Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: The Telescope

This show does cheesy but fun so well. 

I'm confused by the Annika thing. But interested to see where it goes.

I am still liking this show.  I didn't think that the ex-fiance was that pretty which was surprising.  I thought she was very glam and that went to hell so the next one would be kind of the opposite which I think that Megan is as she doesn't have the bleached blonde hair and is a very unknown actress. 

The Annika thing is really odd.  Terrance is scary but I like Deann.  Maybe they are good cop/bad cop.     

• Love 1

I am still liking this show.  I didn't think that the ex-fiance was that pretty which was surprising.  I thought she was very glam and that went to hell so the next one would be kind of the opposite which I think that Megan is as she doesn't have the bleached blonde hair and is a very unknown actress. 

The Annika thing is really odd.  Terrance is scary but I like Deann.  Maybe they are good cop/bad cop.     

The ex is played by Ashley Hinshaw, who I mostly know from roles that are about how attractive she is.

I'd guess the play so far is that Megan is supposed to be more "real" and she certainly doesn't behave like anyone who has dealt with any kind of fame. Honestly, I got more "what happens when you may get famous" training from ABC when I was briefly on TV than Terrence's people have given her. And I wasn't even under contract with them.

• Love 2

I'm not digging the Megan character. So far she seems to be portrayed as a horny one-dimensional girl (also I just hate when people do bathroom selfies...ha!), so I hope digging into her supposed layers makes me feel more sympathetic toward her. 

So either Deann is playing Terrence by sending Annika to IHM, or Annika is taking matters into her own manipulative hands by going to IHM? And was Annika sitting in a car with a laptop? Who does that? She couldn't at least use a tablet? (I don't know why that bugged me, but it did). Is the blonde fake therapist coming back? Is Kyle's assistant physically capable of growing facial hair? Because he looks sooo young. 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 4

DeAnn sucks at her job. I mean, come on. Everyone sees Lisbeth approaching for her photo shoot and DeAnn just allows them to stand awkwardly around, then lets Kyle be maneuvered into an unwanted picture? Kyle was done. WALK AWAY! Later, DeAnn lets Kyle have his prearranged moment with Lisbeth at the reception, takes Megan away to the bar and proceeds to ignore her, setting up another "unhappy" moment for all present to see.

If DeAnn is doing it on purpose for some devious reason, then I call backsies.

41 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I'm not digging the Megan character. So far she seems to be portrayed as a horny one-dimensional girl

Perhaps Megan getting her own personality worn down is part of the story arc? She was more interesting last week.

I haven't seen Vartan in any of his other projects, but he's kind of scarily thin.

• Love 4

This show is bizarre but has me intrigued, at least for the time being.  As far as Megan, I think we are going to see all of her personality melt away and watch her morph into a lobotomized robot, much like Katie Holmes during the Tom Cruise days.  Kyle seems pretty genuine now, but I think we are going to see a whole different side to him soon.

I totally thought the attack on Megan was faked so that Kyle could then be more protective/controlling, especially since she was supposed to text him from where she was partying (even though we didn't see it).  The rest of it was/is pretty silly. Like I said last time, this is the type of concept that works well in a TV-movie or maybe at most a mini-series, but things get stretched too thin when too many elements are added.

17 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

I haven't seen Vartan in any of his other projects, but he's kind of scarily thin.

Yeah, he's generally always had a thin frame, it'd be hilarious to see him as beefed out as the dude that plays Kyle. I think his facial structure might have something to do with it too. Plus I really think the length of his sideburns make a big difference in how skinny his face looks. I think the most "filled out" he's looked was in Colombiana or season 4 of Alias. He definitely looked much skinnier during his stints on Rectify and Satisfaction, although I wonder if the fact that those were during/shortly after the time of his divorce happenings, if that didn't contribute to it. He still rocks at hockey though! 

I sympathize with him in that I naturally have a really thin frame and when I put on any weight, it just goes straight to my belly and not somewhere more flattering, like my boobs or legs so I was called anorexic for most of my life growing up even though I love food and eat like a horse. 

• Love 1
On 3/13/2017 at 3:27 AM, Lord Donia said:

My husband walked by the TV while I was watching this and commented on how thin he is now. I used to find him so attractive, but he doesn't seem to be aging that well.

Edited by Jillybean

Just watched the first two.  Meagan is such a naïf, I'm not sure I can care about all the trials and tribulations ahead of her. 

And look at all those blonde adversaries!  Annika, Lisbeth, sex kitten therapist.  The brunettes are best friends and p.a.'s--LOL.

But still, it's different.  No time travel, so far.  I guess I'll keep watching and just bore everyone with my weekly post:  "Well what did you expect, you idiot?  This is exactly what you signed up for."

17 hours ago, roughing it said:

So I know that this is based on notTomandKatie, but are the events (first trip together to Italy) transpiring accordingly?

Yes, the first time Tom and Katie were even known to be a thing, was when they came out of an Italian hotel together, holding hands. Tom was there for the, yes you guessed it, Venice Film Festival, where he was later honored for his film work over the years. After the initial picture of them coming out of the hotel, it was overload of them all over Italy and the Tom and Katie madness officially began.

eta: Also, the thing that always made people suspicious about Tom and Katie is how much it really seemed to come out of the blue. Typically, when celebrities are dating, especially someone as famous as Tom, there are whispers and speculation months before that are often times denied at first. Or the two people worked on a film or some project together.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes were two people no one was even mentioning in the same sentence and then suddenly there was a pap picture of them coming out of an Italian hotel together and from there things went into overdrive. They also could never give a straight answer on how they truly met and first started dating.

And to keep my post on the topic of the show, I'm sort of enjoying it. It's in no way a great show but it's mindless fun. I like that Meghan isn't portrayed as some wide-eyed naive saint - she knows what she was getting herself into and agreed to it. Yes, she may not know the extent of the madness but she still agreed to sign a contract to marry some guy she barely knew because it would help her career. And while a bit sudden, I do like that she and Kyle seem to genuinely like and are very attracted to each other, at least for now. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

she and Kyle seem to genuinely like and are very attracted to each other, at least for now.

...unless Kyle is tired.  Really?  A virile, 30-something too tired for sex with a new sexy girlfriend??  The veneer starts to shift...

I figured there wouldn't be any blonde therapist update this week but it's still a bummer.

I'm intrigued by what Annika is up to though. I don't think DeAnn encouraged her to meet up with Terence at IHM. Seems to me that DeAnn would want to keep her meddling with Megan from Terence rather than bringing him in to control the situation.

Can't imagine this will end well for her though. I think she underestimates how focused Terence is on making sure Kyle is in a good place to benefit IHM.

DeAnn and Terence's relationship is really intriguing. It does seem incredibly like a business arrangement in and of itself more than an actual marriage based on legitimate feelings. I hope we get some backstory on them.

I was also sad not to see Leslie this episode. I love our fiery pregnant agent!

Kyle and Megan continue to have good chemistry but I still don't get what either of them is thinking in regards to getting involved with each other so quickly considering his IHM ties and her "landmine". Hope we get more depth with them going forward.

Will Lisbeth continue to be a presence? Will blondie therapist return? What is Megan's big landmine secret? Enquiring minds and all. That will keep me tuned in even though this show is still very uneven for me.... well that and the culty aspect. I just find it so fascinating!

• Love 1

Odd that none of the paparazzi or press caught her leaving the hotel and going to the bar/club. Especially considering how she was dressed in yoga gear instead of out on the town. Surprised she didn't  at least change before going out.

• Love 1

" Venice! (I haven't been there, so I can't tell if it's the real thing or just a convincing simulacrum somewhere in Canada. ...Halifax???)"

It is real Venice. A lot of it looked like the Dorsoduro district.

On 3/13/2017 at 4:12 PM, kalamac said:

I know Megan is NotKatieHolmes (because possible lawsuits), but I keep thinking she reminds me of Rachel Leigh Cook.

She reminds me of Marissa Cooper/Mischa Barton somethin' fierce! 

• Love 4