Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, English Teacher said:

I think some older women audition as a just-want-to-try-it.  There is no real expectation, but they can say they did it.  I struggle with weight and I'm waaaaayyyy too old but if I ever got down to a respectable size and was near Dallas I might try it.  And I would pray to NOT end up on CMT.  Sure, some women may be delusional, but I'm thinking most just think of it as fun.  

This is me too! I'm in good shape for my age and still dance pretty well I think. I'd love to give it a go sometime! I'm in the Dallas area, which is why I follow the show. I had the flu awhile back though and have suffered from Bell's palsy ever since. I doubt they'd find me camera ready sigh...

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Bigbird35 said:

This is me too! I'm in good shape for my age and still dance pretty well I think. I'd love to give it a go sometime! I'm in the Dallas area, which is why I follow the show. I had the flu awhile back though and have suffered from Bell's palsy ever since. I doubt they'd find me camera ready sigh...

My goodness woman....Bell's is no joke!  Such a demoralizing health situation.  Often no one knows what is wrong & usually you look healthy from a distance.  

We have a  number of posters with some serious life altering health issues.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thought so but wasn't sure.  Kudos to that rookie next to her for not losing it

Is that Brennan next to her? If so it makes sense she wouldn't lose it since she went through the same thing with Sheridan last year ? 

10 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

Is that Brennan next to her? If so it makes sense she wouldn't lose it since she went through the same thing with Sheridan last year ? 

Yep, that's Brennan! 

On 8/1/2017 at 2:00 AM, JennOnTheGo said:

I was just going to ask about this. I've got an Amazon gift card that I'm going to use to buy the episodes/season pass, since I don't get CMT anymore (thanks Comcast!) - when does this usually show up? I've not had to do this in the past.

Still no Season 12 available for purchase on Amazon ???I'll give them til tomorrow nite then I'm writing someone ?

• Love 5

As soon as I saw advertisements I went to my TV to record the season. 

Went to record it and the episode descriptions were up under episode one and two! Looks like semifinals gets an entire episode if the description was correct. The description for episode 2 said something like "the 115 remaining girls learn the choreography and famous kickline in one hour. Pressure and lack of time lead to numerous mistakes" 

Isn't it usually prelims and semis in the first episode, and then finals gets its own episode? 

Edited by Cheerio34

They must be adding a lot more stuff if they are making the prelims and semis an episode each on their own. My cable is marking the ep as new but giving a season 6 description which is a bit amusing.

hopefully this means we'll get a bit more insight on what goes on between the last game of the previous season and the auditions. Or maybe the 1st hour will be 15 mins of prelims and 45 mins on the new Star! ? 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I saw there was no holly or Jenna !!

^Late to the party. ?

There was a comment that said and "insider" told them Holly quit 3 days before they left. The comment is now gone. ?

Can our "insiders" do some digging already? I'll bump it up to THREE tacos and cuddles with my dog, because he's adorable. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

^Late to the party. ?

There was a comment that said and "insider" told them Holly quit 3 days before they left. The comment is now gone. ?

Can our "insiders" do some digging already? I'll bump it up to THREE tacos and cuddles with my dog, because he's adorable. 

Yes we need confirmation. INSIDERS, please help!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Wait... Holly quit?!?! 

Strictly a rumor from one person in Instagram, I don't run with anything until truly confirmed. 

IMG_1984.PNG

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1

Woah that's interesting about Holly. If true I wonder how it all played out. Doubt we'll see on the show though.

I watched that Today show segment (thanks for the link). Looks like Christina's kicks have improved but not her splits. Wonder how that's going in camp since she's still there! At least based on what we've been able to detective out so far. And by we I mean everyone besides me. ? 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Domino9062 said:

It is a shame whatever happened as 2 of the strongest and most eye catching dancers are not at the game preforming. 

As I understand, there still have been only 4 confirmed cuts, putting the squad number at 40. Could it be that the slowness in cutting further has been due to K & J's uncertainty regarding Erica's injury and then the Holly/Jenna situation? Could they in reality already be at 37 (for blocking purposes) & maybe will cut just one more? Could the girl who has an "X" (but still remains) been planned as a cut but then saved by the possible loss of 3 vets?

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 3

Comment deleted again. It could also just be that they don't want a potentially false rumor like that to spread, but either way it was said...

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2

Ahh an Instagram comment. Yeah I don't believe it until there's real proof. Until then we shall all speculate. 

Side note: if they DID quit/get dismissed or whatever.. I bet those rookie candidate are PUMPED. #TwoExtraSpots 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

If this is true, then DCC would have taken down the offical twitter account and it is still there.  So is this all "fake news"?

If I had to put money on it, I would guess fake news. 

• Love 1

Oops didn't mean to link to that old post a sec ago and don't know how to delete. If Jenna was dismissed, I wonder if Amy L would become leader of group 1 and I'm guessing Stephanie would become asst. leader? 

5 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Oops didn't mean to link to that old post a sec ago and don't know how to delete. If Jenna was dismissed, I wonder if Amy L would become leader of group 1 and I'm guessing Stephanie would become asst. leader? 

I think it's too early to jump to that conclusion. Nothing's been said about Jenna being dismissed. I think they're both just on probation until reliable source says otherwise.

I am here to say that I did hear from an insider that Holly left the team after situations arose with her and Jenna's involvement. Holly left and Jenna is currently in a long time out

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I am here to say that I did here from an insider that Holly left the team after situations arose with her and Jenna's involvement. Holly left and Jenna is currently in a long time out

Oh wow. Holly's been one of my faves. I always figured her for a five year girl...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

Sad about Holly, but happy about Jenna.  There's been stories year after year what a terrible teammate she is and how rude/entitled she behaves.  

Wait, what? What does Jenna do that's rude/entitled? We want details! I'm just over her, but didn't know she was rude.

• Love 2

Dear K+J, 

This does NOT mean you should take extra sub-par TCCs that'll inevitably disappoint next year and be cut. Save us the misery. Less than 36 is ok too.

Signed, 

Sobbing in pillow because Holly. :/

• Love 6