Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

The "Maddie is a bad influence" thing started as a joke comment someone made when what I refer to as Hollygate began that now seems to have taken on a life of its own.

Yeah, I said it, that it would be a kick in the ass if Madeline were the bad influence, I never said (or thought) that she was one :)

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Did I miss something? Maddie didn't post on hollys picture. Also, if you don't think holly got cut who is the other vet that got cut? 

nope she responded along with Kelli and Danielle and a few others but I don't follow a lot of the DCCs and there was so much response to her post that I didn't scroll thru them all. Not sure who else is on the team. Like I said I don't follow a lot of them

39 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:
1 hour ago, HollyFan said:

great to see holly posting again. great support by Maddie, Kellie and the rest of her teammates on the post and good chance she is still on the team

Did I miss something? Maddie didn't post on hollys picture. Also, if you don't think holly got cut who is the other vet that got cut? 

Nope, you didn't miss a thing.  Neither Madeline nor Kelli, nor the rest of her teammates commented, only ex-teammate Erica.  The only other names I recognized in the comments were Amy Simone and Hunter Blackwell. ETA I don't see anything from Danielle either.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX6univl2Bk/?hl=en&taken-by=hollymariepowell

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Nope, you didn't miss a thing.  Neither Madeline nor Kelli, nor the rest of her teammates commented, only ex-teammate Erica.  The only other names I recognized in the comments were Amy Simone and Hunter Blackwell. ETA I don't see anything from Danielle either.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX6univl2Bk/?hl=en&taken-by=hollymariepowell

Both Danielle and Jenna liked it.

IDK if Jenna is really on such thin ice and Holly is really such damaged goods, would she do that?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Nope, you didn't miss a thing.  Neither Madeline nor Kelli, nor the rest of her teammates commented, only ex-teammate Erica.  The only other names I recognized in the comments were Amy Simone and Hunter Blackwell.

easy to see that madeline_massingill, Danielle.marie12, jennalenejackson, kellifinglass responded and that is the first few.  my android app sorts them first by the ones that I follow.

• Love 1
Just now, Dccfan126 said:

Both Danielle and Jenna liked it.

Oh, ok, I'm not on Instagram and either can't or just don't know how to see "likes". but the claim was that they all commented, which they did not.

Just now, HollyFan said:

easy to see that madeline_massingill, Danielle.marie12, jennalenejackson, kellifinglass responded and that is the first few.  my android app sorts them first by the ones that I follow.

Sure, it would be super easy to see if they commented, which they did not.  Unless you are talking about "likes" and not comments.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Judy: "We don't ever like to take anybody back into training camp a second time and cut them"

...But yet you still do? And we see it happen again this season with Brennan and Celinda

??I saw that too and thought that I was hearing things. My eyes crossed for a moment. 

• Love 2

Danielle and Maddie liked but did not comment. Erica was the only dcc to comment. If you see otherwise could you post it on here because I can't see it and I'm curious as to what they said.

5 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

Look at my response right above this. So who is the other vet cut other than erica?

14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh, ok, I'm not on Instagram and either can't or just don't know how to see "likes". but the claim was that they all commented, which they did not.

Sure, it would be super easy to see if they commented, which they did not.  Unless you are talking about "likes" and not comments.

sorry don't know what to tell you other I see they responded. Now if I wasn't clear my phone app sorts it by the people I follow however the Instagram website does not

Just now, HollyFan said:

sorry don't know what to tell you other I see they responded. Now if I wasn't clear my phone app sorts it by the people I follow however the Instagram website does not

Can you show a screen shot of their comments?  Comments/no comments, it doesn't really matter, since Holly's still on the team they can tell her in person.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Danielle and Maddie liked but did not comment. Erica was the only dcc to comment. If you see otherwise could you post it on here because I can't see it and I'm curious as to what they said.

Look at my response right above this. So who is the other vet cut other than erica?

sorry not sure if this was to me but I only keep track of Holly hence my tag name

Just now, ByTor said:

Can you show a screen shot of their comments?  Comments/no comments, it doesn't really matter, since Holly's still on the team they can tell her in person.

I can take a screen shot but I am post to the forum from my computer and I only have a charging usb cable so can't transfer pics from the phone to the computer. never got my blu tooth to work from phone to computer. sorry

9 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

sorry not sure if this was to me but I only keep track of Holly hence my tag name

I can take a screen shot but I am post to the forum from my computer and I only have a charging usb cable so can't transfer pics from the phone to the computer. never got my blu tooth to work from phone to computer. sorry

They "liked" the photo, only Erica commented. That's what everyone's trying to say. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

They "liked" the photo, only Erica commented. That's what everyone's trying to say. 

it is good to see their support after what was a rough time at finals. I am sure she will support her teammates as well

7 hours ago, Teresa said:

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. Wow! I'm surprised Holly wasn't originally at least an AGL.

For some reason, I think she is a great dancer but perhaps was young and didn't have the maturity or leadership skills for being AGL.  Not sure I would be a great leader at that age.  I believe we don't all need to be shepherds because then where would we get sheep to lead?  I am a natural follower and I am well seasoned in my years and career.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think she means in Training camp. Another vet besides Holly to make 36. 

Allie, Heather H and Raylee were cut at finals.  Holly is a question mark.  Erica is out for injury.  Who else?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
17 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Allie, Heather H and Raylee were cut at finals.  Holly is a question mark.  Erica is out for injury.  Who else?

That's it. They were asking him who he thought would be out besides Holly since he doesn't believe she's cut. 36 on the team confirmed, 13 rookies confirmed. That means 23 vets when only 25 went into camp. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Holly isn't a question mark. She's off the team, unless they are using this situation to cover another sudden vet departure to keep the suspense going. I highly doubt they would go to such lenght for no good reason.

9 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Holly isn't a question mark. She's off the team, unless they are using this situation to cover another sudden vet departure to keep the suspense going. I highly doubt they would go to such lenght for no good reason.

Question mark as to what EXACTLY went down......

Edited by DCCFanInKy
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

giphy.gif

I am sure Holly will help her teammates get their kicks up just as high throughout the season

Holly's kicks are great here, but she looks a bit soft/thick in the middle.

Edited by Moxiejan
17 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

If you get get access to this site,  perhaps itunes?

Melissa's outfit..... um just wow 

Erm the thing is this site isn't only "accessable" to those in USA only you know. As for iTunes, sorry I have iTunes too myself but my iTunes DO NOT HAVE IT. Why? Because the content of the things uploaded onto it is different to every country. For example I live in the UK but UK Itunes for sure DO NOT have DCC on it. We do have a channel called ITVBe that does only show series 5-7 of DCC around every May (I know because I remember watching it every May) and the UK DOES NOT and have NEVER shown season 9 of DCC MTT EVER, and I don't believe they ever will, considering its always season 5-7 on repeat over here and I have looked on UK iTunes for DCC and never found it. The same thing for Amazon. UK amazon don't have the show either.

Another example is Netflix (for example) is that is a company known world wide, but what is on Netflix in one country may not be on Netflix in another country like some films are "banned" from certain countries and would never be on Neflix/Amazon in that country but maybe on Netflix in another country eg Friends (the tv show) is on US and Canada Netflix (I know because I have friends in the US and Canada who says its on there but Friends isn't on UK Netflix). 

Back on topic, I know I asked this question before, IF Holly was really asked to leave/quit what is going to happen to her spot on show group? Because thats one spot that is definately "open" isn't? Or is K + J not going to replace her spot? I think K said that Erica was the other person who is meant to be in showgroup but is on injured reserve so she was def not in SG I know.

10 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

Holly's kicks are great here, but she looks a bit soft/think in the middle.

I wondered if I imagine it, but yep, I see quite a substantial roll on her side when she kicks...and if you could pause at the very beginning you could see her lower stomach pooching over the waistband of her shorts.

14 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

giphy.gif

I am sure Holly will help her teammates get their kicks up just as high throughout the season

Can't wait to see her do it!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I wondered if I imagine it, but yep, I see quite a substantial roll on her side when she kicks...and if you could pause at the very beginning you could see her lower stomach pooching over the waistband of her shorts.

Yes, even the leanest person would have a bit of a roll/fold during a high kick, but hers is an actual ripple.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There is a group picture of the TC Candidates on the DCCMTT Facebook page, but once again, I cannot figure out how to post the picture on here. Would someone please post the picture for us. Thanks.

For Twitter/FB/Insta, just find the option "copy link" and then paste it here. Super simple. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HollyFan said:

it is good to see their support after what was a rough time at finals. I am sure she will support her teammates as well

It was so cool and sweet to see Holly's family supporting her IG post by liking each and every comment made by her followers. Her mom, 2 brothers, and her. It made me tear up for a moment. ?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SouthernAccent said:

It was so cool and sweet to see Holly's family supporting her IG post by liking each and every comment made by her followers. Her mom, 2 brothers, and her. It made me tear up for a moment. ?

I know right. family, teammates and us fans. Going to be a good DCC year for her

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Question mark as to what EXACTLY went down......

Got it! I was mostly responding to Hollyfan but I guess I was just wasting my time.

16 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

DCC is full of talent, so I don't think filling SG spots for those who are injured/left will be a problem. The show must go on.

I think they won't add anyone else. They already have Lauren and Gina as alternates.

2 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

I know right. family, teammates and us fans. Going to be a good DCC year for her

She can fight Kashara for the group leader spot with Erica gone!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, HollyFan said:

agree this is a good sign for Holly is still being on the team

I'm not positive if it is a good sign or not... I think it's completely possible that they could post this for her even if she's gone so we're still in suspense until the team is formally announced...

Edited by mayelynn
9 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm so with you on this. It happens every year but this year I was really mad. I wasn't even a fan of Heather, but she was definitely better than for example Jessika (who we all said was going to get cut after they posted her solo), Kelli made a special mention of her last episode so she was obviously good throughout her first year... That was totally unfair and uncalled for. I get that they are not trying to be objective and girls like Tasha and Kalyssa would never be cut because of their looks alone... Don't show it then! Even with Yuko, the only reason I disliked her so much was that they chose to show us all the negatives and she still made the team, when they cut absolutely wonderful dancers for no reason.

And as for Brianna, I can see the appeal and I think she can pull a Maddie as somebody else has said. BUT it was obvious she wouldn't make the team this year. Bad kicks, not enough power, very timid and no personality. What did they think they could do in 2 months?

She is defintely off the team, unless Shelly lied and there are more than 36 on the team. I actually find it interesting that the only person who commented is the one vet who also left the team. Plus, no public support from Maddie either.

Erm I don't have a problem with Maddie, but what do you mean there was no public support from Maddie? Was she close to Holly? Just wondering as I am sure I just forgot something (I think I am getting old and memories getting worse by the second!!!)

5 minutes ago, mpres said:

Just going to casually throw this out there........has anyone ever been released from TC because they were pregnant? Just a thought. Seriously, a thought not fact.

I don't know if anyone was ever released because of it. I do know that Joanna Liad found out she was pregnant during auditions in Season Six (I may have the number wrong) and pulled herself out. I don't know at what point she did that. 

11 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think they won't add anyone else. They already have Lauren and Gina as alternates.

I forgot we already know here in the spoiler section who's on SG. Can someone who remembers refresh those of us who forgot...?  :)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Erm I don't have a problem with Maddie, but what do you mean there was no public support from Maddie? Was she close to Holly? Just wondering as I am sure I just forgot something (I think I am getting old and memories getting worse by the second!!!)

They were close but over the past year or so haven't been photographed or interacted as much so people assume they parted ways? 

2 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

I forgot we already know here in the spoiler section who's on SG. Can someone who remembers refresh those of us who forgot...?  :)

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

They were close but over the past year or so haven't been photographed or interacted as much so people assume they parted ways? 

Sad to think just a few short weeks later, Holly is gone. 

8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

always good to have that extra bit of Holly in the performances

5 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

It is..lol.

Great, now I do feel stupid :p

54 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Thank you @dreamcatcher I am glad to see I am not the only one distracted by Khalyn's teeth.

I was trying to find what was "bothering" me and I guess it's not super obvious, but for me it does take from her beautiful face. Especially when I see her speak.

17 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

I mean that they were super close and suddenly there's nothing online about them. And I would guess that her bff would be the first to post a comment, something like Erica's.

God I forgoy Kalyssa is in sg. great.

1 minute ago, dreamcatcher said:

I mean that they were super close and suddenly there's nothing online about them.

Yeah, the last I saw was a picture of Holly & Madeline at a TX Rangers game around July 4th but nothing since

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Great, now I do feel stupid :p

I was trying to find what was "bothering" me and I guess it's not super obvious, but for me it does take from her beautiful face. Especially when I see her speak.

I mean that they were super close and suddenly there's nothing online about them. And I would guess that her bff would be the first to post a comment, something like Erica's.

God I forgoy Kalyssa is in sg. great.

always good to have that extra bit of Holly in the performances

Thanks guys. I remember that they were close now that you guys mentioned it. Tho I (personally) would take it as a pinch of salt that Maddie didn't comment on social media tho (thats me). Only because I know if I (and this is an example) posted something on there, that was important, I tend to have my friends responding but they tend to text or call to make sure I was ok etc because sometimes (and usually) is and ends up being better as sometimes it is better to respond privately for support. Sometimes the context of the things (eg if in Holly's situation, if the rumors are true and I refused to believe it till we got "some sort of" - and I know it prob won't be the real - reason etc. Just look at what happened to Mandy and the "reason" behind why she left, I am just glad she had something to fall back on, like moving back to Cali for her dance studio etc because I do love Mandy. ) could end up with the wrong thing said and when in the media everything is 100x maginfied and scrutinised more than it should be, even if it is meant to be a positive.

For example I could have had a problematic day and said on social media "had a bad day but its nice to know who my real friends and who are not my real friends" and some may comment back on social and to those not in the know, it may seem like real friends are not "real friends" if they haven't commented back, but those real friends may have went down the private route of texting, calling, seeing you in person which to the outside may not see.

That sounded so wrong when reading it back but hope it make some sort of sense.

Edited by Dcc fan
  • Love 1

Megan retired. No reason that I've heard. 

Mandy was called out for her weight in front of CMT, didn't appreciate that, and decided to retire instead of reaudition.

Megan took a coach position at her University too, didn't she?  Let's see...long term career opportunity doing what I love vs. fighting my weight all year in the spotlight.  Probably wasn't a hard choice for her!  For Amy T and Melissa, for that matter.

10 hours ago, Teresa said:

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. Wow! I'm surprised Holly wasn't originally at least an AGL.

I wasn't surprised.  Her lack of mature choices aside, Holly seems to have success in building a choreography business.  She might not have wanted to make that extra time and leadership committment, even if she were to be asked.  I feel the same way about Cersten and some of the other standout dancers.  Holly would probably be fine at picking routines and coordinating team rehearsals, but she simply might not desire it.  And I think that's totally okay!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Java said:

Megan retired. No reason that I've heard. 

Mandy was called out for her weight in front of CMT, didn't appreciate that, and decided to retire instead of reaudition.

Thank you!  Sorry to see them go. They were beautiful and very talented dancers!  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SouthernAccent said:

It was awesome to see her family support :)  I almost worry about the internet fanatics that follow her though. Some of them are going to be heartbroken and need a Xanax when they see the team photo and see she's gone. 

• Love 10