Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sandiedog said:

Don't ever say our DCC swimsuit fashion show is raunchballs until you've watched the Dolphin's Cheerleaders. There is a slide show of theirs on that site and it makes ours look like the Little House on the Prairie swimsuit fashion show. It's not that it's overly sexy or provocative, it's just tacky. Watching it makes me realize even more how much class our DCC elude. 

"Raunchballs" LMAO!!

• Love 3
(edited)

Don't ever say our DCC swimsuit fashion show is raunchballs until you've watched the Dolphin's Cheerleaders. There is a slide show of theirs on that site and it makes ours look like the Little House on the Prairie swimsuit fashion show. It's not that it's overly sexy or provocative, it's just tacky. Watching it makes me realize even more how much class our DCC elude. 

I see what you mean.. It feels like they are channeling their inner Victoria's Secret models with all the wings... I do like the ballet one though!

When it comes to DCC I know someone mentioned they are no longer partners with Belk, and we didn't see any fashion show during the swim shots.. I assume the might come up with replacement to fill up the TV time..

Edited by LurkingFan
22 minutes ago, Slate said:

It seems some former DCCs filmed at training camp last night. I saw pictures on Mia, Cassie, and Ashton's Instagrams.

While not excited to see Cassie again, I hope this means we're getting proper mentoring this time. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, LurkingFan said:

I see what you mean.. It feels like they are channeling their inner Victoria's Secret models with all the wings... I do like the ballet one though!

When it comes to DCC I know someone mentioned they are no longer partners with Belk, and we didn't see any fashion show during the swim shots.. I assume the might come up with replacement to fill up the TV time..

They're really trying to do VS haha. Pointing to the singers, etc haha. But it seems like none of them can walk in heels

• Love 7
(edited)

So is this thread now in regards to everyone's tryouts? I thought this was for DCC.. I'm not an admin, but I think all of this should probably move to the Other teams thread! Lol 

now I wonder what all of the alumni was doing? I'm intrigued! @ShellyB inside info? Also, have any cuts been made yet that can be spoiled? Please please please!!! 

Edited by Jaxratchet
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

So is this thread now in regards to everyone's tryouts? I thought this was for DCC.. I'm not an admin, but I think all of this should probably move to the Other teams thread! Lol 

now I wonder what all of the alumni was doing? I'm intrigued! @ShellyB inside info? Also, have any cuts been made yet that can be spoiled? Please please please!!! 

You are very right.. ( no irony) I just saw the video and fueled the fire of small talk here..

On DCC note, it's only the first week. Do we normally expect cuts during that time? But some inside spoilers won't kill us would they!!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

#nospoilers

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

aw man! As my students say, "y'all be forcin'" which means doing the most to keep it under wraps! Lol ? can't wait for August!!! 

23 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

#nospoilers

I am hoping that #nospoliers means no cuts so far:)

• Love 3

Hahaha I just watched the season 10 episode where Shelly was judging show group with Kelly Judy Kitty and Jackie Bob and Karen from Mexico started singing the "star sprangled banner".  That was my favorite segment of bad dcc singing with Kelsey Bond, Jenna, and Amy L.  Lol 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jaxratchet said:

aw man! As my students say, "y'all be forcin'" which means doing the most to keep it under wraps! Lol ? can't wait for August!!! 

It will be here before you know it. I don't want to spoil anything for y'all! ?

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Am I the only one here who actually can't get sick of watching the show over and over? Of course now I skip over the office visits and just watch everything else.  

I think we all share that same sickness, my friend. I get the shakes when I go too long without watching an MTT rerun.

• Love 5

I'm really glad I put my beverage down when I read these last three posts.....

had to laugh out loud!

i have seasons 1 and 2 on VHS, That I pull out once in a while and watch, as well as both made for TV movies, and I have seasons 3-11 on my iPad..... it makes me feel less stressed when I watch them. Plus it is great motivation for me.

After I visited Dallas and AT&T stadium last year........

my vacation was at the time of tryouts this year ..... I voted for Dallas....... ( I wish I was young enough to tryout, and flexible enough.....a dream is still a dream)

even though my husband is a huge cowboys fan.....we went to Chattanooga, TN

(it was great.....but Dallas.....well.....)

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, DCCFan79 said:

I'm really glad I put my beverage down when I read these last three posts.....

had to laugh out loud!

i have seasons 1 and 2 on VHS, That I pull out once in a while and watch, as well as both made for TV movies, and I have seasons 3-11 on my iPad..... it makes me feel less stressed when I watch them. Plus it is great motivation for me.

I myself am a Denver Broncos fan, living in Colorado and all that... we moved here right before Dallas beat the Broncos in their first Super Bowl (17-10).  i have never been impressed with the Pony Express cheerleaders - other than that one episode of Mork & Mindy.... :)  I fell in love with the show from late night insomnia watching - some rerun where Judy was having none of the ineptitude going on in front of her... I love when she gets snarly and snarky.. "that was horrible"  lol....  I have seasons 3 - 11 on my MAC and watch when I need some mindless entertainment.  I watch the make overs and cameo episodes over and over again....  and while I loved Ms Rycroft on her 2 seasons, and when she was on the Bachelor (that show screwed her over royally IMO), I'd like MTT to bring other alumnae advisors to the show - besides MRS. Love the lucid dream poems, the skanky ho pics that get girls disqualified, and the hooker makeovers....  Even though i've seen all the episodes multiple times  - they are like flannel jimmies to me.... warm, welcoming and fun....  (can we also get rid of the dude from ETV?)

14 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Am I the only one here who actually can't get sick of watching the show over and over? Of course now I skip over the office visits and just watch everything else.  

f6b5b35be68184ecc6ccbf109061998d1a5d9e2a

• Love 12
On 6/9/2017 at 7:10 AM, DaisyFields500 said:

I am interested to see which Texan girls make the Dolphin's cheer squad.  I hope Whitney makes it.  I am glad they have the opportunity to still make a dream come true for them.  

The Dolphins cheerleaders are announced today right? That's early compared to DCC. 

1 hour ago, AnnMichele said:

f6b5b35be68184ecc6ccbf109061998d1a5d9e2a

Im right there with you, DCC MTT and the movie The Breakfast Club I could watch on repeat. 

• Love 2

Dang it... i posted this in the wrong thread, so I'm posting here.  apologies to anyone who sees this twice.

After rewatching season 11 this morning, i wonder if this is why Tasha scored so low during try-outs....  this smirk of hers irks me.. and this is not a picture of a big bold confident DCC - all hunched over and yes, smirking instead of smiling......  the pic is from this year's try out....  

lovely girl, but not a big bold performer here.

(and  I love the MJ reference above - hilarious)

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 9.07.07 AM.png

13 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

I myself am a Denver Broncos fan, living in Colorado and all that... we moved here right before Dallas beat the Broncos in their first Super Bowl (17-10).  i have never been impressed with the Pony Express cheerleaders - other than that one episode of Mork & Mindy.... :)  I fell in love with the show from late night insomnia watching - some rerun where Judy was having none of the ineptitude going on in front of her... I love when she gets snarly and snarky.. "that was horrible"  lol....  I have seasons 3 - 11 on my MAC and watch when I need some mindless entertainment.  I watch the make overs and cameo episodes over and over again....  and while I loved Ms Rycroft on her 2 seasons, and when she was on the Bachelor (that show screwed her over royally IMO), I'd like MTT to bring other alumnae advisors to the show - besides MRS. Love the lucid dream poems, the skanky ho pics that get girls disqualified, and the hooker makeovers....  Even though i've seen all the episodes multiple times  - they are like flannel jimmies to me.... warm, welcoming and fun....  (can we also get rid of the dude from ETV?)

Yassssss Broncos!! I'm a big Broncos fan too! (Do you love my profile pic? We have three AG dolls with uniforms in our family!)

I'm also with you on Anthony Ramone or whoever he is. What does he know about NFL cheerleaders? He reeks of paid placement.

Im with you girls on re-runs and being obsessed! We just got back from the beach. It rained hard for two days and two carloads of grandparents, uncles and kids went to the theater for a back-to-back movie marathon, so I got to hide out on the screened porch under a big blanket, listen to the rain and binge watch old episodes!

The Dolphins cheerleaders are announced today right? That's early compared to DCC. 

Im right there with you, DCC MTT and the movie The Breakfast Club I could watch on repeat. 

Is the DCC team the only one to do a training camp to pick their squad?

17 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Is the DCC team the only one to do a training camp to pick their squad?

No there's a lot of Dallas teams who do training camp. Mavs, DSIG, MDC, and TLD

• Love 1

I just got on twitter for the first time in awhile and saw that Allie had posted this, it makes me so sad looking at it. These five girls were probably one of my favorite group of friends on DCC. They all just seemed so genuine and to truly have a real bond which was refreshing. I hope they stay friends after the two of them were cut. IMG_5898.thumb.PNG.ca4fbb856f2ae1cd1b1442a7dc26cb6f.PNG

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, SSgirl971 said:

I just got on twitter for the first time in awhile and saw that Allie had posted this, it makes me so sad looking at it. These five girls were probably one of my favorite group of friends on DCC. They all just seemed so genuine and to truly have a real bond which was refreshing. I hope they stay friends after the two of them were cut. IMG_5898.thumb.PNG.ca4fbb856f2ae1cd1b1442a7dc26cb6f.PNG

Also meant to add this question in this past post.. Does anyone know the meaning of her hashtag, college crew? 

34 minutes ago, SSgirl971 said:

I hope they stay close too! I don't think it's the same though, even if they stay in Dallas. They're going from spending everyday together to whenever it's convenient for all of them with their different schedules.

17 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Just saw this on twitter.

Isn't this awfully EARLY in the game for this?

I guess that's one of the changes we were promised! Now i'm even more excited for this season!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Yassssss Broncos!! I'm a big Broncos fan too! (Do you love my profile pic? We have three AG dolls with uniforms in our family!)

I'm also with you on Anthony Ramone or whoever he is. What does he know about NFL cheerleaders? He reeks of paid placement.

love screened in porches!  my parents were from the midwest - and screened in porches make me think of sunscreen, lakes, lightning bugs and summer.

love your profile pic.  GO BRONCOS!  I guess Ramos knows about style - he just looks so out of place with all the big hair, high heels, and manners of Dallas - he's very plastic L.A.  I love that the girls say yes ma'am after ever comment.  I usually really enjoy the special guests - Kelli Pickler, the Cowboys coach, Neil McCoy, all the different choreographers, etc....  even Tony Romo's wife.  I was really impressed by her - Candace is it?  her imitating Kelly was awesome...  (more style!!)  she added a different and informed perspective - like a cool, and hipper Menschew sister.  I know they try to spice it up an make it different every year...but to me he just doesn't cut it...

I liked the older fitness segments with Jay - when they did that army fit test? and you'd see girls that have never run a day in their lives trying to do a 2 mile run.  or when they'd do something scary that builds trust - like jumping off a post or falling 16 stories....or when they used to show the BMI exams of all women - fascinating to me anyway...  i don't care what they are wearing ....  they aren't on the red carpet....  but he's back again - skinnier this year....  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ahndreeeah said:

Dang it... i posted this in the wrong thread, so I'm posting here.  apologies to anyone who sees this twice.

After rewatching season 11 this morning, i wonder if this is why Tasha scored so low during try-outs....  this smirk of hers irks me.. and this is not a picture of a big bold confident DCC - all hunched over and yes, smirking instead of smiling......  the pic is from this year's try out....  

lovely girl, but not a big bold performer here.

(and  I love the MJ reference above - hilarious)

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 9.07.07 AM.png

Didn't Kelli have issues with Colby's smirk?  Oh. Here's some news. I am in stroke rehab, and about 2 minutes from the STAR. I wish they'd come visit me.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:

Tell me this is Keyra! I zoomed in on my iPad and I saw her reflection in the mirror! She looks pissed

She does look pissed.  i hope she survives and loves her makeover.

they also took a bunch of blondes into camp, so i hope half of them go dark or red...

9 minutes ago, Jaxratchet said:
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Didn't Kelli have issues with Colby's smirk?  Oh. Here's some news. I am in stroke rehab, and about 2 minutes from the STAR. I wish they'd come visit me.

IMO Kelli hated Colby and found any reason to tear her down. She probably was pissed that they had to take Colby to TC because of the FV. This year we won't hear Kelli tell some girls they did/did not make to TC because of the FV.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SSgirl971 said:

Also meant to add this question in this past post.. Does anyone know the meaning of her hashtag, college crew? 

I could be wrong but I thought it was because they all seemed to move to Dallas and become DCC right after they graduated college

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

This year we won't hear Kelli tell some girls they did/did not make to TC because of the FV.

Does this mean no Fan Vote this year?? or that whomever got the fan vote this year would have made it anyway?  

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I could be wrong but I thought it was because they all seemed to move to Dallas and become DCC right after they graduated college

Oh I guess I never thought of that, I love that. I'm all about these girls getting their degrees and education! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

No fan vote this year.

That's a bummer.  I liked that they gave the fans a way to participate - but i can understand that it maybe made K+Js job a bit more challenging.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SSgirl971 said:

They were all on college pom at their universities and newly graduated when they made it to TC.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SSgirl971 said:

or maybe they just graduated and were all dancers on their College dance/cheer teams giving them a common bond.  Speaking of... It appears that Megan C. and Heather O. danced together at Arizona. I wonder why they didn't mention that on the show. Also Mandy said she was a Raiderette from 2008-2011, and Bess said her rookie year as a Raiderette was 2011, that means they too danced together.  Another set of numbers for Kristi

AGGG I just posted and then saw @ShellyB post about it

On 6/10/2017 at 6:55 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

No, I do the same thing.  Sometimes I just have it on to listen to.  I find the show to be very uplifting.  It's a show about beautiful talented girls and I know when I watch it I won't have to hear about politics or news stories!

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

or maybe they just graduated and were all dancers on their College dance/cheer teams giving them a common bond.  Speaking of... It appears that Megan C. and Heather O. danced together at Arizona. I wonder why they didn't mention that on the show. Also Mandy said she was a Raiderette from 2008-2011, and Bess said her rookie year as a Raiderette was 2011, that means they too danced together.  Another set of numbers for Kristi

AGGG I just posted and then saw @ShellyB post about it

Mandy & Bess did not dance together on Raiderettes. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jaxratchet said:

Tell me this is Keyra! I zoomed in on my iPad and I saw her reflection in the mirror! She looks pissed

image.png

haha! *ANGRY*! Keyra, have you met Taylor? She likes apples....

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

No, I do the same thing.  Sometimes I just have it on to listen to.  I find the show to be very uplifting.  It's a show about beautiful talented girls and I know when I watch it I won't have to hear about politics or news stories!

I bleach my hair/do a full facial/spray tan/pedi/mani every other week in my universally acclaimed DCC bathroom and this is my soundtrack. It's comforting candy.

Just now, Tootie said:

I'm sure she's not pissed!  Looks like they haven't done anything yet.  I know I don't smile the whole time I'm getting my hair cut....

Ha! Well I'm not!

• Love 3