Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Now one of the FB posters has asked if Whitney would benefit working with the doctor from  My 600lb Life!  I can’t look at that page anymore tonight, people probably going to be kicking over tables with that question.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Now one of the FB posters has asked if Whitney would benefit working with the doctor from  My 600lb Life!  I can’t look at that page anymore tonight, people probably going to be kicking over tables with that question.

Bwhaa haaaa haaaa! ?

• Love 3

What I don’t get is is for the most part at least the people I saw today were fairly nice with what their “criticism”. The woman Heather chewed out said “Whitney’s outfit was unflattering”, in response, Heather basically calls the woman old and a troll.  No offense, but if calling someone’s outfit unflattering  is TROLLING, you don’t need to just step up your trolling game, you need to change it completely.  Also, Whitney says she likes the term fat, admits she’s fat, but when people say she’s fat all hell breaks loose.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

What I don’t get is is for the most part at least the people I saw today were fairly nice with what their “criticism”. The woman Heather chewed out said “Whitney’s outfit was unflattering”, in response, Heather basically calls the woman old and a troll.  No offense, but if calling someone’s outfit unflattering  is TROLLING, you don’t need to just step up your trolling game, you need to change it completely.  Also, Whitney says she likes the term fat, admits she’s fat, but when people say she’s fat all hell breaks loose.

I couldn't resist going to Twit's FB page to read the "600 lb." comment. I also re-read Heather's response to Debbie & as an old, old lady myself had to leave the barnacle this remark:

"Heather, isn't that a pretty awful, AGEIST comment about Debbie? How is her rather mild comment that the pose is unflattering begin to compare with the venom in yours?"

• Love 12

What puzzles me is that they continue to assert that she is beautiful on the inside. I think most of us who hate watch do it because we find her to be just the opposite.  I know, I know most of the Nittwits are delusional and have defective analytic skills but I find her to be coarse, stingy and self-centered..

• Love 12

I don't get the near-constant "you look like you've so much weight!" slavering from her fans. I thought Whitney herself said that she had no interest in losing weight. If that's the case, why keep throwing that out as a compliment? It doesn't matter if she looks thinner; she doesn't want to be thinner.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, the-grey-lady said:

I don't get the near-constant "you look like you've so much weight!" slavering from her fans. I thought Whitney herself said that she had no interest in losing weight. If that's the case, why keep throwing that out as a compliment? It doesn't matter if she looks thinner; she doesn't want to be thinner.

This is what is so weird to me about the Fat Activism that Whitney and her ilk do. They appeal to those fans who don't want their favorite celebs to lose weight, because losing weight is basically an admission that it is better to not be morbidly obese, which is "shaming." Yet these same fans constantly look for signs that their heroes have lost weight, because secretly it would give them hope that it is indeed possible, which is what they really want. Whitney social media fans, trust me, IT IS POSSIBLE TO LOSE WEIGHT. To believe otherwise is to believe that your obesity is hopeless and uncontrollable, which is far worse for your self-esteem and your health than the truth, which is that weight loss is simple (not easy, but simple) and possible.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

This is what is so weird to me about the Fat Activism that Whitney and her ilk do. They appeal to those fans who don't want their favorite celebs to lose weight, because losing weight is basically an admission that it is better to not be morbidly obese, which is "shaming." Yet these same fans constantly look for signs that their heroes have lost weight, because secretly it would give them hope that it is indeed possible, which is what they really want. Whitney social media fans, trust me, IT IS POSSIBLE TO LOSE WEIGHT. To believe otherwise is to believe that your obesity is hopeless and uncontrollable, which is far worse for your self-esteem and your health than the truth, which is that weight loss is simple (not easy, but simple) and possible.

That was so well said. 

I just get serious whiplash reading her SM.

"You look like you've gained weight."

"It doesn't matter if she's fat! She looks beautiful!"

"Besides, she's lost a ton of weight!"

"Whitney, you look so thin!"

Wait...what? Does it matter or doesn't it? Is it "okay" that she's fat or isn't it? I'm so confused.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

That was so well said. 

I just get serious whiplash reading her SM.

"You look like you've gained weight."

"It doesn't matter if she's fat! She looks beautiful!"

"Besides, she's lost a ton of weight!"

"Whitney, you look so thin!"

Wait...what? Does it matter or doesn't it? Is it "okay" that she's fat or isn't it? I'm so confused.

Amen sister! I think the NitWhits' whiplash posts reflect how they feel about themselves more than anything. There's this inner turmoil that is palpable whenever I visit Whit's page. It's endlessly fascinating to me and it's practically research for my trainer job!

• Love 7

Wanted to add...I don’t think that outfit would be flattering on most people....a one-armed jersey top with an 80s pleated skirt?  I actually think Whiney has an attractive face and if she wore clothes that flattered her shape it help. I really don’t care if she weighs 150 pounds or 800 pounds, other than I wish she stopped implying someone 400-500 pounds overweight is healthy.  My issue with Whiney is her attitude and how she treats people.  She seemingly has little to no boundaries, as it’s shown on the show, and has the emotional maturity of a three year old (an insult to three year olds across the country).

Btw I find it laughable Heather calls it Whitney’s “personal” page, and how dare people post “mean” things on her “personal” page are we supposed to be believe she knows all 5000 of her “friends”? She uses that page to promote her show and whatever she’s claiming as her business endeavors (and I use that term loosely).  If she does think this is a “personal” page then she ought to make it private or if she allows anyone to posts then expect feedback both good and bad.  Now, I don’t really use Facebook, but do you guys allow perfect strangers to post on your “personal” pages or is @Dot an actual friend of Whitney's? Dot are you holding out on us?

• Love 10

I’m kind of amazed that Whitney still has a defined jawline and only a slight double chin. I wonder if she’s used some of her reality TV show money to have some plastic surgery procedures to keep her jawline firm and prevent having more of a double chin. I’ve heard that a lot of plus size models have those types of procedures because it makes for a much more photogenic face when you have a good jawline. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I couldn't resist going to Twit's FB page to read the "600 lb." comment. I also re-read Heather's response to Debbie & as an old, old lady myself had to leave the barnacle this remark:

"Heather, isn't that a pretty awful, AGEIST comment about Debbie? How is her rather mild comment that the pose is unflattering begin to compare with the venom in yours?"

You are my hero

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

She probably enjoys stalker/feeder comments like these, but they make me want to take a shower: 

Capture.PNG

"making snores"???? What. The. Actual. F*CK. Please tell me it's a typo and he meant to write "sMores". Please. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Maggienolia said:

"making snores"???? What. The. Actual. F*CK. Please tell me it's a typo and he meant to write "sMores". Please. 

It does say "making smores."  I don't even want to imagine where "making snores" could take her fans . . . 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Yep, it's "smores," thank god. Although I'm sure Whitney CPAP Thore makes plenty of snores too ;)

• Love 3

I was just reading the WaPo's long list of shows returning in Jan & Feb. Even cheesy shows like Mama June, Catfish, My 600 lb. Life & others were listed.

MBFFL was not.

What does that tell you about how the show is viewed by TV critics?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

I was just reading the WaPo's long list of shows returning in Jan & Feb. Even cheesy shows like Mama June, Catfish, My 600 lb. Life & others were listed.

I beg your pardon, Dot. I consider my shows tacky, or trashy, not cheesy.  Besides, Max is hot.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I beg your pardon, Dot. I consider my shows tacky, or trashy, not cheesy.  Besides, Max is hot.

In WhitneyLand we must use food-related adjectives. Cheesy, corny, salty, sweet, etc :-P

• Love 7
8 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

This showed up in my news feed. I don't know if it's true but I had to share! https://www.sott.net/article/372729-Social-Justice-Targets-Personal-Trainers-Check-Your-Thin-Privilege-and-Anti-Fat-Bias#

Hi, Everyone!  Looking forward to reading all your posts this season.

LivinLovinLife, I see your article and raise you another that is hard to believe.  :)

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9634

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dot said:

WOW. So writing "unflattering" is being a bully but it's okay to say "your ugly ass". Uh-huh. Wow. 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Btw I find it laughable Heather calls it Whitney’s “personal” page, and how dare people post “mean” things on her “personal” page are we supposed to be believe she knows all 5000 of her “friends”? She uses that page to promote her show and whatever she’s claiming as her business endeavors (and I use that term loosely).  If she does think this is a “personal” page then she ought to make it private or if she allows anyone to posts then expect feedback both good and bad.  Now, I don’t really use Facebook, but do you guys allow perfect strangers to post on your “personal” pages or is @Dot an actual friend of Whitney's? Dot are you holding out on us?

If the page is so personal, then maybe she shouldn't have the security set to "public". That way only her "friends" can see it/comment on it. She's a PUBLIC f*cking figure. If you can't handle any and all of the public commenting on what you put out there, then you're in the wrong industry! 

38 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

It does say "making smores."  I don't even want to imagine where "making snores" could take her fans . . . 

All the eye bleach is having a negative impact on my vision. Thank GOD it's smores. Ugh! 

• Love 5

I wanted to chime in "oh, you don't have to be 600 lbs for the show, " but didn't think it would be appreciated.  I think she's over 400, but I'm not good at estimating weight.
And "cheesy" is now associated with orange for me, and not Whitney.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kid said:

And, by the way, the outfit is not flattering at all. Even as big as Whitney is, she could choose clothes that flatter her figure.  Too bad TLC no longer does What Not to Wear.

Um, yeah, no, I don't think there are many styles of  clothes that will "flatter" a 400 lb " figure". 

But......Anything would be better than wearing  a sports bra as a top. Or flip flops. Or bare feet.

I mean, c'mon Twit!!!  Dress normal.

• Love 5

Btw that dress she is wearing is hideous and unflattering. I am fairly thin but like twit don't carry a lot of weight in my chest area. It looks like she is not wearing a bra which makes her look heavier around the mid section.  I made the same error and wore a similar dress in the 90s and it made me look flat chested and heavier than I am. Nevermind that it looks like it is from, well, the late 90s.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Yep, it's "smores," thank god. Although I'm sure Whitney CPAP Thore makes plenty of snores too ;)

My personal experience is that once someone starts using a CPAP, they don't snore as much. Thank goodness.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Spot on, Dot!!!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LookABird said:

LivinLovinLife, I see your article and raise you another that is hard to believe.  :)

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9634

Jeez, what has happened in academia that professors are spouting the crap in these 2 articles? Fat Acceptance is one thing, but when did that become a platform for nutso theories?

I call it a draw, BTW. Both you & @LivinLovinLife have come up with real doozies. Thanks for sharing.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Dot said:

Jeez, what has happened in academia that professors are spouting the crap in these 2 articles? Fat Acceptance is one thing, but when did that become a platform for nutso theories?

I call it a draw, BTW. Both you & @LivinLovinLife have come up with real doozies. Thanks for sharing.

I blame it on the publish or perish environment in academia. Doesn't really matter WHAT you publish, just make sure that you have enough publications in your tenure portfolio to secure your job. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Dot said:

I liked your quote on your comment on her page.  My name is McKenna.  I used to like Heather, but not after her rude comment.  If my best friend was wearing something unflattering, I would tell her.  Or visa versa.  I felt so sorry for Debbie.  Whitney's nit-whits were down right mean to Debbie.  I think Whitney has a cult following now.  They have all been brainwashed by Whitney's philosophy.  Very sad.

14 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Looks can be deceiving.

• Love 3

I broke down and looked up Dot's reply on Twit's page so I could "Like" it.  

My quick observation is that most (not all, but the majority) of Twit's supporters fall into one of two categories:  (1) from another country, or (2) borderline illiterate.  They can't spell, punctuate, or clearly express themselves.  They write in "text-speak" . . . even though they're not texting.  

I know - I'm old and "out of touch"; but if they cannot clearly communicate to others who are reading their posts, it doesn't speak well for them.  

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

(1) from another country, or (2) borderline illiterate. 

or 3) they are in the Whitney cult, and are all brainwashed.  What does that speak of Whitney herself?  She's a goddess?  NOT, but to the nit-whits, she is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, writerchick57 said:

or 3) they are in the Whitney cult, and are all brainwashed.  What does that speak of Whitney herself?  She's a goddess?  NOT, but to the nit-whits, she is.

Maybe #3 is because of #2. LOL.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Dot said:

Jeez, what has happened in academia that professors are spouting the crap in these 2 articles?

I googled the groups, and looked them up in Wikipedia.  Who knew fat was a partisan issue.

• Love 2

You guys, her fans are falling over themselves to tell her how good she looks in this suit and how cute this suit is. I personally am not a fan of bathing suit bottoms that have to stretch so much and so high to accommodate one's gunt that the effect is very "bottom half of an enormous plastic Easter egg." How is this flattering whatsoever?! Does Whitney truly believe that her gut is *disguised* in that thing?

26169204_10103379960773608_2123444454516268207_n.jpg

• Love 4

The lipidema in her thighs is really getting bad.

I loved 2 comments about this pic. One Nit-Whit said she was having a pizza party to watch show -- how appropriate!

Then there is Mikey's comment:

Size 22⬆ or your through.. 
23... 24⬆.. got me wanting more 
25.. 26⬆.. sexy ass chick 
27.. 28⬆..what  a perfect mate...
29 30⬆ got men over 40 thinkin dirty

Mikey loves fat chicks 
Anyone can be big but to be "big and beautiful" that's rare

• Love 5

Horrifying thought: her legs weigh as much as a normal woman. Her gut/hips weigh as much as a normal woman. Her arms/shoulders/head weigh as much as a normal woman. SHE IS THREE WOMEN IN ONE. It is really striking to see a picture of her and understand this.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

her fans are falling over themselves to tell her how good she looks in this suit and how cute this suit is.

Remember its the Whitney cult.  Even she thinks she looks good in it. If you chant over and over again, you and your followers start to believe it.  But, look at her feet.  They are drowning in the sand.  Again, she is fooling everybody thinking being this overweight, excuse me, obese is healthy.  She is such a narcissist.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Horrifying thought: her legs weigh as much as a normal woman. Her gut/hips weigh as much as a normal woman. Her arms/shoulders/head weigh as much as a normal woman. SHE IS THREE WOMEN IN ONE. It is really striking to see a picture of her and understand this.

I always thought the comment someone here once made that Twit is a 200# woman carrying another 200# body on her back was very appropriate. As is yours, in your comparison to a normal woman's body.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

bottom half of an enormous plastic Easter egg.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, at least she's not wearing that damn sports bra that she loves stripping for, especially on her first day at that radio show.  She's always telling her audience that 'it's just a sports bra' so it gives her an excuse to take her top off?  

• Love 3

You are kidding me?  This was on her dad's FB page!!! 

Whitney and #MyBigFatFabLife are up for "Outstanding Series, Comedy" and "Outstanding Lead Actress, Comedy" in the Zimbio 2015 Reality TV Emmy's. The show is leading Duck Dynasty by 1% for first place and Whitney is leading Leah Remini by 6% for first place! Go to 
http://m.zimbio.com/…/EQhc…/Vote+Now+Zimbio+Reality+TV+Emmys and vote. Click on "see results" then on "more polls", scroll down to Whitney, select and vote. Voting ends tomorrow at midnight.

Vote Now: Zimbio's 2015 Reality TV Emmys
Who will take home this year's top honors for being the best at being themselves?
M.ZIMBIO.COM

36 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

WHITNEY DOESN'T WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT, REMEMBER?

Yes exactly.  Remember the little song she sung on her couch with Buddy, "I wanna be fat, I wanna be fat.'  Buddy asks her if she wants accountability, and she said she is supposed to live her life in a fat body.  You are so right grey lady!!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, writerchick57 said:

Whitney and #MyBigFatFabLife are up for "Outstanding Series, Comedy" and "Outstanding Lead Actress, Comedy" in the Zimbio 2015 Reality TV Emmy's. The show is leading Duck Dynasty by 1% for first place and Whitney is leading Leah Remini by 6% for first place! Go to 
http://m.zimbio.com/…/EQhc…/Vote+Now+Zimbio+Reality+TV+Emmys and vote. Click on "see results" then on "more polls", scroll down to Whitney, select and vote. Voting ends tomorrow at midnight.

Vote Now: Zimbio's 2015 Reality TV Emmys
Who will take home this year's top honors for being the best at being themselves?
M.ZIMBIO.COM

1) These Zimbio Reality TV Emmy's [sic] aren't a real thing, GLENN.

2) Apparently we are to go back in time to vote for (fake) awards from 2015?

3) For "reality TV" awards to have a "lead ACTRESS" category is hilarious.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

) These Zimbio Reality TV Emmy's [sic] aren't a real thing, GLENN.

2) Apparently we are to go back in time to vote for (fake) awards from 2015?

3) For "reality TV" awards to have a "lead ACTRESS" category is hilarious.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

You guys, her fans are falling over themselves to tell her how good she looks in this suit and how cute this suit is. I personally am not a fan of bathing suit bottoms that have to stretch so much and so high to accommodate one's gunt that the effect is very "bottom half of an enormous plastic Easter egg." How is this flattering whatsoever?! Does Whitney truly believe that her gut is *disguised* in that thing?

26169204_10103379960773608_2123444454516268207_n.jpg

I know I shouldn't be but I was a little shocked by this photo, my God her legs look like they are about to burst. It must be painful......I mean SO fabulous.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I know I shouldn't be but I was a little shocked by this photo, my God her legs look like they are about to burst. It must be painful......I mean SO fabulous.

Her thighs must be at least 40" around apiece, which is bigger than my hips, and I am not a dainty waifish woman.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

On every 600 Lb show, they talk about the pain, and she may be getting to the point where she can't get around comfortably and easily.

• Love 7

This may not be the right place for this question, but did I block things or is there more content in these episodes than what was originally there?? I don't remember her telling the FM all about her toe and her mom when he asked her to tour and also him saying he had to have all the paperwork turned in in a week... ????