favor when he rhetorically says "Does that seem fair to you? MORE than fair?" He has said that so many times I've lost count. 

SO TRUE!  What a hateful human being he is!  I hope he reads here!

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, kittyglitter said:

I’m so tired of hearing how “fair” he is. Knock it off. Saying crap like that is why people don’t like dealing with cops. Not to mention his traffic stops always last way longer then they should because he has to always make it a point that he’s the boss.

Plus his accent is too much. 

Seems like a lot of us here dislike him where as people on Reddit love him. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

1000% !!!

World class asshole.

On another note, someone I know met Officer/Deputy Casey in Phoenix the other day.   They said he was nice and posed for pics.

Asshole is putting it nicely, IMO. 

1 hour ago, kittyglitter said:

I get so annoyed because I have this irrational dislike for some dude on TV I don't even know. Anytime (which is everytime) he continuously asks the same repetitive question, I'm always so hopeful that the people being asked are honest and that he will never find anything. Sadly, I'm proven wrong the majority of the time, which also gives a tiny bit of credence to why he acts the way he does. It's so annoying! 

56 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

SO TRUE!  What a hateful human being he is!  I hope he reads here!

I am thankful he will be in studio next week so that I won't have to mute as many segments. I can't help it but anytime he is on screen, repetitively asking the same set of questions five thousand times, i hit the mute button. I'm hoping with him being in studio, there will be less opportunities for him to repeat the same phrase until my ears bleed. 

28 minutes ago, Hellohappylife said:

I’m so tired of hearing how “fair” he is. Knock it off. Saying crap like that is why people don’t like dealing with cops. Not to mention his traffic stops always last way longer then they should because he has to always make it a point that he’s the boss.

Plus his accent is too much. 

Seems like a lot of us here dislike him where as people on Reddit love him. 

The first paragraph of your post perfectly sums up why I can't stand him. He turns a 10-15 minute situation into an hour long ordeal just because he needs everyone to know that he's got the biggest measuring stick at the party. He also seems to play up his accent depending on how the situation is going. He's all "southern gentleman" when he's in control, but as soon as your not cowering at his every word, he's not nearly as southern or gentlemanly. Lord knows I couldn't do what any of these folks do, but come on, no need to be a jerk 24/7! 

• Love 5
On 10/7/2017 at 9:36 PM, surveyandprotect1 said:

Did anyone catch it?

10/7 (Saturday) episode.

They cut to Pinal County AZ at 9:22 EST. Officer Jackson Deiner is talking to suspect in back of Tahoe.

Officer states that "all the neighbors are out watching on a beautiful FRIDAY night" and the camera pans to show the street.

Problem is its not Friday and the suspect disagreed with the fact that the neighbors were watching him but not the fact that its not Friday.

I had to replay on the DVR to make sure I heard it correctly.

There was no notice of this being a recorded segment from "earlier".... better yet they cut back the supposed live scene later to follow up.

First night for Pinal County on the show.

Another strike against the show being live.

eing live.

I know this is old, but in defense of Live PD being live: I'm watching this episode right now and have rewatched that part several times. At first it was hard to hear every word because the officer kind of mumbles & talks fast, plus the suspect keeps interrupting.

I listened a few times,  put my headphones on to listen again, then checked CC to double check.

The officer says, "They were out here before I even g... (the suspect once again interrupts for a second, then the  officer continues)...They were out here before I even got here, okay." 

When I heard it the first few times with no headphones and no CC, it did sound like he said "beautiful Friday night", but I think that's because he mumbles at one point and runs his words together. 

The headphones really helped clarify. 

• Love 1

Levertte totally plays up it up for the camera. He's an asshole and dials it up to 100 when being filmed. I have to fast forward whenever I watch him,  because he is so smug. 

He's the reason why a lot of people dislike cops. He has to let you know that HE'S the boss, and if you prove him wrong or humiliate him, he's going to make your life miserable. 

I really hope they stop following him. 

• Love 10

YES to all of the above about Leveret.

I bet he is fuming when he had to let those guys go last night. 

What bothered me the most was how he got really excited about doing the 2nd search on the guy.  He was all amped up about it.  Then he tells (repeats a hundred times) about if the guy moves even once, game over.   WTF?   Who isn't going to move or flinch when some over eager creepy cop is all up in your private parts?  I would of been afraid for my life if I had been that guy at that point.  A guy like Leveret over reacts, we see it over and over again. And all for what? A minor pot bust.

That man did not deserve to be humiliated like that on live tv either.

He is the poster boy for who should NOT be a cop.

I won't be listening to him next week either.

I hope Flex bites him on air.

• Love 10

Hubby made me stop watching Live PD last night.  He is worried about my BP and having a stroke.  I get SO INTO everything, especially Leverett who shouldn't be wearing a badge and gun at all.  That poor guy who was manhandled FOREVER in his front pocket/crotch area, and he doesn't have a hope in hell of it stopping anytime soon.  He does love to be on camera, and drags it out.  Someone in the higher-ups needs to pay attention to us lowly mortals and get him some professional help or fire his sorry butt.

• Love 7

Oh great, Leverette next week. Ugh. I wonder if he's from KY - he has a very strong accent.
Flex does appear hyper, but I think it's partially due to how Leverette delays rewarding him while Leverette is narrating what Flex is doing. Leverette repeats himself and delays the reward, and poor Flex is jammed uncomfortably into those hot small spaces, thinking "I found it. Give me the DAMN KONG."

Also, I assume the cops are putting their K9s back into air-conditioned cars in the summer.

Last night we saw SIX cops detain ONE guy around a car. Waste of valuable resources. Surely overkill in this particular case - maybe for the cameras?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7

Leverette always makes these vague threats like" if you move, I  don't know what I'll do." He really needs to be taken off the streets and re schooled on how to be a police officer. 

The way he escalates simple traffic stops is unbelievable. The people he stops are nervous because he comes in guns a blazing. He's over eager and and practically salivating to find stuff on people. He likes to be the big man on campus and it shows. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Oh great, Leverette next week. Ugh. I wonder if he's from KY - he has a very strong accent.
Flex does appear hyper, but I think it's partially due to how Leverette delays rewarding him while Leverette is narrating what Flex is doing. Leverette repeats himself and delays the reward, and poor Flex is jammed uncomfortably into those hot small spaces, thinking "I found it. Give me the DAMN KONG."

Honey I'm an Atlanta transplant living in deeeeeeeep eastern KY, and my accent isn't even that bad, lol. 

I thought the whole premise of the show was to follow officers while they do the job as if the cameras aren't there. Leverette needs to handle and reward his partner THEN mug it up for the cameras after he's done, QUIT stressing out Flex for unnecessary reasons!!!! 

I wonder if if there's any info out there about Leverette like there was about Sticks. Someone with heightened Google-fu should look into that. 

Edited by 00redsvt
The word means appears randomly in all my posts.
  • Love 4