Type keyword(s) to search

Media: Ripped from the InHeadlines

(edited)
10 minutes ago, starri said:

Here's a first look.

It's not...good.  Medusa in particular looks like a cosplayer.  A BAD cosplayer.

She looks like Queen Beryl.

Anyway, I'm going to laugh and delight when this fails.  Then, maybe, Disney and Fox can begin talks on reacquiring the Fantastic Four and all of their things and try to figure out a way to include mutants in the MCU.  Maybe have Disney come up with animated X-Men shows.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, starri said:

This isn't MUCH of a teaser.  But it's something.

Freedom for our people. It does sound like they will at least be in the same world as Agents of SHIELD as in the its all connected that had been promised.

The trailer has been leaked, and it looks... really bad.

I don't know if Scott Buck directed the pilot, but the camera work in this leaked trailer is pretty awful.

You know, when I read they were filming in Hawaii, I was really hoping it was because they were using the lava fields as a stand-in for the moon.

Nope, it actually appears to be set in Hawaii.

At least Lockjaw looks okay?  I guess?

I don't understand the premier in IMAX theaters/transition to TV strategy. 

If the movie has full budget IMAX production values, then the TV show will look like crap compared to it when they go to a television budget.

If the movie has production values similar to the upcoming TV show, it will look like crap in comparison to the other super hero movies.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, xaxat said:

If the movie has full budget IMAX production values, then the TV show will look like crap compared to it when they go to a television budget.

If the movie has production values similar to the upcoming TV show, it will look like crap in comparison to the other super hero movies.

If the writer on the Trek BBS is correct because of standard writer's contracts the characters premiered on IMAX remain available for the movies. But then it is not the first time a TV show was released. The first part of the Battlestar Gallatica miniseries got a theatrical release 

I think I oversold myself on this when it was first announced. "A whole set of characters I haven't seen in live-action before!" "ABC is guaranteed to put effort into this because it's Marvel!" "They have to make it look good if they're showing it on IMAX!"

When instead I should've been cautiously reminding myself that ABC only ordered a short season/miniseries despite being desperate for good material, and that with a small episode order comes a smaller budget that will definitely show on screen. And that they're probably only bothering with IMAX for legal reasons.

Still, it is a short season and Lockjaw is adorable, so I'll give it a try. I'll probably end up rooting for Maximus to destroy them all, but that's actually not that unusual for me. *shrug*

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:16 PM, starri said:

I always try to be optimistic, but that looks like pure garbage.

Was the guy playing Maximus the Mad that bad on Game of Thrones?

From what I've seen of him, Iwan Rheon is usually a good bet as an actor, so not sure what's going on here. Frankly, I'm more concerned by eight episodes of Anson Mount communicating with only facial expressions. It's... not looking good. And I actually like Mount - maybe I'm just mourning the loss of his long hair and feeling sulky?

From this article the show doesn't sound promising:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/08/18/marvel-is-the-only-one-to-blame-when-inhumans-is-inevitably-a-disaster/#7b23ce344577

I can't believe the first two episodes (that are going to show up in IMAX) theatres were shot in 20 days. Considering the same episodes are going to be on tv less than a month later, who the hell is going to pay for a movie ticket to see a 75 minute long movie? Especially one that looks like these trailers. This might actually be the first MCU thing I ignore completely.

I'm still going to give it a shot, but definitely not in IMAX. The trailers managed to make the sets and the costumes look cheap and what was shown of the storyline and dialogue so far doesn't seem that interesting.

On 9/22/2017 at 9:33 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Anson Mount & Serinda Swan discuss Inhumans on Build:

Thank you for posting this! I keep watching, fascinated by how much potential is squandered. The actors clearly put more work and thought into the execution of their roles than what comes through on the screen. Shame they've been hampered with poor writing and production values. Still hoping that the show finds its way (coughs--changes showrunner--coughs)  and it's not a one-and-done series.

There doesn't appear to be a spoilers thread for this forum, so I'm posting here with spoiler tags...

Upcoming November episode descriptions from TV Guide Magazine (print version, double issue for Oct. 30-Nov. 12, 2017)...

Spoiler

Nov. 3:
The Royal Family return to Attilan.

Nov. 10:
Black Bolt and Maximus face off.

Edited by tv echo

IMAX CEO Admits Putting the Inhumans on Theater Screens Was a Bad Idea

Customers expected a production akin to a mega-budget blockbuster movie, rather than pilots for a television show. Moreover, the fact that this was Marvel IP set the bar at a level you wouldn’t see from other pieces of content or IP because of the reputation and the high production value of Marvel movies.

Hmmm, I think I called that.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:14 PM, xaxat said:

Once Upon a Time, S.H.I.E.L.D. and Inhumans: ABC Boss Weighs In on Fate of Scripted Friday Slate
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 8 2018, 11:04 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/01/08/once-upon-a-time-season-8-renewal-agents-of-shield-inhumans/

Appearing at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Monday, ABC entertainment chief Channing Dungey weighed in on the respective fates of Once Upon a Time, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel’s Inhumans, all of which have struggled to claim a meaningful Friday audience.
The forecast is less promising for Inhumans — which across eight episodes averaged 2.56 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, following a huge promotional push and even an IMAX release — though Dungey stopped short of “officially” confirming its cancellation. “It didn’t perform for us at the level that we would have wanted,” she said. “We haven’t made any official decisions yet but I will say the numbers were less exciting for us than we hoped they would be.”

Edited by tv echo

Another nail in Season 2's coffin, Anson Mount has been cast to play Captain Pike in Season 2 of Star Trek Discovery:

https://trekmovie.com/2018/04/09/breaking-anson-mount-cast-as-captain-pike-in-star-trek-discovery/

I don't know if it's shade that is perceived or actually thrown but I do like his line about STD having "the highest production values I've ever seen on television" as those values did seem a little lacking in Inhumans.