Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Erin has been cut and I think rookie Madeline was also cut but not 100% sure. 

Not sure who they are. Can you post a picture of them?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, crazydegulady said:

So does mean that Madeline is the brunette that was cut?

I guess the fact that Lauren likes your question means that Madeline is the brunette that was cut second. I find that cut surprising as I thought she had a good chance to make the team.  I have Notre Dame family.  Can't wait to see why she was cut when the show airs.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, marizetian said:

How could they have cut Madeline so early when someone said she got thirteen out of fifteen yes votes from the judges?

Are we sure it was Madeline Molloy and not vet Madeline who got all the yes votes? Just a thought.

• Love 6

During or right before training camp, Madeline put up something on Instagram about a makeup line she promotes.   Maybe they didn't want her promoting her own brand after the initial auditions?  But a few vets also promote products and that has never gotten anyone in trouble, so that is probably not the reason why she was cut.  We'll have to wait and see I guess.

I thought Madeline was one of the cutest TCCs. I know that we don't have much to go on, but if these are the 1st two cuts, I'm kind of mystified that a Barbie winner and NCAA division 1 dance captain were the 1st to go. If so, the rest of the group must be more incredibly talented and glam than I imagined. Just wow. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I thought Madeline was one of the cutest TCCs. I know that we don't have much to go on, but if these are the 1st two cuts, I'm kind of mystified that a Barbie winner and NCAA division 1 dance captain were the 1st to go. If so, the rest of the group must be more incredibly talented and glam than I imagined. Just wow. 

Agreed! I really think it must be a super talented group - major key is DCC style.  Some years they can give you more time to perfect it but it seems like this time around ya gotta get on it quick. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

She has such a cute look, so that isn't it, but some Division I pom and dance choreography is less challenging than what they will see in training camp.  You have to be a quick study.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, marizetian said:

She has such a cute look, so that isn't it, but some Division I pom and dance choreography is less challenging than what they will see in training camp.  You have to be a quick study.

Which brings me back to what I said yesterday.  Why would they take someone like this, whose experience is a little "risky" (I can't really think of a better word to use), but cut 3 veterans?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, marizetian said:

I really like her look too ? Is it just me or are there a lot of rookie candidates who are brunette? Do we have this convo every year? As soon as I typed the question I had déjà vu about it.

2 minutes ago, mittensgizmo said:

This is the sheet I made that is a few pages back now. Since Erin was confirmed cut I went ahead and put cut on her picture. When and if Madeline is confirmed I will do the same with her. 

Screen shot 2017-06-28 at 6.53.15 PM.png

You're AMAZING!!

• Love 7

Thank you for assembling the photos Mittens, very helpful.  Madeline's cut has been been alluded to several times now, but I suppose we won't know for sure until the show airs.  The veteran Maddie was an early cut the first season she auditioned, and came back to be a rock star.  Did someone say that they can only take eleven rookies this year?  That means there are still six girls left to cut.  This is such a difficult process.  Is it just me, or could Brianna be Kendall Jenner's sister?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Sorry if this has been discussed but what is up with Miranda's hmmmm twins? 

Hopefully just a bad pic? I can't imagine Kelli taking someone into camp with Yogi Bear and Boo Boo boobs.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Java said:

Hopefully just a bad pic? I can't imagine Kelli taking someone into camp with Yogi Bear and Boo Boo boobs.

It's not a bad pic. She does indeed have the scariest uniboob job ever. I noticed it when she auditioned last year and it haunts me.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Kind of an extra note on what I said above, if we don't hear about any of the girls on the show how are we supposed to root for any of them?  It takes all the fun out of it!

I believe they are taking video questions on IG. You guys could ask them to show more videos and pics of the them leading up to the show. All they can say is no:)

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

It's not a bad pic. She does indeed have the scariest uniboob job ever. I noticed it when she auditioned last year and it haunts me.

Ugh that's disappointing. How can they expect that to look good in the uniform top

• Love 2
5 hours ago, M1977G said:

Keep in mind, for finals they bring their own routine which (hopefully) is a style they do best.  They also have a whole week to perfect a portion of a routine.  Once they get to training camp, they're being taught a whole routine every one to two days!!  A lot of competitive teams have one routine a season... studio dancers usually have a final show to prepare for where they may be in a handful of dances, but, again they are spending a lot of time perfecting minimal routines.   If you're not used to that pace, I'm sure it's overwhelming!

Here's a pic from Alexis' Instagram.  These girls are just stunning!

Madeline and Alexis.jpg

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Keep in mind, for finals they bring their own routine which (hopefully) is a style they do best.  They also have a whole week to perfect a portion of a routine.  Once they get to training camp, they're being taught a whole routine every one to two days!!  A lot of competitive teams have one routine a season... studio dancers usually have a final show to prepare for where they may be in a handful of dances, but, again they are spending a lot of time perfecting minimal routines.   If you're not used to that pace, I'm sure it's overwhelming!

Here's a pic from Alexis' Instagram.  These girls are just stunning!

Madeline and Alexis.jpg

Madeline and Alexis both have the right look for the team.  Maybe Madeline will come back with more preparation and training next year, and have a better chance.  I hope Alexis makes it.

• Love 3

Just a thought...but do you think the video questions to dccheerleader IG will end up on MTT? I would love to see more of the rookies from last year and the solos of those who won the Barbies this year...but there is no way I am making a video;)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I hate those finalists photos, they're not always flattering... here is a list I made where they are a little bit more "glammed" up!

DCC TCC 1.jpg

DCC TCC 2.jpg

Because this is the kind of visual I require. I finally remember celinda.

Gram gram's last two remaining brain cells were rubbed together and a moment of clarity emerged. I see you, celinda. 

Anyone else remember Christina? I keed, I keed. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tootie said:

From her Instagram, it looks like Stephanie DiBiase Wheat is going to teach tonight.  Maybe she'll post a picture with all the girls like she's done in the past!

I hope so!!!

• Love 1

Brennan just looks odd to me... Like she is holding her breath in all of the pictures I have seen of her.  

I guess it doesn't help that she is next to Brianna in the photo line up that was made. Brianna is so gorgeous to me

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Ugh that's disappointing. How can they expect that to look good in the uniform top

I'm assuming a really amazing bra that super smushes them together and creates a big line of cleavage? She can get away with better support and smushery in the uniform top than dance wear. That said, bless her heart. Super sucks she got done so wrong by her surgeon. 

1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Because this is the kind of visual I require. I finally remember celinda.

Gram gram's last two remaining brain cells were rubbed together and a moment of clarity emerged. I see you, celinda. 

Anyone else remember Christina? I keed, I keed. 

She's Stompy McStomperson, but I only remember that bc I started watching season 11 last night. All this time I thought the comeback girl was the super pretty one with the amazing body, and all along it was drill team girl. Bah humbug. Also bah humbug? Christina. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mcmrdh said:

Brennan just looks odd to me...

I agree. I never thought she looked like a DCC last year and I still don't feel she looks like a DCC. Her eyes are too close together and it just seems "off". I feel terrible for saying that. I'm sure she's a nice girl. I just don't think she's DCC material. Good thing I'm not a judge. Sorry, Brennan :(

• Love 3

That's a pretty picture of Celinda. I just a few days ago, watched the deleted scene with Celinda's  intro and was unsure what to think about her, kinda boring or aloof perhaps. Maybe that's why they didn't include it in the show.

4 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Kelli taking someone into camp with Yogi Bear and Boo Boo boobs

OMG I just spit out my drink laughing!

• Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

OMG I just spit out my drink laughing!

How in the world did my name end up on that quote? Lol. I wish I could take credit for "Yogi Bear and Boo Boo Boobs." ?

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3

She seems like she would be a good ambassador, her speaking is very clear and she knows what she wants to say and it comes out good.

4 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

TCC Tara:

OMG I now have a favorite TCC! This girl reminds me of Brooke. That mellow, chill, cool-girl thing that Brooke Sorenson had. Bet Kelli loves her NY accent. I want to see her dance.

#TeamTara

Did granny do that right? Are you supposed to have a hashtag and then a team if there's not technically an opposing team? Meh, who cares. I did it.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think she has really thin hair that looks stringy when it's long. If they cut it short, I hope hey give her something edgier than the retired soccer mom page boy.

I've been begging for this since I laid eyes on her too. I hate the color too. She needs edgy!! She's got a face and an attitude that can carry edgy.

• Love 4