Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

Wow.Twit looks like she weighs 500 #s in this photo -- and she's sideways, not facing front.

FB_IMG_1502130977713.jpg

Good lord. She is just tremendously large. Glenn looks concerned in this photo.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh and I just looked at the comments on the pic on FB, and it might be the first pic ever where not a single Nit-Whit has written "OMG U HAVE LOST SOOOO MUCH WAITE!!!" [sic]

Yes, talk about an elephant in the room, all happy anniversary and no mention of Whit.

• Love 3

Whatever photographer Whit/her family/TLC are hiring, they need to seriously reconsider. Only 1 of the promo shots I've seen look halfway decent while the rest make her look terrible. In this recent photo, Glen is shoved half off set and looking miserable while Whit's breasts rub into her brothers shoulder. They should have put Glen behind his 2 kids. They could also have put Whit in back, but I suspect this is a promo so they want to show her and her full body.

1 hour ago, alabetser said:

Whatever photographer Whit/her family/TLC are hiring, they need to seriously reconsider. Only 1 of the promo shots I've seen look halfway decent while the rest make her look terrible. In this recent photo, Glen is shoved half off set and looking miserable while Whit's breasts rub into her brothers shoulder. They should have put Glen behind his 2 kids. They could also have put Whit in back, but I suspect this is a promo so they want to show her and her full body.

Actually, that's Rufus "Tal" Fish, not Hunter Thore. But I see your point about the photog, esp. if the same one also took the white-pants cruise promo photo. However, think of what the photog has to work with. Twit is certainly keeping her vow not to lose weight. To once again quote Dr Now: "at 600 pounds, if you are not losing weight, you are gaining weight." From personal experience I'd say that applies to 400 #ers, too.

Maybe Glenn looks so sour because he figures his daughter is unemployed & likely to be moving back in with him & Babs! BTW, with Twit in the photo, there's not enuf room for 3 other people. Not the photog's fault he's hanging off the edge.

Interesting that we can see Twit's double chin, maybe another photog mistake. Twit is certainly careful in her selfie head-shot poses to hide that chin.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4

I really think Whitney is at the point where she would look huge from any angle, no matter what the photographer did. Maybe put her behind a giant fern, but are there even any adequately-sized species of fern on planet Earth? Even a carefully posed head-only shot taken from above, her face is so round and fat.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Dot said:

Wow.Twit looks like she weighs 500 #s in this photo -- and she's sideways, not facing front.

FB_IMG_1502130977713.jpg

Whitney is at a size where even if she lost s great deal of weight, her body is shot. The amount of skin she'll need to have removed will have her looking like Frankenstein's monster. She's really made a mess of herself.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Dot said:

Actually, that's Rufus "Tal" Fish, not Hunter Thore.

Ah, I can't keep Todd/Tal/whoever straight anymore. But that raises another question, why is Tal posing with Whit and her parents in a family style portrait? And why is he holding her mother's hand like a proud son? Weird. 

• Love 13

Glenn looks shell-shocked. I think he knows all of his encouragement--whether for the cameras or not-- has gone unheard and unheeded, and will continue thus in the future. Babs has her standard Southern Belle Bless-Your-Heart smile mask on.

Both of the parents have had/still have serious health issues. They look like they know they will never see their pride and joy slim, married, become a mother, maintain a career, or even just be plain old American overweight. (as opposed to super-obese)

Brother, like many young adult males has detached because everything is awkward. Tal. (???) He puts on that Southern Belle face too. Underneath I think he knows Whitney is doomed on her current course.

Show should be retitled "Go Big and Go Home." Whitney's parents will be forced to care for her until they become incapacitated or dead. Thus the look on Glenn's face.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Whitney is at a size where even if she lost s great deal of weight, her body is shot. The amount of skin she'll need to have removed will have her looking like Frankenstein's monster. She's really made a mess of herself.

I think this is the 2nd major reason why she doesn't want to lose weight, the 1st one being that it's very difficult. Right now, she can be the "sensous" BBW for all the chubby chasers out there, but as far as I know, no one has a fetish for loose skin.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, RubyRena17 said:

Brother, like many young adult males has detached because everything is awkward. Tal. (???) He puts on that Southern Belle face too. Underneath I think he knows Whitney is doomed on her current course.

I think Hunter is completely over it.  I don't think that he's really close with the rest of the family either.  Seems like the quiet, observing type.  And while he might get along with Glen, he's probably not as close with his mother, since his mother is the 'I reward you for entertaing me' type which means that Tal fits that role perfectly.  Whit fits the role too, except for the disappointment of no husband/kids/job.

Season 1 he gave his sister the 'You're doing a good thing' speech, but I think that was the expectation that the TV show would be a documentation of her working towards the life she deserved, instead it was the TLC freakshow that it became.

Notice that he said NOTHING during the bellydancing setup?  In town to visit the parents, and the last thing he wanted was to go to a taping of fake bellydancing.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, qqererer said:

I think Hunter is completely over it.

I saw Hunter more present in Season 4 than any other. Also, he is advertised as one of the "friends and family" going on the cruise. He seems to turn up when he wants to, probably when he's unemployed as an actor/musician in NYC.

• Love 2

Once again Twit is forcing a gay guy to "cuddle" with her. (Twit doesn't say Jason Isenberger is gay, but a Nit-Whit comment identifies him as such.) Twit's caption is "Don't mind us, just making some tv" & one Nit-Twit describes him as a "producer." So either MBFFL is back, or this is just a taping of one of those TLC advice videos.

FB_IMG_1502341683015.jpg

Edited by Dot
  • Love 2

Does Whitney even NOTICE how horrified he looks?

And that he is calling for help on a walkie-talkie?

And, most of the Nit-Whits are asking if he is her "new boo", commenting on how "hot" he looks, and saying how sexy they look together.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

And that he is calling for help on a walkie-talkie?

And, most of the Nit-Whits are asking if he is her "new boo", commenting on how "hot" he looks, and saying how sexy they look together.

And he is her COWORKER! And she is basically assaulting him by putting her giant ham-hock on him so he can't run away. This thirsty bitch, holy shit. She really does act like a young child who has been touched inappropriately and starts acting out sexually. I wish someone would address this. It would even explain the weight problem a little better than PCOS.

• Love 10

I have mentioned this before. Intervention-Hoarders-My 600 Lb Life especially, you go back and find there was always trauma of some kind, and with massive obesity, it usually turns out to be sexual abuse or rape.

Why is she the ONLY one in the family to be so massively heavy? As a "doctor on TV," I believe she has had an eating disorder or two from puberty and those were compounded by something sexually very WRONG.

That neediness of hers and the wall of "protective" fat present a sexual abuse story even if TLC does not.

PCOS. Not buying it. Never did.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

And he is her COWORKER! And she is basically assaulting him by putting her giant ham-hock on him so he can't run away.

As I said a ways upthread, Twit is a walking lawsuit & TLC should be VERY wary since that's where the deep pockets are. One of these days the man she sexually harrasses -- or assaults -- is going to go for a Big Pay Day.

• Love 7

I just took a little look around this guy's social media. He's openly gay, looks like he grew up in North Carolina and now lives in Hollywood where he's been doing low-level TV production for cable shows for about fifteen years. He has one TLC production credit from before Whitney became a YouTube star. The barnacles are all present in his Facebook following.  Could he be one of that crowd from high school days?

I somehow doubt that he's producing an episode for an unannounced Season 5 (not 4 as I incorrectly stated). I really don't believe an unannounced Season 5 episode would involve any of the producers rolling around on a bed with Whitney, at least, not for on camera purposes.  And I REALLY don't believe Whitney would still be so close-mouthed about a new season if filming had started on it.  My guess is she knows pics of her with a guy increase the Nit Whits attention to her page, and since the number of responses to her recent postings have been dropping, she's decided to try this to get the numbers up.

And I too, wonder why she hasn't even made a passing reference to the fact that Will Powell had surgery for a lung-related (benign) tumor yesterday. Hey Whit, in case you give a damn, the surgery went well, the tumor was much larger than expected, but was indeed benign, no lung tissue was removed, he'll be in the hospital  for a few days and  is expected to make a full recovery.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I just took a little look around this guy's social media. He's openly gay, looks like he grew up in North Carolina and now lives in Hollywood where he's been doing low-level TV production for cable shows for about fifteen years. He has one TLC production credit from before Whitney became a YouTube star. The barnacles are all present in his Facebook following.  Could he be one of that crowd from high school days?

I somehow doubt that he's producing an episode for an unannounced Season 4. I really don't believe an unannounced Season 4 episode would involve any of the producers rolling around on a bed with Whitney, at least, not for on camera purposes.  And I REALLY don't believe Whitney would still be so close-mouthed about a new season if filming had started on it.  My guess is she knows pics of her with a guy increases the Nit Whits attention to her page, and since the number of responses to her recent postings have been dropping, she's decided to try this to get the numbers up.

And I too, wonder why she hasn't even made a passing reference to the fact that Will Powell had surgery for a lung-related (benign) tumor yesterday.

Season 5. Thanks for sharing your very interesting research. I wonder if he's the photographer who's been shooting cruise promos, etc.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Dot said:

Season 5. Thanks for sharing your very interesting research. I wonder if he's the photographer who's been shooting cruise promos, etc.

Argh! I keep doing that! Probably because I don't believe in a world where this show would run for that many seasons. :-) Thanks, I will correct my post.

• Love 2

Sorry I have been absent awhile. Work has been insane and then of course baby takes all my energy! So finally got on her page and saw that post. She is sooo desperate. She truly is! It makes me sad she is just one year younger than me. I doubt there is a 5 filming. Given how rapid tlc has been with annoucing shows lately I don't see them holding out long to announce the renewal/cancellation. I figure if we don't hear anything by the first of the year than its a no go.  I didn't know Will had surgery. :( glad it went well and was begin. I know how scary that can be.  

• Love 2

I strongly agree with the above poster who says there is probably sexual abuse of some kind in her past.

I will add that I have always gotten a really creepy vibe from her family.

Everything is food or sexual with her.   And being a bully.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Dot said:

Once again Twit is forcing a gay guy to "cuddle" with her. (Twit doesn't say Jason Isenberger is gay, but a Nit-Whit comment identifies him as such.) Twit's caption is "Don't mind us, just making some tv" & one Nit-Twit describes him as a "producer." So either MBFFL is back, or this is just a taping of one of those TLC advice videos.

FB_IMG_1502341683015.jpg

Unfortunately for her, this may finally give TLC the reason to kick her to the curb. Somehow I don't think TLC wants to be the deep pocket in the coming sexual harassment lawsuit.

• Love 2

Umm she got huge the second she got out from her parent's control as a young adult. I wouldn't insult abuse survivors just like in wouldn't insult PCOS people with such a crude association of her behaviours.

I'd like to think that she's morbidly obese because she has no concept of either work, or consequence.

And the Will thing. WTF? Zero mention? Really?

If that were the case, probably never see him on the show again. Even if the cross fit barbell boob episode were scripted it still takes guts for him to utter 'I believe in you Whit'.

She has time to freak out about a rando fat logician freaking out about the private conversations of a fellow passenger on an airplane, but not for a fellow cast member.

Wow.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Umm she got huge the second she got out from her parent's control as a young adult. I wouldn't insult abuse survivors just like in wouldn't insult PCOS people with such a crude association of her behaviours.

Yeah, I still think the best explanation for Twit's behavior is from whoever here on the forum came up with the diagnosis of histrionic personality disorder. She's a textbook example of that disorder.

• Love 5
On 8/10/2017 at 6:07 PM, Cherrio said:

I strongly agree with the above poster who says there is probably sexual abuse of some kind in her past.

I will add that I have always gotten a really creepy vibe from her family.

Everything is food or sexual with her.   And being a bully.

I've been thinking the same thing for a long time but just didn't want to say it.  Although the abuse doesn't necessarily have to be sexual in her case her creepy overemphasis on sex makes me lean toward that.

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:11 AM, Me from ME said:

The Nit Whits are such an inconsistent bunch. Have you noticed that if anyone posts a critical comment about Whitney, the Nits immediately start doing a deep dive into that person's social media, and start slinging insults about the poster's appearance, intelligence, education, character and outfits? (I know you've noticed, Dot! :)) Yet all Whitney has to do is post a photograph of herself with some guy, and the Nits completely lose their ability to even find his linked Facebook page?

Response after response asking "Is this your new boo?" "This guy is so hot - Whitney, is this your new man?" soon devolves into squeeing about how happy she looks and what a sexy couple they make and how does Whitney find so many cute guys to date?  And yet one simple click on the guy's Facebook page and it's as clear as his posted picture of the White House lit up in gay pride colors on the day the US Supreme Court decided Obergefell v. Hodges that he is not likely to be dating La Whitney. It seems her fans' bottom line is to either attack or ignore anything that threatens their view of  the Fabulous Life.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I've been thinking the same thing for a long time but just didn't want to say it.  Although the abuse doesn't necessarily have to be sexual in her case her creepy overemphasis on sex makes me lean toward that.

I'm going to disagree.  If that behaviour were to be seen in men, it would just be considered just regular creepy dude behaviour due to the 'male sex drive'.  I don't understand why women can't be just as creepy as dudes without having some sort of abuse in the past.

Whitney has obsessions about EVERYTHING.  Nobody is required to be abused to behave the way that she does.

In her book she already had obsessions about CHOCOLATE MILK as a CHILD.

I'm not a therapist, but it doesn't make sense to get abused, then pack on 250lbs to protect one self, then seek more attention for male gaze and/or public attention through her social media activities pre MBFFL.

Simplicity being what it is, I think it's better to assume that she loves sex, food, attention, and drama absent from any form of trauma.

• Love 4

As sad as Whitney's life is, it probably is much more fabulous than that of any of the Nit-Whits. Now, just stop rewarding her, cancel the show. Although I will miss the insights of all of you who post.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, qqererer said:

I'm going to disagree.  If that behaviour were to be seen in men, it would just be considered just regular creepy dude behaviour due to the 'male sex drive'.  I don't understand why women can't be just as creepy as dudes without having some sort of abuse in the past.

Whitney has obsessions about EVERYTHING.  Nobody is required to be abused to behave the way that she does.

In her book she already had obsessions about CHOCOLATE MILK as a CHILD.

I'm not a therapist, but it doesn't make sense to get abused, then pack on 250lbs to protect one self, then seek more attention for male gaze and/or public attention through her social media activities pre MBFFL.

Simplicity being what it is, I think it's better to assume that she loves sex, food, attention, and drama absent from any form of trauma.

ITA. While it's true that childhood sexual abuse can cause what seems to be contradictory behavior, I just don't see that in Twit's case. Her pathetic need for attention -- me, me, ME -- coupled with the hypersexuality & other characteristics of her behavior just fit the armchair diagnosis of histrionic personality disorder perfectly.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

ITA. While it's true that childhood sexual abuse can cause what seems to be contradictory behavior, I just don't see that in Twit's case. Her pathetic need for attention -- me, me, ME -- coupled with the hypersexuality & other characteristics of her behavior just fit the armchair diagnosis of histrionic personality disorder perfectly.

If anything, all her issues would probably stem from being raised by Babs and Glen.  Overbearing, realist dad, vs mom that rewards for anything.  I don't have a term for that, but basically the opposite of what a tiger mom is.

Basically, she's a spoiled rich kid.  No sexual abuse required.

• Love 6

Here's another example of Twit's need to always inject something sexual into any moment. Her caption is "Happy birthday, Zachary. (Sorry, the only photo I have is us posing with boxer briefs at the post office.)" The "apology" is totally unnecessary since it is impossible to tell that they're holding underwear EXCEPT that Twit wants her FB followers to know that. She is desperate, as @AmyB pointed out, and pathetic. Her demands these days on Donna Lee must be overwhelming.

FB_IMG_1502728366730.jpg

• Love 1

Babs was really cute when she was younger. And, since she had been a model she was probably very weight conscious. Whit must have been aware of this on some level, if even subconsciously, and so she realized she couldn't ever be as cute, or as thin I think she didn't even enter that competition.  At first, she was just dealing with being overweight but then as others have said when she got to be on her own she could eat as much as she wanted.

It's possible her psychic hunger (not quite measuring up while at home) resulted in promiscuity and it was at  that time she was sexually abused which resulted in her present state.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Me from ME said:

Babs was really cute when she was younger. And, since she had been a model she was probably very weight conscious. Whit must have been aware of this on some level, if even subconsciously, and so she realized she couldn't ever be as cute, or as thin I think she didn't even enter that competition.  At first, she was just dealing with being overweight but then as others have said when she got to be on her own she could eat as much as she wanted.

It's possible her psychic hunger (not quite measuring up while at home) resulted in promiscuity and it was at  that time she was sexually abused which resulted in her present state.

I've always thought her weight problem related to a sense of having to compete with a model -- and failing. I don't think the possibility of sexual abuse needs to enter into that equation.

• Love 2

I think you all are right about Twit's histrionic, narcissistic disorder, AND the probable sexual abuse/assault.  She's a hot mess of psychological issues. 

Love your analysis,  Ketzel, of her followers on Facebook. Dumb as rocks.

• Love 1

I just wanted to clarify that, while I did bring up sexual abuse as a possibility, I'm not saying she was abused. Just that she acts out sexually like someone who has been, and that there have been many cases of the onset of obesity being directly tied to such an incident where the victim chooses to eat a lot to make her/himself impenetrable and "unattractive." She definitely has histrionic personality, no doubt about that. I just wonder if there is another underlying reason, and what that reason might be. I don't know if personality disorders happen in a vacuum. My father is a textbook narcissist, and he was the victim of intense physical abuse by his father for many years.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I just wanted to clarify that, while I did bring up sexual abuse as a possibility, I'm not saying she was abused. Just that she acts out sexually like someone who has been, and that there have been many cases of the onset of obesity being directly tied to such an incident where the victim chooses to eat a lot to make her/himself impenetrable and "unattractive." She definitely has histrionic personality, no doubt about that. I just wonder if there is another underlying reason, and what that reason might be. I don't know if personality disorders happen in a vacuum. My father is a textbook narcissist, and he was the victim of intense physical abuse by his father for many years.

Attributing her terrible behaviour and personality to sexual abuse is as about as irresponsible as her attributing her weight gain to PCOS.

14 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Attributing her terrible behaviour and personality to sexual abuse is as about as irresponsible as her attributing her weight gain to PCOS.

That's why I didn't say it definitely happened, just that it can be a cause of dramatic weight gain and sexual acting-out. I am not being irresponsible by stating a possibility and calling it as much.

• Love 5