Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

So there will need to be about 2-3 cuts a week from now until the end of TC. 8 wonder if they're going to even it out or save a blood bath for the end 

It's been a bloodbath at the end for the last 2 years. It was brutal watching Amy S. and Kyndall get cut minutes before they announced the team. 

Im glad to see Brennan come back. I know her eyes are a bit close together but I am pulling for her. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Hate on me, I had makeup on for my c section and plan to again. Booooom. I had my hair curled too. Looked fabulous. But I was shaking like a crackhead so they put a washcloth on my forehead

you are ADORABLE!!!!!!

• Love 5
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Thank you and thank you @raindancer

Lets see, after this one maybe when I shave off 45 lbs and 6 years of age! Do K and J mind c section scars? 

I third that, Oklahomama should be on the team! 

After going through childbirth, if women want to put on makeup for pics I see absolutely no problem with that. You more than deserve to look and feel your best after bringing a child into the world. Besides, in this day and age, if you put up a raw pic, someone will say oh my goodness why didn't you get yourself together first? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

9 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

Re: Yuko's English skills...if she was not verbally proficient to pass a DCC interview twice, they would not have taken her to TC or squad. Have to trust K & J on that one.

I agree. Neither one of them is encouraged by lack of progress. I think they are also concerned about blatantly being hypocrites. Her English and communication should be better this year and I have to at least hope that they allowed her to work on it and tested that during the interview. Personally I'm a Yuko fan. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

The most I can remember them cutting close to the end was 3, so I'm expecting some even cuts the next few weeks.

About 2 years ago, when Courtney auditioned, didn't they cut like 5 girls that last day?

Kelli and Judy are not the only ones who have the final say so in who makes the team or who gets cut. There are other outside influences who also are part of the decision making. They may not care too much for a girl but Charlotte, and or Jerry Jones probably have made their voices heard in who makes the squad or who makes TC.

13 hours ago, lfedncr said:

If Holly (who is "soft") gets a pass for auditions the Erica should get a pass for show group.  That is my point. 

Holly is far from soft lol she's at the gym pretty much every day

Holly is a beaaaaaast. I can see where she would come off as a little soft in the beginning of her rookie season, but she really toned up. I would be surprised to see a jiggle on her at all.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

She's been doing two a days for a while this summer too

She was just on the LA trip and then went straight from the airport to the gym. That's dedication man.

(edited)
10 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

Re: Yuko's English skills...if she was not verbally proficient to pass a DCC interview twice, they would not have taken her to TC or squad. Have to trust K & J on that one.

Nicole Hamilton among others failed and remained. We don't know if she passed or if she did, what was asked.

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 2

Wasn't Nicole Hamilton a fairly new dancer when she first tried out? I feel like I remember hearing she had very little experience and it was always kind of amazing how she came back strong to try out again and was such a standout on the squad every year she was on it. She will ALWAYS be one of my all time favorites!!! 

Hope we get to see some sneak peaks of cameos!! i feel like there are always a couple cuts after them when they really get to see who is not photogenic or someone they were on fence about who falls off after bad pics, etc. 

Heard from more than one place now that there was a third cut last week...

• Love 8

According to the one article, she tried out right after high school, but she did not make the team. She went on to the Mavericks squad for three years before trying out for DCC again. And the rest they say is history.

ahhh that's right, she was a Mavs before! i always forget she was on that squad too.  

CUTE BABY.  (no surprise lol)

Ok, stopping now. i realize i'm in wrong thread for Nicole. sorry mods!! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

She was just on the LA trip and then went straight from the airport to the gym. That's dedication man.

She seems to be addicted to it.

53 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Wasn't Nicole Hamilton a fairly new dancer when she first tried out? I feel like I remember hearing she had very little experience and it was always kind of amazing how she came back strong to try out again and was such a standout on the squad every year she was on it. She will ALWAYS be one of my all time favorites!!! 

Hope we get to see some sneak peaks of cameos!! i feel like there are always a couple cuts after them when they really get to see who is not photogenic or someone they were on fence about who falls off after bad pics, etc. 

Heard from more than one place now that there was a third cut last week...

We'll likely get a peek of a veteran, but I doubt much of anything else.

• Love 3

Sometimes they post on snapchat, maybe they'll do both insta stories and snapchat this year

(edited)
11 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Hate on me, I had makeup on for my c section and plan to again. Booooom. I had my hair curled too. Looked fabulous. But I was shaking like a crackhead so they put a washcloth on my forehead

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

Giiiiiiirl, you are gorgeous. Or as my three year old says, "you so pretty".  Congratulations on your new bub! 

Edited by Ante
Sorry mods, I just saw the post to stop. Please move to small talk.
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

I can see where she would come off as a little soft in the beginning of her rookie season, but she really toned up.

I assumed this is what the original post was referencing, no way in hell is she "soft" now.

(edited)

Omg they're doing some sort of media thing too with a green screen and Chantal? was doing some moves

Edited by heatherrrrz
5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Has it been confirmed that there's a third cut yet? 

If you count me saying it LOL ( I am not being snotty by saying that either :) But I'm hearing Group 4 lost another...

• Love 7

So does that mean Taryn, Molly, Brennan, or Brianna, right?? 

20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

If you count me saying it LOL ( I am not being snotty by saying that either :) But I'm hearing Group 4 lost another...

• Love 2

Kelsey's instagram story just had me cracking up, that hashtag #cheeseburgerdatewithmyself is great

6 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Nicole Hamilton among others failed and remained. We don't know if she passed or if she did, what was asked.

While I am not the biggest Yuko cheerleader, I was not referring to the test but to her verbal acumen for representing the DCC. Yuko's  English skills are not as terrible as this board makes them out to be and I do not agree she's a representation risk. That's my point.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Kelsey's instagram story just had me cracking up, that hashtag #cheeseburgerdatewithmyself is great

Kelsey seems like she has a fun personality, if I were to be able to hang out with anyone of the girls it would be her. Or KaShara! 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ellekotonyok said:

Kelsey seems like she has a fun personality, if I were to be able to hang out with anyone of the girls it would be her. Or KaShara! 

Her and Kash seem like such great people to be around!

1 hour ago, mittensgizmo said:

Molly and Brianna both had Insta stories flying back to Dallas yesterday so I guess they're still Ok.  

That leaves Taryn and Brennan. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

While I am not the biggest Yuko cheerleader, I was not referring to the test but to her verbal acumen for representing the DCC. Yuko's  English skills are not as terrible as this board makes them out to be and I do not agree she's a representation risk. That's my point.

Hay! I thank here english is decrest-able. End I hope shes lurned the language hear in this county. Their isn't no raisin not to no how to talk hear in america!

Truly, I think she's incredibly sweet. I know she's been studying and I hope that hard work has paid off. There are plenty of Americans who misuse words like "for all intensive purposes" or who simply make up a new word like "a whole nother". 

ENGLISH, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?

Not you. It's a quote.

giphy.gif

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Her and Kash seem like such great people to be around!

They're probably assholes in real life. No one is that perfect.

(I'm kidding. Please be my best friend, Kelsey.)

Ysv0fdv.gif

• Love 9
Just now, Oranaiche said:

They're probably assholes in real life. No one is that perfect.

(I'm kidding. Please be my best friend, Kelsey.)

Ysv0fdv.gif

@Oranaiche you are so funny! Everything you post makes me laugh! (be my friend haha!) 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Hay! I thank here english is decrest-able. End I hope shes lurned the language hear in this county. Their isn't no raisin not to no how to talk hear in america!

Truly, I think she's incredibly sweet. I know she's been studying and I hope that hard work has paid off. There are plenty of Americans who misuse words like "for all intensive purposes" or who simply make up a new word like "a whole nother". 

ENGLISH, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?

Not you. It's a quote.

giphy.gif

Bah-ha-ha! Ralph!! You know I knew that line from "Pulp"...say "what again"!

I would be curious about Brennan. I do not know much about her dancing, but I could see she might have an issue lookswise. I follow Taryn on Insta but she has not posted since AAIA banquet on 6/27. Not that I'm a freak,for checking that...

• Love 1
Just now, LilRedHerring said:

Bah-ha-ha! Ralph!! You know I knew that line from "Pulp"...say "what again"!

I would be curious about Brennan. I do not know much about her dancing, but I could see she might have an issue lookswise. I follow Taryn on Insta but she has not posted since AAIA banquet on 6/27. Not that I'm a freak,for checking that...

Whew! I hoped you would ;-)

I like Brennan. She's sort of an amalgamation of a bunch of former DCCs that I liked.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mittensgizmo said:

OMG I really hope it's not Brianna... she's my favorite TCC 

I don't know which one Molly is