Type keyword(s) to search

Marvelous Media for Mrs. Maisel

• Start Topic

Mrs. Maisel: Milo Ventimiglia's 'Handsome Man' Returning In Final Season For 'More Extensive' Encore

Exec producers Amy Sherman Palladino and Daniel Palladino confirm to TVLine exclusively that Ventimiglia — who appeared briefly in Season 4 as a passing lust interest for Rachel Brosnahan’s titular character — is returning in Season 5 for a far meatier stint.

“We will see a nice, more extensive Part 2 to ‘Milo and Rachel,'” Daniel Palladino declares. Asked if this means Ventimiglia’s character will get an actual name this time around, the EP confirms, “Yes, we’ll find out his name.”

• Love 1
On 5/28/2022 at 5:02 PM, shapeshifter said:

My parents never made brisket, so I haven't a clue if this is how it's done, but from the show's twitter feed:

FT3E2BGVIAAy6lQ?format=jpg&name=medium

Never made brisket!  I'm shocked.  Shocked.  This recipe is atypical in my experience, what with a bottle of spicy chili sauce and jellied cranberry sauce.  It reminds me of the recipe for grape jelly meatballs that someone posted on the recipe thread a couple of weeks ago.

A more typical Jewish brisket would be the same technique but with flavorings of wine or beer and beef broth as well as aromatics, not the sweet stuff.  You pretty much could do anything to a brisket and it would still be delicious, in the end.  I also love Ropa Vieja, which is a Cuban brisket dish with a tomato based sauce and red and green peppers and onions added. 

(edited)

Interesting enough, both Luke Kirby and Stephanie Hsu are not in the announced cast. I'm sure Lenny Bruce will make an appearance, but wondering about Mei with all the success Stephanie has with  EEAAO.

Edited by argrow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, argrow said:

Interesting enough, both Luke Kirby and Stephanie Hsu are not in the announced cast. I'm sure Lenny Bruce will make an appearance, but wondering about Mei with all the success Stephanie has with  EEAAO.

This season was filmed about a year ago.  EEAAO wasn't released until filming was well underway. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Visit to the set by the CBS Morning show. The main thing to me was how gorgeous and affectionate Marin Hinkle and Tony Shalhoub are together as their real selves. If I didn't know they were married to other people, I'd say they were the perfect couple.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Y’all should see the dress Rachel B wore to the Met Gala. !

I really didn't need to see that much.  It's really not attractive.

• Like 3

It would be a little shocking if she wore that to the Emmys or Golden Globes, but anything goes at the Met Gala so I'm not bothered by it. There were a lot of people there wearing crazy things.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 5/2/2023 at 1:29 PM, Suzn said:

I really didn't need to see that much.  It's really not attractive.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:42 PM, millennium said:

She looked cheap and obvious.

She was my choice for Worst Dressed of the evening. On the flip side, my choice for Best Dressed was her fellow Mrs. Maisel  co-star Stephanie Hsu. I loved her look. 

Screenshot_20230514_145014_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 3

Facebook has Mrs Maisel pics for last episode...Lenny is there. So happy!  https://www.facebook.com/MaiselTV/photos/a.791111544399395/2434701643373702?type=3&comment_id=256694007027967&reply_comment_id=3457807064532082&notif_id=1685055194443759&notif_t=comment_mention&ref=notif

Rachel has previously opened up about Lenny's tragic death - and admitted that she didn't want it to be shown on the show. She told The Hollywood Reporter: "I think it would be absolutely gutting for Midge. Lenny’s been her mentor and her hero. In so many ways, she’s modelled herself in her career after him. Even in intention when sometimes she’s wrong, as Lenny points out at the end, I just think she’d be absolutely gutted. And a big part of me hopes we never get there." 

14 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Emmy nominations for the show for Outstanding Comedy Series. Acting nominations for Rachel Brosnahan (Lead Actress), Alex Borstein (Supporting Actress) and Luke Kirby (Guest Actor). 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2023-emmys-nominations-nominees-list-1235533766/

Luke Kirby really brought Lenny to life — plus the memorable swoon-worthiness (Pedro Pascal has charisma, but Luke Kirby’s was the acting, IMO), but Sam Richardson gave such a 3-dimensional performance as a villain on Ted Lasso, that I’ll be satisfied if either win. But I haven’t seen The Bear, so I guess I’m just glad I don’t have to vote — kind of like it’s probably a good thing I’ve never had jury duty.