Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, MegD said:

I do find it interesting that she looks smaller than Nada in this photo. Is that an older picture?

It can't have been taken more than six months ago, because Whitney discovered Nada's existence in April, 2017. At least, that's when her whole, abruptly deleted outburst about Avi cheating on both of them was posted on Facebook. I suppose she might have discovered Nada before that, but her initial public reaction was so over-the-top, it's hard to imagine she had known of Nada for a long time before she posted her rants.

I do wonder why the Nit Whits are letting Whitney get away with all the evasion and teasing about the show's return. More than one of them has flatly stated that of course the show is coming back for a fifth season, on the basis of nothing but wishful thinking, as far as I can tell. But Whitney has never once given a straightforward answer to what seems to be a simple enough question. Aside from a single grudging admission that she was not currently filming for Season 5 when asked during one of her Youtube live streams, she simply ignores the questions.  And now she's suggesting the Nits glue themselves to the TV? For what, Whit? What are they supposed to be gluing themselves for? And for how long should they stay glued? Come on, girl, it's not that difficult: tell your stressed out fangirls whether there's (1) a guarantee (2) a likelihood (3) a possibility (4)a slim chance or (5) no chance at all of a fifth season. Multiple choice! Easy-peasy! Of course, if you want to give them more info, I'm sure they'll be suitably grateful and supportive. But stringing them along is just plain mean - hey, you didn't like it much when Avi did it to you!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

But they're fairy princesses, dontchaknow?  How can you be a fairy princess without a tutu?  And that other chick's legs are already lumpy.  Hate to think of what they look like today.  Guess we should all be happy that they are both wearing bras, so it could be worse.

I know of no adult woman that aspires to dress like a four year old's fantasy. Probably part of the reason she's still single.

No man want's to marry the female version of his girlfriend's gay best will and grace friend.

But is interesting to see that twit can still pack on much more and still be tab. You canned where she still has to gill out. The ankles have room to give, the arms of course, and who da thunk, the feet too.

Notice that neither of them can wear anything but flats.

59 minutes ago, auntjess said:

So who is Avi Lang, that I should know the name?  I see several on linkedin and not knowing who Nada was, I'm befuddled by this discussion.
(By the way, google did return a link to a post here mentioning him.

Here's the only link left on the internet about the Avi/Whitney dust-up, as far as I can tell.  Whitney posted pictures, and multiple rants, but they were only up for a day or two. Then she took everything down, Avi's Facebook page disappeared, as did his mother's and his sister's. Nada, who also had extended lamentations and accusations on her page also deleted them, except that she and Whitney continued to exchange cryptic messages of support and sisterhood.  The short version is that Nada thought she was engaged to Avi, who apparently has a liking for big women, and who started seeing Whitney during the time he was supposed to be planning a wedding with Nada. How and when Whitney met him, got involved and then discovered she was a side piece is not clear. 

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I do wonder why the Nit Whits are letting Whitney get away with all the evasion and teasing about the show's return.

By my count this is the 3rd time in as many months she has done this. First, the tease about doing some work for the Discovery Channel & being given a pair of shark sunglasses in appreciation. Then the roll on the bed with the gay guy, saying not to mind them they were doin' a little TV. Now this comment in reference to how she met Nada.

She's too desperate for sex to be a cock-tease, but this is on that level & very annoying. She never has explained the first 2 comments, no matter how much the Nit-Whits begged. And no matter how glued they stay to the TV, I doubt she'll explain this one either.

2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Then she took everything down, Avi's Facebook page disappeared, as did his mother's and his sister's

Thanks.  So he's not anyone famous, that everyone but me knows about? 
My pop culture knowledge is sadly lacking anymore, and even if I know the name, I wouldn't recognize Khloe Kardashian if I tripped over her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dot said:

By my count this is the 3rd time in as many months she has done this. First, the tease about doing some work for the Discovery Channel & being given a pair of shark sunglasses in appreciation. 

TLC and the Discovery channel are both owned by the same company, Discovery Communications. When she made that post I didn't take it as her hinting at doing something for the Discovery channel, but just bragging about the swag the parent company sent her. I was on a TV show on a channel that's owned by a big company that owns several other channels. They still send me random things from other shows that I had nothing to do with. 

Whitney posted a memory from 4 years ago. She was soooo much smaller!! Omg! Still overweight (and likely obese still) but damn. She had a waist and could dance. She for sure can't move like that anymore.

ETA: I cannot believe people are commenting like this is a recent video.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Whitney posted a memory from 4 years ago. She was soooo much smaller!! Omg! Still overweight (and likely obese still) but damn. She had a waist and could dance. She for sure can't move like that anymore.

ETA: I cannot believe people are commenting like this is a recent video.

Actually it's from six years ago. That is, four years ago she posted a video with the message that she "found this video from two years ago." Love the way she manipulates her  timelines. Wasn't this from when she was losing 100 lbs under Will Powell's supervision before she gained it all back?

1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Actually it's from six years ago. That is, four years ago she posted a video with the message that she "found this video from two years ago." Love the way she manipulates her  timelines. Wasn't this from when she was losing 100 lbs under Will Powell's supervision before she gained it all back?

Yup.  and someone called her fat, even though she did all that work.  So like someone who's only goal in life is outward validation from any source whatsoever, she quits and proceeds to pack it on. 

Losing 100lbs is a great feat.  Everyone on r/progresspics says it's an amazing feeling and a life motivator.  Twit?  No. She just can't handle doing things for herself or her own good.  Always doing it for attention.

• Love 2

She has her very own dance studio now. So why doesn't she post real-time videos of her dancing?

Because she can't. I really doubt that she could get thru even a very short routine these days. That's why I wish I could watch her teach a dance class on her cruise; how's she gonna manage that?

Being a "dotard" & therefore pop culture illiterate, I had to go to Urban Dictionary (as usual) to learn WTF "slow winding" is: "to shake or grind the body in a leisurely, deliberate manner to bring attention to one's sensuous state of mind."

Ah! So there's our gal Twit feeling senshus in her bro's bedroom when living in her parents' house whilst earning barely more than minimum wage at a small-town radio station. FABULOUS!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Dot said:

She has her very own dance studio now. So why doesn't she post real-time videos of her dancing?

Because she can't. I really doubt that she could get thru even a very short routine these days. That's why I wish I could watch her teach a dance class on her cruise; how's she gonna manage that?

This is where Twit gets to adopt the elderly-choreographer mode of teaching. She stands for a few seconds at the front of the class to welcome them, then sits on a chair off to the side, claps her hands to help guide the dancers with the beat, and occasionally offers spoken instruction. But actual dance? Hoo boy, it's obvious those days are gone. She doesn't even do that annoying thing she used to do, that "So you're doing so-and-so and then @badgalriri overtook me," and she wiggles her hips. Gone.

(edited to add: Actual dance will be Todd's or Tal's job.)

Edited by tdanaher
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tdanaher said:

This is where Twit gets to adopt the elderly-choreographer mode of teaching. She stands for a few seconds at the front of the class to welcome them, then sits on a chair off to the side, claps her hands to help guide the dancers with the beat, and occasionally offers spoken instruction.

Yeah! Sorta like Jenzi, that guy who everyone but him thought was a woman, that Twit hired to come all the way from AZ (sorry, @AZChristian, but it's true) to sit on a stool & hurl gibberish at the BGDC as their choreographer for the Dance Battle.

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Dot said:

Being a "dotard" & therefore pop culture illiterate, I had to go to Urban Dictionary (as usual) to learn WTF "slow winding" is: "to shake or grind the body in a leisurely, deliberate manner to bring attention to one's sensuous state of mind."

Ah! So there's our gal Twit feeling senshus in her bro's bedroom when living in her parents' house whilst earning barely more than minimum wage at a small-town radio station. FABULOUS!

Could her delusions regarding her ability to perform get any worse?  What a wackaloon. 

How she sees herself and her perception of her capabilities are completely opposite of what everyone else sees. She sees herself winning the NYC marathon and we're like, you won't make it 2 miles, idiot.

Is that in line with the histrionic personality disorder that's been mentioned previously?  

• Love 5

This is at least the third video Whitney has posted of her waving her ass around to music. That's all she shows - no dancing feet, no graceful arms, not even the briefest glimpse of her face. Just her lower back to the camera while her posterior bumps up and down and all around.  And they all seem to come from the same period of time -  during her 100 lb. weight loss effort working with Will. You'd think if she was so damn proud of her rear end in those days, she'd demonstrate some motivation to get it in gear again, rather than repeatedly posting old videos that the Nit Whits all seem to take as recent history, if not actually current events.

The thing about the movements she does in those videos is that they actually originate from the knees. If you can't bend and flex and swivel from the knees, the hips don't roll, right Whitney? And it seems pretty clear that your knees are not keeping up with your current state of fabulouness, amirite? But why  bother to actually take care of your physical health when you can live in a world of video memories at the push of a button? To quote something I saw on somebody-or-other's twitter account, "sad."

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

This is at least the third video Whitney has posted of her waving her ass around to music. . . .

And it seems pretty clear that [her] knees are not keeping up with [her] current state of fabulouness, amirite?

Twit seems to have at least 2 major obsessions: (1) with her fat ass & (2) being the coolest, hippest teenager on the block. (Is anyone else at age 33 as determined to keep her pop culture scorecard at 100%?)

We know she's blown out one of her knees & can only climb stairs with great difficulty. When the other knee goes, she won't be able to climb into that big truck she so loves to sit in & live-chat from. How fabulous will that be for her?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit seems to have at least 2 major obsessions: (1) with her fat ass & (2) being the coolest, hippest teenager on the block. (Is anyone else at age 33 as determined to keep her pop culture scorecard at 100%?)

We know she's blown out one of her knees & can only climb stairs with great difficulty. When the other knee goes, she won't be able to climb into that big truck she so loves to sit in & live-chat from. How fabulous will that be for her?

I would watch a whole season of her just moving around.  I'm just fascinated by someone having so much difficulty moving around and insisting that she's perfectly fabulous.

CPAP machine on an electric tilting bed, hobbling while carrying a pet carrier, struggling to step up into a pedicab, struggling to fit into chairs, taking stairs one step at a time, struggling to keep up with a tap dancing class to 'average' students, struggling to get in/out of furniture,although she studied dance, can't wear anything except flip flops.  These are all the real moments I love watching in an amongst all the other 99% fake content of the show, (hurt back in shower, the horse thing, the pass out at the dance marathon)

The one rare real scripted moment I would say would be the riding of the bicycle. Ooff, how could I also forget the ski boot fandango!  That one was pure gold.

I want these seasons to run forever, I want her to keep making her money, till we see the #cantgetlow storyline come to fruition.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Maggienolia said:

Totally. Stealing. Wackaloon. **deep bow of appreciation towards @TurtlePower**

Lol. Steal away, I stole the term myself! 

3 minutes ago, qqererer said:

I would watch a whole season of her just moving around.  I'm just fascinated by someone having so much difficulty moving around and insisting that she's perfectly fabulous.

CPAP machine on an electric tilting bed, hobbling while carrying a pet carrier, struggling to step up into a pedicab, struggling to fit into chairs, taking stairs one step at a time, struggling to keep up with a tap dancing class to 'average' students, struggling to get in/out of furniture,although she studied dance, can't wear anything except flip flops.  These are all the real moments I love watching in an amongst all the other 99% fake content of the show, (hurt back in shower, the horse thing, the pass out at the dance marathon)

All of this, but especially the bits in bold. As we know her self-perception and her actuality are completely different. 

She'll be bedridden someday insisting she can do this/that, just like Dr Now's patients and when she tries to do anything, she'll be just like "ow-my-leyg" guy. But she's a "winner"! 

Fabulous. Absolutely Fabulous, Twitney. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

How she sees herself and her perception of her capabilities are completely opposite of what everyone else sees. She sees herself winning the NYC marathon and we're like, you won't make it 2 miles,  you can't even get your feet into lace-up shoes, idiot.

Fixed it for ya! :)

• Love 8

On the stair climbing, was it 2 seasons ago that she climbed up some tower to show Will that she could?  If she tried today, she'd see how down she's come.
I didn't watch the early seasons either, but the job I hear mentioned is teaching English in Korea.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I didn't start watching this crapfest until the second or third season, but did Whitney ever have a real job? I know the fat girl YouTube thing got this started, but what background did they give Whitney when the show started? 

She taught English in Korea for 4 years & returned home to live with her parents. The Fat Girl Dancing YouTube video came about because she was working -- part-time, I think -- as "Producer Whitney" for a morning radio show in Greensboro which featured Heather's now ex-hubby. That show produced the video which went viral which led to her TLC contract.

As far as her MBFFL life goes, I don't recall anything from the first episode that provided any back story about her. Maybe someone else has better recall. All I remember is her being a total asshole when she & Todd showed off new dance moves to her parents & she was miffed because they praised him more than her. (Actually, the dance moves were the same ol' Zumba shit she always did -- standing in place, waving her arms & wagging her butt.)

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 6

I bet you all $5.00 that she soon makes a post about supporting the NFL/NBA players taking a knee during the national anthem. I just know it's coming. Nothing for the two recent hurricanes,  it her virtue signaling game remains strong!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, auntjess said:

On the stair climbing, was it 2 seasons ago that she climbed up some tower to show Will that she could?  If she tried today, she'd see how down she's come.
I didn't watch the early seasons either, but the job I hear mentioned is teaching English in Korea.

Ha yes, she did it to prove to Will that she could do it and to tell him to not quit on her.

Yet Will was the one to do the fake barbell and boobs charity workout with modifications for obesity for her and buddy, and was the one to give the 'I believe in you and now I've proved that you can believe in yourself." scripted BS.

After all this, the only person that quit was Twit.  That or none of it was real in any shape or form.  All strictly for the cameras, scripted television, all fake.

God, I love hating to watch this train wreck of a television show.  It goes from bad to worse in the most scripted way.  Please TLC, more of this crap.  There's nothing more entertaining than Twitney actually believing the scripts you write for her are actually happening.  That's reality you can't script.  Even Honey Boo Boo is smart enough to realize it's mostly fake.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, qqererer said:

God, I love hating to watch this train wreck of a television show.  It goes from bad to worse in the most scripted way.  Please TLC, more of this crap.  There's nothing more entertaining than Twitney actually believing the scripts you write for her are actually happening.  

Not to mention the post-show entertainment we enjoy here on the forum snarking about the fakery. Maybe we should all join the Nit-Whits & write TLC begging for a Season Five!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nacho said:

I bet you all $5.00 that she soon makes a post about supporting the NFL/NBA players taking a knee during the national anthem. I just know it's coming. Nothing for the two recent hurricanes,  it her virtue signaling game remains strong!

Well, of course she couldn't mention the hurricanes! She's got a CRUISE to book!!

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, qqererer said:

God, I love hating to watch this train wreck of a television show.  It goes from bad to worse in the most scripted way.  Please TLC, more of this crap.  There's nothing more entertaining than Twitney actually believing the scripts you write for her are actually happening.  

I know, I hate to see her rewarded, but I'd sure miss seeing this train wreck.

34 minutes ago, Dot said:

Not to mention the post-show entertainment we enjoy here on the forum snarking about the fakery.

Absolutely.  This, and My 600 Lb Life, which I worry about because of Houston and the hurricane.
Meanwhile, do join me on my new-found obsession show, Catfish.  The ultimate one is  tomorrow, 9/25 12:10pmWatch Full Episode

Spencer & Katy.
It makes you despair of the future, if these young people, who are so tech-savvy, fall for the most obvious bullshit.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Meanwhile, do join me on my new-found obsession show, Catfish.  The ultimate one is  tomorrow, 9/25 12:10pmWatch Full Episode

Catfish is also available on Hulu. I'll probably watch an episode to see what I think of it since I value your opinions, @auntjess.

BTW, does Catfish have a forum on previouslyTV?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

I'm also guilty of watching Catfish and there is a forum for it. ;)

I hate to break it to everyone, but Catfish is fake too.  But at least they allude to it.

The first season was semi real, based on the movie, which is mostly real as it went through Neve's own Catfishing.  But subsequent, and the latest seasons are fairly scripted.  The producers have done all the uncatfishing work to see if there is a story behind it, even going to the point where they contact the catfishers.  THEN they go to Neve and Max with the basic details and let them go from there.  The only part that is unscripted, is the meeting, but the 'torment of the catfisher/why are you doing this' is already vetted by the producers to see if it's compelling enough.'  The producers are counting on Max and Neve to ask the right questions, but I'm sure that if they're hitting a dead end, they're given clues to figure it out.

It's basically a point and click adventure that is all predetermined, like playing 'The Walking Dead' game.  You think you're the master of your destiny, but it's already laid out.

And in the context of Catfish: The Tv Show, it has to be when you have 3 cameramen, 1 key grip, 1 producer and an equipment truck in tow.

But in Twitneyverse there are always golden nuggets of 'come to jesus' moment that make it all worthwile.  I've mentioned others, but one 'greatest hits' was the Arabesque in the scripted "Invited to dance at the whatever college"  An arabesque. which is just balancing on the balls of ONE foot.  OMG, that's it?  that's the build up? Those three girls, obvious extras, but probably real dancers saying "What is this shite?"  Or the 'motivational' speech where the dude calls her out, or the blurred out redneck calling her a fat bitch but wearing a mic pack? Or the fake bike group ride where all that ended up happening was a mass of cyclists standing with their bicycles behind Twit as she struggled to move anything more than 10 feet at a time? Or that shitlord Manny, the radio DJ? Or shitlord Glen, in the first couple of seasons, where he tried to put the wellbeing of his daughter over and above tv fame?

Ahhhh, memory lane.  I wish I could watch the old seasons, but I refuse to pay for it.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, qqererer said:

I hate to break it to everyone, but Catfish is fake too.  But at least they allude to it. . . .

But in Twitneyverse there are always golden nuggets of 'come to jesus' moment that make it all worthwile.  I've mentioned others, " . . . 

Ahhhh, memory lane.  I wish I could watch the old seasons, but I refuse to pay for it.

I figured Catfish has to be fake; what "reality" show isn't? But there's "suspend belief" kind of fakery & TwitWorld fakery which is so far from any possibility of truth.

@qqererer I'm loving your last couple of posts goin' down MBFFL Memory Lane. The one moment you have thus far failed to mention -- and I loved so much that I may pay amazon $1.99 to rewatch it -- is the cake sampling moment. That, plus the ski fandango (as you put it), are my favorite MBFFL moments.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3

"IFYOUCOULDPUTTHECAMERADOWNIDREALLYAPPRECIATEITIFYOUCOULDHELPMEIMINSOMUCHPAINANDIMGOINGTOHURTMYSELFLENNIEGODDAMMITWHYCANTYOUDEADLIFT400LBS"

post edit

"good thing i'm a dancer with amazing flexibility i totes would have hurt myself if i wasn't #dancingsavedmylife"

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, qqererer said:

"IFYOUCOULDPUTTHECAMERADOWNIDREALLYAPPRECIATEITIFYOUCOULDHELPMEIMINSOMUCHPAINANDIMGOINGTOHURTMYSELFLENNIEGODDAMMITWHYCANTYOUDEADLIFT400LBS"

post edit

"good thing i'm a dancer with amazing flexibility i totes would have hurt myself if i wasn't #dancingsavedmylife"

YEEESSS! Not to mention it was all the fault of her rental ski boots which were deiberately & viciously trying to break dem shin bones connected to dem foot bones.

• Love 2

@qqererer You haven't mentioned Twit's exquisite taste in costuming her BGDC for their big performances. My personal fave is the fake cowboy outfits at the performance supposedly at the folk music festival. But I admit it's barely ahead of the St Patrick's Day parade leprechaun costumes. Then there was the Grasshoppers performance & the Dance Battle. Have I forgotten any?

http://realscreen.com/2017/07/05/is-reality-television-getting-nicer/

Edited by Dot
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2017 at 1:27 PM, Dot said:

Catfish is also available on Hulu. I'll probably watch an episode to see what I think of it since I value your opinions, @auntjess.

BTW, does Catfish have a forum on previouslyTV?

Catfish has an active forum on here. Many of us here in the MBFFL forum are members and contributers to it. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I was looking at youtube, here's the ripped pants in the grocery store.
Which wasn't awful until she changed in the parking lot.

No Twit, it's not something most people worry about. Nor is it normal for your pants to be under such tension that they split. It's a sign that your clothese are too small for your fat ass. It sucks to buy a bigger size, but your dignity is worth it. Oh, I forgot, you don't have any of that.

You know, I've had to change in a parking lot before. I got in my car, in the darker back seat, closed the door and handled things. If I can change from a court appropriate skirt into gym shorts without telling the world about it, you can figure out leggings. Or just send your mom to your car to fetch them and change in the freaking bathroom.

• Love 9
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:02 PM, auntjess said:

Thanks.  So he's not anyone famous, that everyone but me knows about? 
My pop culture knowledge is sadly lacking anymore, and even if I know the name, I wouldn't recognize Khloe Kardashian if I tripped over her.

Nope.  He's a graduate student in Jewish Studies at the University of Indiana/Bloomington. Not exactly paparazzi material. As for Khloe Kardashian, she's had so much plastic surgery recently, I doubt her ex-husband would recognize her if he tripped over her. :)

• Love 2

Ugh, the pants ripping skit. One of the most lazy written skits on that show

As if that girl to the right would just stand there with a camera pointing right at her.

I love the show when the fourth wall gets broken, and goes off script. Like the ski boot fiasco. It should have gone smooth like the inner tube ride, with the comical 'hurrdurr, help me off the inner tube Lonnie', but it started going off the rails the moment the rental agent pulled out the seat belt extender for ski boots. That wasn't supposed to be the story. The talk at the university was supposed to be story, and the producers, and producer twit didn't want that shown, but when you have a deadline, and you've got a whole missing segment without it, you have to go with it, especially when the hot tub, inner tube, and speech segments are already stretched mega thin.

Editors know that people are already fed up with gift shop sketches. It's a fast way to lose viewership.

I already do that with Catfish. I watch two minutes from the beginning, and maybe 10 minutes at the end with the meeting onwards

• Love 1
15 hours ago, auntjess said:

I was looking at youtube, here's the ripped pants in the grocery store.
Which wasn't awful until she changed in the parking lot.

Here is Babs trying to "Lie" to her Big Huge Toddler About Chocolate Milk.

I would be so damn  mortified if this was my Demon Spawn. 

• Love 1
On 9/25/2017 at 3:09 AM, Dot said:

@qqererer You haven't mentioned Twit's exquisite taste in costuming her BGDC for their big performances. My personal fave is the fake cowboy outfits at the performance supposedly at the folk music festival. But I admit it's barely ahead of the St Patrick's Day parade leprechaun costumes. Then there was the Grasshoppers performance & the Dance Battle. Have I forgotten any?

http://realscreen.com/2017/07/05/is-reality-television-getting-nicer/

Oh my god, yes! The Cowboy outfits..that Lil' cowboy hat with the strap under her 5 chins. .. Priceless!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Nope.  He's a graduate student in Jewish Studies at the University of Indiana/Bloomington. Not exactly paparazzi material. As for Khloe Kardashian, she's had so much plastic surgery recently, I doubt her ex-husband would recognize her if he tripped over her. :)

Indiana University Bloomington.

• Love 2

Some guy delivered something to her and she thought he was hot, so she told him he was and then said she meant he was hot for a friend of hers and could they take a picture together. Then on her Instagram story said to the guy that she thought he was hot and that she has no friends. 

• Love 2