Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Steven and Justin's Story Part 2 LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Don't psychiatrists just prescribe medications? I had to see several different ones for clinical depression for years, and none of them wanted to do anything but give me more anti-depressant meds (which never helped me). 

I don't know if Assanti could benefit from more pills, psychology, or therapy.

I think some psychiatrists also do talk therapy, but many of them are just script writers who will see patients for 15min or so "med checks" to see if anything needs adjusted, isn't working well, etc. I have a separate psychiatrist and therapist. I like my psych, she's very nice, but I hate going to see her cos she is ALWAYS at least 45mins behind. Sitting in waiting rooms drives me crazy. Steven could benefit from both.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Don't psychiatrists just prescribe medications? I had to see several different ones for clinical depression for years, and none of them wanted to do anything but give me more anti-depressant meds (which never helped me). 

They can do both, but it's rare.  I saw a psychiatrist who offered counseling a few times back in 2004.

I have not read any of the comments yet, but this guy Stephen wins the most obnoxious, infantile, disgusting patient on this show yet. He is repellent and seems irredeemable.  I am speechless.  He is the poster child for abusing the system. He's an example of someone who needs to be locked up in a facility for a year - for his own good - and for the good of everyone around him. And his father? Oh boy- don't get me started.  This man is ordering pizza from across the continent for his 800-lb man-boy baby elephant ( who owns no clothes apparently). The height of dysfunction. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Pers said:

My husband is getting so angry at Steven that he's tidying up the kitchen (yay) and saying, "They should let him be homeless. Call the show 'I'm 800 pounds and homeless'. They can show his Jabba the Hutt ass wandering around and eating out of trashcans." 

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My stepdad said the same thing.

• Love 2
Just now, Pers said:

My husband is getting so angry at Steven that he's tidying up the kitchen (yay) and saying, "They should let him be homeless. Call the show 'I'm 800 pounds and homeless'. They can show his Jabba the Hutt ass wandering around and eating out of trashcans." 

I just developed a crush on your husband. 

I'm not addicted to drugs anymore says the guy who is currently high. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, DrNowsWeightScale said:

They do therapy too, but most people just see a therapist for therapy because psychiatrists are hella expensive by the hour. 

Can't believe that I'm sitting here fuming.... and it's NOT with Steven. I am really pissed about the lack of aftercare or even a mention of NA or anything! If he wasn't given an aftercare plan then shame on those money grubbing drug treatment "professionals."

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, fliptopbox said:

I think some psychiatrists also do talk therapy, but many of them are just script writers who will see patients for 15min or so "med checks" to see if anything needs adjusted, isn't working well, etc. I have a separate psychiatrist and therapist. I like my psych, she's very nice, but I hate going to see her cos she is ALWAYS at least 45mins behind. Sitting in waiting rooms drives me crazy. Steven could benefit from both.

Yeah. Back when I was seeing one psychiatrist, my big sister kept telling me to talk to her about my problems, but any time I tried (on two different visits), she would act annoyed...

And tersely cut me off with, "I write prescriptions. I can give you the name and number of a talk therapist."

Just now, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

I just developed a crush on your husband. 

I'm not addicted to drugs anymore says the guy who is currently high. 

I don't blame you for crushing on him! He said it in his cute French-Canadian accent too - he's so funny!

He just said, "This guy is making me miss the 'Ow Mah Leyg' guy".

• Love 10
Just now, DrNowsWeightScale said:

Yeah. Back when I was seeing one psychiatrist, my big sister kept telling me to talk to her about my problems, but any time I tried (on two different visits), she would act annoyed...

And tersely cut me off with, "I write prescriptions. I can give you the name and number of a talk therapist."

My son has a separate talk therapist from his med therapist. Psychologists do talk and Psychiatrists do meds. 

1 minute ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

My son has a separate talk therapist from his med therapist. Psychologists do talk and Psychiatrists do meds. 

Yep, that's always been my understanding. I tried telling my sister that, but she would keep pressuring me to get the psychiatrists to listen to me talk.

Is his dad saying he's going to sue someone for the apt being a mess? Because of all people he knows how difficult it is to work with his son, he can't even tolerate him, how can he expect anyone else to!? There is not enough compensation in the world for me to deal with Steven.

• Love 2