Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Brooke & Scott

Vyk
  • Start Topic

On 5/19/2017 at 2:33 AM, Nalan said:

Scott whines his way through another heights-based Roadblock,

Obviously, you do not suffer from a fear of heights and falling to your death and do not understand how crippling it is for those of us who do suffer from it.  The bungee jump was Scott's FOURTH heights-based task, and as he said, it was the ONE task he was most terrified of doing.  I'd be "whining," too, if I had to be constantly facing the one type of task that gave me nightmares and visions of something going wrong, thus ending in my going SPLAT on the ground like a watermelon dropped onto the sidewalk.  I just give him credit for not screaming like a girl as he did that bungee jump, because I for damn sure would be.  They'd have to throw me off that bridge with my eyes shut -- there's no way in HELL that I'd voluntarily jump off -- and I'd be hitting notes all the way down that only the local dogs could hear.

• Love 15

I think the key is the lack of physicality in this leg.  Everytime she is crying out she can't do it, it is when they are doing something physical.  You notice that she is completely spent at time when there is a race to the clue boxes.  Of course, she probably had a great flight out to Seoul, I hear Korean Airlines has one of the best economy class seats around.

I'm liking the new Brooke but I have to disagree. I think she complains more when it's a physical task. But she still complains. Eating fish isn't physical. Painting a mask isn't physical. She didn't complain she couldn't sing but she complained about people singing too loudly near her in Venice. I do think if the race had been more nonphysical (as some seasons have been) and she could have mostly hung out with her friends Lolo, she would have been happier. But then it wouldn't be a RAAACE. 

• Love 1
On 5/29/2017 at 10:07 AM, legaleagle53 said:
On 5/19/2017 at 4:33 AM, Nalan said:

Scott whines his way through another heights-based Roadblock,

Obviously, you do not suffer from a fear of heights and falling to your death and do not understand how crippling it is for those of us who do suffer from it.

And so what if he complained about it? He DID IT, with surprisingly little delay. I don't know if they could have unclenched my fingers from the rail if it was me. 

• Love 8

Becca & Floyd confirmed on their latest vlog that the introductions are done at the end of the race. Brooke & Scott look very happy in theirs. I'm not saying but I'm saying.......I so don't want them (her) to win but I really believe they will. They have the storyline edit all the way through. In terms of edit. I think they have had a bigger edit (air time) over Tara & Joey and definitely way over LoLo. I guess it could be a tight race between Brooke & Scott & Tara & Joey but I think Brooke & Scott will pull it out. Gosh darn it!

Yeah. I also just watched on youtube a video recap of episode 11 and they had Scott, Brooke and Logan as guests. Scott also said that the intros were done like 12 hours after the race ended.

You can tell Team Boys didn't win coz they looked quite serious (esp Matt) in theirs. Team Mom and Dad didn't look too happy either. London of Team LoLo had a big smile on, but I think that's just her default face as she is always happy/positive so she would still smile even if they had lost. So I think Team Scott/Brooke won as they looked so happy in theirs. Brooke said they just wanted to copy the intro of a team from past season, but I think if you just lost a race (and a million dollars), you really won't be in the mood to jump in your partner's arms. If they had lost, Brooke would have still been bickering with Scott-- probably blaming him for their loss-- even hours after the race...hehe. Also, Scott mentioned in that same recap that he was all about using strategy to win ("make alliances and drop them") even before the start of the race and so he was glad that everything worked out as he planned. Did he just unintentionally hinted that they won? Coz the studio sure got quiet for a few moments (dead air) after he said that. 

Hopefully I am wrong (Team LoLo is my fave)... :)

8 hours ago, AWu1977 said:

Yeah. I also just watched on youtube a video recap of episode 11 and they had Scott, Brooke and Logan as guests. Scott also said that the intros were done like 12 hours after the race ended.

You can tell Team Boys didn't win coz they looked quite serious (esp Matt) in theirs. Team Mom and Dad didn't look too happy either. London of Team LoLo had a big smile on, but I think that's just her default face as she is always happy/positive so she would still smile even if they had lost. So I think Team Scott/Brooke won as they looked so happy in theirs. Brooke said they just wanted to copy the intro of a team from past season, but I think if you just lost a race (and a million dollars), you really won't be in the mood to jump in your partner's arms. If they had lost, Brooke would have still been bickering with Scott-- probably blaming him for their loss-- even hours after the race...hehe. Also, Scott mentioned in that same recap that he was all about using strategy to win ("make alliances and drop them") even before the start of the race and so he was glad that everything worked out as he planned. Did he just unintentionally hinted that they won? Coz the studio sure got quiet for a few moments (dead air) after he said that. 

Hopefully I am wrong (Team LoLo is my fave)... :)

What recap did you watch that had Scott, Brooke and Logan as guests? I know only of Becca & Floyd's and London and her sister with Logan as a guest.

10 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

What recap did you watch that had Scott, Brooke and Logan as guests? I know only of Becca & Floyd's and London and her sister with Logan as a guest.

Hello! It is the Amazing Race Episode 11 recap of AfterBuzz TV on youtube. Sara (Shamir's partner) was also there. ☺

22 minutes ago, AWu1977 said:

Hello! It is the Amazing Race Episode 11 recap of AfterBuzz TV on youtube. Sara (Shamir's partner) was also there. ☺

Thanks. It's funny I only watch Survivor on AfterBuzz but I have never watched an Amazing Race. Don't ask me why though. LOL!!!

19 hours ago, AWu1977 said:

You can tell Team Boys didn't win coz they looked quite serious (esp Matt) in theirs. Team Mom and Dad didn't look too happy either. London of Team LoLo had a big smile on, but I think that's just her default face as she is always happy/positive so she would still smile even if they had lost. So I think Team Scott/Brooke won as they looked so happy in theirs. Brooke said they just wanted to copy the intro of a team from past season, but I think if you just lost a race (and a million dollars), you really won't be in the mood to jump in your partner's arms. If they had lost, Brooke would have still been bickering with Scott-- probably blaming him for their loss-- even hours after the race...hehe. Also, Scott mentioned in that same recap that he was all about using strategy to win ("make alliances and drop them") even before the start of the race and so he was glad that everything worked out as he planned. Did he just unintentionally hinted that they won? 

Um... well maybe youre right if Scott spoiled the ending on Afterbuzz.  But Brooke and Scott are also by far the most likey to play to the camera.  So given this stress free chance to film their best selves, they may have just turned it on.  A gal can hope!

1 hour ago, fib said:

Um... well maybe youre right if Scott spoiled the ending on Afterbuzz.  But Brooke and Scott are also by far the most likey to play to the camera.  So given this stress free chance to film their best selves, they may have just turned it on.  A gal can hope!

Well, we have one more night to find out. I'm on pins and needles. Now, that Survivor is over I am so dreading The Amazing Race ending, too. I know we waited a long time for it to return but I wished they held off until Survivor ended. It would have been a great 8 o'clock show for Wednesday's during the summer. Anyhoo, I think Brooke & Scott have the big win or have the massive meltdown and come in third. I'm leaning more towards first place. Much to my chagrin.

7 hours ago, fib said:

Less than 24 hours to go until the finale! So excited!? Even if Scott and Brooke wins, I hope they won the race convincingly, not just because of a mistake/wrong decision by another team (ie using the subway or a taxi driver takes them to the wrong location like what happened with Team Boys). Since all three teams are going back to the US on the same flight, I guess this levels the playing field? Like all three teams will start the final race at the same time. Hopefully, the fastest/best team will win!

• Love 2

Don't the final challenges usually involve some memory/intellect?  I bet, for all her flaws, Brooke has a good mind -- lawyers often have steel trap minds.  I'm really rooting for Tara and Joey, but neither seems like any kind of Einstein.

I posted on the main thread for the last leg but with everyone else gone, I'm rooting for Brooke & Scott. Somehow in spite of her constant... well, Brooke-ness, I still like them better than the other two teams and they've clawed their way into the finals so let's see what they can do.

• Love 1

Brooke & Scott should do a 50/50 split with the money.  Then they need to take $10,000 away from Brooke for every time she said "I can't do it" and give it to Scott.  At that point I think it will be a fair distribution of the money.

• Love 6

Well, I was spoiled early on about their win, so I've been biting my tongue for weeks now. Well, I guess it is what it is. Brooke will never be able to win me over with her now calmer demeanour after the way she cruelly treated Scott (yelling at and blaming him for her own faults several times, calling him names like a brat, etc) when they were at the back of the pack. Nope, just because you started getting to the front and then won, it doesn't make you a better or different person. 

I am happy for Scott, though. He really won me over, especially after his bad first episode where he looked like a total douche. He was almost as big of a beast as Matt was, with his ability to conquer his fear of heights several times, while dealing with Whiny Brooke. He carried her pack every leg to the mat, he dealt with Brooke's cynicism, and he got some snark in with the cameras. 

• Love 4

Unless Brooke tells me she acquired dyssentery of the mouth on the first leg, I will always consider this acheivement the most amazing victory by a single racer, literally carrying his partner the whole way.  Congrats Scott - your acheivement is AMAZING. 

• Love 10

I have to admit it.  They dropped the hammer and just killed this final leg.  Neither was perfect at the racetrack, but Brooke didn't let the frustration get to her.  She just changed the tires after four tries.  Scott stayed calm and finished his lap in three.  Then, they solved the riddles in a timely manner, got their postcards, delivered their hotdogs, and Brooke did a great job in directing Scott at the final task.  All that added up to a well-earned win of the whole race.

Congratulations to Scott, who deserves every penny!  I hope Brooke is embarrassed watching herself, especially if her firm has been keeping up with the season, as well.

• Love 4

I just watched the extended mat chat. Mike called out Brooke and she said she was sorry. He wasn't buying it. She didn't like that Phil called her Flo #2. She said she never gave up like Flo. No, you just whined, complained, cried and screamed like Flo.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Nalan said:

I have to admit it.  They dropped the hammer and just killed this final leg. 

Yeah, they may have "killed" this leg, but this was probably the easiest combination of tasks in the entire race.  It took all of the racers more tries at doing the cup challenge than both ends of the racing challenge.  And it certainly pales in comparison to the leg that took out Floyd and Becca.  They made a smart move at the start by checking their bags and being free of that extra weight (and extra time) for the rest of the leg, which gave them a nice lead over the other teams.  But that and not screwing anything up on this leg is hardly a $1,000,000 worthy feat.

24 minutes ago, chaifan said:

But that and not screwing anything up on this leg is hardly a $1,000,000 worthy feat.

Well they also survived the entire race where other teams did not and then crossed the finish line first making them the winners. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Seems like they maintained the lead they got by getting to the race track first, presumably due to their taxi arriving first.

Looks like Tara and Joey did best at the race track as Joey changed the tire in fewer tries than either of the women and Tara took 3 tries.  Only London did it in just two tries.

The other thing is, they identified the 3 landmarks correctly as the Chicago resident they asked helped them accurately whereas Tara and Joey got one of the places wrong.

As teams they probably ran between the landmarks about as fast as the other teams.  Seems like Brooke would be the slowest runner among the women.

So the random factors were in their favor, though they didn't slip up.

Ugh, hate to see them win but this was a cool leg otherwise, lot of running.  The boys probably would have covered the running best.

Edited by scrb
1 minute ago, scrb said:

As teams they probably ran between the landmarks about as fast as the other teams.  Seems like Brooke would be the slowest runner among the women.

But they were the only team to realize that perhaps they were in a metro station for a reason and took the metro station to the farthest landmark and ended up being closest to City Hall when they got the last one. Tara and Joey had caught up to them in the metro station they just did the landmarks all by foot, in addition to their mistake, and ended up the furthest from City Hall. L/L meandered and walked and used the subway but we're obviously far behind.

There is also a good chance it wasn't just taxi luck that got them to the Speedway first because they got out of the airport quicker due to the lack of bags.

• Love 2

Well, I have to give them credit for a race well run. Yes, Brooke was a total PITA but she did get her share of the roadblocks done. I don't think the other racers disliked Brooke nearly as much as the viewers did. She seemed to save most of her bitching and moaning for Scott, and acted decently enough toward the other racers. As a team, they managed to keep it together, befriend other teams when strategic, stay out of the drama and never get themselves U-turned. Brooke and Scott weren't mentioned as a team that the other teams saw as strong, or a threat, which helped them. Scott seemed pretty savvy. I give him a lot of credit for his patience and cool head, and conquering his fear of heights. I actually like him a lot, and I'm happy that he won. 

• Love 4

The other racers didn't see them as a threat or else they wouldn't have helped them.

The race could have ended for them at the ladle task.

That's a lesson for future racers.  Don't help under any circumstances.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, scrb said:

The other racers didn't see them as a threat or else they wouldn't have helped them.

The race could have ended for them at the ladle task.

That's a lesson for future racers.  Don't help under any circumstances.

Given that Sara and Shamir were hours behind them I imagine that even if no one helped her they still wouldn't have been eliminated. 

• Love 3
On 5/29/2017 at 11:07 AM, legaleagle53 said:

Obviously, you do not suffer from a fear of heights and falling to your death and do not understand how crippling it is for those of us who do suffer from it.  The bungee jump was Scott's FOURTH heights-based task, and as he said, it was the ONE task he was most terrified of doing.  I'd be "whining," too, if I had to be constantly facing the one type of task that gave me nightmares and visions of something going wrong, thus ending in my going SPLAT on the ground like a watermelon dropped onto the sidewalk.  I just give him credit for not screaming like a girl as he did that bungee jump, because I for damn sure would be.  They'd have to throw me off that bridge with my eyes shut -- there's no way in HELL that I'd voluntarily jump off -- and I'd be hitting notes all the way down that only the local dogs could hear.

You had me totally with this post until you said..."I just give him credit for not screaming like a girl..." ugh really, in 2017? A remark worthy of Redmond. :(

I'm happy that Scott and Brooke won. I had no problems with Scott, and Brooke was somewhat bearable in last week's episode and fairly decent in this one. Don't expect that they will be planning to stay on friendly terms like London and...well, just London.

I was rooting for London and Logan but I agree, they seemed pleasant and positive but not terribly passionate about winning. Maybe Logan was distracted by his budding romance with Sarah.

As for Tara and Joey, I'm ecstatic that they lost, just wish it was third place not second. Started disliking Tara quite a few episodes ago, but Joey turned out to be just as big a jerk, if not worse. Hope they don't return for any all star seasons.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, PreBabylonia said:

You had me totally with this post until you said..."I just give him credit for not screaming like a girl..." ugh really, in 2017? A remark worthy of Redmond. :(

I'm happy that Scott and Brooke won. I had no problems with Scott, and Brooke was somewhat bearable in last week's episode and fairly decent in this one. Don't expect that they will be planning to stay on friendly terms like London and...well, just London.

I was rooting for London and Logan but I agree, they seemed pleasant and positive but not terribly passionate about winning. Maybe Logan was distracted by his budding romance with Sarah.

As for Tara and Joey, I'm ecstatic that they lost, just wish it was third place not second. Started disliking Tara quite a few episodes ago, but Joey turned out to be just as big a jerk, if not worse. Hope they don't return for any all star seasons.

But Joey has such good hair. It'd be such a waste not to have him on a 2nd Chance season. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose

Sorry I could never forgive Brooke for what she said about Vanck and Ashton - like some are first rate and others are not or what ever it was, jsut too mean girl high school, Since I have not forgiven kids in High school, why should I forgive her? 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/6/2017 at 3:41 AM, holly4755 said:

Sorry I could never forgive Brooke for what she said about Vanck and Ashton - like some are first rate and others are not or what ever it was, jsut too mean girl high school, Since I have not forgiven kids in High school, why should I forgive her? 

That's understandable. I did think that all of them were equally culpable though, for treating Vanck and Ashton so badly. Made me not want to see ANY of them win, since they all supported ganging up on the two of them. I would like to know exactly why they were targeted though. Vanck seemed like a nice, albeit awkward young man.

Edited by PreBabylonia
Had their names transposed. :(
  • Love 1

I just rewatched this season and I found Brooke to be even more agonizing to watch a second time. She is several times more whiny than Flo ever was, and no one went out of their way to help Flo win (except the natives in one leg).