Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E06: When It Rains, It Pours (Part 2)

• Start Topic

After receiving some troubling news about Kanye while in New York for the Angel Ball, Kim rushes home to his aid; Kendall worries that a bad review from Vogue could jeopardise her modelling career; Khloe clashes with Malika over priorities.

Malika should be embarrassed to be dating Ronnie from Jersey Shore?

Two words for you Khloe... "Lamar Odom" 

And so far Malika hasn't been dumb enough to.marry him.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 11

Kim didn't exactly run back to LA, she lounged around debating what she should do. 

And I  don't think.she was all that shocked to.get a call.like that..i think she was expecting it, only question was when it would come.

• Love 7

They went the entire episode with calling Kanye's psych hold and  breakdown a "situation" and without calling it what it was. I guess they couldn't or wouldn't speak the truth.

I understood where Kendall was coming from with being scared about the Vogue critique of the fashion line. It was her worlds colliding and Vogue hating the fashion line/Kardashian side could affect her real job modelling side.  Kris and Kylie didn't seem to get it.  

That was an interesting preview, Caitlyn and Kris at the spa together and then the book fall out. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Artsda said:

They went the entire episode with calling Kanye's psych hold and  breakdown a "situation" and without calling it what it was. I guess they couldn't or wouldn't speak the truth.

I understood where Kendall was coming from with being scared about the Vogue critique of the fashion line. It was her worlds colliding and Vogue hating the fashion line/Kardashian side could affect her real job modelling side.  Kris and Kylie didn't seem to get it.  

That was an interesting preview, Caitlyn and Kris at the spa together and then the book fall out. 

Kris and Caitlyn are two of a kind. They'll use each other to benefit themselves. And in the end neither really gives a shit about the impact on the kids they claim to love soooo much .

Watching Cait and Khloe sit there posturing and pursing their lips and making sure the camera caught their best "side", it was almost comical.

I'd love to read Vogues actual review of the line. There were lots of quotes around what Kendall had on her phone. I don't think it was that much of a rave review as they tried to.make it seem.

No way was Kanye's breakdown that much of a surprise to them. Just watching them listen to Kim when she got "the call",  none of them were shocked. 

I noticed Kim.made sure to announce how all Kanye's friends called to thank her for being there for him, just like everyone praised Khloe for standing by Lamar and saving his life. The competition between them is so obvious.

• Love 6

Malika should be embarrassed to be dating Ronnie from Jersey Shore?

Two words for you Khloe... "Lamar Odom" 

And so far Malika hasn't been dumb enough to.marry him.

This makes me laugh! I kept thinking someone is probably telling Tristan that he should be embarrassed that he is dating Khloe.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I thought they kept acting like Kanye was just overworked. I feel like most people who do not know Kanye felt that something was up. Hell, most of the people in this thread felt something was up. Then of course it turned into Saint Kim who has been through SO much.

• Love 4

Another poster said Kim knew this might happen it was just WHEN it was going to happen which is correct.

she said a few times, "I just got to New York and now I have to turn right around?"

her mom said, "in sorry you had to come all this way. I feel bad now" WHAT? sounds like they knew something was wrong and Kim left for New York anyway, and Kris trying to take the blame for encouraging her to go to NYC.

she says back to her mom (regarding leaving LA for NYC "I thought it was the right thing at the time"

Cries to assistant that she can't go to the Angel Ball. And she WAS crying over the PARTY.

all these snippets of conversation happened while she was bundled up on s couch or in bed. She didn't want to miss the ball. You know how much work was put into just getting her look together?

they knew if Kanye was being shipped off to the hospital and she was on the red carpet, the timeline would be discovered and the PR from that would be shameful. Not much shames them so Kanye must of been in bad shape.

I can't even hate on him for this, having your brain go off track is scary for everyone and when your brain gets sick its the same as any other part of your body getting sick.

• Love 5

The good ole Kardashian curse. Just when I thought Kanye was immune this happened.

old man Robert gets Cancer young and dies and losing him set off the entire Kardashian empire. If he had lived the girls would simply be the real housewives of Orange County socialites.

Lamar never starts getting traded onward to losing his job

addicted to drugs

strokes out almost dead embarrassed at a whore house 

Kirs Humpfries embarrasses himself on TV acting like a jerky boyfriend (hard throwing her in the water, not knowing she was married once before 72 day marriage. Wife getting pregnant while your still married.

Kanye bad fashion line, rapper turned stylist to reality star. That's so gangsta.

Rob and Scott I will do together. Super fake embarrassing fake stories on the show (you notice Lamar nor Reggie bush did those stupid fake scenes) Scott is the unemployed drunk and Rob is the unemployed fatty.

But the kicker is Olympian Bruce Jenner turning into s woman.

• Love 4

Kanye’s friend calls Kim crying & won’t tell her what’s wrong & she doesn’t know if she should go to where Kanye is? And then she won’t tell her family what’s wrong, just keep spinning the “he works too much” crap story.

9 minutes ago, Stephanie1216 said:

she said a few times, "I just got to New York and now I have to turn right around?"

her mom said, "in sorry you had to come all this way. I feel bad now" WHAT? sounds like they knew something was wrong and Kim left for New York anyway, and Kris trying to take the blame for encouraging her to go to NYC.

she says back to her mom (regarding leaving LA for NYC "I thought it was the right thing at the time"

I noticed that too, it sounded like they knew there was something wrong with Kanye, but Kim decided to go to NY anyway, & then he had his breakdown.

Malika finally got a life of her own even if it didn't last long, maybe she should tell Jonathan how to do it. Now she's back to living up Khloe's ass.

Like Vogue is going to give Kendall & Kylie's line a bad review, if Anna can support Kanye's "designs" she'll support theirs too. 

• Love 7

They had to have known something was wrong, before the ball. When she left he had the 2 cancelled concert rants within days and the cancellation of the entire rest of the tour within hours of her leaving. Then she got on a plane and the psychiatric hold happened during the same day as the ball. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

No way was Kanye's breakdown that much of a surprise to them. Just watching them listen to Kim when she got "the call",  none of them were shocked. 

I noticed Kim.made sure to announce how all Kanye's friends called to thank her for being there for him, just like everyone praised Khloe for standing by Lamar and saving his life. The competition between them is so obvious.

It wouldn't be odd for Kanye's friends to thank Kim, if they were separated and Kim's support wasn't necessarily a given.  Either way, shouldn't she be thanking them?  As good as the K clan is about showing appreciation for each other (endless parties, cars, on screen hug-out sessions) we rarely ever see them thank the little people for all they do.  Occasionally a twitter shout out, but that's about it.

Did anyone else think it was weird when Kris showed up in the doorway, just moments before Kim got "the call" and with the most serious tone asked everyone what they were drinking?  It isn't often that real $hit goes down while the cameras are rolling, but even when it does, everyone is sitting or standing around on their marks, strangely in different to the tone of voice of the person sitting next to them and just calmly waits for the end of the call and their que from an unseen producer, to speak.

• Love 5

So tired of Kris waxing poetic on the great Robert Kardashian Sr.  She shouldn't be allowed to speak about her wonderful, amazing late husband who, incidentally, she cheated on who knows how many times.  She only uses his name and memory when it makes her look good.

Why is Scott bringing dinner to Khloe in her bedroom?  That was completely random and also kind of creepy...Scott mumbling about how it's too early to eat while Khloe lounges on her bed, pursing her lips and stroking her hair.  So bizarre.

Kylie looks ridiculous.  Did I hear Kendall right, telling Kylie that she looks like a Bratz doll?  She totally does.

The rest of the show consisted of:

Kim: I'm drained.

Rest of Family: Yeah.

Kim: I'm so tired and drained.

Rest of Family: Yeah.

Zzzzzzzzzzz......

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12

Something I've always been curious about - how Kanye's megalomania and micromanagement seem to affect everyone else on the planet but not Kim, up until now.  I just don't see how he could be snatching trophies and $hitting on his biz partners in public and not be bossing Kim around 24/7 behind the scenes.  If he'd zip across the Atlantic to no-no her footwear, I can't imagine how many lectures she's gotten from him on parenting their own children, requests to dial her career down a hundred notches to focus on him.  Add Kanye's mental health issues to this, and it's no wonder Kim had spent a substantial amount of her marriage living with her Mom.  Kris was more sane housemate than Kanye!  Is that why they purchased such a crazy large mansion?  So they could each have their own wings to mostly avoid each other?

• Love 5

Are Kris and the rest of the Kardashian's that charitable? I do not really follow much about them outside of the show and what I read here. When Kris was giving her speech at the Angel Ball she was going on about how charitable they were, so I wondered if that was true.

8 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Something I've always been curious about - how Kanye's megalomania and micromanagement seem to affect everyone else on the planet but not Kim, up until now.  I just don't see how he could be snatching trophies and $hitting on his biz partners in public and not be bossing Kim around 24/7 behind the scenes.  If he'd zip across the Atlantic to no-no her footwear, I can't imagine how many lectures she's gotten from him on parenting their own children, requests to dial her career down a hundred notches to focus on him.  Add Kanye's mental health issues to this, and it's no wonder Kim had spent a substantial amount of her marriage living with her Mom.  Kris was more sane housemate than Kanye!  Is that why they purchased such a crazy large mansion?  So they could each have their own wings to mostly avoid each other?

I think it affected Kim big time. She had two miserable pregnancies and he was barely around for either of them. I think Kourtney and probably Khloe have seen signs of major problems. The Cuba trip and his interactions with Kourtney were really awkward. The whole situation with the houses and the endless remodeling? Major red flag. His crazy reaction to Kylie's Puma deal? She's dealt with it for a long time. But as long as they could spin it as a mad genius thing, she put up with it. The concert canceling, and the nutty rants against Jay Z? That's the shit she can't deal with. 

All the talk about how he had to step up and take care of everything, the kids and Kim etc, while she recuperated from the robbery? They have a million assistants and gofers, along with nannies etc. what did he have to do but hold her hand? How could she even consider another kid, if all this pressure is too much for him? Hes that fragile, but she under goes a surgery (no sign of him around) and contemplates having a third "high risk" pregnancy, that could result in her death, if we believe her. She thinks it's sooooo important for her two kids to have another sibling, but what good is that if their father can't handle the strain of single parenthood?

I think her tears are all about her. How her fabulous life, isn't so fabulous. Her mad genius husband isn't a genius, only a guy with mental issues. And she's trapped. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, iwasish said:

All the talk about how he had to step up and take care of everything, the kids and Kim etc, while she recuperated from the robbery?

What was funny about that comment was the fact after the robbery he went back out on tour, she stayed in LA.  So what was he taking care of?  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

I think it affected Kim big time. She had two miserable pregnancies and he was barely around for either of them. I think Kourtney and probably Khloe have seen signs of major problems. The Cuba trip and his interactions with Kourtney were really awkward. The whole situation with the houses and the endless remodeling? Major red flag. His crazy reaction to Kylie's Puma deal? She's dealt with it for a long time. But as long as they could spin it as a mad genius thing, she put up with it. The concert canceling, and the nutty rants against Jay Z? That's the shit she can't deal with. 

All the talk about how he had to step up and take care of everything, the kids and Kim etc, while she recuperated from the robbery? They have a million assistants and gofers, along with nannies etc. what did he have to do but hold her hand? How could she even consider another kid, if all this pressure is too much for him? Hes that fragile, but she under goes a surgery (no sign of him around) and contemplates having a third "high risk" pregnancy, that could result in her death, if we believe her. She thinks it's sooooo important for her two kids to have another sibling, but what good is that if their father can't handle the strain of single parenthood?

I think her tears are all about her. How her fabulous life, isn't so fabulous. Her mad genius husband isn't a genius, only a guy with mental issues. And she's trapped. 

Kim is no more “trapped” now than when she was married to Kris H. She is fabulously, independently wealthy and could and would dump Kanye in a moment if it suited her. I do not see her in any way as a helpless victim. A potentially overwhelmed single parent?? Come on, let‘s get real here. She has paid nannies to help raise her props, er, kids.

So Kourtney and Khloe see major red flags with Kanye, but not with their own dysfunctional relationships??! WTH? I just love how all the women in this family have myopic vision regarding their own pathetic relationship issues but 20/20 clarity when they dole out advice (for storylines, of course) to their sisters, mother or friends. The one family member who genuinely needed their concern and advice was their vulnerable, misguided baby sister Kylie, who is still only 19 and has been bought, sold and exploited since she was 11-years-old for the almighty Kardashian-Jenner dollar. She is the only victim in this whole family that I see, certainly not narcissistic, cold-hearted Kim. And I doubt most people would even try to frame Kim as a sympathetic character in this farce were it not for an even stronger hatred for Kanye, who at least is trying to finally acknowledge and deal with his psychological/psychiatric issues. And no, I would not like to have a husband who is suffering from megalomania or who was trying to control or micromanage me. But I believe Kanye does love Kim and really, what other husband would have been able to get the least attention from self-absorbed, conceited, fame whore Kim?

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

What was funny about that comment was the fact after the robbery he went back out on tour, she stayed in LA.  So what was he taking care of?  

Kanye was contracted to fulfill his concert dates. Unlike some of the familiar hangers-on in this crew, he does earn his own money. He left the stage immediately after hearing of Kim's robbery. As traumatizing as the robbery was, Kim was not physically injured and was almost immediately filming and "enhancing" herself via cosmetic surgery, so what would have been the purpose of his hanging around LA to hold her hand?

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So based on Kanye's issues with mental health, Kim will certainly recant the awful things she said about her own brother's struggles with mental illness.  Right?

Hee! Well, from what they were spinning last night was that Kanye is just so overworked and needs time off, nothing about mental illness. So Kim can keep saying horrible things about Rob's issues.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

Kim is no more “trapped” now than when she was married to Kris H. She is fabulously, independently wealthy and could and would dump Kanye in a moment if it suited her. I do not see her in any way as a helpless victim. A potentially overwhelmed single parent?? Come on, let‘s get real here. She has paid nannies to help raise her props, er, kids.

So Kourtney and Khloe see major red flags with Kanye, but not with their own dysfunctional relationships??! WTH? I just love how all the women in this family have myopic vision regarding their own pathetic relationship issues but 20/20 clarity when they dole out advice (for storylines, of course) to their sisters, mother or friends. The one family member who genuinely needed their concern and advice was their vulnerable, misguided baby sister Kylie, who is still only 19 and has been bought, sold and exploited since she was 11-years-old for the almighty Kardashian-Jenner dollar. She is the only victim in this whole family that I see, certainly not narcissistic, cold-hearted Kim. And I doubt most people would even try to frame Kim as a sympathetic character in this farce were it not for an even stronger hatred for Kanye, who at least is trying to finally acknowledge and deal with his psychological/psychiatric issues. And no, I would not like to have a husband who is suffering from megalomania or who was trying to control or micromanage me. But I believe Kanye does love Kim and really, what other husband would have been able to get the least attention from self-absorbed, conceited, fame whore Kim?

Kanye was contracted to fulfill his concert dates. Unlike some of the familiar hangers-on in this crew, he does earn his own money. He left the stage immediately after hearing of Kim's robbery. As traumatizing as the robbery was, Kim was not physically injured and was almost immediately filming and "enhancing" herself via cosmetic surgery, so what would have been the purpose of his hanging around LA to hold her hand?

Trapped in the sense that a third failed marriage, and the possible public perception that she was dumping him because of his issues wouldn't look good for Kim. Kanye not only went back on tour, he extended it. We never get the real story about anything that goes on. Was Kim was truly that unstrung over the robbery, if so, that sounds pretty cold. If she was just taking a calculated break and wasn't fazed by his absence or if she was actually glad he was gone, maybe because his issues were escalating, that speaks volumes..

Kim doesn't strike me as the type that wants to deal with anything that is outside the plan she has for her life.

Problem pregnancies and a husband with issues weren't something she envisioned for herself, and from all.her comments about how exhausted she is and how she's stressed out, her main concern is apparently herself.

• Love 3

For all the actual stuff these people have going on, I find this season to be boring.

Also maybe I am naive but I'm surprised with how much Kim is in this season. Only because didn't she take a break from shooting for this season? She was on less the episodes of the season when she had North and she would only pop up in one or two scenes an episode.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Exactly what procedure did Kimmy have on her uterus?

I don't think she had any procedure. At least nothing to do with her getting pregnant again. 

• Love 1

Kim and Kanye obviously don't live together. Their careers excuse them from having to be around each other 90% of the time. Their two personal crises had the other one fly in from the other coast or to/from Europe. 10-15% percent of the year they maybe spend together, and I bet Kris is always around to do an expert ego stroke on Kanye when he arrives and leaves. 

He's an icon of some sort, and so is she. They give each other status. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

His making his own money and fulfilling concerts isn't the point though. It's Kim saying how he had to step up and take care of the kids and her and everything while she recovered from the robbery. 

Yet she was home in LA, she was filming, she had the kids with her, she was at the house. He was out on tour, so what was he doing to step up? It was clearly something she made up to make it seem like the robbery put so much on his plate he became "exhausted" and needed to rest which is the spin they're trying to go for instead of the truth.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Artsda said:

His making his own money and fulfilling concerts isn't the point though. It's Kim saying how he had to step up and take care of the kids and her and everything while she recovered from the robbery. 

Yet she was home in LA, she was filming, she had the kids with her, she was at the house. He was out on tour, so what was he doing to step up? It was clearly something she made up to make it seem like the robbery put so much on his plate he became "exhausted" and needed to rest which is the spin they're trying to go for instead of the truth.

And now she's "exhausted" dealing with him and his problems. She's not getting enough sleep.and has to fake being normal around the kids.its exhausting being a spouse and having to do spouslly things.

So the Angel Ball is honoring someone who died more than a decade ago for his supposed philanthropy? Did he leave millions to charity? Or was it all about getting the Kardashians to show up and toss a few dollars to the charity? Or did Kris make a.donation on order to get him honored.. And another way of showing up Caitlyn?

And would it have killed Khloe to cover her crotch? Just this once?

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

And now she's "exhausted" dealing with him and his problems. She's not getting enough sleep.and has to fake being normal around the kids.its exhausting being a spouse and having to do spouslly things.

So the Angel Ball is honoring someone who died more than a decade ago for his supposed philanthropy? Did he leave millions to charity? Or was it all about getting the Kardashians to show up and toss a few dollars to the charity? Or did Kris make a.donation on order to get him honored.. And another way of showing up Caitlyn?

And would it have killed Khloe to cover her crotch? Just this once?

The Angel ball raises money for cancer research and I think Robert Kardashian had donated in the past and the Kardashian family keeps up that legacy by throwing a few pennies ($250K) at them every year in exchange for them to put RK Sr's name on the program and allow the K Krew to hog the red carpet and strut on stage for a few minutes.  It's far from the "Robert Kardashian Angel Ball" that the K's PR team tries to make it out to be.

The screen capture of Khloe at the top of this week's recap - what is under her right boob?  Is that a scar?  It looks like one. 

I was thinking more about the kids' inheritance.  If RK was smart, he would have set up trust funds so the kids would get money but couldn't touch it until they were 25 or 30 when they would be a little more responsible about spending/investing it.  If so, Khloe can get away with saying she didn't get an inheritance on her father's death bed but would have come into the money right around the time she met Lamar. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Was that phone call to Kim a reenactment- couldn't tell if Kourtney was trying not to laugh or cry?

Yeah, she was so moved and concerned, Khloe and Kris also. 

And then for all Kim's tears earlier, she's lounging in bed, contemplating going home or to the Ball. As if it were a choice between sushi or salad for dinner. I got the feeling she wanted to stay in NYC but knew the press would rake her over the coals.

Sending Khloe off to Cleveland instead of having her come home for moral support.... Kim knew exactly what was wrong and didn't want too many around to witness it.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, iwasish said:

And then for all Kim's tears earlier, she's lounging in bed, contemplating going home or to the Ball. As if it were a choice between sushi or salad for dinner. I got the feeling she wanted to stay in NYC but knew the press would rake her over the coals.

Sending Khloe off to Cleveland instead of having her come home for moral support.... Kim knew exactly what was wrong and didn't want too many around to witness it.

This is exactly what I don't understand.  If I get a call that my husband is in the hospital, I'm dropping everything - especially if he was brought in on a 5150 - because that typically means they are a danger to themselves.  I get that you can't just summon a private jet in a minute, but she could have at least had them film her rushing around packing back up.  Or not film anything.  I don't know what really happened with Kanye, but I'm picturing him strapped down to a gurney screaming at invisible demons swirling around him while Kim glares into her magic 8 ball for advice whether to stay or leave NYC.  And then within a few days we get that hilarious press release about Kim spending all day by Kanye's side (like you can do that in a psych ward).   Even if she saw this coming (which she probably did) why did she go to NY in the first place?  What I keep coming back to is that they may have been temporarily separated, possibly had a big blow out over the robbery and that dumb Paris apartment Kanye bought just to keep up with the Carters, or jealousy over Bey having twins, or maybe he had a manic episode all over Kim and the kids and she was like "I'm outta here"....I just get the sense they were on a 'break' when Kanye had the meltdown, so she may have thought (or Kanye's doctors may have advised) that her rushing to his side immediately may make things worse.

• Love 4

Kim mentioned to Khloe that she hadn't even had her phone "for a few days" .  I guess from that we are to infer that it must have been a real crisis cause the only time other time she doesn't have her phone was after the robbery.

I agree that Kim going to NYC could have put him over the edge.  She didn't drop everything and head back to the airport,  she was laying in bed talking to her assistant on the phone and debating going to the Ball or home, I suspect her main reason for choosing to go back was the backlash from the press if she didn't .

• Love 2

Re:  Vogue's review of the Kendall and Kylie fashion line...

Happened back in early September, before fashion week, so not sure why they're lumping it into the Kanye meltdown episode.  The review wasn't even much of one, a couple of paragraphs, basically just mentioning the line exists, along with mention of Yeezy.  Oh, and Kendall happened to be on the cover of Vogue that month.  Convenient. 

The Jenners are the “creative forces” behind the brand; they prefer not to have official titles. If their hands aren’t getting dirty in the actual crafting of the clothes and accessories,

Spokesmodels.  Those are their official titles.  The only reason Kris wouldn't have sent someone from their marketing team or at least one of the designers along with Kendall and Kylie was that there was already an agreement on what would be mentioned in the article so the girls could have botched their presentation to no effect.

• Love 4
On 2017-04-17 at 1:43 AM, GaT said:

Kanye’s friend calls Kim crying & won’t tell her what’s wrong & she doesn’t know if she should go to where Kanye is? And then she won’t tell her family what’s wrong, just keep spinning the “he works too much” crap story.

I noticed that too, it sounded like they knew there was something wrong with Kanye, but Kim decided to go to NY anyway, & then he had his breakdown.

Malika finally got a life of her own even if it didn't last long, maybe she should tell Jonathan how to do it. Now she's back to living up Khloe's ass.

Like Vogue is going to give Kendall & Kylie's line a bad review, if Anna can support Kanye's "designs" she'll support theirs too. 

Reminds me I just watched "September Issue" Vogue documentary on Netflix and they show Wintour doing a complete 180, starting to value celebrities instead of art and fashion. They were saying how avant garde she was adapting to the times and focusing on the importance of celebrities on the cover and how she was ahead of her time.. /sigh poor Grace Coddington, started working for Vogue in 1958, she is such a talented artist and she was shafted a few times so that Wintour can focus on her celebrities. Glad she quit.

Edited by Phei
  • Love 4