Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Ditto. My writing is like a drunk chicken walked across a piece of paper. 

When I was in high school my Spanish teacher, who barely spoke English, stopped by my desk and said"My you don't have very pretty handwriting for a girl now do you." and then walked away.

I watched Billy Flynn's Long Half Time Walk. It was weird. You only saw a couple of glimpses of Sydney. The main girl who played the cheerleader was not DCC material. I would also like to tell Hollywood that most people from the South don't sound like hillbillies, they could have laid off the heavy accent.

I am so annoyed Christina made it back. I am going to add her to my dcc bingo.  Christina makes an excuse... easy check off. Right next to kicks are a deal maker or a deal breaker. I could get a bingo in the first episode of training camp.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

When I was in high school my Spanish teacher, who barely spoke English, stopped by my desk and said"My you don't have very pretty handwriting for a girl now do you." and then walked away.

I watched Billy Flynn's Long Half Time Walk. It was weird. You only saw a couple of glimpses of Sydney. The main girl who played the cheerleader was not DCC material. I would also like to tell Hollywood that most people from the South don't sound like hillbillies, they could have laid off the heavy accent.

I am so annoyed Christina made it back. I am going to add her to my dcc bingo.  Christina makes an excuse... easy check off. Right next to kicks are a deal maker or a deal breaker. I could get a bingo in the first episode of training camp.

Uhm, THIS needs to happen!!!

@Oranaiche

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Oh you just KNOW Kelli don't abide no sloppy penmanship up in her camp! 

Oh I'd be so screwed. My students hate when I write on the board bc my print is atrocious so I write mostly in cursive which isn't horrible but not pretty and the kids claim they can't read cursive, course most of them can but hey 8th graders will do anything to get out of work LOL. 

I'd love to know what's in that letter too. That's just teasing to post that pic.

• Love 1

Oh my that video.... I take back my Texas twang comment. They all had it there. I wish that curly hair style would come back into fashion. I can rock frizzy curly hair like crazy. Kelli looked so young. I thought she was one of the cheerleaders. I wonder if it was weird for awhile being barely older than the people you are directing.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

No, but you also aren't a DCC.

But Jenna IS a DCC with a scar..and no one cares.

14 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I'd like to see Kelli and Judy do a routine now, not then. Just a few 8 counts. ??

I think Judy would nail it. Kelli..meh.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I'd like to see Kelli and Judy do a routine now, not then. Just a few 8 counts. ??

I'd like to see them do the entrance, they talked about it in an episode, if they could still do it. I'd love to see them do it.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

We shall confer in private to make up the rules and bring this to fruition.

I would totally play along! We need a large variety of things so not every board has the same quotes

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I'd like to see them do the entrance, they talked about it in an episode, if they could still do it. I'd love to see them do it.

Didn't they demonstrate it?  What episode/season was that?

28 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I would totally play along! We need a large variety of things so not every board has the same quotes

What we do when we play crazy family bingo is everyone contributes things that they think will or could happen at the family event. We have three lists you have to pick from. Easy (bound to happen. Uncle Joe go drunk again). Medium ( most likely going to happen. someone will announce they are pregnant). Hard. (Could or could not happen. Bob and Jill got into a fight). After you get a list of about 50, each person fills out their own bingo board with an even mix of easy, medium, and hard.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

What we do when we play crazy family bingo is everyone contributes things that they think will or could happen at the family event. We have three lists you have to pick from. Easy (bound to happen. Uncle Joe go drunk again). Medium ( most likely going to happen. someone will announce they are pregnant). Hard. (Could or could not happen. Bob and Jill got into a fight). After you get a list of about 50, each person fills out their own bingo board with an even mix of easy, medium, and hard.

I LOOOVE that idea!. I know I'm a lot newer to the show than some of y'all (we only got cable three years ago, finally found a way to afford it) so I imagine anything I could contribute would be on the Easy list things like: yes, no, maybe, and girls sit in pink and blue.

• Love 1

I am saw i thing about This Arizona Cardinal Pro Bowl representative Alexandra & Thought that she would make a perfect DCC. Then I was wondering about The recruitment that DCC used to do from other teams & if they still do it ? 

Hi Everyone! I am brand new here and would like to introduce myself.  I am a DCC obsessed fan, Cowboys team fan also. I love the routines and watching Making the team every year. And then watching all the seasons over and over and over on Amazon even though they replace the original music with goofy music and not all the episodes are complete. I am so glad to find out some info on this upcoming training camp. It has never been so mysterious before. I am a fan of all of the girls and will not say negative things about them but I am always up for DCC trivia.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Hi Everyone! I am brand new here and would like to introduce myself.  I am a DCC obsessed fan, Cowboys team fan also. I love the routines and watching Making the team every year. And then watching all the seasons over and over and over on Amazon even though they replace the original music with goofy music and not all the episodes are complete. I am so glad to find out some info on this upcoming training camp. It has never been so mysterious before. I am a fan of all of the girls and will not say negative things about them but I am always up for DCC trivia.  

Welcome! We never have enough DCC obsessed fans here, so the more the merrier. ? I don't know what you mean about saying negative things though. No one here ever says anything mean or negative about the girls. We're all sunshine and rainbows here. ??

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Welcome! We never have enough DCC obsessed fans here, so the more the merrier. ? I don't know what you mean about saying negative things though. No one here ever says anything mean or negative about the girls. We're all sunshine and rainbows here. ??

bwaha.JPG

• Love 6

I am still trying to figure out how to navigate through this blog thing. 1st question is there a way to log in and immediately be at the most recent post? 2nd Is there any more info on the veteran that were cut? I am shocked and bummed about Raylee. I enjoyed watching the ladies in Jessica's group the most this year and thought all the 2nd years were so captivating and fun to watch.  I guess we'll find out when the show airs.  The other two are a surprise but since they are both talented technical dancers and smart girls it could have been an appearance issue.  I personally thought Heather was very young looking but I saw Allie in some of the late season performances and thought she had really got in shape and her body looked better and she looked sexy too. I didn't see the Calendar images, I don't care much about that. I love the performance aspect mostly. I still have questions as I am very impatient to wait until August. Like why did they not do a fan vote this year?  And is this the final year they will make the show?  If so what in the #$^%&*(* are we going to do???

Has anyone seen Dayton's Instagram from Evan Anderson's class taught at Kitty Carter's this past Wednesday? 

Dayton looks great. Her hair, her moves, her smile all ooze sexy. She also appears leaner. She is just Wow in that Choreo. 

I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason but as a MTT fan I simply can not understand how this girl in not in TC.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

Has anyone seen Dayton's Instagram from Evan Anderson's class taught at Kitty Carter's this past Wednesday? 

Dayton looks great. Her hair, her moves, her smile all ooze sexy. She also appears leaner. She is just Wow in that Choreo. 

I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason but as a MTT fan I simply can not understand how this girl in not in TC.

Don't get me wrong, Dayton is a great dancer and I like her in that clip, but I think what kept her out of TC this year was probably just needing to build on her power a bit and possibly be a hair leaner in her midsection. I have no doubt that she will work on what she needs to work on and make TC next year if she decides it's what she wants. She obviously has all the tools. Shelly herself said the decision to audition this year was last minute and she wasn't completely prepared, but what an advantage to have gone through the audition process and know what to expect next year.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Don't get me wrong, Dayton is a great dancer and I like her in that clip, but I think what kept her out of TC this year was probably just needing to build on her power a bit and possibly be a hair leaner in her midsection. I have no doubt that she will work on what she needs to work on and make TC next year if she decides it's what she wants. She obviously has all the tools. Shelly herself said the decision to audition this year was last minute and she wasn't completely prepared, but what an advantage to have gone through the audition process and know what to expect next year.

She looks like she is having so much fun. What a bright smile. 

• Love 3

Does anyone have know of any videos where I can see Amy (tap dancing Amy) dancing DCC style?  She must be really good, but I don't think I've ever seen a video of her dancing their choreography.

2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Does anyone have know of any videos where I can see Amy (tap dancing Amy) dancing DCC style?  She must be really good, but I don't think I've ever seen a video of her dancing their choreography.

Not DCC choreography, but prep classes.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I find this curious. Very curious. And I'd be a damn liar if I didn't say so. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

I find this curious. Very curious. And I'd be a damn liar if I didn't say so. 

Haha, I dunno, I tend to take things at face value but who knows. I just assumed Dayton had planned to do school full time or something and plans changed.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Yuko took her spot.

• Love 12

Dayton enrolled and started at the University of Arizona in the fall, for whatever reason she decided not to stay there and moved back to Dallas and auditioned.  I would guess her original plan was to audition after college but since she was back in Dallas decided to go for it this year.  Makes sense. 

Perhaps she'll enroll at a local school this year and prep for DCC. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know how to link to Instagram, but Kelli Q has put up a video of her 'matador' solo routine that she did at finals, it looks great (but the floorwork parts seem very much like Erica's solo).And as ever Kelli Q's abs are out of this world.

Edited by AnotherEnglishGirl
typo
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Haha, I dunno, I tend to take things at face value but who knows. I just assumed Dayton had planned to do school full time or something and plans changed.

I mean, I don't think that, had she made it, some curse of the ages would have finally come to pass, that mankind would walk in darkness for 10,000 years, and regress into lawlessness and clandestine hierarchy until one is born who will save us from ourselves, that one being called Gymkata.

I jut mean it's curious, literally that's all I mean. Curious.

ETA: It can even exactly as Shelly said, and still be curious. :-D

9 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Yuko took her spot.

HAHAHA! OK, this makes absolutely the most sense of anything I've read. You win. It is no longer curious. #mysterysolved

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 6

I believe Dayton. No doubt she was going to audition at some point, but I believe that she probably wasn't seriously considering this year, then went ahead and did it not fully prepared. I also think that since she's not fully prepared, her being cut saves her a lot of grief that has haunted other not fully prepared legacies who did make it. 

By 'fully prepared' I think for Dayton that just meant she isn't rock hard this year, but she can dance. For one other it meant rock hard, but not fully dance qualified. 

• Love 1

For some reason, which I can not for the life of me remember where I saw it, I thought Dayton and Victoria were going to try out together. I am excited because I'm hoping next year will be their year. 

I was just kinda blown away from Dayton's natural sexiness. I don't think she was trying to be sexy so I can only imagine what it would like if she turned it up. 

Last year DCC had a lot of cute girls but not necessarily sexy. For example, to me, Yuko is a clear example. There are others but I guess it's up to your own interpretation. 

I'm still confused on the number going to training camp. The Kristi Scales article said 44 but the list I have (25 vets, 20 rookies) equals 45! And everyone on that list confirmed on Instagram that they made it. I wonder if a rookie candidate dropped???

1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

I'm still confused on the number going to training camp. The Kristi Scales article said 44 but the list I have (25 vets, 20 rookies) equals 45! And everyone on that list confirmed on Instagram that they made it. I wonder if a rookie candidate dropped???

Hopefully we'll be able to work it out when camp starts from pictures.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:46 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

I made up this system, yes, no and maybe.

You must not

On 3/18/2017 at 10:42 PM, AnnMichele said:

"It's now or never." 

"This is do or die."

don't forget the ever so famous quote from every season when a girl gets cut   " Everything happens for a reason"

On 5/22/2017 at 9:14 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

So many girls with one shoe. That drives me nuts. I totally get half soles and 'cheater shoes', but one full jazz shoe and the other foot bare or taped looks so off to me. It looks sloppy. I also hate ballet with no tights though, so I know I'm old school.

I can't count how many times a teacher, guest choreographer or comp judge would say something like - wearing one shoe communicates to everyone that you can only turn on one side. It tells them your limits and weaknesses before the music even starts. Don't point out negatives about yourself that someone might not even notice on their own. DONT DO IT.

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I believe Dayton. No doubt she was going to audition at some point, but I believe that she probably wasn't seriously considering this year, then went ahead and did it not fully prepared. I also think that since she's not fully prepared, her being cut saves her a lot of grief that has haunted other not fully prepared legacies who did make it. 

By 'fully prepared' I think for Dayton that just meant she isn't rock hard this year, but she can dance. For one other it meant rock hard, but not fully dance qualified. 

I don't wonder that it happened, I wonder why. You yourself said once that "girls don't try out for this unless they think they have some chance of making it".  Can't remember anyone's name, but I remember that. I'm not making a big deal of her auditioning, I am making a big deal that no one is going "so she tried out, last minute, unprepared, as a legacy. THAT'S WEIRD! How come?!"

Legacies=a different set of expectations. To think that she wasn't aware of the standards she'd be held to when she showed up is either an insult to her intelligence or an intellectual deficit. So what I'm saying is, I wonder why she chose to go through this process when she wasn't ready. Which also, is ok, but I'm curious as to what the thought process is. Alternately, let's pretend she thought she was a rock-solid shoo-in. That in and of itself is a head scratcher, when you look at legacies like Cassie and Meredith, (no cheating when eating!) who lived, ate, slept and breathed DCC prep. This is an anomaly, a one-off from what we've seen from legacies. To deny that there is a difference is weird and silly.

I am pulling for Dayton. Next year. I think we hold back because Shelly is on this board, and no one wants to hurt anyone's feelings, but I think many of us would be vocalizing....at least QUESTIONS, if not criticisms. Unpopular, but I don't care.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 8
(edited)

From everything I've seen, if she wasn't ready this year, she was BARELY not ready. She clearly didn't show up out of shape/with no dance ability. So maybe in her mind it was worth trying this year since her plans changed, might as well since she was so close to ready, with the understanding that she may have to try again in 2018. I agree that next year will def be her year. 

Edited by ilovetrashtv
(edited)
1 hour ago, ilovetrashtv said:

From everything I've seen, if she wasn't ready this year, she was BARELY not ready. She clearly didn't show up out of shape/with no dance ability. So maybe in her mind it was worth trying this year since her plans changed, might as well since she was so close to ready, with the understanding that she may have to try again in 2018. I agree that next year will def be her year. 

We've rehashed the qualifications over and over, and Dayton has received a unanimous, near-perfect review each time (a first on this board...), yet she's not a TCC. Curious.

Just in general, not to you directly, TrashTV; all I'm saying is cut the bullshit and keep it real.

As I've stated repeatedly, I'm pulling for Dayton, in fact, I'm pulling for many who don't make it, but if it's not your time, it's not your time. We're here to wonder aloud.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 3

Wake up people it is sooooo obvious that it is the "Holly and her backup dancers show".  Kelli is getting rid of anyone that challenges that-end of story . It will not be Erica,Jenna or adding Dayton as they are all a threat to Holly.

4 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Wake up people it is sooooo obvious that it is the "Holly and her backup dancers show".  Kelli is getting rid of anyone that challenges that-end of story . It will not be Erica,Jenna or adding Dayton as they are all a threat to Holly.

So Kelli is getting rid of the best dancers (which would hurt the organization that she's spent her career building up) just to make ONE dancer look better during the next few seasons?  Sorry, but that makes no sense.

• Love 20

I think that maybe Dayton decided to try out to see what it was all about.  If you have no expectations to make training camp, you see what the process is first hand (hearing from Mom or watching from the audience is not the same), you can get an idea of what, if anything, you need to work on, and next year, the butterflies and jitters will hopefully be lessened cause you know the expectations.

From what I've seen of Dayton and Victoria's dancing so far, they need more power.  You can probably get thru the process without too much of it, but once they see you on the HDTV big board, if you don't have it, that will be it.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

So Kelli is getting rid of the best dancers (which would hurt the organization that she's spent her career building up) just to make ONE dancer look better during the next few seasons?  Sorry, but that makes no sense.

I agree, and I don't think Dayton is a threat to Holly. Actually, I don't think any of them are. Erica, Jenna, probably some others, are very stiff competition, but I don't think anyone is threatening Holly, nor is Holly threatening anyone.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Are you sure Sheridan made it into training camp?  I haven't found any confirmation on her...

(edited)
15 hours ago, lfedncr said:

I really hope you're being sarcastic here, lol.

The team is more than just Holly. She's a phenomenal dancer, yes, but she's not the first phenomenal dancer they've had and won't be the last.  Kelli wouldn't sacrifice the well-being of the entire team, and other incredibly talented dancers, to rely on one dancer who's one ill-timed kick away from being on the injured list. 

Kelli wants her job easier, not harder and that's just not good business.

Besides, I bet Judy would kick her butt (figuratively speaking of course, lol). I don't think there's a mere mortal in that organization that wouldn't fear Judy when she got mad, lol.

Edited by Java
Damn typos!
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Java said:

I really hope you're being sarcastic here, lol.

The team is more than just Holly. She's a phenomenal dancer, yes, but she's not the first phenomenal dancer they've had and won't be the last.  Kelli wouldn't sacrifice the well-being of the entire team, and other incredibly talented dancers, to rely on one dancer who's one ill-timed kick away from being on the injured list. 

Kelli wants her job easier, not harder and that's just not good business.

Besides, I bet July would kick her butt (figuratively speaking of course, lol). I don't think there's a mere mortal in that organization that wouldn't fear July when she got mad, lol.

Well said. Honestly I find the notion that anyone is a "threat" to Holly kind of ridiculous. The DCC obviously isn't made up of one person, and if this was the kind of stuff they did, Holly would have never made the team because she would have been a threat to Holly A, Jenna, Jennifer, or any of the other top girls on the team at the time. Sounds like a vicious cycle to me.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4