Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Made it to camp in season 3?? wow, i must have totally blocked that from my mind.  i can't even picture her in the first day meeting, introducing herself...dang, i need to go rewatch that season I guess. 

For Sinitia they did a great job editing camp footage to barely show her there...she wasn't released until close to the end of camp for the criminal charge (assault and battery, i believe it was).  From someone who knew her, she was an outstanding dancer but just very immature and definitely had some 'bad habits.'  It seems like she is doing a lot better these days.  

Alex B never made training camp. She was however a Dallas Mavericks dancer 2008-2009 which was the same year as season 3. 

• Love 3
On 6/4/2017 at 9:55 AM, DCCroutineFAN said:

I know right? I seriously can't wait to see  "The Office"   Was that Kellis office only and Judy just pulled up a stool for the evaluations? Did Judy have her own office? I always loved pausing the screen to see all the stuff on Kellie's desk (files, notes, etc, and the pictures and folders behind her.  arrr I can't wait 3 months!

There's an episode in season 6 (I think. Could be 7) where Kelli is "out sick" so Judy invites Kitty to help her. At the end of that night, they call girls into a different room. I can't remember what Judy called it but it had 2 racks of uniforms in there. If I ever remember what episode, I'll edit. 

Yeah, Alex Benvenuto definitely never made it to camp. Her second time through auditions was when she was considered top twenty going into finals, but then they found all the stuff on her record and she didn't make camp because of it. They brought her record up in talking heads and in discussion between Charlotte and Kelli during the finals interview segment.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

They brought her record up in talking heads and in discussion between Charlotte and Kelli during the finals interview segment.

Man, between driving skeletons in the closet and party pics from the past, I would have been toast if I were that finals interview. 

• Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

what are those numbers written in blue on some of those cards?

Good catch! I'm thinking that's yes/no/maybe (or yes/maybe/no) from the judges.

And seeing they don't all have it....maybe only girls on the bubble?? 

Edited by GaveIn
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

Rewatching Seasons 3,4, &5 right now. Alex had some "speeding issues" but K & J eluded to other items they could not ignore. She was released from training camp in Season 3 and tried out but did not make training camp Season 2.

The Sintia (sp?) incident happened where a girl made TC after finals and then K & J found out something related to a criminal record and she was either released from TC or was never able to attend. Not sure what charged were, etc. The only reason people knew was from the Training Camp pic released from that year (not sure which year), Sintia was in the picture but had not appeared on the show. Can not recall what board contributor did the sleuthing.

Not in Season 2 but she did in Season 3.

You might be thinking of Brittany D' Alessandro.  She made it to TC in season 2 and was cut for being late to her uniform fitting.  She auditioned again in season 3 but never made it back. 

Alex Benvenuto never made it to TC, only finals. She made the Mavs 2008 squad but there was a rumor (on the old cmt message board ) she was kicked off or left. Don't know how much truth there is to it. She's never auditioned for any other TX teams.

Sintia was on the Capitol City Dancers (for the Austin Spurs) for the 2015-16 season.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

Yeah, Alex Benvenuto definitely never made it to camp. Her second time through auditions was when she was considered top twenty going into finals, but then they found all the stuff on her record and she didn't make camp because of it. They brought her record up in talking heads and in discussion between Charlotte and Kelli during the finals interview segment.

"Wow, she was top ten"

"Welp, she's not anymore".

Does that say "red"?! LOL! Is Finglass already picking out who she's gonna TRANSFORM to this season's rooster red??

red.JPG

Notice Yuko's is tucked neatly out of the way. OBVIOUSLY she's perfect.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

"Wow, she was top ten"

"Welp, she's not anymore".

Does that say "red"?! LOL! Is Finglass already picking out who she's gonna TRANSFORM to this season's rooster red??

red.JPG

Notice Yuko's is tucked neatly out of the way. OBVIOUSLY she's perfect.

Probably a gorgeous blonde she's gonna turn red, but I honestly hope it's Jenna hahaha

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mittensgizmo said:

Ok, because my conspiracy leaning brain is thirsty and after my workday I could give a rip about cleaning house, I offer the following:

With the assumption that the numbers are her infamous "Yes/No/Maybe" system then,

• Some pics don't have any #s which means either Kelli hadn't gotten that far, or
  • those girls didn't get any 'no' votes from the judges.

If my theory is correct some people on this board are going to fall out cold because Christina got more "yes" votes than Tasha. 

:insert ominous surprise music:

well maybe just :insert Twilight Zone music:

...I swear Kelli has to be snickering at the reaction to that one pic.   Yes Kelli, we are all thirsty wenches. Give us some scoop please. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, mittensgizmo said:

It appears she was putting judges comments and the yes/no/maybe on all the photos as a quick reference. I was also able to make out from that photo that show group auditions are the 29th. 

Yes it appears to be yes, no, maybe's for those who were not returning vets

(edited)
13 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Looks like judy has been reading this forum

Yea!! Do you think first meeting has started yet? The carpet makes me think the first meeting is at The Star!

Edited by Shallan
  • Love 3

I do remember @ShellyB saying these numbers are not the actual judge voting yes/no/maybe, but it goes by when the girls come in for their finals interview. Of course I may be totally wrong because I am tired and my memory and concentration has flown the coop because the hypothyroid plane has landed in my mind and body.

25 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do remember @ShellyB saying these numbers are not the actual judge voting yes/no/maybe, but it goes by when the girls come in for their finals interview. Of course I may be totally wrong because I am tired and my memory and concentration has flown the coop because the hypothyroid plane has landed in my mind and body.

I think they're talking about the numbers written in pen that go like 5/7/3

I wonder if the green dots are show group or  maybes. Looks like Tasha and Stephanie have them. Those two both seem to be solid performers and good ambassadors. Who knows.

Now I wonder what the orange/yellow bar on the top of Maddie's means.

No possible way this Christina girl scored higher than Tasha. Tasha is prettier, far more well spoken, and Christina can't kick or split.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Java said:

Ok, because my conspiracy leaning brain is thirsty and after my workday I could give a rip about cleaning house, I offer the following:

With the assumption that the numbers are her infamous "Yes/No/Maybe" system then,

• Some pics don't have any #s which means either Kelli hadn't gotten that far, or
  • those girls didn't get any 'no' votes from the judges.

If my theory is correct some people on this board are going to fall out cold because Christina got more "yes" votes than Tasha. 

:insert ominous surprise music:

well maybe just :insert Twilight Zone music:

...I swear Kelli has to be snickering at the reaction to that one pic.   Yes Kelli, we are all thirsty wenches. Give us some scoop please. 

Wouldn't it be "yes/maybe/no"? I'm thinking if they used a numerical point system to score (i.e. yes=5, maybe=3, and no=1), 5/3/1 would make more sense than 5/1/3.

• Love 3

Could be.  Probably is.  Swing from one end of the spectrum from heck yea, to eh, maybe, to Not a snowballs chance.

If only Kelli would explain the judging system to us, in depth, in detail....  ;)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Wouldn't it be "yes/maybe/no"? I'm thinking if they used a numerical point system to score (i.e. yes=5, maybe=3, and no=1), 5/3/1 would make more sense than 5/1/3.

This is what we get for rolling our eyes and not paying attention when Kelli explains her extensively complicated judging system.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

There's an episode in season 6 (I think. Could be 7) where Kelli is "out sick" so Judy invites Kitty to help her. At the end of that night, they call girls into a different room. I can't remember what Judy called it but it had 2 racks of uniforms in there. If I ever remember what episode, I'll edit. 

Season 7 - she tells Danielle and Jasmine she expected more cause they had danced for another team and she told Ashley M she wasn't sexy enough - is that it??????

• Love 1
3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

red.JPG

It looks like 'real' to me. 

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Looks like judy has been reading this forum

LOL. I tweeted this to her earlier today:

IMG_2003.PNG

• Love 7
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Season 7 - she tells Danielle and Jasmine she expected more cause they had danced for another team and she told Ashley M she wasn't sexy enough - is that it??????

Yes!  I went back and checked. Season 7, episode 5. She didn't specify the room, just said 'we need to see...'. 

• Love 1

I now have the God awful fake Britney Spears-esque song "Meet Me in Vegas" song stuck in my head after reviewing that episode. That was the worst thing about rewatching season 7--it was in (or replaced another song) almost every episode. 

1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

Name plates for veterans at the star lockers. I haven't seen others post these but I'll guess the stars represent their years on the team. 

IMG_1775.PNG

I'm going to assume that the 3 stars are her vet years.  I like that. 

And I knew they would add their names. You have to know which locker is yours. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Per Erica's instagram, the following received Barbies!

Vets: Erica, Kashara, Cersten, Amy L, Heather O, Milan, Madeline, Lacey

Rookie Candidates: Brianna W (weird. The one who instagrammed a concert when she got into TC), Gina, Erin Sauerhage

Edited by dccfan37
Forgot Erica ha!
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Vets: Kashara, Cersten, Amy L, Heather O, Milan, Madeline, Lacey

Rookie Candidates: Brianna W (weird. The one who instagrammed a concert when she got into TC), Gina, Erin Sauerhage

And Erica herself ?

How tall is Brianna? She looks like a giant next to the other girls 

6 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Vets: Kashara, Cersten, Amy L, Heather O, Milan, Madeline, Lacey

Stupid question:  I just looked at Erica's instagram and I don't see anything.  Is it on this "story" I keep hearing about?  And how do you get access to it?

1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Stupid question:  I just looked at Erica's instagram and I don't see anything.  Is it on this "story" I keep hearing about?  And how do you get access to it?

You have to follow them or just click on their profile picture.

Just now, Tootie said:

do you have the most updated Instagram? At the very top you'll see circles with the people you follow's picture. If you click on it, it'll show a few pictures that they've temporarily added, like snapchat!

1 minute ago, dccfan37 said:

do you have the most updated Instagram? At the very top you'll see circles with the people you follow's picture. If you click on it, it'll show a few pictures that they've temporarily added, like snapchat!

Apparently not!  I'm using a desktop, too (does that make a difference?)  Even on my phone & tablet I don't see circles at the top.  How do I upgrade??

(edited)
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Apparently not!  I'm using a desktop, too (does that make a difference?)  Even on my phone & tablet I don't see circles at the top.  How do I upgrade??

Update in your app store on your phone. I don't believe it works on desktop. *The circles will appear for those you follow, if you don't follow, just go to their profile and click their picture.

Edited by HowdeeDo
49 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

And Erica herself ?

How tall is Brianna? She looks like a giant next to the other girls 

Bri is an amazing dancer. I am so happy for her:)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

From Erica'a Instagram story, it doesn't seem that Jenna is wearing a very business meeting dress

Meh, she's petite. She can get away with a shorter dress. 

6 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Bri is an amazing dancer. I am so happy for her:)

Do you have video of her dancing? Nothing on her Insta. 

IMG_1776.PNG

IMG_1777.PNG

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Java said:

Oh, guilty. So guilty. I was full of WTF that better not be y/m/n bc Tasha has her issues but she's not a GD hot mess like Christina with her whining and terrible split. 

But tasha did have kind of a bad split during tryouts her first year. But dammit there's no effing way. 

I gotta stop having a namesake in camp. It's way too personal when they aren't perfect ???

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

That picture of Erica is amazing!! What an honor to be displayed!!

Erica is gorgeous but they could have airbrushed her crows feet.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Erica is gorgeous but they could have airbrushed her crows feet.  

The photographer was too busy photoshopping shadows into her cleavage.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

If you use Chrome you can download an add-in for Instagram stories. That will allow you to view them on a PC. I don't know if that also works for macs.