Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

I don’t think her point was a good one, I think it was dumb.

so if I’m looking for a certain person and someone points at a small group of people and says “she’s over there, the brunette standing by the window” that’s not ok with Tori because even though she has long brown hair she’s offended if identified as a brunette because she’s more than that!! GMAFB 🙄

Zach and Tori are going off the rails with their stupidity this season, I wish they’d leave the show they’re boring as hell and ridiculous

• Love 7

Both Zach and Tori seem stunted in their maturity.  I don’t even like Matt, but the entitlement they show for his money is ridiculous.  It be bad enough if Zach were an only child, but I don’t understand why they think they should be getting some huge break on the farm because of the grandchildren, when Matt has 3 other kids, not that I think Matt or Amy owes their kids anything financially at this point.  

I mean it’s pretty likely Matt is going to need extensive medical care as he gets older.  Who’s going to pay for that? You’d think with 3 special needs kids, Zach and Tori would know medical care is expensive.  Not to mention whatever Zach has gone through himself. He has already bitched about the cost of health insurance, when he’s not grumbling about buying his dinner guests hot dogs.

I hope the majority of these gripes are show-driven, but Zach flat out said they couldn’t afford other properties in the area, maybe tell Tori to stop going to Disney World every 5 minutes and buying $200 jeans and save your money.  These 2 are a couple of goobers.

Unless Tori’s family is wealthy like Audrey’s, Zach and Tori are both lucky to have the show because Tori’s teaching salary and Zach’s paycheck as part-time stepstool salesman wouldn’t cut it for this lifestyle they’re trying to live.  They’d probably be struggling and fighting like Matt and Amy in the early days.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I mean it’s pretty likely Matt is going to need extensive medical care as he gets older.  Who’s going to pay for that?

I don't think Matt is obligated to sell the property to any of the kids at a cut rate. I do understand some (not all) of Zach and Tory's annoyance in that Matt never really says "This is about me and my potential health decline, I will need money." when he's going on to the public about why he's selling the farm. Matt always mentions how the kids didn't step up to work, and how the kids want it too cheap. He never hesitates to air the dirty laundry and throw his kids undeer the bus. Its always Matt doing his best to get them to accept his super cool offer and the kids being too ungrateful and too cheap.

Its never "I'm in hock to Amy over buying it and I can't afford to sell it for less because my estimated medical expenses far exceed the money I've made and my life is littered with bad financial choices so this is my retirement. Who's gonna pay for my medical care???" from Matt.

Matt harped for years that he wanted one of the kids to step up but twice now, Jeremy and Zach have both made offers, and Matt's not satisfied but never says he's turning the offers down because he expects a certain price and they aren't meeting it, he always brags to the public how generous he's being, how he's really offering it for less than its worth and the greedy kids are just too greedy to see it. It's never put as "I'm sorry but while I appreciated the offer, I have to think of my own financial needs, I need this price or else I'm going to end up in the poorhouse myself.". 

I'd be feeling some resentment if my dad was telling everyone he possibly could that I was trying to screw him out of a nice retirement, or was too cheap and making unfair offers because we were related. 

• Love 5

Zach and Tori approached Matt with an offer  in a pretty poor buyers market. 
They ended up with a house on 2 acres out of state because they couldn’t afford anything near where they lived, they said. How did they think they would make a reasonable offer  to Matt? It is what it is, and it’s bunch of crap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Zach and Tori approached Matt with an offer  in a pretty poor buyers market. 
They ended up with a house on 2 acres out of state because they couldn’t afford anything near where they lived, they said. How did they think they would make a reasonable offer  to Matt? It is what it is, and it’s bunch of crap.

Exactly, Zach said the new house is within their budget which was around $950,000

Matt paid Amy that much for HALF of the north side but Zach figured he could get the entire 30 acres and house for the same amount.

Zach said that he knows what he can afford.... then he bitched that Matt wasn't including the entire 30 acres and had cut it back to 15 acres..... so Zach moves on to 2 acres in Washington and pays almost a million bucks for it.

• Love 7
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Redrum said:

I don't think Matt is obligated to sell the property to any of the kids at a cut rate. I do understand some (not all) of Zach and Tory's annoyance in that Matt never really says "This is about me and my potential health decline, I will need money." when he's going on to the public about why he's selling the farm. Matt always mentions how the kids didn't step up to work, and how the kids want it too cheap. He never hesitates to air the dirty laundry and throw his kids undeer the bus. Its always Matt doing his best to get them to accept his super cool offer and the kids being too ungrateful and too cheap.

Its never "I'm in hock to Amy over buying it and I can't afford to sell it for less because my estimated medical expenses far exceed the money I've made and my life is littered with bad financial choices so this is my retirement. Who's gonna pay for my medical care???" from Matt.

Matt harped for years that he wanted one of the kids to step up but twice now, Jeremy and Zach have both made offers, and Matt's not satisfied but never says he's turning the offers down because he expects a certain price and they aren't meeting it, he always brags to the public how generous he's being, how he's really offering it for less than its worth and the greedy kids are just too greedy to see it. It's never put as "I'm sorry but while I appreciated the offer, I have to think of my own financial needs, I need this price or else I'm going to end up in the poorhouse myself.". 

I'd be feeling some resentment if my dad was telling everyone he possibly could that I was trying to screw him out of a nice retirement, or was too cheap and making unfair offers because we were related. 

I understand what you’re saying but I think it’s fair for Matt to decline an offer that probably wasn’t that great.  The reason I don’t think it was great is Zach said they couldn’t  afford anything nearby and I think Amy would have been a lot more aggressive discussing the Matt deal if Zach came in with a great offer.  Jeremy’s deal I have no idea if it was fair, but I don’t think Zach and Tori basically saying Matt should give up a ton of his financial security just because they think Jackson and Lilah deserve being on the farm. It reeks of entitlement to me.  As far as dirty laundry, they all with the exception of Molly and I guess Chris seem to throw people under the bus. YMMV of course :)

ETA: I’ve reread some of the stuff I’ve written so since I made this point a couple of times I’ll move along LOL.  This is in no way telling anyone else what to post, I just didn’t realize I’ve been repeating myself quite a bit.

Edited by Irate Panda
I realized I keep jabbering about the same things…guess Zach being cheap with hotdog buns really got to me :)
  • Love 6
Just now, Irate Panda said:

I understand what you’re saying but I think it’s fair for Matt to decline an offer that probably wasn’t that great.

Of course it is and Matt obviously has high expectations about the property's value. I just think, if Matt was concerned about family, and if he genuinely needs the property to sell at a high price for financial reasons, airing a very one sided view where he is the victim of the greedy kids on tv or on social media is a poor decision on his part. 

4 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Jeremy’s deal I have no idea if it was fair,

Jeremy's deal was a year or so earlier and not with Zach as a co-owner and Matt misrepresented Jeremy's offer on social media as "the twins were offered a joint deal" with generous gifts of equity. Matt is not presenting what really is happening honestly and while I think Jeremy is a douchenozzle lazybones, if he's pissed about getting dragged thru the mud in social media by Matt over some joint offer that never happened, I don't blame him. Jeremy has been reasonably respectful if dramatic in how his offer was turned down.

8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t think Zach and Tori basically saying Matt should give up a ton of his financial security just because they think Jackson and Lilah deserve being on the farm.

I think Matt made this an argument when he repeatedly talked about with them over the years. Matt has been less than firm on this - he has not said "My financial future is more important to me than where my grandchildren live", all he's said is that he doesn't understand why this was even mentioned in the discussion. I'd respect Matt more if he would just be honest and say "I can't afford to sell it for less than 4 million or else I end up poor". If thats really the case. 

And Matt may not sell it for 4 million. Its certainly not snapped up. 

• Love 1

The part that bothered me was Matt talking about how Zach couldn't/wouldn't manage or take care of the farm properly.  That's possibly true, but that was unnecessary.  Once Matt sold to Zach, Matt would no longer have a say in how things were done.  Who is to say whoever Matt sells to will keep the property as Matt wishes?  Matt seemed to think selling to a son would give him rights to determine how things were handled plus Matt didn't want to sell the part that Zach had the most interest in owning.  Translated that tells me that Matt wasn't seriously interested in selling to Zach no matter what the dollar amount was.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t think her point was a good one, I think it was dumb.

so if I’m looking for a certain person and someone points at a small group of people and says “she’s over there, the brunette standing by the window” that’s not ok with Tori because even though she has long brown hair she’s offended if identified as a brunette because she’s more than that!! GMAFB 🙄

Zach and Tori are going off the rails with their stupidity this season, I wish they’d leave the show they’re boring as hell and ridiculous

Tori thinks she's profound but she's just an idiot, she needs to go to hell with her "I have brown hair but I'm not a brunette"   GET OVER YOURSELF!

As far as Matt saying Zach wouldn't look after the farm he's right, Zach is lazy as shit AND he's cheap to the point of ridiculous!

At both of their former homes Tori nagged him to clean up the garage so they could use it and all he did was look around like a dope and laugh, then in the house with a thousand stairs Tori finally hired people to come in and organize the garage and Zach whined and bitched about how expensive it was.. he's another idiot!

No way would Zach be able to manage a farm when he can't even throw a BBQ or clean a 2 car garage.

In videos and pictures of their current home it's starting to look run down, the grass growing against the foundation, lawn going to shit, dirty siding just to name a couple meanwhile there's Zach rolling around his 2 acres on a tractor because that's what he likes, driving around on a tractor... actual work, not so much! 

Matt dodged a bullet when the 2 clowns took their kids and ran off in a huff! 🤡🤡👶👶👶

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Does anyone know if Zach’s breaking the national weightlifting record in his class was real? 

My husband did competitive weightlifting when he was younger and he doesn't think so.

He said Zach never had full control of the weights, didn't lift and lock the way you're supposed to and the guys who were spotting him took the weights too soon because he was in obvious trouble. (Not my hubbys exact words but you get the gist)

JMO but I think they gave the medal to Zach in exchange for free publicity on a TV show.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Redrum said:

This website says yes

https://uspa.net/drug-tested-oregon-raw-powerlifting.html

Though to me it looks like a state record. 

eta - yeah the certificate says its a state record. 

Thanks, I wasn’t sure what website to look for, I didn’t pay attention to the organization.

31 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

My husband did competitive weightlifting when he was younger and he doesn't think so.

He said Zach never had full control of the weights, didn't lift and lock the way you're supposed to and the guys who were spotting him took the weights too soon because he was in obvious trouble. (Not my hubbys exact words but you get the gist)

JMO but I think they gave the medal to Zach in exchange for free publicity on a TV show.

This is also what I wondered because even though I think it’s impressive he could lift anything close to that weight, it seemed like it wasn’t a “clean” lift even though  I saw the two white circles on the scoreboard. I thought he didn’t hold it long enough, but I don’t know all the rules and regulations besides watching the weightlifting farce on MBFFL 😂

• Love 2

As for Matt, Zach and the farm: Matt must have known for a while what he wanted to sell the farm for. I find it a bit naive of him to think that Zach was able to put that much money on the table for the farm. Yes, he probably has a nice income from the show, but for the rest, he doesn’t really work. I highly doubt that’s enough to afford a 4 million dollar house! So, I’m trying to understand why Matt kept on pushing for this idea. Wishful thinking maybe?

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

As for Matt, Zach and the farm: Matt must have known for a while what he wanted to sell the farm for. I find it a bit naive of him to think that Zach was able to put that much money on the table for the farm. Yes, he probably has a nice income from the show, but for the rest, he doesn’t really work. I highly doubt that’s enough to afford a 4 million dollar house! So, I’m trying to understand why Matt kept on pushing for this idea. Wishful thinking maybe?

This is just a guess on my part, and hopefully I’m not bringing up my old points, but even if I discount Covid driving prices up, if Matt was seriously going to sell to his kids, I think Matt might have thought Zach and Jeremy would realize they couldn’t afford the farm on their own and put in an offer together. I do think deep down both parents doubt Jeremy or Zach could run the farm on their own, so somehow the desire to have the farm would cause both brothers to join together and Matt (in his mind) molds these two into moguls to carry on the “Roloff Empire”.  I really think he expected all his kids, with the possible exception of Molly (although she’s the smartest), to band together to buy the family farm and maybe amongst the 3 boys they’d have enough money and  at least one brain to keep the farm running. I think that’s what he always meant when talking about the farm continuing on for generations.  It was never one child, but them all or at least the sons.  I don’t think he ever took into account it was his dream, but they had their own version of it (Jeremy/Zach).  

So in a way, I do think it was wishful thinking because at least 2 of the sons don’t seem that bright (don’t know enough about Jacob to comment on him).  All 3 seem lazy, which Matt should know, since he and Amy raised them to be that way.  I also think Matt thought they would need the wise elder, guiding them along, and the boys thought they already know know everything.  They’re all delusional in that respect IMO. 

So if you throw in Zach’s possibly lowball offer, Matt realizing he needs/wants X amount of dollars, most everyone thinking each other is either a jerk or incompetent, the Tori factor, it probably made it a lot easier for this to blow up.  Plus, this show is long in the tooth and needed some excitement, so I’m sure at least some of this is producers stirring the pot.  I think the feelings are there, but the show magnifies them and the Roloffs accept it for a tidy check.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t think he ever took into account it was his dream, but they had their own version of it (Jeremy/Zach).  

So in a way, I do think it was wishful thinking because at least 2 of the sons don’t seem that bright (don’t know enough about Jacob to comment on him).  All 3 seem lazy, which Matt should know, since he and Amy raised them to be that way.  I also think Matt thought they would need the wise elder, guiding them along, and the boys thought they already know know everything.  They’re all delusional in that respect IMO. 

First, let me say I really like your posts and how you analyse everything and come to possible reasons why. Lots in the previous post was spot on in my opinion, particularly about this being Matt’s dream. Can I fault him for that? Not really. I think most parents have visions and hopes for their kids futures. In the end they make their own decisions though.

As for how they turned out…yeah that’s definitely a shame. You’d think a farm is one of the best places to grow up and learn particular skills. Not sure where Matt and Amy went so wrong with the boys. I have only vague recollections about their lives always being about playing and having fun with all those shacks, vehicles, weapons (the trebuchet)  etc on the farm. No sign of any responsibility whatsoever.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

As for how they turned out…yeah that’s definitely a shame. You’d think a farm is one of the best places to grow up and learn particular skills. Not sure where Matt and Amy went so wrong with the boys. I have only vague recollections about their lives always being about playing and having fun with all those shacks, vehicles, weapons (the trebuchet)  etc on the farm. No sign of any responsibility whatsoever.

Entitlement is where they went wrong. It seems that from the moment series 2 of LPBW started the twins had decided they wouldn't need to bother planning for a future without the money and fame it brought. Matt and Amy were spoiled with Molly, one of those rare children who would do well no matter what. And Jacob was ignored, poor guy. Zach could have turned out alright but Mike's death was a serious body blow that was never really acknowledged. He never got the help he needed to get through that so he went quickly downhill. I think both twins in their last year or two of high school truly thought everything they wanted would be given to them on a silver platter. Jeremy especially as he'd been told for so long that he was special and didn't need to do well in school. That he'd be a soccer star/engineer/adventurer without the practice and discipline it takes. Matt had been telling him that for years and he believed it. 

• Love 7

I'm not sure why we thought they'd turn out any other way.  They grew up with no boundaries or discipline.  Zach peed in the corner of his room rather than walk to the bathroom.  And Zach and Jeremy didn't bother to put sheets on their beds while living in the dirtiest room I have ever seen.  

Zach and Jeremy rough-housed and broke things. They didn't bother to listen to their parents.  Zach and Jeremy needed to be paid to help out on the farm. And Zach almost didn't graduate because his grades were so bad.  

And through it all we heard that Zach was an elite LP athlete and instead of using that as a carrot or stick, the family supported it for story lines.  Jeremy was the ladies man with the pack of bros who would become the wolf of Wall Street.

Then, Jeremy went off to study photography at a profit university that closed because enrollment had declined 90% due to some deceptive marketing to students.  Now he is president of the Roloff Company.

Zach dropped out of an associates degree program to focus on being a surly reality tv personality.  If Life and Style is correct, and Zach makes $7K per episode, Zach has made $1.2MM over the last 12 years.  

Put another way, he is paid $100K per year to be a sullen, entitled asshat while we all watch.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

I can't believe I waited until last week to start watching this show but I've binged a few seasons now in the last week or two.

Zach is lazy. In earlier seasons, he's always standing around while Jeremy and Jacob do the digging, like the time they dug a hole to bury Rocky.

When they moved to their first house, he just sat with the babies while everyone did all the work.

Like just because he's short and a dwarf doesn't mean he can't be helping in some way.

In the newest episode, Zach and Tori are complaining that there's only six movers to pack them and it's going slow. Nevermind they didn't life a finger to get things organized all this time since they have no other job except to film once in a while.

I don't like Matt but he has the right to sell his home for as much as someone is willing to pay for it. He's not healthy and he's not young so he needs the money, lets not forget all the crap projects he has, He's probably carrying a big mortgage to fund all those projects it not like he's going to walk away with $4m free and clear should he get that price.

Zach and Tori are despicable to me the way the keep saying if he wants to see the grandchildren he needs to give them the farm. If it was me, I'd block those two shitholes and go on with my life.

After watching some of the earlier seasons I have to say Chris with Amy and Matt and what's her name are interesting vs those kids. They're all spoiled, entitled, whiny, greedy, lazy, and immature.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

What grade did Tori teach and for how long?

She was a kindergarten teacher. When she took maternity leave with Jackson, she was going to take a year off.

Found this:

graduated from Washington State University in 2013 -- with a degree in elementary education.

She then taught at Woodland Primary school until 2015.

From there, Tori worked as a kindergarten teacher in the Beaverton School District.

That is, until she started maternity leave for Jackson in April 2017, a few months ahead of giving birth to her first child.

• Useful 5
(edited)

I posted this in the wrong thread so I'm posting it here now.

I have an online friend who lives in Washington state and we chat occasionally, share funny stories etc.. I never knew exactly where in Washington she lived until yesterday... she lives on the outskirts of Battle Ground, she doesn't watch LPBW but when I told her about Z&T and their property she said "they have a stream on their property?"  I said "yes"... she said that could be a problem because Battle Ground has had flooding issues in the past and she knew people who sold their homes and left the area after having their yards, roads etc flood several times and they were tired of dealing with it.

I'd love to know how close the flooding was to where Zach and Tori's property is.

I found this one video of flooding near Battle Ground in 2014... it says "Water pools on 72nd Avenue near Dollars Corner" not sure if it's anywhere near Z&T

Anyways she said it's an ongoing issue in Battle Ground and a real problem in certain areas.

Edited by Dustbunny
link
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Every time we’ve bought a property hubby checks if the property is on a flood plain and what the history is as far as floods are concerned…. We’ve always steered clear of any properties that had flood problems or increased risk of flooding.

just one more thing that Chris might have advised them of if they’d asked for his opinion. 🙄

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

Every time we’ve bought a property hubby checks if the property is on a flood plain and what the history is as far as floods are concerned…. We’ve always steered clear of any properties that had flood problems or increased risk of flooding.

just one more thing that Chris might have advised them of if they’d asked for his opinion. 🙄

Yes and that’s something those that have delt with real estate and real estate problems like Chris and Matt would know and be able to advise  

But Zack being the know it all will probably drown when the rains do come!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes and that’s something those that have delt with real estate and real estate problems like Chris and Matt would know and be able to advise  

But Zack being the know it all will probably drown when the rains do come!

Not that long ago Tori was complaining about the rain and posted a video on IG (the type that disappear) with their little stream swollen up the sides and running fast like a small river so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they have flooding issues in the future. 

• Love 4

I wonder if they have a loan on their house and  if yes did the bank make them carry flood insurance?

If the home is in a flood zone that’s mandatory and would have to be listed on the disclosure statement the owners filled out for potential buyers. 

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if they have a loan on their house and  if yes did the bank make them carry flood insurance?

If the home is in a flood zone that’s mandatory and would have to be listed on the disclosure statement the owners filled out for potential buyers. 

Would be interesting if that type of information is available… maybe one of our resident sleuths can find out 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Would be interesting if that type of information is available… maybe one of our resident sleuths can find out 

Fingers crossed!  I think that information would be found in county records.

If any areas of the county are in the flood plain then banks most likely would require flood insurance which is quite pricy. About as much as your home owners insurance. 

That’s pretty much how my state handles it. 

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F737B5FC-B98B-4C5F-A0E2-4AA0061782F9.jpeg

Three thoughts:

1) Lilah looks a lot like Amy to me I think it is the eyes and the mouth

2) It looks like there is leg bowing already, I hope she won't need surgeries.

3) It seems that Lilah rarely wears her glasses

• Love 4

I agree on the leg bowing.  I haven't been able to decide who she looks like.  After you mentioning the specific features from Amy, I'm beginning to see it.

I probably wouldn't have her glasses on her in the rain either.  But then as you say we see her without her glasses often.

I dunno, I think she looks like Jackson in this shot and he looks like Tory... but its hard to tell with kids this young.

I will say, this is a screen shot from a video Tory put on her instagram and there's two thirty second videos - this one with no glasses, and then a second where its the same rainstorm, same clothes on the kid, and the glasses have been put on. 

• Love 1
On 6/1/2022 at 1:05 AM, LEILANI2 said:

n the newest episode, Zach and Tori are complaining that there's only six movers to pack them and it's going slow. Nevermind they didn't life a finger to get things organized all this time since they have no other job except to film once in a while.

I haven't seen this particular episode, but in their defence in this specific situation: Very few people know how to pack correctly. Stuff breaks and boxes are usually overloaded, cannot be lifted (too heavy) or tear apart because of this. You may have the best intentions when you want to help the team but you usually make things worse! So I suspect they wouldn't even let you if you tried.  Besides, their insurance won't cover anything that is not packed by the company. 

I've moved loads, sometimes myself but usually with this full package, if you really want to be of any help, make sure they have enough coffee and snacks ;-) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

I haven't seen this particular episode, but in their defence in this specific situation: Very few people know how to pack correctly. Stuff breaks and boxes are usually overloaded, cannot be lifted (too heavy) or tear apart because of this. You may have the best intentions when you want to help the team but you usually make things worse! So I suspect they wouldn't even let you if you tried.  Besides, their insurance won't cover anything that is not packed by the company. 

I've moved loads, sometimes myself but usually with this full package, if you really want to be of any help, make sure they have enough coffee and snacks ;-) 

For me, I didn’t mind so much that they had movers as Zach has proven himself pretty much useless when it comes to most things and I’ll even say Tori could have been busy with the kids. Plus, personally, I think hiring movers is worth the money to not have the headache, but for me it was the whining they both did.  

Oh….look Tori dumped some legos in a box…THAT’S A LOT…Zach threw some clothes haphazardly in a box…HOW DID HE MANAGED...let’s have Murphy sit in the middle of the doorway or randomly run around as the movers go in and out.   Oh we have so much stuff…I thought they’d have more done.

I’m sure the movers would have more done, if your bump on log husband did something besides stand there with mouth agape, there weren’t a bunch of cameras in the way, you didn’t have so much crap and you kept the kids and 125lb dog (#FREEMURPHY) out of the way. 

Bring back Amy’s rocks, dead flies, Chris’ disappearing acts, and Matt’s “stroller”. They’re all infinitely more interesting than the two moving nitwits.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 5/29/2022 at 10:03 PM, Irate Panda said:

Both Zach and Tori seem stunted in their maturity.  I don’t even like Matt, but the entitlement they show for his money is ridiculous.  It be bad enough if Zach were an only child, but I don’t understand why they think they should be getting some huge break on the farm because of the grandchildren, when Matt has 3 other kids, not that I think Matt or Amy owes their kids anything financially at this point.  

I totally see where you’re coming from and I fully agree. However…. In my opinion this is a typical example of reaping what you sow? Both Zach and Jeremy have become exactly what they were raised to be: Spoilt and entitled young men, who never learned to work for money. They always got everything on a golden plate so why not the farm?

I have tried to feel sorry for Matt and Amy, but I can’t. In my opinion, the fault was first and foremost theirs…

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I totally see where you’re coming from and I fully agree. However…. In my opinion this is a typical example of reaping what you sow? Both Zach and Jeremy have become exactly what they were raised to be: Spoilt and entitled young men, who never learned to work for money. They always got everything on a golden plate so why not the farm?

I have tried to feel sorry for Matt and Amy, but I can’t. In my opinion, the fault was first and foremost theirs…

Well, I don’t actually feel sorry for any of the adults…and I agree they raised lazy kids.  Molly seems to be an anomaly. At some point, even if your parents were not as great as the maybe should have been, the “kids” have to grow up.  Zach claims Matt’s always doing stuff like this, but then acts like he’s completely blindsided.  I already gave all my reasons why I think Matt is more right in this instance, so I won’t bore everyone, but yeah the “kids” are lazy, Matt and Amy should have parented better.

In the grand scheme of life all these people have expensive homes and more money than the average person, so I don’t really feel sorry for them, it’s usually who annoys me less in any given episode 😂

#FREEMURPHY (TLC I think Z& T can be replaced with more screen time of Murphy) 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Tori has become too big for her britches. She's become insufferable.

Hey Tori, you're supposed to be a mature adult who should be setting an example of character of love and respect for others (especially family) to your children. The pouting, negativity, silent treatments and whatever else is immature and uncalled for. Speak your mind to Matt and get over it. You have 3 children who are looking up to you. Grow up. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

Makes me wonder why they aren’t going after Amy?

When Amy and Matt split up they were equal  Half and half of everything they owned as a married couple.

Now they seem to be circling only Matt’s wagon.

Did Amy gift them a tractor?  

Why didn’t Amy give them some money to buy the farm?  She could have helped make it happen if that farm was the ‘family legacy’.

Amy seems to be getting off pretty free.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I think it's as simple as Amy never promised them Matt's farm. That was all Matt. 

I also think Amy would have preferred keeping her share of the property but was hectored by Matt and the twins to sell so that they could all move on with Matt's plan to have the twins "take over" and she finally gave up on it. 

Also if Matt's own words are to be believed, Amy was involved in the offering of a "gift of equity" when Matt was offering some sort of joint deal. 

The lawnmower/tractor thing was actually a free gift recieved as a tradeout on the show about 10-12 years ago - there was an episode about it. So aside from gas and the time and effort to drop it off, Matt didn't spend a thing in gifting the used machinery to Zach. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

You could also wonder if Amy actually has any money left to "give away" to her entitled twins? She had to buy a new place to live after all and it's my guess that that's where a lot of the money went.  Any remaining money is hopefully for her used as some form of retirement money. 

And I also agree with Redrum that Amy never promised the twins much, unlike daddy-dearest. Matt promised them the world and when it was time to deliver, he couldn't/wouldn't. (But that's a different discussion and not the point of this post)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

We have no idea what Amy has promised her children. Maybe something maybe nothing. 

But most parents like to assist their children in achieving their hopes and dreams. 

If Matt spoke of the farm as being a legacy and Amy never corrected him then maybe she agreed. 

Strange she didn’t step up to help her boys out. 

But knowing what we know about Amy she’s tight with a buck so there’s that!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Again unless Matt's lying, Amy was offering them a gift of equity. 

Inheritance wise, I think Amy probably has all four kids splitting her assets amongst themselves and thats more than enough. 

If we don't know whether Amy offered to help out or not, can we really say its strange that she didn't?

And it ignores Matt's public comments that he and *Amy* were offering a gift of equity to help out the twins. Is Matt lying?

27 minutes ago, LilyD said:

You could also wonder if Amy actually has any money left to "give away" to her entitled twins? She had to buy a new place to live after all and it's my guess that that's where a lot of the money went.  Any remaining money is hopefully for her used as some form of retirement money. 

I actually think she's fairly well off at this point. She's got the show income, she's got her rather nice home with Chris. She's getting paid by Matt for the big house property.

At no point have any of the kids spoken of asking Amy for help financially and having been denied. And to be perfectly blunt, none of these kids are suffering financially. Zach just bought a nice house for 950k. Jeremy just bought a house for 1.5m. If I was their parent, I would not help or encourage them to buy the property from Matt because a)its really overpriced as its been sitting on the market at 4 million for close to a month now and b) if they can't afford it on their own now, what will happen later?

• Love 6