Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Big Girl Dance Battle

• Start Topic

Whitney's Big Girls gear up for the most intense performance of their lives; the Trophy Wives come packing a secret weapon that has Whitney calling foul; when an injury plagues her star dancer, Whitney loses her mind.

3 minutes ago, DNR said:

First scene Twit is at the radio station , looks like a dirty greasy shower free morning ?

She's super-busy don'tcha know.

I'm sorry but on what f*ing planet does a "professional dancer/choreographer" only have two or three rehearsals to prepare for a public performance and teach some of the choreography the night BEFORE a competition (fake or not)???? 

And while she can certainly dance better than me, I don't see how Cameron is an awesome dancer. IJS. Twit clearly has DDS (dancer dismorphic syndrome). 

• Love 12

"The rumor is that I am dating Victoria now."

In other words, there ain't nothing special about YOU, Whit. Roy fake dates everyone. 

Whoa! The prodigal son. Are they running out of people to pay to pretend to be Whit's friends?

Um, go Babs for asking about the horse. Ha. And, uh, I'd kind of like to have an update on that horse as well. DO we know that he's still alive?

• Love 7

So she cries foul with Jiya bringing in the little miss fits (which are part of her dance studio - the win competitions), but she can bring in Cameron who is not even part of the BGDC at all. Yeah hypocrite much?

• Love 14

Screw Whit for making fun of her parents for not knowing what "swipe right" means. Although it's becoming a popular phrase in pop culture and a lot of people know it not from using it but from other references, a lot of us missed the window to use it in. I've been married for 12 years. People were still posting on AOL singles and waiting for the dial up tone the last time I was single. 

"I think having someone who can actually dance..." "I think having some new blood in there will help". 

Why must we constantly be subjected treated to the bare stomach in each episode? 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 10

Jenzi and the CA CA POP  CA CA POP is just too ridiculous 

***my closed captioning says its CA CA BAH. CA CA BAH 

whichever it is ... It's ridiculous 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 6

if they win, this is soooo fixed.  All they are doing are standing there bopping and hitting sticks.  It looks so bad.  Their last rehearsal should be about polishing.

• Love 7

Ok, I have satellite radio and have for years, so excuse my lack of knowledge,  but is the Manny, LauRen and Roy show typical of radio these days? Those people are so annoying. Does anyone listen to those shows? Awful.

• Love 12

Whit didn't give two flips about Todd. She only knew that she was screwed. 

"I heard a loud pop..."

"Where?"

In the f***ing place on the leg that he's holding onto, moron. 

2 minutes ago, AmyB said:

if they win, this is soooo fixed.  All they are doing are standing there bopping and hitting sticks.  It looks so bad.  Their last rehearsal should be about polishing.

I don't believe that it's a real battle to start with. I think, like the ballroom dance competition, that it's just a bunch of random people or actors hired to pretend to be judges. The "talk" at her college was fake. The ballroom dance thing was fake. The folk festival thing was staged. I have no motivation to believe that this is any different. 

• Love 18

For the record, Whitney referred to Jenzi as "her." I can't believe I actually rewound it to listen. 

I actually don't mind her. I've been watching "Bring It" and some of those instructors do the "pah" "pow" stuff, too. I don't get it, but it seems to be a "thing."

• Love 5

I am kind of Team Jenzi. I think a lot of what she's done has been over the top but she seems to really want Whit's team to do well and she hasn't been WRONG in what she's said. Her delivery has just been a little harsh. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

I'm sorry but on what f*ing planet does a "professional dancer/choreographer" only have two or three rehearsals to prepare for a public performance and teach some of the choreography the night BEFORE a competition (fake or not)???? 

And while she can certainly dance better than me, I don't see how Cameron is an awesome dancer. IJS. Twit clearly has DDS (dancer dismorphic syndrome). 

This dance battle thing is hilarious!  They look absolutely ridiculous!  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Ok, I have satellite radio and have for years, so excuse my lack of knowledge,  but is the Manny, LauRen and Roy show typical of radio these days? Those people are so annoying. Does anyone listen to those shows? Awful.

Yes they are absolutely terrible. Most are worse. They think they're funny when they're not and sometimes they just say shit between commercials like some cute anecdote from their day that's supposed to be funny and it's always flat. It is so annoying, I can't listen to it.

My phone cord doesn't work in my car so I've had to listen to radio. It's a problem.

• Love 9

At the intro, the judges did NOT look thrilled to be there. I'm pretty sure the one guy was praying that no one he knows is watching this. Then Twit et cie danced and they just looked... well... less than dazzled.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Kramermom said:

This dance battle thing is hilarious!  They look absolutely ridiculous!  

The "dancing" is pitiful. Even the girl dancer who is supposed to be amazing is just.... high school mediocre. 

• Love 16
Just now, lovetheduns said:

The "dancing" is pitiful. Even the girl dancer who is supposed to be amazing is just.... high school mediocre. 

Like Todd, she clearly hasn't "made it" in New York

• Love 7

ITA!  I'm pretty sure everybody in the audience was hoping nobody would see them there, haha.  How desperate are people to be on TV that they'd sign up to be seen doing the worst dance routine EVER?  I admire them going to a class but being in a competition & on TV?  Seriously?  Are young people really this desperate for attention?  WOW!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Ok, so I've taken approximately ZERO dance classes, but I'm finding it all kinds of wrong when Todd says, "Luckily in our choreography there's only about two places that require any flexibility whatsoever."

Am I wrong? Does dance not usually require flexibility???

Whit can't wear fucking shoes, do you think the professional dancer/choreographer Whit thinks that anything she can't do is relevant to being a professional dancer?

Whit does not run a dance class, she runs Zumba for super morbidly obese people.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, John M said:

Whit can't wear fucking shoes, do you think the professional dancer/choreographer Whit thinks that anything she can't do is relevant to being a professional dancer?

Whit does not run a dance class, she runs Zumba for super morbidly obese people.

Correction: Big Whit PRETENDS to "run" a dance Zumba for the super morbidly obese. 

• Love 13

omg they show her and buddy doing the barbells for boobs! That is some straight up bs! They were not at that event!

5 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

Clearly I am now convinced Whitney only has a few moves. 

She does!!!1 rounds 3-4-5 all had the same exact moves!

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, DNR said:

Jenzi and the CA CA POP  CA CA POP is just too ridiculous 

***my closed captioning says its CA CA BAH. CA CA BAH 

whichever it is ... It's ridiculous 

If it ever applied to Whitney's house, it would be CA CA POOP CA CA POOP !

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

For the record, Whitney referred to Jenzi as "her." I can't believe I actually rewound it to listen. 

I actually don't mind her. I've been watching "Bring It" and some of those instructors do the "pah" "pow" stuff, too. I don't get it, but it seems to be a "thing."

Ahh ok , I don't watch any dance shows so had no clue Bah Pop Pow was a thing . Sounds so silly haha 

i get major lulz watching Twit spin her arms and refer to that as dance . The black lipstick kills me too 

11 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

If it ever applied to Whitney's house, it would be CA CA POOP CA CA POOP !

Or Cat Cat Poop Poop ? Cat Cat Pew Pew 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

"The rumor is that I am dating Victoria now."

In other words, there ain't nothing special about YOU, Whit. Roy fake dates everyone. 

Whoa! The prodigal son. Are they running out of people to pay to pretend to be Whit's friends?

Um, go Babs for asking about the horse. Ha. And, uh, I'd kind of like to have an update on that horse as well. DO we know that he's still alive?

LMAO!  That poor, ultra brave horse has probably been in intensive equine pool therapy ever since that day & will never be able to be ridden again!  That was SO sad!

• Love 9

That was the fastest show in a long time. It's like nothing happened. This really has become all about the made-up story arcs and any semblance of reality is just gone. At least Jiya's team won the battle. I would have lost all hope in humanity otherwise. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Ignore this box 

what Is Todds deal ? He lives in NY ? He's not trying to make it in theatre or dance is he ?  Todd looks so lanky , spazzy and not graceful when he dances. He'll be waiting tables forever - hope it's a high end restaurant cuz dance ain't happening 

• Love 5

TLC must have read my mind.  I was wondering about Hunter, Whit's brother, the other day & then boom, he's on the show.  Did he stay for the battle?

I'll have to watch again but it looked like only about 25  spectators were there.  For being a radio sponsored event, you would have thought they could have found more people to show up to watch - maybe entice them with free handouts like food, gift cards, etc. I guess TLC didn't want to put the extra $$ out since they already had to pay to rent the gym.

Some Misc. Observations:

Did anyone else notice Whit wearing flip-flops at one of the rehearsals?  I think the rehearsal was mainly for the others but still....that's just ridiculous.

Buddy needs to wear larger clothing. I thought those buttons on his shirt at the battle were ready to pop..

Whit needs to clean up that pigsty she calls her bedroom especially when she knows they'll be taping.  There were all kinds of shoes & trash laying around.  At least throw it in the closet.

Whit needs to get her sweating under control.  Her pink sports bra she was wearing during rehearsal was two different shades of pink.  I'm thinking the darker pink was the part that was soaked with sweat.  Her red shirt was already showing sweat stains  when they walked out for the battle.  Then on the previews for next week she mentions to her first time date that she was sweaty.  Yeah, that's the way to land a guy.

I'm glad Glenn didn't let Whit's drama get him upset at dinner. "Pass the rice......"

Whit kept complaining she didn't know the battle rules.  Why didn't she ask about the guidelines, music, etc. since this was all so new to her?  I guess that would have made too much sense.  I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem if BGDC had won.   

I loved her reaction when she found out Roy wasn't coming to the battle & then them saying she was upset about it because she was going to perform for him.  

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Am I wrong? Does dance not usually require flexibility???

All dance requires flexibility.  That is the reason that ballet dancers do all of the barr work, for example, to keep the body flexible. In addition to needing flexibility to execute the dance, ballet or any other kind of dance, the more flexible you are the less chance of injury.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I'll have to watch again but it looked like only about 25  spectators were there.  For being a radio sponsored event, you would have thought they could have found more people to show up to watch - maybe entice them with free handouts like food, gift cards, etc. I guess TLC didn't want to put the extra $$ out since they already had to pay to rent the gym.

I liked how the radio station sponsoring the event didn't even bother to direct paid employees to attend. I wasn't paying close attention to Roy's explanation of why he wouldn't be there, but I'd assume that whatever it was actually translates to "my employer doesn't think this is worth paying me for".

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mamadrama said:

I still think the battle was fixed. I think JIya's group won so that Whitney could have a bitching episode and play martyr and victim on social media. 

omg yes.  I took a screenshot of that scorecard and it was about the TWF so Twit thinks she should have one.  Wanna bet we won't see what they wrote for her scorecard? The one judge scored 7-8 for TWF and I bet BGDC had lower scores and had worse things written, but Twit won't show those scorecards.

2 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I liked how the radio station sponsoring the event didn't even bother to direct paid employees to attend. I wasn't paying close attention to Roy's explanation of why he wouldn't be there, but I'd assume that whatever it was actually translates to "my employer doesn't think this is worth paying me for".

Roy mentioned on one of their facebook lives that he had to attend another event for the radio station.  I will be listening to tomorrows broadcast and facebook live to see what they say. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

TLC must have read my mind.  I was wondering about Hunter, Whit's brother, the other day & then boom, he's on the show.  Did he stay for the battle?

Some Misc. Observations:

Did anyone else notice Whit wearing flip-flops at one of the rehearsals?  I think the rehearsal was mainly for the others but still....that's just ridiculous.

Buddy needs to wear larger clothing. I thought those buttons on his shirt at the battle were ready to pop..

Whit needs to clean up that pigsty she calls her bedroom especially when she knows they'll be taping.  There were all kinds of shoes & trash laying around.  At least throw it in the closet.

Whit needs to get her sweating under control.  Her pink sports bra she was wearing during rehearsal was two different shades of pink.  I'm thinking the darker pink was the part that was soaked with sweat.  Her red shirt was already showing sweat stains  when they walked out for the battle.  Then on the previews for next week she mentions to her first time date that she was sweaty.  Yeah, that's the way to land a guy.

I'm glad Glenn didn't let Whit's drama get him upset at dinner. "Pass the rice......"

Whit kept complaining she didn't know the battle rules.  Why didn't she ask about the guidelines, music, etc. since this was all so new to her?  I guess that would have made too much sense.  I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem if BGDC had won.   

I loved her reaction when she found out Roy wasn't coming to the battle & then them saying she was upset about it because she was going to perform for him.  

Great post!

I think Bratney equates sweating with being in fantastic shape, lol!  If you're sweating, you're ripped! ?

I'd love to throttle the person who told her she looks great in sports bras & leggings!  She's always roaming the streets with a LOT of skin showing lately!  What's up with that?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Well, there's a tie for my favorite line of the night:

Whitney: "I want to look so that when Jiya sees me she'll be terrified".  Mission accomplished.  You've been doing that for me for three seasons now.

Todd: "Well, I can't extend my leg fully, but fortunately none of this choreography requires flexibility."  Indeed, Todd.  Indeed.

do feel sorry for Whitney if she didn't know the rules of the "dance challenge".  The leader of her troupe really should have made sure to clarify the . . . . oh, wait.

I'm right there with you Dear but I've moved on from being terrified when I see her to mortified!  

You certainly don't expect Bratney to take the time to listen to the rules do you?  That would take the attention off of her & she would actually have to listen to someone who wasn't talking about HER!  NO WAY is that gonna happen, lol! ?

• Love 5

You know, I didn't find much of interest in this episode. I can't say that I have ever LIKED anything about MBFFL, but I have enjoyed HATING to watch it. For me, this hour was just kinda "meh." Nothing to see here, folks, move along.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Dot said:

Pump arms, wiggle/waggle butt, scowl.

Definitely!  The most exercise she gets is talking & chewing!  If she could burn calories by yammering & flapping her gums she'd be a twig!

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, DNR said:

Ahh ok , I don't watch any dance shows so had no clue Bah Pop Pow was a thing . Sounds so silly haha 

i get major lulz watching Twit spin her arms and refer to that as dance . The black lipstick kills me too 

Or Cat Cat Poop Poop ? Cat Cat Pew Pew 

I first noticed when I watched So You Think You Can Dance a few years ago that suddenly the choreographers would make different noises instead of counting the moves. If I remember correctly, there was a certain very successful choreographer who did it and I guess all the others thought it was super cool so by the next season they were all doing it. I was very annoyed. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

You know, I didn't find much of interest in this episode. I can't say that I have ever LIKED anything about MBFFL, but I have enjoyed HATING to watch it. For me, this hour was just kinda "meh." Nothing to see here, folks, move along.

ITA!  I'm usually a very sweet person, but I'm finding myself watching this show to take out my aggression.  She is a totally annoying,  caterwauling, spoiled rotten, selfish, self centered, entitled, brat!  She's the 1 who insists on putting herself out there so she's fair game!  IMO! ? 

• Love 4