Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

So excited for Heather O and Stephanie to be on show group this year! I can only assume Amy L didn't want to be considered for show group. Would have liked to see her there, and of course Erica. I can't wait for the show to start!

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

SHOW GROUP

Jenna - 15 Yes
Maddie - 14 Yes, 1 Maybe
Lacey - 15 Yes
Kashara - 15 Yes
Holly - 15 Yes
Maggie - 15 Yes
Cersten - 15 Yes
Jinelle - 15 Yes
Robin - 15 Yes
Tasha - 7 Yes, 5 Maybe, 3 No
Gina  (Rookie)- 11 Yes, 3 Maybe 1 No
Heather O - 14 Yes, 1 Maybe
Lauren (Rookie)- 15 Yes
Kelli - 13 Yes, 2 Maybe
Stephanie - no numbers
Kalyssa (Rookie)-14 Yes, 1 Maybe

Im confused though. Is Erica usually on show group?? I was surprised to not see her

I think the yes/no's is from May auditions because as we know there's only about 4 or 5 judges for show group. 

Im so happy for Tasha!

per Kelli, Erica is injured 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RhiRhi said:

I think the yes/no's is from May auditions because as we know there's only about 4 or 5 judges for show group. 

Im so happy for Tasha!

per Kelli, Erica is injured 

Awww so since she was injured at the tryout,  she's out? What a bummer!!

(edited)

Came to see the outrage for Erica not being included in show group. If she is injured, ok.  I imagine once she is healed she will be included in some of the performances. Slightly surprised about Tasha. Not at all surprised about Amy L not being there like others said, she is very involved in her studio so no time for show group. 

ETA I guess we see who our rockstar rookies are now. Also I'm surprised more because it looks like Tasha barely made the squad again. That's a score you would see for a borderline rookie. I have to think that she was one of the lowest scoring returning veterans. Maybe it had nothing to do with dancing or weight since she was able to turn it around and make show group.

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

SHOW GROUP

Jenna - 15 Yes
Maddie - 14 Yes, 1 Maybe
Lacey - 15 Yes
Kashara - 15 Yes
Holly - 15 Yes
Maggie - 15 Yes
Cersten - 15 Yes
Jinelle - 15 Yes
Robin - 15 Yes
Lauren (Rookie)- 15 Yes
Kelli - 13 Yes, 2 Maybe
Stephanie - no numbers

Im confused though. Is Erica usually on show group?? I was surprised to not see her

Hmm, a few hangers-on one-year vets are, of course, not even contenders. Smug snickering.

Sorry, I'm just in shock. 1 "maybe" for Maddie? Wonder if it's because of her look. She still looks really young and cutesy to me. Pretty, but there are qualities you can't change, and I can see how some people would find it off putting as a DCC. I personally am a converted Maddie fan and love like, everything she does.

Tasha's numbers speak for themselves. More smug snickering.

Erica, hugs girl. You have to know you're amazing. Everyone else certainly does.

"Robin 15 Yes" Make that 16. God I hope they feature her more this year. She's feature material.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Tasha's numbers speak for themselves. More smug snickering.

Erica, hugs girl. You have to know you're amazing. Everyone else certainly does.

"Robin 15 Yes" Make that 16. God I hope they feature her more this year. She's feature material.

^^^ this just all of this ^^^

• Love 6

YAY KA-SEXY!!!! SOOOO excited for Kashara!! I heard she wanted to make it on SG last year and was so disappointed that she didn't...great year so far for Kash! one of those girls i've never heard even the tiniest bad thing about. :) 

SO glad Cersten tried out this year - i think last year she didn't because of up in the air med school plans but she's def one of the best they have so very happy she'll be performing with them! 

Lauren and Gina are at the top of my new TCC list so seeing them make SG is all the feels.  YES!!!  Kalyssa I like a lot too so I'm glad to see she is basically a lock as well. 

Tasha is honestly the mystery to me but wow, I'm kinda proud of her! That takes some real dedication, like nose to the grindstone stuff, to go from being one of the lowest scoring vets and barely making it back to TC to making show group!! I'd say she is taking this pretty seriously and color me impressed.  :) 

Poor Erica...i was afraid of this. :(  I'm glad Kelli at least finally addressed that she is injured.  Def keep Erica in your thoughts/prayers and hope for the best for her. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

Tasha?  Really?  huh.... ok.  and yes, Erica is usually on show group as is Amy I.......  yay for Cersten - i was surprised she didn't make it last year...  I hope that ramos guy didn't come "help" again this year....

wonder if Jenna and Holly will fight it out for Pro Bowl this year....  (evil grin...)  discuss...

YES!!! KaShara!!  There has to be a legitimate reason why Ericas photo isnt there. Maybe she is unable to commit to off season travel for some reason or maybe they couldn't find her picture? LOL It is IMPOSSIBLE that Erica would not be selected if she auditioned. As far as the others It's nice to see some shoe ins we can start rooting for since I have never seen a rookie that made show group NOT make the team that same year.  

I like Tasha actually, what a group of beauties! I wonder why Milan would not be a choice. I am happy to see Cersten, Heather O. and my name sake on there.! Are those numbers definitely yes/nos? I have not been on this blog before this year so my question to you all who have been on here for a while, do they usually post pics with that info on them for anyone to see and figure out? I keep reading about this season being very secretive so can you guys fill me in on what they normally would reveal? Because I have learned so much already about this upcoming season that I normally would not have known other than just who makes the team before the show airs.

I think Amy L could possibly not be available for all the performances due to wedding plans and honeymoon and all that.  But who really knows. For Pro Bowl my early prediction -  Jenna or Jinelle next year Erica 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

YAY KA-SEXY!!!! SOOOO excited for Kashara!! I heard she wanted to make it on SG last year and was so disappointed that she didn't...great year so far for Kash! one of those girls i've never heard even the tiniest bad thing about. :) 

SO glad Cersten tried out this year - i think last year she didn't because of up in the air med school plans but she's def one of the best they have so very happy she'll be performing with them! 

Lauren and Gina are at the top of my new TCC list so seeing them make SG is all the feels.  YES!!!  Kalyssa I like a lot too so I'm glad to see she is basically a lock as well. 

Tasha is honestly the mystery to me but wow, I'm kinda proud of her! That takes some real dedication, like nose to the grindstone stuff, to go from being one of the lowest scoring vets and barely making it back to TC to making show group!! I'd say she is taking this pretty seriously and color me impressed.  :) 

Poor Erica...i was afraid of this. :(  I'm glad Kelli at least finally addressed that she is injured.  Def keep Erica in your thoughts/prayers and hope for the best for her. 

Do we know what happened to Erica?

• Love 1

I guess it makes sense not to put an injured girl in show group given how few there are anyway in comparison to the full team. Don't they normally have 12 girls perform and have 16 on show group to allow for un-availability or am I imagining that?

@DCCroutineFAN I'm new this year as well and I find I'm so much more excited about the TCCs this year because I'm actually getting chance to know who's who, what their dance ability is etc.

• Love 4

This show group list tells me they either don't have as many rockstars this year, or they're trying something different and some of these girls have another quality besides amazing dance ability. 

Erica injury makes me super sad. So much for point, unless they rotate a lot later in the season.

This year will definitely be a Great Big Thirsty Fight between Jenna and Holly. Jenna thinks  she's earned it with seniority and is beyond thirsty,and Holly just can't help being competitive. I think kelli would've put Holly at point as a rookie if she couldve gotten away with it. They're abut equal dancewise to me, so we'll see that happens. 

Glad Cersten made it. She really is one of the best dancers on the team. I want her to be a Doc more, but while she's here, yay for show group! I think t helps that she excels at Niecy style.

I still am not impressed with Madeline. She has the 'white Baby faces girl from Utah doing ok at commercial hip hop' thing, but I think she looks way too young and has awful technique in everything else.

Tasha I hated last year, but she's grown on me. She's in on the joke of being 'Barbie glam' and she's pretty funny. Not sure if I'd put her on show group for dance ability - she's more like Nicole, Danielle, some of the middle of the packers dancewise, but she is personanble.

Same for Stephanie, Kashara and Jinelle. Stephanie may be my current fave along with Erica and Cersten, and I'm neutral on Jinelle, but I wouldn't thjnk automatic show group like I would with Erica, Lacey, Holly, Jenna. 

• Love 2

Yay! Super excited for Kashara. She & Robin are 2 of my favorite vets. I feel bad for Erica. She's one of the best dancers on the team. I hope her injury isn't something that's career-ending! I'm really surprised that Tasha made SG. She must have had a spectacular audition for it, because she's never wow'd me with her dancing.

At least the one rookie I was rooting for, Gina, made SG. She's definitely got the whole DCC package.

Is it August yet?????

• Love 8

Super surprised Tasha even made training camp much less show group with those scores for a Vet.

Super happy Gina made show group! Show group rookies never seem to get cut so expect to see those 3 on the squad. But anything can happen which we have already seen this year so far.

Madeline and all the other studio trained dancers I'm sure can produce some amazing solos for the USO tour!

I do feel bad for Erica. But I feel like if she comes back from the injury she will be added to the group later.

Pro Bowl: Jenna for this year. Holly for next year. Just my opinion. Holly is a rockstar dancer though. A lot of amazing vets to chose from but pro bowl is seriously too predictable every year. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

SHOW GROUP

Jenna - 15 Yes
Maddie - 14 Yes, 1 Maybe
Lacey - 15 Yes
Kashara - 15 Yes
Holly - 15 Yes
Maggie - 15 Yes
Cersten - 15 Yes
Jinelle - 15 Yes
Robin - 15 Yes
Lauren (Rookie)- 15 Yes
Kelli - 13 Yes, 2 Maybe
Stephanie - no numbers

So excited for Madeline and Tasha!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mittensgizmo said:

Super surprised Tasha even made training camp much less show group with those scores for a Vet.

Super happy Gina made show group! Show group rookies never seem to get cut so expect to see those 3 on the squad. But anything can happen which we have already seen this year so far.

Madeline and all the other studio trained dancers I'm sure can produce some amazing solos for the USO tour!

I do feel bad for Erica. But I feel like if she comes back from the injury she will be added to the group later.

Pro Bowl: Jenna for this year. Holly for next year. Just my opinion. Holly is a rockstar dancer though. A lot of amazing vets to chose from but pro bowl is seriously too predictable every year. 

Erica could still end up Pro Bowl if the girls' votes count. She seems to be really well liked. I think it's a toss up with Erica and Jenna.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Anyone else notice WP on Tasha and WW on Stephanie? I'm assuming weight probation and weight warning?

You go, Nancy Drew! Now we need to figure out what the yellow stickers are. ARe the green stickers maybes? Now I want to know what the pink one in Tasha's top left corner is, too.

As for weight warnings on those two, I think Stephanie is just a slightly bigger, more muscular girl. Like she might be a size 4 instead of a 00 bigger, and I honestly think she looks better than every single one of the super stringy, hard girls, like Kelli Q. Tasha is tiny, but doesn't look 'hard'. Not soft, but not 'hard'. It kills me how crazy hard they want these girls now. I don't think it's healthy or flattering.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Anyone else notice WP on Tasha and WW on Stephanie? I'm assuming weight probation and weight warning?

Good spot, that would make sense. They both have W = 1 on the bottom of their cards as well and an M. I think the B on the some of the others must be barbie winners.

• Love 5

Interesting they would pick two girls who may be dealing with weight issues for Show Group. I do not see the appeal in Tasha, Madeline, Stephanie or Cersten. Glad to see Robin, Lacey, Jinelle, Holly, Heather O.  and KaShara making it.

Ok if Erica is injured, who do we think will be in the triangle? I was thinking Erica, Jenna, Holly, with a toss up at point, but now I'm thinking Jenna, Holly and Kashara. If they're looking for a blond, and someone to balance out Holly in size, Kashara's a safe bet. Plus she's just so likeble and a good performer. She's just a little more dynamic than Amy L. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Ok if Erica is injured, who do we think will be in the triangle? I was thinking Erica, Jenna, Holly, with a toss up at point, but now I'm thinking Jenna, Holly and Kashara. If they're looking for a blond, and someone to balance out Holly in size, Kashara's a safe bet. Plus she's just so likeble and a good performer. She's just a little more dynamic than Amy L. 

I think that would be a good triangle from a visual point of view with a blonde, a brunette and a red head.

8 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I had said during the calendar shot that Steph looked big. No surprise there or Tasha on weight. I agree that Holly looks just as big. What the green M mean? Make over? What about the pink 78 on Tashas?

I'm wondering since the two weights have the M's maybe that means meals? Like when they did myfitfoods? 

• Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, mmm said:

What's the yellow sticker ? it either has an 8 or B on it ?

It's a B. I think it must mean girls who got barbies.

These are the girls that got barbies - it looks like it matches up

Edited by crazydegulady
More info
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Erica could still end up Pro Bowl if the girls' votes count. She seems to be really well liked. I think it's a toss up with Erica and Jenna.

If Erica plans on doing 5 years I think she would push for Jenna to be chosen as pro bowl and wait for her turn to battle Lacey or holly or whoever the next year. Erica and Jenna appear to be besties.  If holly stays for year 5 I can see her as g1 leader, point, pro bowl, everything. I just think they are allowing her to mature a bit. You know how seriously K&J&C take this organization. Even Jenna didn't get 2nd group leader until her 4th year. While Erica and Jenna are super tight, it looks like holly is right in with them now, she has said on her IG lives that she is close with Maddie, Erica, and Jenna. I think it's all love between those three and It would be nice to see them as the triangle. If Erica is injured I vote kashara as the 3rd with Amy L as a close second.  

• Love 2

Tasha- "I can't wait to tell my daughter that I'm on show group!" 

Sucks for Erica. We know Cassie was group 1 leader her last year when her knee was injured. Hope it's something Erica can come back from. Really curious what the M's and pink 78 mean. Anyone think 'M' is for Melissa rycroft?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oklahomama said:

I'm wondering since the two weights have the M's maybe that means meals? Like when they did myfitfoods? 

I think the m means maybe put down that chicken fried steak and have an apple. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I had said during the calendar shot that Steph looked big. No surprise there or Tasha on weight. I agree that Holly looks just as big. What the green M mean? Make over? What about the pink 78 on Tashas?

I doubt it it's makeover, so I think it's a Maybe. Somebody else said 'meals', and that's a good guess. No Idea what the pink 78 means.

43 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

If Erica plans on doing 5 years I think she would push for Jenna to be chosen as pro bowl and wait for her turn to battle Lacey or holly or whoever the next year. Erica and Jenna appear to be besties.  If holly stays for year 5 I can see her as g1 leader, point, pro bowl, everything. I just think they are allowing her to mature a bit. You know how seriously K&J&C take this organization. Even Jenna didn't get 2nd group leader until her 4th year. While Erica and Jenna are super tight, it looks like holly is right in with them now, she has said on her IG lives that she is close with Maddie, Erica, and Jenna. I think it's all love between those three and It would be nice to see them as the triangle. If Erica is injured I vote kashara as the 3rd with Amy L as a close second.  

I really don't think Holly will stay 5 years. She's already 20 or 21, and if she wants to continue a dance career past DCC, the clock is ticking. She might be one of the best for DCC, but there are lots of dancers as talented or more talented than her. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Kelli & Co. already know this, and if they move her way up as a third year performance wise, it's a signal to me that she won't stay for five, but they want to utilize her while they can. Sort of like Melissa up in the triangle last year.

When say compete or battle it out, I don't mean for a second these girls aren't friends or friendly. Really competitive people can go against each other, and still be friends. Sort of how lawyers can talk smack 24/7 then go have a drink with their opponents after. It's actually more interesting to me when you KNOW there's some friendly competition, than some portrayal of girls being all Chip and Dale "after YOU, no, YOU".

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

When say compete or battle it out, I don't mean for a second these girls aren't friends or friendly. Really competitive people can go against each other, and still be friends. Sort of how lawyers can talk smack 24/7 then go have a drink with their opponents after. It's actually more interesting to me when you KNOW there's some friendly competition, than some portrayal of girls being all Chip and Dale "after YOU, no, YOU".

Absolutely, I agree. When I say battle it out, I also don't mean anything bad. Just many well liked, amazing dancers who would all love the honor but would love it just as much for each other. 

I also think that K&J prefer to give leadership roles to veterans who have a chance of coming back, otherwise you will continually have 3rd years being group leaders without any experience. It's possible they also don't see her staying more than 3 years. If all the 2nds leave after this year then it's better to have a 4 year veteran serve as a leader for the first time. Maybe holly is going for year 3 to be eligible for all star status and she will do that while she pursues other opportunities. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

Tasha- "I can't wait to tell my daughter that I'm on show group!" 

Sucks for Erica. We know Cassie was group 1 leader her last year when her knee was injured. Hope it's something Erica can come back from. Really curious what the M's and pink 78 mean. Anyone think 'M' is for Melissa rycroft?

Maybe it's her Current Events/Dallas Cowboys test score??  Just a thought...

Looking back at this picture,  Brianna also has a green "M" label, plus a pink 56.  Coming from New England, she probably wouldn't know much about the Cowboys, so might be the test score??

vote counts.jpg

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tootie said:

Maybe it's her Current Events/Dallas Cowboys test score??  Just a thought...

Looking back at this picture,  Brianna also has a green "M" label, plus a pink 56.  Coming from New England, she probably wouldn't know much about the Cowboys, so might be the test score??

vote counts.jpg

Bri is not from New England and knows a lot about football...especially the Cowboys:) 

Omay 1, does anyone know if the girls have this week off or just a long weekend? Raven's in NYC and I'm not sure if she's cut or not. Also I'm in NYC and I'm sad I didn't see her.

2. I love holls, you all know I love her but I don't see her as pro bowl cheerleader and I could maybe see if she's not even in the point triangle this year. 

2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I doubt it it's makeover, so I think it's a Maybe. Somebody else said 'meals', and that's a good guess. No Idea what the pink 78 means.

I really don't think Holly will stay 5 years. She's already 20 or 21, and if she wants to continue a dance career past DCC, the clock is ticking. She might be one of the best for DCC, but there are lots of dancers as talented or more talented than her. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Kelli & Co. already know this, and if they move her way up as a third year performance wise, it's a signal to me that she won't stay for five, but they want to utilize her while they can. Sort of like Melissa up in the triangle last year.

20 and 21 are nothing though considering she made the team at 18, she could stay 5 years if she really enjoys it. She has the talent to go farther in the dance community but that doesn't mean people want to leave before 5 years. I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way, but I'm leaning more towards her staying because she knows she's a rockstar and has a lot of popularity and if she did question leaving I think K and J would "encourage" her to stay. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Omay 1, does anyone know if the girls have this week off or just a long weekend? Raven's in NYC and I'm not sure if she's cut or not. Also I'm in NYC and I'm sad I didn't see her.

2. I love holls, you all know I love her but I don't see her as pro bowl cheerleader and I could maybe see if she's not even in the point triangle this year. 

Not sure what time they have off but Laura is in Oklahoma according to her Instagram story and she's not cut. 

2 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Bri is not from New England and knows a lot about football...especially the Cowboys:) 

Oop!  My bad, my bad!  When I typed this, I couldn't remember the exact state she was from, but I knew it was somewhere up in the Northeast tip of the country, and to this Texas girl, all of that area is "New England!"  lol  I just googled it and realize it's only the 6 uppermost states (not New Jersey.)  Sorry! :)  I wasn't dissin' her--I actually think she's gorgeous and I can't wait to see her dance!!  I was only speculating on what the pink numbers could be...

This picture also shows that Erin has a pink dot in the left corner, but I can't make out the number.  (Erica's on the far left also has something "pink" on it, but it's not in the same location that the other "pink dots" are.)

Artistic Excellence, WOW Factor, Make Us Smile Award.jpg

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

Where is she from? She posts from a lot of places, but seems like NY area.

Shes very young according to social. That's so cool that she is a Cowboys fan and so up to speed on all the NFL/Cowboys.

Coming in at 18 that prepared will make her more of a superstar than she already is!

I admire girls that young who have the discipline and maturity to master something this big at 18! That's why Milan, Lacey and Jenna are some of my faves.