Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

I know plenty of dignified, confident overweight women who don't act like Whitney.

I would say the odds of Whit ever being described as dignified are about 10,000 to one. I viewed the clip that Pachengala posted about the bruise causing jeep ride in Hawaii and I am even more convinced of it.  She thinks of herself as being cute, funny and fascinating and unfortunately her leg humpers do too,.

• Love 4
On 9/11/2017 at 6:36 AM, TurtlePower said:

She might have tried a little harder at dressing herself, tank top and tights sure let it all hang out. Looked very unprofessional for being on a panel at a large conference. 

A couple of Nit-Whits ID'd the orange tanktop as an item in Torrid's line. So, here's Twit at a convention of designers & fashionistas during NYC's Fashion Week  touting their goods & she's not about to wear anything in her own ugly-ass clothing line!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dot said:

A couple of Nit-Whits ID'd the orange tanktop as an item in Torrid's line. So, here's Twit at a convention of designers & fashionistas during NYC's Fashion Week  touting their goods & she's not about to wear anything in her own ugly-ass clothing line!

I don't think that Twit would claim to have a fashion line at all.

It's just NOBS logos plastered onto 6XL tank tops.  Nothing fashion about that.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Don't forget that she has a "dance career."

It is going to be fun to watch her bumble through her existence without fake TLC stories. 

Edited to add:  someone said earlier they were sad that there were no more shows. Do not despair! Don't you see, it's going to be even more fun now. She looked and sounded like an idiot at the curvycon, I wonder how many more appearances she's going to try to force her way into before everyone gets tired of her.  

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, qqererer said:

I don't think that Twit would claim to have a fashion line at all.

It's just NOBS logos plastered onto 6XL tank tops.  Nothing fashion about that.

The NoBS logo stuff apparently sold so badly that she's having a 75% off sale to get rid of it. (Probably taking up too much room in her "dance studio.") None of the new inventory has the logo as best I can tell.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Dot said:

The NoBS logo stuff apparently sold so badly that she's having a 75% off sale to get rid of it. (Probably taking up too much room in her "dance studio.") None of the new inventory has the logo as best I can tell.

Love your snark, but you have it completely wrong on this one.  It's 75% off on CLEARANCE items.  Everything else is just regular price, and is just regular made to order crap that youtubers push onto their base.  I'm willing to bet that she has ZERO stock on hand.  It's strictly drop shipping.  She collects the money, then it's made to order and fulfilled by some other company.

57 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Love your snark, but you have it completely wrong on this one.  It's 75% off on CLEARANCE items.  Everything else is just regular price, and is just regular made to order crap that youtubers push onto their base.  I'm willing to bet that she has ZERO stock on hand.  It's strictly drop shipping.  She collects the money, then it's made to order and fulfilled by some other company.

The clearance items ARE the NoBS logo clothing & tchotchkes she first started selling  a couple of years ago.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Dot said:

The clearance items ARE the NoBS logo clothing & tchotchkes she first started selling  a couple of years ago.

Why would a Z-list tv personality like twit think she could successfully launch a "fashion line"? 

Nevermind. Answered my own question: Whitney likely sees herself as a Jennifer Lopez-caliber "star" in whatever universe her mind is stuck in. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Nevermind. Answered my own question: Whitney likely sees herself as a Jennifer Lopez-caliber "star" in whatever universe her mind is stuck in. 

I can see it now:  Whitney Thore appearing on SYTYCD, but they'd have to change the font a bit:  So YOU think YOU Can Dance?????

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I can see it now:  Whitney Thore appearing on SYTYCD, but they'd have to change the font a bit:  So YOU think YOU Can Dance?????

Alas, AZChristian, unless Whitney can figure out a way to fake a whole dance competition, you will never see your fantasy. The age cut-off to audition for SYTYCD is 31.  :)

• Love 2

I bet Twit offered herself to them, SYTYCD AND DWTS as a judge, and (1) they didn't know who she was;  and (2) they rejected her after noting that she doesn't move her feet/legs  in the original video,  considers shaking her fat at curvy.con to be "dancing", and is a health risk. 

Twit's future is bleak. No love life,  no profession or goals, aging fast in a disabled body, and a has-been/never was. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Alas, AZChristian, unless Whitney can figure out a way to fake a whole dance competition, you will never see your fantasy. The age cut-off to audition for SYTYCD is 31.  :)

Surely Jerry Rice & that other old retired football guy were over 31? And Tom Delay? I don't watch the show but see its commercials & lots of contestants look older than 31. Kate Gosselin?

4 minutes ago, Dot said:

Surely Jerry Rice & that other old retired football guy were over 31? And Tom Delay? I don't watch the show but see its commercials & lots of contestants look older than 31. Kate Gosselin?

That is Dancing With The Stars, SYTYCD is like American Idol for dancers :)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And I think to be on Dancing with the Stars, you have to be able to walk from the parking lot to the rehearsal studio without stopping to catch your breath, so she's not eligible for that either.

I think we know what a DWTS scenario would look like: Footage of twit talking herself up using worlds like "dance career",  "competitive" and "win". We would see incredibly short snippets of "rehearsals", where we don't actually see her doing anything technical (cause she can't). 

First competition: here comes The Injury. Twit then goes on about how she wanted to get further along but alas, she's hurt as usual, right on time to get out of being in over her head  

Spot on, right? 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And I think to be on Dancing with the Stars, you have to be able to walk from the parking lot to the rehearsal studio without stopping to catch your breath, so she's not eligible for that either.

Her ineligibility for that show includes that she is NOT a star. (Yes, I know none of them are.)

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

I think we know what a DWTS scenario would look like: Footage of twit talking herself up using worlds like "dance career",  "competitive" and "win". We would see incredibly short snippets of "rehearsals", where we don't actually see her doing anything technical (cause she can't). 

First competition: here comes The Injury. Twit then goes on about how she wanted to get further along but alas, she's hurt as usual, right on time to get out of being in over her head  

Spot on, right? 

Wow.  It's like YOU are the scriptwriter!!  (Or the reporter of history.)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Spot on, right? 

While waving her book in front of the camera, remarking on how much fun her cruise will be & reminding her fans of the 75% off clearance sale at No Body Shame Store, with both parents seated beside her.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, abbey said:

So the show is definitely cancelled?  I will only miss it because it was so snark worthy. 

Neither TLC nor Whitney will confirm or deny the cancellation. We do know the show is not presently filming another season, and that Whitney doesn't know when/if filming will start again. At least, that's what she said a month or so ago when finally pressured into providing some kind of answer to the many many Nit Whits who kept asking when the show would be returning.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

OMG, I forgot the fake dance competition.  No not the dance battle, the ballroom dance competition.  You know the one shot during lunch of the ACTUAL dance competition, the one where there is zero mention of Twit on the competition website, the one where Twit wanted Todd to tie her shoes that she could only wear for 20 minutes because she can't wear heels for any longer.

• Love 7

I'm getting the impression that TLC never firmly cancels or renews anything; they just keep their "stars" in limbo waiting until TLC has a slot for them. The exception is when there's a child sex scandal involved (Honey Boo Boo, 19 Kids). But even those firm cancellations are wishy-washy as we've seen with the resurrection of the Duggar mess. I have a feeling that just as we think Whitney's gone for good, they're going to need an obese person in their Freak-Of-The-Week slot and she'll be back.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

I'm getting the impression that TLC never firmly cancels or renews anything; they just keep their "stars" in limbo waiting until TLC has a slot for them. The exception is when there's a child sex scandal involved (Honey Boo Boo, 19 Kids). But even those firm cancellations are wishy-washy as we've seen with the resurrection of the Duggar mess. I have a feeling that just as we think Whitney's gone for good, they're going to need an obese person in their Freak-Of-The-Week slot and she'll be back.

I think that may have been TLC's original thinking when they decided not to film a new season in 2017. And perhaps I'm wrong (since I don't watch many TLC shows), but I think they are advertising 2-3 new shows for the fall schedule. So if those shows are successful, Twit may have a long wait for a slot.

But I'm also wondering if there's been new thinking on TLC's part now that Twit has become so massive. They've pretty much run out of new story arcs anyway, so what are they going to come up with for someone whose mobility is limited -- film an hour's worth of TH every week?

Plus, if TLC needs a fat person, why not Natalie Hage who I think is plotting to be the new Whitney.

FB_IMG_1505328846857.jpg

• Love 1

They look like twins. Can I ask what the deal is with fat women and nose rings? Or is that offensive? It seems like a disproportionate percentage of obese women have pierced noses, though this is obviously anecdotal from my perspective.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

They look like twins. Can I ask what the deal is with fat women and nose rings? Or is that offensive? It seems like a disproportionate percentage of obese women have pierced noses, though this is obviously anecdotal from my perspective.

Many Nit-Whits commented on how similar they look. But Natalie is a new, shiny object -- one who takes care with her makeup, washes & styles her hair, wears pretty clothes AND weighs 100+ #s less. (Watch your back, Twit.)

I think the nose piercing thing with fat women is peculiar, also. But Twit has pierced & tattooed so much of her body, what's another nose ring or so?

I wonder what happens to all those tats if she ever loses weight?

• Love 4

It must be very hard to have some fame and fortune from being a G-list reality star and have the show be cancelled. I wonder about the 90 Day fiancée folks also. They aren't well known  or glam enough to do Dancing with the Stars. Do they all try to pile on to Marriage Boot Camp and Dr. Phil?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Except twit's eyes have this crazy look to them..........

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Far be it from me to attempt to speak for the morbidly obese, but I had a neighbor who was, and who eventually had gastric by-pass surgery and lost over 250 pounds. There was an annual flea market and evening block party in my neighborhood every summer and, at the one after she had lost most of the weight, I found her selling off her huge collection of earrings. They were mostly hanging earrings or big hoops, elaborately decorated. "I'm getting rid of them," she said, "They remind me of all the pointless efforts I made when I was overweight to get people to look at my face, and not notice my body." 

• Love 9

They look like twins. Can I ask what the deal is with fat women and nose rings?

Purely anecdotal as well as speculative but perhaps they are the only thing that is demonstrably diminutive. When I accompanied a wealthy friend to a jeweler's to pick out a necklace she could have easily afforded something quite large but she stated that a smaller piece made her feel smaller. (She wasn't obese by any means.)

And while we are on this sort of topic. Has anyone noticed that some very overweight people curl their pinkies when eating in public? (My v. heavy SIL does it and I have seen it on My 600# Life.) I've always thought it was an attempt to appear dainty.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

That's when she's not wearing her glasses or contacts. Sometimes her eyes cross slightly when she's trying to see someting several feet away.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

@ClareWalks - You. Read. My. Mind. That was the EXACT thought I had looking at that pic of Twit and Twin. It's probably not true and I know several average-to-slender size women who have pierced noses, but yeah... that was the first thought. The second was "What is WRONG with Twin's cheeks?" They look like she has implants or something to puff them up. Just a fat face?? 

4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Cuz b*tch be crazy. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

ClareWalks - You. Read. My. Mind. That was the EXACT thought I had looking at that pic of Twit and Twin. It's probably not true and I know several average-to-slender size women who have pierced noses, but yeah... that was the first thought. The second was "What is WRONG with Twin's cheeks?" They look like she has implants or something to puff them up. Just a fat face??

It's called contouring, and once you see it, you can't unsee it.  It looks fake as hell and is supremely obvious once you see it.

• Love 1

If twit gets another season there is no way in hell it will go beyond 8 episodes. People are TIRED of her. What left is there to film? More giant cookie drama????

Oh, and Kmart is now calling its PLUS sizes "Fabulously sized". Thanks twit. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Nacho said:

If twit gets another season there is no way in hell it will go beyond 8 episodes. People are TIRED of her. What left is there to film? More giant cookie drama????

No no no don't give her credit for that! It will add to her already "fabulously" sized ego. 

I'm not sure I'd watch if she got another season, even if the writers seem to hate her and give her ridiculous story lines. I just can't. I'd rather make fun of her trying to get along without her "celebrity" status. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nacho said:

I saw this and thought of Whitney immediately, too. It is the most shameless pandering I have ever seen. I saw them discuss it on The View and the audience LOVED it, but it seems like most people hate it, since it's so fuckin' ridiculous. Fabulously Sized. Give me a break. Why not put all the sizes 0-8 in another section and call it the Eat a Sandwich Sized?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I saw this and thought of Whitney immediately, too. It is the most shameless pandering I have ever seen. I saw them discuss it on The View and the audience LOVED it, but it seems like most people hate it, since it's so fuckin' ridiculous. Fabulously Sized. Give me a break. Why not put all the sizes 0-8 in another section and call it the Eat a Sandwich Sized?

Those cackling hens talked about it on The View? Didn't even know that drivel was still on. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Those cackling hens talked about it on The View? Didn't even know that drivel was still on. 

Yeah, I don't actually watch it but it was on that channel when I turned on my TV, and I was like "ooh, they're gonna rip apart this Kmart shit," then it turned out they all loved it. Shrews.

11 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, I don't actually watch it but it was on that channel when I turned on my TV, and I was like "ooh, they're gonna rip apart this Kmart shit," then it turned out they all loved it. Shrews.

I always envision a flock of hens cackling away when I see these women. This is probably why. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 1

Totally off topic, but. . .

? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! ?

I turned 79 today. Frankly, it's less celebration & more amazement that I've made it this far.

Today is my Day of Gluttony; TG & Xmas don't come close to how many calories I am going to consume today.

But a part of the amazement of the day for me is that the calories I consume today are only about a 1/3 of what I used to eat on a DAILY basis.

Whitney, if you're lurking today, be it known that you still have time to make some changes in your life. If you don't, you won't see 49, much less 79.

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 21
On 9/13/2017 at 1:19 PM, momofsquid said:

Yup, I've been saying that myself - I know of two TLC shows that were delayed in their new seasons last year in a similar way.  One was "Sister Wives" (which also has not been officially renewed for 2017) and the other was "Long Island Medium" (which I also haven't heard about).  Both shows were in limbo last year but ended up with new seasons later than expected after the Duggar mess left a gaping hole in the schedule.  And let's not forget how they exhume "Little People Big World" every year just when you think it's gone for good and they've exhausted every possible fake story line they could possibly manufacture!

• Love 1

Happy Birthday Dot!  You are a woman after my own heart.  I too have lost a fair amount of weight, and I do indulge myself on my birthday.  I figure if I only do that on a special occasion, then it helps me get through those times when I am sorely tempted by the ice cream aisle in my local Wegmans.  Glad to hear I am not alone!  Have a great day and enjoy your extra calories.

• Love 1