Type keyword(s) to search

Marvelous Media for Mrs. Maisel

• Start Topic

On 8/17/2019 at 12:02 PM, ProudMary said:

A very amusing Variety article about one woman's somewhat frustrating experience in trying to snag some of the promotional deals on Maisel Day in various L.A. locations.

My Mostly OK Maisel Day

Thanks for sharing that. As intriguing and cool as Maisel Day sounded, I assumed it would end up the way it did for the author. Good for her for getting as much accomplished as she did, and good for the other folks who stuck with it too.

Screen Actors Guild Award nominations:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series - Tony Shalhoub

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series - Alex Borstein

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series - Rachel Brosnahan

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

A clean studio version of Darius de Haas/"Shy Baldwin's" One Less Angel is now out. I think I prefer the broadcast version with the soldiers singing along.

Edited by Raja
On 7/18/2018 at 7:51 PM, OtterMommy said:

Yeah, that one seemed a little odd to me.  It was just Jane Lynch...being Jane Lynch.

I wish it was Jane Lynch being Jane Lynch. It was her strangled behind her "Sophie voice" - the primary distinguishing characteristic she chose for her off-stage persona. Outside costume and the rest, it's just the speaking voice and composed demeanor, nothing else. I don't know what the hell happened there.

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know that not all exercise has to be high impact aerobics but it's been amusing to me for three seasons that the women in Midge and Imogene's exercise class think that they're getting in shape by doing some of these exercises.

I realize people were smaller then, the obesity epidemic hadn't hit, and fast food was in its infancy, but would it have killed them to have a few people who were not quite so trim with great musculature? I mean in the exercise classes; I credit them with casting Susie and Sophie and Joel's mother and secretary as other than small.

• Love 1
On 12/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, wonderwoman said:

interesting conversation with tony shalhoub and michael zegen.

Thanks for the link to the article. It really helped explain what she's doing with Joel.  I can get behind a story that shows two exes evolving together in the sixties. I wish, though, that they would cool it with the plot lines that tease them getting back together like the Vegas remarriage. Yuck. 

Also, I thought they made Joel seem irredeemable in the first season what with stealing jokes, pimping his wife's brisket, and beating up on a drunken heckler, all of which made it hard to believe him as a sympathetic character. 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2019 at 8:00 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know that not all exercise has to be high impact aerobics but it's been amusing to me for three seasons that the women in Midge and Imogene's exercise class think that they're getting in shape by doing some of these exercises.

This the kind of exercise they would have done back then.  They didn't "invent" aerobics and more vigorous exercise programs until later in the 60s and 70s.  

• Love 2

20 Emmy Nominations for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!

Outstanding Comedy Series

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series
Luke Kirby

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series
Wanda Sykes

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Rachel Brosnahan

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Tony Shalhoub

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Sterling K. Brown

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Alex Borstein

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Marin Hinkle

Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Period or Fantasy Program (One hour or more)

Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series

Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (One Hour)

Outstanding Period Costumes

Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series (2 Nominations in this Category)
It's Comedy or Cabbage. Directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino
Marvelous Radio. Directed by Daniel Palladino

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Comedy Series

Outstanding Period and/or Character Hairstyling

Outstanding Period and/or Character Make-Up (Non-Prosthetic)

Outstanding Original Music & Lyrics
Strike Up the Band. Song Title: "One Less Angel"

Outstanding Music Supervision

Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama (One Hour)

Interestingly, no nominations for writing. 

Emmy Awards wins:

OUTSTANDING SOUND MIXING FOR A COMEDY OR DRAMA SERIES (ONE HOUR) - A Jewish Girl Walks Into The Apollo…
OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY FOR A SINGLE-CAMERA SERIES (ONE HOUR) - It’s Comedy Or Cabbage
OUTSTANDING MUSIC SUPERVISION - It’s Comedy Or Cabbage
OUTSTANDING PERIOD MAKEUP AND/OR CHARACTER MAKEUP (NON-PROSTHETIC) - It’s Comedy Or Cabbage

• Useful 2

Season 4  has started filming in NYC and the article speculates that we may see Season 4 in December 2021.  For being basically a puff piece it's a decent article with a lot of pictures from Rachel's Instagram.  No spoilers on the season, just confirmation that all of the regular cast are definitely coming back and none of the guest actors have posted anything one way or the other.  

• Love 4

Cinema Audio Society award!

TELEVISION SERIES – 1 HOUR

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: S3, Ep. 8 “A Jewish Girl Walks Into the Apollo…”

Production Mixer – Mathew Price
Re-Recording Mixer – Ron Bochar
Scoring Mixer – Stewart Lerman
ADR Mixer – David Boulton
Foley Mixer – George A. Lara

• Love 1

There are new teaser trailers that all have songs from Gypsy in them. Could this be a clue that the new season will start/be set during 1962? The teasers contain clips from the new season, so be warned. These clips contains spoilers for the season that starts next year.

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Love 1

February 18th!!!!!!!!!   Thank goodness for a show that isn't "Summer 2022" (Stranger Things) or "November 2022" (The Crown).  

Oops, forgot about Cobra Kai coming in late December of this year.  

But in general, the way they're stringing out these shows is driving me crazier than the pandemic already has. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I know people love their binge watching, but I'm glad this will be released two episodes a week over four weeks. More time to savour each episode and I don't feel like i have to marathon through the whole season in one weekend.

• Love 6

“'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' joins the '60s”   
Kate Feldman, New York Daily News 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-marvelous-mrs-maisel-joins-the-60s/ar-AAU8jPA 

Some insightful interviews with cast members who grew up in the 60s:

…Caroline Aaron, who plays Midge’s ex-mother-in-law, Shirley Maisel, tells of her mother’s friend realizing her own value. 

“She was almost in tears, and she said to me, ‘don’t ever do volunteer work. No matter what you do when you grow up, don’t ever volunteer. Make sure someone pays you for whatever work you do,’” 69-year-old Aaron told The News.

Rose, when the season kicks off, is getting her matchmaking business off the ground, a revolutionary idea for a woman whose business card for her entire life had read “daughter, sister, wife, mother.” Shirley, on the other hand, is less excited to branch out. “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” doesn’t make a judgment call on which woman is right.

“For Shirley, it’s going to be a real tug-of-war. I think she’s going to be dragged kicking and screaming into the new world,” Aaron told The News.

“I saw that when I was growing up among my mother’s friends, the ones that thought all of this women’s lib stuff was hooey and they should be dressed for dinner and they should wait on their husbands, they should put themselves second. And they thought there was nothing wrong with that. Shirley’s going to be one of the last ones to sign up because she likes her life.”

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

image.png.e6b03170fdb47f4116287f7273dbcfdc.png

Yes Midge and Lenny in past were smouldering too...less tension this time but still good. I forgot about the "maybe someday..before I'm dead " line at the end.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 3