Type keyword(s) to search

Now That Gaga's Coming, Which Superstar Judges Should Be On RuPaul's Drag Race Next?

• Start Topic

I've been fairly lukewarm on the show since seasons seven and eight, but this should make for some good drama because the queens are going to be out of their minds with nerves knowing Lady Gaga is out there. 

Blue Ivy. Her mom's a little busy growing two new messiahs, so Blue's got a little (probably only a little) daylight in her schedule now. She's what, in kindergarten now? She has to have more prescient commentary in her than Khloe Kardashian, who got to judge twice in one season.

On a more serious note, I love it when they have a token, totally game straight guy -- Henry Rollins in season two is probably my fav. Terry Crews would be a delight, and it seems on-brand for him.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, AntManBee said:

Milo Yiannopoulos should have some free time available for a troll doll themed challenge. 

*Shudder* They should only have him on if the challenge is who can beat him hardest with a platform heel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Blue Ivy. Her mom's a little busy growing two new messiahs, so Blue's got a little (probably only a little) daylight in her schedule now. She's what, in kindergarten now? She has to have more prescient commentary in her than Khloe Kardashian, who got to judge twice in one season.

On a more serious note, I love it when they have a token, totally game straight guy -- Henry Rollins in season two is probably my fav. Terry Crews would be a delight, and it seems on-brand for him.

ITA re: Terry Crews as token, totally game straight guy and why, yes, I still do have a crush on Henry Rollins. I remember wishing that the OG Old Spice ad guy, Isaiah Mustafa, back when his ads first hit, would also get an invite from Miss Ru to be a judge. Yum.

1000 times yes to Terry Crews. Or what if it were Terry Crews AND Andre Braugher?!?!

• Love 1

Every season there seems to be either a political challenge or public speaking challenge so my vote would be Anderson Cooper for guest judge on one of these challenges......or any challenge.....hell just get him on the show!!  Oh maybe he and his mom could be guest judges!

• Love 2

I just heard VH1 will be the host cable station for the show! When did that happen?  I know repeats played over there, but the OG episodes start in 2 or 3 weeks; Season 9 with some stunning competition on the runway! ;-) - - RuPaul on Lady Gaga guest judging 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 9 premiere:

- http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/rupaul-lady-gaga-guest-judging-rupauls-drag-race/story?id=45959869 -

RuPaul, the most famous of all celebrity drag queens, is gearing up for the latest season of "RuPaul's Drag Race" with guest judge Lady Gaga.

"She's on our first show!" RuPaul said live today on "Good Morning America." "She tweeted me several years ago, but it took this long to get the schedules together. She's always touring, we're doing things so she's on the show's opener which is on VH1 on March 24 and it is so much fun. Everybody's going to love it."

Heading into its ninth season, "Drag Race" has moved to Friday nights on VH1, but will also continue to air on its original network, LOGO.

The groundbreaking reality show features a cast of highly competitive drag queens battling it out for a cash prize and the title of "America's Next Drag Superstar."

"These kids against all odds have said, 'You know what society? I know you want me to fit in this box, but no. I'm not going to. I'm going to do my own thing,'" RuPaul said.

He added: "If you have a dream where people have said, 'You can't do that,' our show is an instruction book for anyone out there watching.'"

As for welcoming Gaga to the show, RuPaul said she "felt right at home."

"There's a clip of her on the first episode where she is in full drag," he said.

Season nine of "RuPaul's Drag Race" premieres Friday, March 24 on VH1.

My suggestions for political-themed judges: Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid, Dan Savage or Former First Lady Michelle Obama. 

Well you can definitely scratch Michelle off that list! She's doing too well and has a ton to do including earn those millions for the book deal she and Obama signed! ;-)

Not necessarily. Just because Michelle Obama has other projects, that doesn't mean that she couldn't squeeze in being a Guest Judge on RPDR. If GaGa could do it, so can Michelle, if she wanted to.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

My suggestions for political-themed judges: Rachel Maddow, Joy Reid, Dan Savage or Former First Lady Michelle Obama. 

Well you can definitely scratch Michelle off the list! She's doing too well and has a ton to do including earn those millions for book deal she and Obama signed! ;-)

2 hours ago, rollacoaster said:

Charo! She is one feisty femme, and is still sexy and spry at.....whatever her age is. I am watching her on DWTS, and she is totally over the top.

Fun fact, the Spanish government allowed Charo to take 10 years off of her legal age. Oh, Spain...

But yes, she'd be a fun guest judge.

After seeing SNL's Guest Host Chris Pine's awesome garage sketch, about a bunch of mechanics praising RuPaul's Drag Race & Pine & Bobby Moynihan's characters Lip Synching For Their Lives, I think Pine should be a Guest Judge. 

• Love 4