Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Model Behavior

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Kyle's birthday surprise is marred by a blowout fight that leaves Lindsay and Everett on the brink of a breakup. Meanwhile, Cristina serves up some juicy gossip at Model Volleyball, and the Wirkus parents at last meet the infamous Carl.

Cristina needs to quit blabbing shit to everyone just to stir up trouble. And wow, married twin sure lost her mind unnecessarily in response to Lindsey saying "can I trust you." I thought Lindsey just wanted to confide to the twin about her fight with Everett and was making sure the twin would keep it to herself. No need for the twin to get all bent out of shape like that. I keep saying the twin because I don't remember the married one's name. Ashley?

• Love 2

Christina is a total shit stirrer. Twice in one episode. She does it under the guise of being "honest" and a "good friend", but yea, she's the #1 meddler. She comes across as bored. 

I really hope this is the end of Lindsey and Everett as a couple. They are the WORST. She is needy and he is an ass, and they both act like total brats when they drink. Maybe if they break up one will leave the show??? 

Sad Kyle cleaning up while everyone was passed out or fighting. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Michichick said:

Cristina needs to quit blabbing shit to everyone just to stir up trouble. And wow, married twin sure lost her mind unnecessarily in response to Lindsey saying "can I trust you." I thought Lindsey just wanted to confide to the twin about her fight with Everett and was making sure the twin would keep it to herself. No need for the twin to get all bent out of shape like that. I keep saying the twin because I don't remember the married one's name. Ashley?

Alcohol will do that to a person. I think married twin thought Lindsey said "I can't trust you". Because again, alcohol will do that to you. 

That date Steven was on was painful to watch. So glad I'm not single! But Steven, you don't go home with someone you just met in a bar. They could be a serial killer for all you know!

Sober Everett made so much sense when he was telling sober Lindsey how he was feeling about the relationship. She's suffocating him. He's seeing that she is an endless pit of need and wants out. Although, I agree with her about Everett not coming home all night. You don't pull that shit when you're in a committed relationship. That was childish. 

• Love 3

I've done a 180 on this, but now Kyle and only Kyle gets any love from me.  Ashley was a late holdout, but her raging out on this episode sent her packing.  The situation with the Wirki and Carl was gross, but the chat Lauren had with her Mom was sweet.  Stephen bores me and his affected manner of speaking makes his previously entertaining THs now annoying.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Adultosaurus said:

I've done a 180 on this, but now Kyle and only Kyle gets any love from me.  

Same here. I liked the little montage of his family. It's nice to know he's not a trust fund baby. He's just a harmless 34 year old manchild that can be a bit obnoxious when he drinks. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

I like Kyle, but my first thought with that montage of him cleaning up wasn't "oh poor thing" or "oh so sweet". It was, "oh he's still high". When my friends and I would have raucous parties, the coked out friend would be cleaning the place spotless while everyone else was going to sleep. Twice I woke up to find my kitchen completely clean and a spun friend grinning at me.  

Just me?  I will slink away.

Not just you!  HA!

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Alcohol will do that to a person. I think married twin thought Lindsey said "I can't trust you". Because again, alcohol will do that to you. 

That date Steven was on was painful to watch. So glad I'm not single! But Steven, you don't go home with someone you just met in a bar. They could be a serial killer for all you know!

Sober Everett made so much sense when he was telling sober Lindsey how he was feeling about the relationship. She's suffocating him. He's seeing that she is an endless pit of need and wants out. Although, I agree with her about Everett not coming home all night. You don't pull that shit when you're in a committed relationship. That was childish. 

How old is Lindsay?  She really seems like a 15 year-old not pushing 40 (which is how old she looks to me).

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

How old is Lindsay?  She really seems like a 15 year-old not pushing 40 (which is how old she looks to me).

Next ep is her 30th birthday party.  She looks rough for that age, but I think it's bad skin and bad makeup that provides that glaring delta between how she looks vs. how she acts :)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

ext ep is her 30th birthday party.  She looks rough for that age, but I think it's bad skin and bad makeup that provides that glaring delta between how she looks vs. how she acts :)

Don't forget the dried out, limp hair. 

• Love 2

Another reason I think SummerHouse is a one-and-done is because Lindsay and Christina are still going at it on Twitter, and Bravo usually controls that a bit better when their cast is involved.  Today Lindsay is showering Everett with love and red-penning Christina's dialogue.  Seriously, it's worth signing up for Twitter just to read their snark.

I still don't understand how Cristina thought she was helping by telling Amanda about Kyle kissing another girl, how was this supposed to make their relationship stronger? Especially because Kyle has constantly defended her to Everett and Lindsay.

Her telling Lauren was a little different in my mind because she is closer to the twins than the other two and everyone in the house witnessed the flirting and toe sucking so she probably assumed it would get back to Lauren anyway.

9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I still don't understand how Cristina thought she was helping by telling Amanda about Kyle kissing another girl, how was this supposed to make their relationship stronger? Especially because Kyle has constantly defended her to Everett and Lindsay.

I think in HER mind, she was saying that Amanda already knew about it and she was reassuring Amanda that she saw it, and it was no big deal. Like, "Girl, I know you're upset about Kyle kissing Katie, but it was really no big deal." "Kyle kissed Katie???"

I do not know if I believe that Christina is that stupid, though. I tend to think she is one of those people who is really insecure about her standing with people, and in groups, in particular. So she thinks if she offers up these nuggets of information, people will like her and think she's interesting and has their back. Or something like that? I'm not articulating it well, but I've known people like her. It's very frustrating. 

• Love 4

Bravo is a bit formulaic, and this episode kinda starts making obvious (instead of the suggested) references to their tropes - Stassi, Tom/Katie, Shaena, Jax = Lauren, Everett/Lindsay (though she's a bit Stassi), Cristina, Carl - just not in the extremes. Katie the roomie is waiting in the wings for a second season (doubt it) just like Arianna did.  Wonder if Stephen will get to be Crazy Kristen?

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think in HER mind, she was saying that Amanda already knew about it and she was reassuring Amanda that she saw it, and it was no big deal. Like, "Girl, I know you're upset about Kyle kissing Katie, but it was really no big deal." "Kyle kissed Katie???"

I do not know if I believe that Christina is that stupid, though. I tend to think she is one of those people who is really insecure about her standing with people, and in groups, in particular. So she thinks if she offers up these nuggets of information, people will like her and think she's interesting and has their back. Or something like that? I'm not articulating it well, but I've known people like her. It's very frustrating. 

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth but I get a similar vibe from Christina. I think she's the supporting character in these people's lives, not just on the show. As much as she wants to have her own storyline, her identity is wrapped up in who she surrounds herself with. Fighting with Lindsay is probably her way of staying relevant.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2017 at 7:46 PM, Adultosaurus said:

Bravo is a bit formulaic, and this episode kinda starts making obvious (instead of the suggested) references to their tropes - Stassi, Tom/Katie, Shaena, Jax = Lauren, Everett/Lindsay (though she's a bit Stassi), Cristina, Carl - just not in the extremes. Katie the roomie is waiting in the wings for a second season (doubt it) just like Arianna did.  Wonder if Stephen will get to be Crazy Kristen?

I bet Katie is watching at home, yelling at Schwartz why can't he "have her back" the way Everett does with Lindsey. That's the ONLY thing that breaks up E&L fighting--someone says anything to L or about their fighting, and E is all up in their grill, "defending his girlfriend." This has happened every single episode now! But this was the first time that the fight wasn't permanently diverted to a new target. And by "permanently," I mean until they start drinking the next day. But that's another similarity between these shows. If heavy drinking is causing problems in your relationship on a near daily basis, you just might have a drinking problem. Why not cut out the booze for a bit and take the time to figure out what your relationship like is when you're sober? Still crappy? Break up. Absolutely wonderful? Work on your relationship with alcohol.

How crazy that Lauren had the equivalent of three dates with Carl, and the whole family comes to "meet the boy" when they never had "the talk" about their relationship. But, I can see why Lauren feels led on because Carl did play the part of the new boyfriend to the parents. But the mom really gave her conflicting advice about "going all in" while at the same time "letting him chase you." I think that is Lauren's problem that she IS all in. He even complained in the voiceover at model volleyball (this is "a thing," apparently) that she wouldn't give him any breathing room. But, boy, Mama Wirkus and Lauren are really both in a tizzy that she's 28 and is a "failure" that she hasn't locked down a man yet!

Sad moment of the night: Carl's talk with his mom about his brother, dad, and uncle's disasterous life choices! You can tell that's why Carl tries so hard to be perfect. And maybe that's why he's always putting on the salesman charm depending whom he's around. When he's not with Lauren, he says to everyone else that he doesn't want to be with her. Yet in front of her, he acts like the perfect "boyfriend." I think he has a fear of disappointing anyone.

Poor Kyle. everyone got so drunk pre-gaming his birthday (and acting over-the-top paaaaaartaaaaaying) that they all ended up fighting/sleeping. And he was stuck Swiffering the kitchen floor in his mullet wig. But he was also spraying Windex!! Do you know how slippery that is?! I was waiting on pins and needles to see who was going to be the first one to slip and crack their head on the granite counter top. I couldn't decide whom to root for on that one--so many good choices!! 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

How crazy that Lauren had the equivalent of three dates with Carl, and the whole family comes to "meet the boy" when they never had "the talk" about their relationship.

Oh. God. That scene was so cringe-worthy I felt secondhand embarrassment for all of them. Then again, this is a Bravo show, so I imagine none of them are self-aware enough to let it actually bother them. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, acid burn said:

Oh. God. That scene was so cringe-worthy I felt secondhand embarrassment for all of them.

THIS, and Stephen splayed all over the kitchen island while he was messaging his "boyfriend" - more cringeworthy than E/L drunk fighting and Jaclyn in a clam bikini.

• Love 2

What the fuckity, fuck is Carl doing? If you don't want to date Twin 1, don't do it! He's so off-putting in the way he treats her. He acts like they are dating on some level, then acts like she's stupid to even think that, then bring a date as a guest in her summer rental, then sticks around to play boyfriend to her family. What. The. Hell. I don't even like the twins, but I'm starting to feel for Twin 1, because he is acting like a total psychopath, all while trying to imply that she's the one who is being crazy. 

And Christina is...tense. I mean Lindsey is the worst, but Christina does sort of strike me as the type that can't let shit go. I can see that Lindsey and Everett are horrible, but I can also see Christina as the type who just can not get over her friend dating someone she doesn't like. She does insert herself into fights she doesn't need to be in.

• Love 2

I don't believe Lindsay and Christina are that good at acting, so I think their forever feud is probably real - and E/L are cavorting on social media in coupled-up bliss, Ashley is peace-out to San Diego to open a resale franchise....so I can't see what Season 2 would look like other than Kyle "Single (but not really) for the Summer" continuing on with another group of cast "friends" and him becoming the House Dad.  Ugh, gross to even think about.

15 hours ago, Adultosaurus said:

I don't believe Lindsay and Christina are that good at acting, so I think their forever feud is probably real - and E/L are cavorting on social media in coupled-up bliss, Ashley is peace-out to San Diego to open a resale franchise....so I can't see what Season 2 would look like other than Kyle "Single (but not really) for the Summer" continuing on with another group of cast "friends" and him becoming the House Dad.  Ugh, gross to even think about.

Maybe they'll just change up the cast like Below Deck or RHOA.

Or maybe they'll only lose Christine. Let's be real; she's as crazy as the rest, but in a sort of low key, uptight, always looks constipated way that isn't great TV. Plus I think she doesn't really likes being on camera and is only doing this to launch her career. The rest willcome back if asked. I could even see married Twin coming back with her husband to vacation in the Hamptons. Kyle, Stephen, Everett, and Lindsey are thirsty as fuck and will do anything to be on TV. Carl probably needs the money. And I think the twins want to pull a Lauren Conrad and build some sort of lifestyle brand so they're probably still in. Just replace Christine with Jacqueline and you have your show.

Despite my initial hatred and negative flashbacks to some of the things and people I do not miss about New York, the show sucked me in and now I'm hooked and even like all the cast members in their own ways. 

But it drives me nuts to see them talk about having to drive in a few hours when they are shitfaced! And when I saw the twins take the train I wondered why they don't all do that anyway. That is one thing I never understood when I lived there, was anyone's desire to drive in NYC in the first place. But even for those who do, it seems like a train's still a better option if you're going to be drunk the entire time.

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 2
On 15/02/2017 at 0:30 AM, ghoulina said:

Christina is a total shit stirrer. Twice in one episode. She does it under the guise of being "honest" and a "good friend", but yea, she's the #1 meddler. She comes across as bored. 

My exact thought.  Every time she started to meddle, I wanted to scream "Christina, stfu ffs!!!"

• Love 1