Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, aliya said:

haka

Just because I love haka, 2 more:

School boys honoring their teacher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt6GRghrmaU

Father welcoming his Returned Missionary daughter (Mormon) back home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVcAyFiFeE0.  There are many Pacific Islanders who are Mormon and there is a big Polynesian Culture Center sponsored by the Church at BYU Hawaii. 

I used to show haka videos when I taught the class on teams in my management course.  Eye-opening for a bunch of peeps in the Midwest. : )

HA! Got it now (I think), at least in terms of the first video with the sticking out of tongues. Actually, that first video looks more like BGDC following Twit-inspired choreography -- all arm swinging, no leg movement.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Dot said:

Here's Twit's latest load of crap. (This from the woman who's too lazy to even pick up the junk in her bedroom before filming.)

https://fabuplusmagazine.com/summer-time-cleaning/

Lol.  There is a gal on 90 day fiancé who does the same thing. It must take her hours to get the perfect booty shot but she can't spend five minutes cleaning up the room. Whit doesn't appear to crave order and flow in her life. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Dot said:

Here's Twit's latest load of crap. (This from the woman who's too lazy to even pick up the junk in her bedroom before filming.)

Summer cleaning. But not the Windex-Comet-kind. There are my social media feeds overflowing with trolls I don’t know or respect,

Hi Whitney !  :waves:

Frankly, I don't believe it.

This is a woman who's father bemoans her slobby suv, and who's cat shits in the corner of the house.

• Love 5

Hey, she says she's going "to learn to cook so I can nourish my body."  Since Whitney has already made it clear she isn't interested in weight loss, tracking her nutritional intake or restricting her eating in any way, her idea of learning to cook is something that might actually be hilarious to watch happen.

Episode 1 - Whitney is shocked to learn that microwaving frozen dinners is not considered cooking. And she worked so hard to memorize the time/temperature instructions on the packets of all her favorite pre-fried tidbits!

Episode 2 -  Whitney is shocked to learn that the eight-ounce measuring cup her father had tried to give her, and she rejected as too small to hold a useful portion of anything, was not only considered very useful by most cooks, but would actually hold enough salad dressing for eight salads!

Episode 3 - Whitney models her senshus side and tries to seduce Rocco DiSpirito as he attempts to explain his favorite boneless chicken breast recipes.. Many jokes (from Whitney) about her own breasts. Extra funny moment when she tastes his finished dish, makes "oh how yummy" smiles to his face, then dumps the food in the trash behind his back and mugs for the camera.  Later she complains to Buddy how hard cooking is and then she doesn't even like the food, and they order four pizzas.

Episode 4 -- Whitney is "spontaneously" "invited" to cook as a sous chef in the kitchen of some famous Greensboro establishment and is fired when caught drinking from the container of heavy cream that was being chilled for the pastry chef.

Episode  5- Whitney meets with a "nutritionist" who assures her that if she just trusts her body's impulses and eats what it tell her it needs, she will be nourishing her body appropriately. Whitney communes with her body about its needs and orders 4 pizzas.

Episode 6 - Whitney invites the BGDC and the barnacles to a dinner that she has cooked herself. She frantically rummages through cookbooks to make up a menu. Mattie offers to help her make fried chicken, but an anxious Whitney eats all the chicken before the guests arrive.  Everyone laughs and then they all go out for pizza.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 22
8 hours ago, qqererer said:

Hi Whitney !  :waves:

Frankly, I don't believe it.

This is a woman who's father bemoans her slobby suv, and who's cat shits in the corner of the house.

Summer cleaning. But not the Windex-Comet-kind. There are my social media feeds overflowing with trolls I don’t know or respect,

Like @qqererer, I was struck by this comment, among others, in Twit's FabUplus article. Obviously, from what she said about me on her FB page, we of this forum are some of the "trolls" ? of whom she writes. But she has far more bullies, sycophants & psychopaths on her FB page than people who speak the truth to her (aka trolls accordinging to her misguided view). Why isn't she cleaning those folks out of her life?

43 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Hey, she says she's going "to learn to cook so I can nourish my body."  Since Whitney has already made it clear she isn't interested in weight loss, tracking her nutritional intake or restricting her eating in any way, her idea of learning to cook is something that might actually be hilarious to watch happen.

Episode 1 - Whitney is shocked to learn that microwaving frozen dinners is not considered cooking. And she worked so hard to memorize the time/temperature instructions on the packets of all her favorite pre-fried tidbits!

Episode 2 -  Whitney is shocked to learn that the eight-ounce measuring cup her father had tried to give her, and she rejected as too small to hold a useful portion of anything, was not only considered very useful by most cooks, but would actually hold enough salad dressing for eight salads!

Episode 3 - Whitney models her senshus side and tries to seduce Rocco DiSpirito as he attempts to explain his favorite boneless chicken breast recipes.. Many jokes (from Whitney) about her own breasts. Extra funny moment when she tastes his finished dish, makes "oh how yummy" smiles to his face, then dumps the food in the trash behind his back and mugs for the camera.  Later she complains to Buddy how hard cooking is and then she doesn't even like the food, and they order four pizzas.

Episode 4 -- Whitney is "spontaneously" "invited" to cook as a sous chef in the kitchen of some famous Greensboro establishment and is fired when caught drinking from the container of heavy cream that was being chilled for the pastry chef.

Episode  5- Whitney meets with a "nutritionist" who assures her that if she just trusts her body's impulses and eats what it tell her it needs, she will be nourishing her body appropriately. Whitney communes with her body about its needs and orders 4 pizzas.

Episode 6 - Whitney invites the BGDC and the barnacles to a dinner that she has cooked herself. She frantically rummages through cookbooks to make up a menu. Mattie offers to help her make fried chicken, but an anxious Whitney eats all the chicken before the guests arrive.  Everyone laughs and then they all go out for pizza.

Oh, god. This is so funny! ? I wish you were one of the MBFFL scriptwriters!

• Love 1

The FA movement is big on "nourishing the body." I don't think they understand what that means. "Nourish" involves encouraging good health. If Whitney learns and prepares even ONE healthy recipe (or proper portion size), I'll eat my hat.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

The FA movement is big on "nourishing the body." I don't think they understand what that means. "Nourish" involves encouraging good health. If Whitney learns and prepares even ONE healthy recipe (or proper portion size), I'll eat my hat.

Which is more nourishing than anything else Twit puts in her body.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Dot said:

a TED talk

I HATE IT when people do that. Giving a TED talk is a big fucking deal, it's a huge honor. What she gave was a TEDx talk which anyone can do, absolutely anyone can organize a TEDx event, some are organized by well respected organizers in major cities and have great speakers, some will let basically anyone speak and spew utter non-sense with basically zero vetting.

The only way Whit would be allowed anywhere near a TED stage is if she received a Ph.D. and published a groundbreaking and peer reviewed research paper proving that PCOS causes weight gain in violation of the laws of thermodynamics.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, John M said:

I HATE IT when people do that. Giving a TED talk is a big fucking deal, it's a huge honor. What she gave was a TEDx talk which anyone can do, absolutely anyone can organize a TEDx event, some are organized by well respected organizers in major cities and have great speakers, some will let basically anyone speak and spew utter non-sense with basically zero vetting.

The only way Whit would be allowed anywhere near a TED stage is if she received a Ph.D. and published a groundbreaking and peer reviewed research paper proving that PCOS causes weight gain in violation of the laws of thermodynamics.

Well said. And you can even see the TEDx banner behind Twit in the YouTube video of her speech, so there's no doubt about what event she's at.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Where IS old twit ??

Good question. She has said in a live chat that she doesn't know anything about a new season & she doesn't appear to be taping. Yet TLC has maintained a relationship on its website, app & MBFFL FB page.

Speaking of the MBFFL FB page, don't miss the new (Aug 18) advice column for a good look at how big Twit is now. The 1st item asks her what she does about "concern trolls," esp. if they are medical pros. Twit's response is so irresponsible that most of the comments indicate how bad her advice is rather than how beautiful & inspirational she is. The long comment from a woman who describes herself as both obese & a medical professional is especially good.

Edited by Dot
correct typo
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Good question. She has said in a live chat that she doesn't know anything about a new season & she doesn't appear to be taping. Yet TLC has maintained a relationship on its website, app & MBFFL FB page.

TLC does that with a lot of shows that never are formally cancelled but never come back either.  I can find web pages and Facebook pages for shows that haven't been on in 2 years and there are even new posts too!  I hate it that they don't formally cancel a lot of their shows.  I notice that they sometimes put a show on less frequently than they did in the past when the ratings fall but they don't want to cancel it yet.  But no one knows when or if they're going to renew it until the last minute, it seems.  They did this last year when a couple of new shows didn't work out and they had that Duggar mess.  Suddenly a couple of shows that were hanging in the balance came back with new seasons just when I thought they were going to go away.

20 hours ago, Dot said:

Like @qqererer, I was struck by this comment, among others, in Twit's FabUplus article. Obviously, from what she said about me on her FB page, we of this forum are some of the "trolls" ? of whom she writes. But she has far more bullies, sycophants & psychopaths on her FB page than people who speak the truth to her (aka trolls accordinging to her misguided view). Why isn't she cleaning those folks out of her life?

Oh, god. This is so funny! ? I wish you were one of the MBFFL scriptwriters!

Whitney complaining about trolls? She's the meanest of them all! 

• Love 2

What I want to know is, why does Twit open her mouth wide enough to swallow the iceberg that sank the Titanic, if she truly doesn't like cake?  How about taking a smaller piece and opening her mouth like normal people do?  I don't need a block sized piece of cake in order to know if I like the flavor or texture.  She's so phony. 

• Love 1
On 8/21/2017 at 3:25 PM, Ocean Chick said:

What I want to know is, why does Twit open her mouth wide enough to swallow the iceberg that sank the Titanic, if she truly doesn't like cake?  How about taking a smaller piece and opening her mouth like normal people do?  I don't need a block sized piece of cake in order to know if I like the flavor or texture.  She's so phony. 

Because she likes all the things in cake it's just cake isn't her favorite delivery method for them.

From what we have seen on the show it really looks like Whit has a serious compulsive eating disorder and she will shovel anything full of fat, carbs and sugar in her mouth if you put it in front of her. I believe her, I think she doesn't like cake and that's part of the problem. I bet she actually considers herself a really picky eater and doesn't think she eats that much while the eye roll from her mothers says she might say she doesn't like cake but if you leave some left over cake in the kitchen it ends up in her stomach awfully fast none-the-less.

Edited by John M
  • Love 4

According to Twit's recent live chat, she hung out with Jason Isenberger again waiting for the solar eclipse. In the car -- she is always in her car -- with them was a woman ID'd as Connie Simpson of Pilgrim Media Group.

I checked PMG's website; it turns out to be the production company for MBFFL. Connie's bio states she is from Greensboro.

So, was she just visiting her hometown? Or is this an indication that TLC is ready to renew?

8 hours ago, Dot said:

According to Twit's recent live chat, she hung out with Jason Isenberger again waiting for the solar eclipse. In the car -- she is always in her car -- with them was a woman ID'd as Connie Simpson of Pilgrim Media Group.

I checked PMG's website; it turns out to be the production company for MBFFL. Connie's bio states she is from Greensboro.

So, was she just visiting her hometown? Or is this an indication that TLC is ready to renew?

Interesting. I pretty much don't care at this point. What else could they show, besides maybe her putting in some sort of effort towards better health? 

Yeah. doubting that, thought I'd watch that. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I missed something.  Who is  Jason Isenberger?

He's the gay guy Twit is forcing into cuddling with her in the upthread photo. (See my Aug 9 post.)

Edited by Dot
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Interesting. I pretty much don't care at this point. What else could they show, besides maybe her putting in some sort of effort towards better health? 

Yeah. doubting that, thought I'd watch that. 

That was what the original premise of the show was & she has done a 180 from that to stating she isn't trying to lose weight any more. (And her recent photos show she's sure living up to that commitment.) If there is a 5th season, I think all they'll do is repeat old story lines: another dance battle; BGDC appears in some parade or show or something; Twit, unwashed, goes to radio station to chat; Twit gets in an argument with Todd or another barnacle & makes up 3 episodes later; the parents celebrate a birthday or anniversary or something; Will enrolls Twit in another phony physical contest. And given that Twit appears to be 450+ pounds now, even those mundane activities will have her wheezing & panting.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Dot said:

That was what the original premise of the show was & she has done a 180 from that to stating she isn't trying to lose weight any more. (And her recent photos show she's sure living up to that commitment.) If there is a 5th season, I think all they'll do is repeat old story lines: another dance battle; BGDC appears in some parade or show or something; Twit, unwashed, goes to radio station to chat; Twit gets in an argument with Todd or another barnacle & makes up 3 episodes later; the parents celebrate a birthday or anniversary or something; Will enrolls Twit in another phony physical contest. And given that Twit appears to be 450+ pounds now, even those mundane activities will have her wheezing & panting.

Yeah I remember actually LIKING Whitney during her first season. Then they reversed direction to scripted drama and yes, her mundane activities and........weirdness. It got weird. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, qqererer said:

I don't think that she weighs 450.  It's tough to think that she's not, she looks absolutely huge, but this woman is only 5'2"  She's tiny, which is a tribute to how large she actually looks.  She's still currently mobile.

She's not 450lbs.  A simple image search proves it.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?gender=female&height=160&age=any&weight=172&pantSize=any&shirtSize=any&bodytype=

That's interesting; all the women seemed to be well over 450#s to me. However, I don't think I'm wrong about Twit. Did you go to the MBFFL FB page & get a look at her Aug 18 advice column photo?

• Love 1

If Whitney is 380 (she claims to have lost about 25 lb, but who really buys that), her BMI is almost 70. At my height, 5'11", I would have to weigh 500 lb to be "as fat as" she is. I weigh 1/3 that. It is STAGGERING how large she is, although I don't doubt that she is (barely) under 400.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

If Whitney is 380 (she claims to have lost about 25 lb, but who really buys that), her BMI is almost 70. At my height, 5'11", I would have to weigh 500 lb to be "as fat as" she is. I weigh 1/3 that. It is STAGGERING how large she is, although I don't doubt that she is (barely) under 400.

She and I are the same height. Four years ago I was 248 and my BMI was 45 point something - morbidly obese class II. Being too big to do things at my weight was hard enough, I can't imagine how it feels at hers. Now, 100+ lbs later, the difference is incredible and seeing her excuses and how difficult the simplest tasks are, has been a great reinforcement for me to continue to lose those last few stubborn pounds and not to backslide. Oh, and I have PCOS too. Yes, it's harder, I'll give her that, but it's certainly possible. You just gotta put some effort into it. (I"m also 20 years older than she is)

• Love 13
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Occasionally someone will comment on her FB page "how is your pregnancy going?" and I LOL. What a pack of idiots the Nit-Whits are. 

Yeah, I've noticed that, too, but couldn't believe they see her weight gain as pregnancy.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Dot said:

Yeah, I've noticed that, too, but couldn't believe they see her weight gain as pregnancy.

I just wonder if they even watch her show, or if they think it is ANOTHER pregnancy going on. I am afraid to ask ;)

• Love 3

Anyone with a large social media following can apply to be a speaker! They have a place for applications for speakers right below the one for sponsors. 

That explains how Whit is speaking at a fashion event. Her picture really stands out- in a not-great way- among the other speakers. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachybean said:

Anyone with a large social media following can apply to be a speaker! They have a place for applications for speakers right below the one for sponsors. 

That explains how Whit is speaking at a fashion event. Her picture really stands out- in a not-great way- among the other speakers. 

I, too, figured that's the way she weaseled her way into a fashion event. Not only is her photo inappropriate, but it looks like it was tacked on at the last minute. These kinds of events are years in the planning. If Twit had been contacted by the organizers, rather than her soliticting them, you can bet she would have been crowing about it on her FB page months ago, not yesterday.

OK, doubters, now look at this recent photo of Twit on the beach at Hawaii & tell me again that she's not now at 450 #s! ««snort»» Even some of the Nit-Whits comments indicate that they are horrified at her weight gain since the end of Season Four. (And note that she's no longer in her "bikini.")

FB_IMG_1504021547679.jpg

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachybean said:

And if you click on the other speakers' pictures, you get linked to their fashion blog, or YouTube fashion channel. Click on La Whitney and you get linked to the ad for her NoBodyShame cruise. I guess there are still places available!

• Love 3

Whit is not curvy. Curves are created by ins and outs in the silhouette, while Whit's shape goes out and stays out. Her curves got lost in the fat about 200 pounds ago. Other girls on that page *are* attractively curvy and IMO it's insulting to curvy women to include Whit in that demographic.

• Love 8

When I see pics like that, I get too curious for my own good about how she wipes her ass after using the bathroom! 

Yeah, she's on her way to becoming bedridden soon enough! Better enjoy that time at the beach. It will probably one of the last before she tips over that threshold.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

All I see when I look at that pic is how hard her body has to work to even function at this point. She will not make it to age 50 at this rate.

Given her probable health problems, I think 40 will be a hard target.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Dot said:

Given her probable health problems, I think 40 will be a hard target.

Truth, I was trying to be super generous ;)

It's really amazing to me how much Fat Activists promote "feeling hot" over "feeling healthy." I swear to god, they'd rather be called sexy by some creepy dudes on the internet than hear that their glucose levels are normal from a board-certified physician.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

When I see pics like that, I get too curious for my own good about how she wipes her ass after using the bathroom! 

Because I wandered down the rabbit hole, I suspect we will soon be product placement for this or something similar.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, MegD said:

Because I wandered down the rabbit hole, I suspect we will soon be product placement for this or something similar.

I hope you know that this will follow you, and ads for similar products will appear on many pages you open, and I may have opened it  enough to get caught.
And amazon will send you emails about it.
I've been stalked by plus-sized beauty parlor chairs, and because I cracked up at an ad I saw on TV...don't search for Perfect Smile at amazon or elsewhere.
Fair warning.

• Love 4

Uhhhh...this creature, Whitney, was once scared crying about the possibility of getting Type 2 at one point yes? Look, I get that when your THAT large you want to feel good about yourself and do things that normal people do like go to the beach, wear a swimsuit, etc. but like....is there NO self shame that comes across your brain at all??? I am just baffled. Are these big girls just tying to prove a point no matter what? Is it revenge for all the crap they have gone through from others all their lives? Never in a billion years would I prance around like some of them do let alone take and POST pictures. I'm sorry. Are they so engrossed with "loving themselves" that their brain checks out from the health side of things. Can't wait till these chunkers hit their mid forties. They are in for one hell of a wake up call. Brutally I would say. 

• Love 2

I mean, call me old fashioned, but I would just never post a picture of myself in a bikini* on the internet, and I look okay in one (as okay as a toddler mom can look, anyway). It's not about shame, it's about some semblance of modesty. We don't need to post photographs of every activity we partake in (or every outfit we wear) on the internet for public consumption.

*I actually don't wear bikinis anymore, because I found that after age 30 I just started feeling kind of ridiculous in a bikini. YMMV.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Dot said:

OK, doubters, now look at this recent photo of Twit on the beach at Hawaii & tell me again that she's not now at 450 #s! ««snort»» Even some of the Nit-Whits comments indicate that they are horrified at her weight gain since the end of Season Four. (And note that she's no longer in her "bikini.")

FB_IMG_1504021547679.jpg

What has to go wrong in one's life to wind up like THIS?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Nacho said:

Uhhhh...this creature, Whitney, was once scared crying about the possibility of getting Type 2 at one point yes? Look, I get that when your THAT large you want to feel good about yourself and do things that normal people do like go to the beach, wear a swimsuit, etc. but like....is there NO self shame that comes across your brain at all??? I am just baffled. Are these big girls just tying to prove a point no matter what? Is it revenge for all the crap they have gone through from others all their lives? Never in a billion years would I prance around like some of them do let alone take and POST pictures. I'm sorry. Are they so engrossed with "loving themselves" that their brain checks out from the health side of things. Can't wait till these chunkers hit their mid forties. They are in for one hell of a wake up call. Brutally I would say. 

I think so. Whitney especially is empowered in part by her fanbase and it's turned her into a bully herself. Pick on anything about a photo of her and her army verbally mauls you. As someone who was bullied when I was a kid, it never occurred to me to do such a thing to others because it was done to me. 

Im all for no body shame and self-acceptance but people like Whitney have gone so far out of the box it's unreal. 

Whatever. Let em get type 2 by "loving themselves". 

• Love 4

I really believe Twit is pandering to the chubby chasers out there with these pics.

Otherwise,  she is also desperately trying to stay relevant to the Fat Acceptance movement.

Too bad, new, YOUNGER, fitter,  prettier, hotter women have come along as models, which will render her disabled body to the unfabulous pile of hasbeens, if- ever-was.

I say disabled, cuz Twit can't climb stairs--even when worried about her mom's life, or in her own house,  put on her own shoes,  walk a city block at a normal pace without resting, or manage her food choices towards healthy items. Her habits are crap.  Her depression is showing as she continues to cry when confronted.

Nope, soooo many smarter, healthier  women are showing up on ads who are really working on their fitness v. lending lip service to pizza and Starbux. 

Put your fork away,  Twit. You're done. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Nancypants said:

What has to go wrong in one's life to wind up like THIS?

Eating disorders are a bitch. I feel very bad for her in that respect. Doesn't get her off of the hook for not emptying the litter box though!

• Love 2

The "shame" Twit should feel is not because of her size. It's her smug attitude about it. It's her refusal to acknowledge that she is not healthy. It's her urging vulnerable women to participate in her delusions. There is no shame in her enjoying any activity she wants to, as long as she is also working on her improving her health thru a routine of diet & exercise. She is not & that's what bugs me about her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

I say disabled, cuz Twit can't climb stairs--even when worried about her mom's life, or in her own house,  put on her own shoes,  walk a city block at a normal pace without resting. . .

The lipidema in both her thighs has really increased in the past several months. How does she "dance" any more on those legs, something she claims she lives for?

More & more I'm thinking a new season of MBFFL is in limbo cuz TLC realizes at her current size & shape she is unable to do much of anything, fab or not.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 7