Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: A Honeymoon and a Courtship

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 3/14/2017 at 9:08 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I did my share of reading the bible while growing up, and i can't recall Jesus ever talking about "end times." It's been quite a while though.

It seems there is a lot of talk in Matthew at minimum (didn't look elsewhere):

http://biblehub.com/matthew/24-3.htm

However, I feel at least one of the cross-referenced verses in the sidebar have since then been debated, as to whether or not Christ was supposed to be talking about "end times", or talking about his far more imminent resurrection.

On 3/13/2017 at 9:24 AM, Jellybeans said:

Anyway, Jeremy seems very normal to me- if he is unstable well then quite a few people in my town are as well.  

I totally agree! I feel like everyone is so caught up in the "Jeremy's unstable" idea because of his religious beliefs & what not.  Everyone was all about "freeing Jinger" & no matter what we all think she was gonna marry someone that was much involved in church because of her upbringing.  She is the first female to wear shorts so that's a start anyway.

• Love 3

Jessa wore board shorts at a swimming extravaganza at the Pool House when she was knocked up with Spurge. That said, no one knows if she actually went swimming. Honestly, I don't know if any Duggar can "swim" much more that dogpaddle a little. 

If Jinjer went swimming on their honeymoon, they probably didn't film it due to Jinger deciding to put on "modest wear." As we know, TLC doesn't film every event on the honeymoon, just the boring ones. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jessa wore board shorts at a swimming extravaganza at the Pool House when she was knocked up with Spurge. That said, no one knows if she actually went swimming. Honestly, I don't know if any Duggar can "swim" much more that dogpaddle a little. 

If Jinjer went swimming on their honeymoon, they probably didn't film it due to Jinger deciding to put on "modest wear." As we know, TLC doesn't film every event on the honeymoon, just the boring ones. 

I  remember  that, I guess I shoulda said only one to wear shorts in just a normal casual setting. There may be some with Jesse I just don't remember them. There all messed up in so many ways you'd have to have a counselor for the counselor just to deprogram all this brainwashing. 

• Love 1

Jessa Blessa can claim the honor of the first sister to wear shorts by wearing the board shorts. (much to the chagrin of JB & M) I don't count the board shorts.  She had to wear something cuz she didn't have a maternity swim dress. Jinger, on the other hand, wore more stylish shorts out in public.  I hope she wore a modest stylish bathing suit on her honeymoon too.  Too bad she couldn't be like her counterparts in the real world & wear a cute bikini.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Particularly all the breathy, squealy, "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe" noises.

Every time Jinger says "Babe",  I can't help thinking of the movie.

0 0 Babe.jpg

• Love 16
23 hours ago, LilJen said:

On 3/21/2017 at 4:46 AM, Mollie said:

Every time Jinger says "Babe",  I can't help thinking of the movie.

0 0 Babe.jpg

Maybe "baaaaa ram ewe" is part of their secret love language. . .

I think I'll just show myself to the prayer closet. I'm perpetually 12 years old...I'll ram you....oooooohhh

• Love 3
On 3/6/2017 at 5:24 PM, lookeyloo said:

He has a sense of humor, can take teasing, has a good vocabulary compared to the Duggars, was openly appropriately affectionate, doesn't seem like a prude (except for his sermons, but I'm talking about being with Jinger) seems genuinely smitten with Jinger. 

I'm surprised to hear that he has prudish sermons.  Most evangelical reformed churches are known for their....over the top sex sermons.  One prominent pastor got in hot water for telling his congregation that blow jobs are described in Song of Solomon so blow jobs should be given.  Of course that guy was later accused of many different things and had to step down (Mark Driscoll).  I recognize that many non-denominational churches preach different things, but other than the abstaining from sex until marriage...sex sermons can be pretty....UNprudish.  We go to a reformed non-denominational church, even though my DH and I are not calvinists (we like the pastor & the congregation), and the sex talks are anything but prudish.  Of course, our church also has a "Brews with Bro's" group that meets to study the Bible while drinking craft beer.  Millennials.  Maybe we aren't a good comparison.  I assumed that most non-denominational reformed churches were the same.  

Most reformed evangelical churches come close to MacArthur worship, so I'm really surprised that his church would be so over the top conservative.  Then again, I'm a yankee in a yankee church...so maybe it's a north/south culture difference.  

• Love 2
On 3/12/2017 at 4:15 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I'm confused right along with you. "Newfound faith in Christ".... huh?!!!

Although, given that Jeremy's dad was a pastor during his youth, I have more faith Jeremy might take the pastorhood seriously. A life of service, counseling those in need, inspiring others, actually HELPING people. 

He's saving them.  They're not reformed enough.  Calvinism is the only correct view.  ....for these assholes.  
Gah!  I hate that hardline.  I've run across a few who worship John Calvin more than they worship Jesus...and they're all ASSHOLES.  

• Love 1