Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

She does look great but something about the non uniform pic looks skewed or stretched out or something.

I see what you mean, because to me, this "after" picture looks to me like too much weight loss in too short of a time period.

• Love 2

I personally think Kashara looks great. You can tell coming into rookie season she wasn't at her best but she really has toned everything up and looks fantastic. She's not itty bitty like Jinelle and Lacey but not everyone else. Kashara is muscular and has a powerful dancer body!

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

She looks great! . . . .  but the uniform pic is the one that been manipulated.  The shape of her head is much more ovoid.  I don't know any diet that can change the shape of your skull.  She needed to use an app that allows you to select parts of the picture to slim/elongate, without doing the whole thing.  She looks fantastic regardless.  I always look for waistline spillage.  To me, if you're not spilling over those teeny,tiny shorts at the waist, you are small enough.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

Stephanie is a beautiful girl, but I've rarely seen anyone with more space between their eyes.

I agree she has beautiful eyes, she's one of my favorites. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

She does look great but something about the non uniform pic looks skewed or stretched out or something.

Yeah - I really don't think she was ever as big as how that non uniform picture looks - "we" definitely would have noticed and been calling her out on here.

I've never thought she looked heavy at all in any pic or video - got to be stretched/skewed.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I really don't think she was ever as big as how that non uniform picture looks - "we" definitely would have noticed and been calling her out on here.

I've never thought she looked heavy at all in any pic or video - got to be stretched/skewed.

It looks like the one on the right is a picture taken of an actual photo that is lying down on a table or something, so that's why it's at a slightly weird angle. 

But it doesn't really matter because her body is absolutely slamming in both pictures ?

• Love 3

Copied from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders:_Making_the_Team#2017_season

"Veterans: Amy Leonall, Cersten Bradley, Chantel Jones, Elizabeth Voegtle, Heather O'Connor, Jenna Jackson, Jessika Palmer, Jinelle Davidson, KaShara Garrett, Kelli Sullivan, Kelsey Lowrance, Khalyn Cole, Lacey Munoz, Madeline Massingill, Maggie Rouse, Mandy Voecks, Milan Brahney, Robin Richardson, Selina Flores, Simone Culwell, Stephanie Larson, Tasha Cruz, Tess Guidry, and Yuko Kawata. "

No listing yet of the Rookies that made it... guess they are waiting for the show to finish...

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

Copied from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys_Cheerleaders:_Making_the_Team#2017_season

"Veterans: Amy Leonall, Cersten Bradley, Chantel Jones, Elizabeth Voegtle, Heather O'Connor, Jenna Jackson, Jessika Palmer, Jinelle Davidson, KaShara Garrett, Kelli Sullivan, Kelsey Lowrance, Khalyn Cole, Lacey Munoz, Madeline Massingill, Maggie Rouse, Mandy Voecks, Milan Brahney, Robin Richardson, Selina Flores, Simone Culwell, Stephanie Larson, Tasha Cruz, Tess Guidry, and Yuko Kawata. "

No listing yet of the Rookies that made it... guess they are waiting for the show to finish...

Guess so, of course we know but the page probably doesn't want to spoil it for anyone. 

24 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

I thought Mandy Voecks retired?

4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Steph just gets better looking. I didn't like her appearance her first season, but she's growing on me.

I think her makeup is softer now.  To me, she looked scary-harsh her first season.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

I think her makeup is softer now.  To me, she looked scary-harsh her first season.

For me it was too dark of a tan and her hair seemed more orange-red which didn't go well.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Fatter then others cut 

6 hours ago, countrygirl1689 said:

I know her first tweet was less than 24 hours ago, but it's interesting that there's only 1 current DCC that is following her thus far. (And she is not following any of them.)

Well....surprised ???

5 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Fatter then others cut 

Well....surprised ???

Granted she did post her new twitter only on Insta stories which only stay up 24 hours. They could just not know yet.

9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Did Holly create an all new Twitter because she didn't want to wait for DCC to release her handle and thus revert back to her old twitter?

I don't think so, since she has a private twitter already she's likely using. I don't think the DCC twitter's are always connect to another account once they're deleted, that may be the girl's own choice?

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

I don't think so, since she has a private twitter already she's likely using. I don't think the DCC twitter's are always connect to another account once they're deleted, that may be the girl's own choice?

Probably their choice, but they can't connect/move until the DCC releases the DCC account, which I'm guessing they're not going to do until her departure is shown.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That I'm completely full of crap? ;-)

HAHAHA I didn't even catch that LOL. No that Holly had a professional Twitter for her privates. Wait, that didn't sound right either.

Holly had a separate Twitter for her private lessons.

• Love 6

Sad seeing Erica featured some in this new episode knowing that she's no longer there :( I can't even imagine how this will play out. She's even featured very prominently on the dance studio wall.

• Love 4

Trying to phrase this without sounding insulting - but is Judy being referred to as the "choreographer" a little out of place at this point? Because from what we've seen over the past few years it basically just the vets teaching the routines, guest choreographers, and then placement on the field. I understand some of the things she does, and her critiques are always helpful, but choreographer doesn't seem like the right title at this point. 

• Love 6

Judy is still the main/head choreographer. I don't know what else you'd call her. It's pretty common for choreographers to have someone else demo things. I guess you'd calll her more if a director of choreography that's the person who does every single thing. She still has to deal with placement and managing all the field routines, guest choreographers, etc.

• Love 5

Why can't they access and address the veteran weight gain issue before auditions? Do a weigh in when they turn in the form(s) to come back. Do another weigh in when they are in the studio learning the audition dance or before the interview. To wait until the first week of rehearsals or be cut at auditions, is a little one sided. Congrats to the women who can stay at the same weight as when they came in for 3-5 years in a row.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

Why can't they access and address the veteran weight gain issue before auditions? Do a weigh in when they turn in the form(s) to come back. Do another weigh in when they are in the studio learning the audition dance or before the interview. To wait until the first week of rehearsals or be cut at auditions, is a little one sided. Congrats to the women who can stay at the same weight as when they came in for 3-5 years in a row.

This is the exact thought that I had watching tonights episode.  I mean, clearly they practice and perform even when the football season is over.  How did they not notice the weight gain then?  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Did Holly create an all new Twitter because she didn't want to wait for DCC to release her handle and thus revert back to her old twitter?

Yes. It is    @hpmoves2

I think the DCC may have restricted her access to that account. Makes sense for her to have a new account xx

Fugly, fugly, fugly with crooked teeth and an absolute fashion disaster.  Blue jean shirt, white skirt, and pink heels.  How this person was a DCC for 5 years is beyond me.  I hope to never see this person ever again.  Yes, Cassie, I'm talking about you.  She just rubs me wrong every which way from Sunday.  Having alumni critiquing the candidates is just plain wrong.  Especially when they are pointing out a few pounds on the two veterans.  Umm, the alumni weren't exactly svelte.  Tina Kalina was flat out portly.  I had to get that off my chest. 

How on earth did Lauren make Show Group? 

I don't think I'll last all 13 episodes.  Show me auditions, training camp, makeovers, photoshoots, making the team, and the first game.  Spare me the sob stories of my sister, father, mother, brother, best friend, or pet deaths.  I don't care and it just seems so shallow that these ladies are trying out in the deceased's honor.  Tell me feel good stories like Lauren's where she chose a nursing career after visiting a poverty stricken third world country. 

Rant is now off.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Teresa said:

Do we think that they will even address the disappearance of Holly and Erica on the show or will they try to get around it?

Oh I absolutely have faith Holly will be addressed.   But I don't know why I think this.

I thought it was very touching that the TCC talked about her BF being in a wreck and is now paralyzed.  Stuff like that will make you grow up fast and learn life at times is not fair.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Oh I absolutely have faith Holly will be addressed.   But I don't know why I think this.

I thought it was very touching that the TCC talked about her BF being in a wreck and is now paralyzed.  Stuff like that will make you grow up fast and learn life at times is not fair.

See, I totally rolled my eyes at that. "I am out here doing this for my paralyzed friend" is the same as "I am doing god for my daughter" or whatever else people complain about.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Teresa said:

Do we think that they will even address the disappearance of Holly and Erica on the show or will they try to get around it?

I think they will. I might be reading too much into it, but I think that's why Kelli keeps saying "everyone is on the bubble; even vets" more than usual. I'm thinking that was filmed later (after Holli left) and added in to look like they are just taking no prisoners this year 

9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Judy is still the main/head choreographer. I don't know what else you'd call her. It's pretty common for choreographers to have someone else demo things. I guess you'd calll her more if a director of choreography that's the person who does every single thing. She still has to deal with placement and managing all the field routines, guest choreographers, etc.

I had a dance instructor who was basically like Dance Moms Abby: she literally sat on a stool and commanded the choreo and we did it. Leaps, turns, phrases, poses--she never did any of it herself or gave examples, just told us the moves, counts, what emotion to exude, polishing details... Looking back on it, it's kind of amazing she was able to direct and correct us while sitting. Not all choreographers are active. Sometimes, they aren't able to for physical reasons. I've had some choreographers who would do it with us--it's always fun either way! :) Judy is probably the former type. :)

On 8/23/2017 at 8:05 PM, HowdeeDo said:

IMG_2117.PNG

#behumble #sitdown

Oh I do not hate Holly at all, in fact I think that she is one of the all-time, all-Star DCC in terms of dance talent and performance personality.  Kelli and Judy must think this as well, since every episode includes dance shots of her front and center. 

I just wrote those #s because she could use just a pinch of humility, and because I would love to see what she has choreographed for #behumble.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

See, I totally rolled my eyes at that. "I am out here doing this for my paralyzed friend" is the same as "I am doing god for my daughter" or whatever else people complain about.

It reminds me of Nicole B with the teary speech she gave that she and her friend auditioned and the friend didn't make it to TC (not even sure if the friend made it to finals), but *sniffle sniffle* I will carry on to honor her.  Ummm, no, dearie, you'll carry on because you want to be a DCC!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Dccfan126 said:

We weird hatred of Holly is so funny to me.

lol same. I still love her even if she's a bitch who drinks underage and hangs out with players. Who gives a crap? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Fugly, fugly, fugly with crooked teeth and an absolute fashion disaster.  Blue jean shirt, white skirt, and pink heels.  How this person was a DCC for 5 years is beyond me.  I hope to never see this person ever again.  Yes, Cassie, I'm talking about you.  She just rubs me wrong every which way from Sunday.  Having alumni critiquing the candidates is just plain wrong.  Especially when they are pointing out a few pounds on the two veterans.  Umm, the alumni weren't exactly svelte.  Tina Kalina was flat out portly.  I had to get that off my chest. 

I don't think it's "wrong," but I definitely don't think any and all alumni should critique the candidates. Especially when the more recent DCC's dance better than some of the older ones. There are definitely older DCC's that I'm like "there's no way you would have made the squad today." And as much as I like Cassie, I think she's one of them.

• Love 6

The alumni segment was gold and this is coming from someone who doesn't like three out of the bunch. 

Cassie took a lot of crap during her tenure (most of it came from me I'll be honest) and even still hears crap, but if anyone could give advice to the girls who don't feel confident in who they are or compare themselves to other rockstar candidates, it's her. Girl's tough as nails. 

Ashton was the bombshell of the squad for most of her years. She knew how to work the camera! 

Mia of course was one of the best points they've ever had and came from not really being a standout her rookie year. 

Sarah, lord knows I've shared my cents on her but her criticism was really helpful I thought and she came off genuine and not too harsh with Brianna. 

Tina, she may be from another DCC era but you've gotta have someone (other than Judy/Kelli/Shelly) to really emphasize the impact that you have as a DCC. Of course she was bubbly and a little eccentric, they didn't do half the moves they're doing now but it was nice to see. 

Just my few thought. I hope they really do keep this alumni segment (with various alumni, even ones we aren't familiar with). I loved all of their input and sometimes they can point out things we or K&J don't see. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 17

I loved Tina this episode (ignoring everything before) because she was so thrilled and cheering the girls on when they were dancing! Give the girls some positive thoughts too, not just critiques.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Jeanne24 said:

I loved Tina this episode (ignoring everything before) because she was so thrilled and cheering the girls on when they were dancing! Give the girls some positive thoughts too, not just critiques.

I love tina too...she is the girlfriend you can have one two many wine spritzers with by the pool. She is just a happy person.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

OK this is gonna drive me buggy.....can someone copy this pic and fix my errors and/or fill in the blanks? Thx

2017DCC.jpg

They're shown in alphabetical order by first name, so all you need is to put the first names in alphabetical order and that'll tell you who is who.

2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

They're shown in alphabetical order by first name, so all you need is to put the first names in alphabetical order and that'll tell you who is who.

Right...but I've lost my list of confirmed Rookies names

Edited by DCCFanInKy
added a word