Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Trying on for size?

Was it the second or third season where her car kept breaking down and she kept calling Glen to rescue her? Until Babs made her go car shopping? We got to see Whitney squeezing herself into a tiny sports car.  Between the look on the salesman's face and the look on Babs' face as Whitney wedged herself under the steering wheel that disappeared from view completely under her bulk, there was nothing to choose from -- they both had identical faces of horrified amusement.

Whitney, however, did look as if she'd be wearing the car home on her rear end, if and when she finally managed to get her feet out of the car and back on the ground.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Was it the second or third season where her car kept breaking down and she kept calling Glen to rescue her? Until Babs made her go car shopping? We got to see Whitney squeezing herself into a tiny sports car.  Between the look on the salesman's face and the look on Babs' face as Whitney wedged herself under the steering wheel that disappeared from view completely under her bulk, there was nothing to choose from -- they both had identical faces of horrified amusement.

Whitney, however, did look as if she'd be wearing the car home on her rear end, if and when she finally managed to get her feet out of the car and back on the ground.

It was so mean of TLC to show this only in one of the extra-fat episodes. I've never seen it & ever since y'all posted about it, I have forced myself to watch the extra-fat episodes. Which means a double dose of Twit ever week that I can't say I'm happy about. I wish they'd just include all the action in the one episode by reducing the amount of TH. Rarely does Twit say anything in those of any interest.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Was it the second or third season where her car kept breaking down

There was one fake episode where the SUV started puffing white smoke from the engine bay.

Of which, never happens.  Cars puff steam, but that's water, it can puff grey/black smoke, and that's all the rubber bits on fire, but white fluffy smoke?  That's stage fog.  I can't remember the episodes, but I guess that one was a set up for the car shopping.

This conversation has veered off-topic.  Please stick to discussing actual social media; discussion about past seasons belongs in the episode threads or in Whitney's individual thread.  Thanks.

That's why is called My Big Articulate Life", as the evil comedienne said on the show.  Mwhahhahahaha!!!!!!

Great response/observation, Clarewalks, abt Twit's  "confidence".  

NBS?  Twit wants it both ways. ..confidence and pity.  Boo hoo.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.  Well, maybe you can, Twit,  as we saw you eat multiple cakes, but you don't like cake, so... you forced it down??????  Poor thing.

Bless your heart.    

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

meaningless screed about "confidence" from our favorite morbidly obese person. It's amazing how people still believe that Whitney is so confident, since she is so easily "shamed" by random strangers calling her fat. If someone yelled "you're fat" at me on the street, I would laugh. Whitney wells up with tears and talks about how shamed she feels.

Whit seems to have confused confidence with not having any dignity, if she had confidence she would be crying about how she is alone, or in her car eating ice cream, or being afraid of being upstaged with the Fitness Marshall or losing the fake dance battle or all her other stuff and she also wouldn't do half the other stuff she does to be famous/make excuses/pocket some money.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

If someone yelled "you're fat" at me on the street, I would laugh.

If that would actually happen. If it does, it rarely happens.  I think what really happens, like Chrissy Metz character in "This is Us" is that they take whatever tiny morsel they can and turn it into a shaming narrative that they can retell to themselves to affirm the 'I wouldn't have a problem being fat if people stopped shaming me for it. My joints are fine."

I'll admit it.  I look into people's grocery carts and make judgements.  I think that's fair, and completely different from judging what people eat when they go to an ice cream shop or to a restaurant or buffet.  When I see people out, I'm only seeing ONE meal.  When I see a persons grocery cart stuffed to overflowing with processed cream/sugar/fat everything, while I stand and look at my 3 heads of cabbage, gallon of milk, and bunch of bannanas, I'd like to think that I can make an inference on what a person would be eating for what I hope would be at least a week.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, qqererer said:

If that would actually happen. If it does, it rarely happens.

Excellent point. On Whitney's show, whenever it's happened it's been clearly scripted, and she STILL looks genuinely upset (she's not a great actress). I have seen so many women posting "people were staring at me today, it's obviously BECUZ IM FAT" when really they were staring because the chick has bright purple hair and is wearing a unicorn costume.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Excellent point. On Whitney's show, whenever it's happened it's been clearly scripted, and she STILL looks genuinely upset (she's not a great actress). I have seen so many women posting "people were staring at me today, it's obviously BECUZ IM FAT" when really they were staring because the chick has bright purple hair and is wearing a unicorn costume.

I'll admit.  I stare.  I'm fascinated by delusion. Especially when it someone in pain clearly insisting that it's normal.

An oldie but a goodie.

https://streamable.com/ftoy

I could watch this over and over again all day.  Just the movement looks so painful.

What did I tell you.....WHAT DID I TELL YOU!!!! There she goes bitching  about Columbus Day. We just had ANOTHER major shooting in Vegas, and this dingbat has time to only address Columbus Day. Seriously? That is what gets this one hot and bothered? Mind boggling. 

Edited by Nacho
I called her an animal
19 hours ago, John M said:

Whit seems to have confused confidence with not having any dignity, if she had confidence she would be crying about how she is alone, or in her car eating ice cream, or being afraid of being upstaged with the Fitness Marshall or losing the fake dance battle or all her other stuff and she also wouldn't do half the other stuff she does to be famous/make excuses/pocket some money.

It's all fake, just like everything else she's been showing us. Truly confident people admit what scares them, they're more open about their faults and fears. They address them head on. That might seem counter-intuitive, but typically the biggest braggarts (the ones who shouldn't not be bragging) have very low confidence. 

Twit isn't confident. She's a big faker. I'd have some respect for her if she'd show some real feelings, admit she's got confidence issues and be real with us. But the Faker Train rolls on. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

Why was she dressed as a penguin?

She and Glen were running in the 5K Tuxedo Trot, an annual fundraiser by the Greensboro Science Center for a project they are doing to save endangered African penguins. They encourage the runners to wear costumes, because it's intended as a family-friendly fun run, rather than a serious race.

• Love 1

A day or two ago, Whitney posted on Facebook that her menstrual overflow had ruined her favorite flowered leggings.

Today she posted that she takes 20mg of Prozac daily, has been seeing a therapist weekly for 2 years, and is " not ashamed to struggle with depression (and some anxiety too)! Mental illness is real & taking care of your mental health is important."

She says she wants to be more interactive and share more on social media. She says it's very difficult to have her whole life* laid bare on a television show (and she's getting a fifth season! Yay!)  But she still feel she owes it to her fans and followers to be more involved with them.

This may be more Whitney than I am able to cope with, going forward. I guess we'll see when the show starts up again.

*You know, that whole life that is only very partially shown, and that she has no control over,  so no one watching really knows what's happening in her actual life-- at least, that's what she claims whenever she gets criticized for her behavior on the show.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Today she posted that she takes 20mg of Prozac daily, has been seeing a therapist weekly for 2 years, and is " not ashamed to struggle with depression (and some anxiety too)! Mental illness is real & taking care of your mental health is important."

And she CLEARLY self-medicates with food, now if only she would friggin' admit that.

Re: ruining her leggings with menstrual blood, WTF. I don't know any women over age 16 that have been taken so unawares by a massive menstrual flow. Change your tampons, Whitney, or are you too fat to do even that?

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

And she CLEARLY self-medicates with food, now if only she would friggin' admit that.

Re: ruining her leggings with menstrual blood, WTF. I don't know any women over age 16 that have been taken so unawares by a massive menstrual flow. Change your tampons, Whitney, or are you too fat to do even that?

I'm willing to give her a pass on the getting caught unawares/unprepared for the overflow because really erratic periods seem to be a part of her PCOS (though I'm basing that solely on her less-than-credible testimony so - BIG grain of salt there)... BUT - at what age did you learn how to clean your clothes so as not to have them be ruined by accidents of this nature?? Or doesn't she do laundry at all. Ever. Having said all that, I'm pretty sure that the real reason is just sheer laziness on Twit's part. Or stupidity. Or both. ***shudder in horror*** 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Maggienolia said:

'm willing to give her a pass on the getting caught unawares/unprepared for the overflow because really erratic periods seem to be a part of her PCOS (though I'm basing that solely on her less-than-credible testimony so - BIG grain of salt there)...

Good point! I actually considered that possibility, that she just didn't know her period was coming, but it was referred to as "overflow" so I assumed she had some sort of sanitary napkin catching it. And I have already way overthought this, LOL :-P

• Love 3
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I took this to mean why did Whit post about it, not you.

I agree, that's how I took it, because honestly we are all doing the Lord's work here by reporting such "highlights" so nobody else has to venture to her page full of Nit-Whits ;) 

• Love 4

So, this new season is going to show us what?  

As many of you have pointed out her past phony relationship story lines,  fake workouts/dances, and inability to do many activities, what's left?  

I FLOVE  all your ideas for new plots, because I imagine that they're MUCH  better than what we will see. 

Seriously,  Twit's life is fucking Boring, without a real job, attemots toward healthy habits, a real relationship, or goals to work toward.  

I would much rather see a series of big women who ARE ACCOMPLISHING something like the big yoga woman (women), fashion designers, activists, leaders,  writers,  artists, etc....True stories of inspiration v. Twit's depressing emotional and physical failures. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Please God no more fucking "Dance Battles" . There is no such thing. Also no more fake lesbianism or animal cruelty (horse).

Well, shoot.  There goes the top 3 "original ideas" from the producers for this upcoming season.  Back to the drawing board.  LOL.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Sorry for traumatizing you, LivinLovinLife.  I guess I just needed to share the misery. (Mine, not hers.)

9 hours ago, auntjess said:

I took this to mean why did Whit post about it, not you.

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I agree, that's how I took it, because honestly we are all doing the Lord's work here by reporting such "highlights" so nobody else has to venture to her page full of Nit-Whits ;) 

I wasn't quite sure,-  and I was at least a little ashamed of passing on that particular image! :-)  Thanks for the reassurance!

• Love 1

Ok so, mentrual overflow (gag), Prozac and depression/anxiety to sum all this new stuff up. Didn't she once claim NOT to have this kind of mental illness? Feeling a little confused. 

But truth be told I'd rather see a more "real" version of her than we've previously been shown. That would definitely up my empathy towards her as long as she's not a perpetual asshole to other people. 

Part of me, however, feels like she just posts that stuff to get "awww poor Whitney" responses. I have PTSD and anxiety, so do lots of people, and most of us refrain from fishing for electronic hugs from everyone on social media. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autoincorrect is so wrong and should be fired
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh dear.  Just had a horrid thought.  Do you suppose that changing Twit's tampon is another of Donna's jobs?  There is not enough money in the world....

• Love 4

The leggings thing is gross, why would she post that? I've had accidental overflows too (somedays no matter how much you plan, leaks happen), but I know to wear dark bottoms those days and do laundry quickly. Even if it did ruin a good item, it's not really something the world needs to know. 

• Love 6

Anyone want to be on Season 5?

"Exciting news! Todd & I will be in Charleston on October 17 from 7-9pm to teach a FREE pop-up dance class with a meet & greet to follow! EVERYONE is welcome, regardless of size (duh)!

To register, email bgdcsc@hotmail.com! This will be filmed for an episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Life, so you'll need to sign a release when you get there.

Class will be held in the Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory (701 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29403). Please avoid wearing any big logos!..."

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

"Exciting news! Todd & I will be in Charleston on October 17 from 7-9pm to teach a FREE pop-up dance class with a meet & greet to follow! EVERYONE is welcome, regardless of size (duh)!

I'd love to, but I'd already planned to get out the attachment and vacuum my lampshades.  Otherwise, I'd be there for sure.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, auntjess said:

I'd love to, but I'd already planned to get out the attachment and vacuum my lampshades.  Otherwise, I'd be there for sure.

And I have plans to pick up the dusty clutter that fell behind my bureau.  Too bad, so sad~

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Anyone want to be on Season 5?

To register, email bgdcsc@hotmail.com! This will be filmed for an episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Life, so you'll need to sign a release when you get there.

Class will be held in the Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory (701 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29403). Please avoid wearing any big logos!..."

Oh lord. How many times this season do you think we'll hear the words "dance career"?

And what, pray tell, will come of this "class"? Why, Whitney will either: Be "invited" to a fake event or fake competition.   Where she will endeavor to fake win. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh lord. How many times this season do you think we'll hear the words "dance career"?

Don't make it a drinking game, or we'll never sober up.
And OT, but has anyone heard if 600 Lb Life will be back as well?

3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

And what, pray tell, will come of this "class"?

Years from now (OK, or maybe weeks), a participant will be able to say, "I studied dance under the great Whitney Thore."

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 5