Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Super Hot Store

The storewide heater malfunction magnifies angry tensions between Amy, Jonah and the back warehouse employees after both sides refuse to clean up a spill.  Meanwhile, Dina and Garrett find a way to pass the time and Cheyenne helps Glenn through an existential crisis as he tries to fix the heater himself.

Good episode all around.  We got a little time with just about everyone. I loved Sandra, trapped behind the boxes, trying to toss the scanner out. "...the scanner is broken".  Loved Glenn "swimming" through the yogurt puddle at the end.  I sure hope he gets to experience Chinese McDonald's spaghetti some day.

• Love 4

Glenn and Cheyenne bonding was great - I'm glad Glenn got a "win" out of it, even if he didn't really do anything. 

I'm glad they're not actually showing Dina and Garrett making out - just implying it is enough for me.

• Love 5

When Glenn was up on the roof with Cheyenne I wanted to reach into the TV and give him a man hug. He just tries SO hard to be competent. Glad that Dina covered for him and let him think he had fixed the heating system. She's not completely awful.

• Love 8

Poor Glenn. He tries so hard, but fails so often. Its a bad sign when Cheyenne is the smart one in your double act.

Another really good funny episode. Lots of good moments for everyone, and lots of funny lines and cut away scenes. "Apparently he promised them he was ushering in a new era, so..." and of course Sandra gets stuck behind the boxes. Oh Sandra.

• Love 4

My favorite part was Dina's impression of Glenn. It was pretty spot on. The visual of Glenn trying to swim his way out of the yogurt spill was gold too. But the whole bit with Amy fighting Marcus over the yogurt kind of fell flat for me. 

What really rang true was Glenn fighting with "corporate" over the temperature controls, because that's exactly what we have to go through in our building at work. We call them up and tell them it's either too hot or too cold and they tell us their computer says it's just fine. You just want to shoot them.

• Love 9

I started cheering when Amy lost it after Marcus told her to smile. I hate, hate, hate when men do that to women. Like they want to exert control over our bodies and tell us how to act. Or that we're supposed to look happy all of the time--for their benefit. 

I loved the cold opening when over-heated Dina told Jonah that if is face stayed where it was, it was going to get punched. Jonah started talking again, and Garrett repeated, "Punched." Hilarious. 

• Love 10

Poor Glenn. He was so proud that his ancestors built the ships that brought the first Black people to America until Cheyenne explained to him exactly what that meant. He's not stupid; he's just so innocent and never has bad intentions so he's shocked when he realizes other people do or that he's done something terrible himself without meaning to, like sexually harassing his wife until she married him.

"Did you have a lot of French Onion soup last night or is that your natural smell? It's not bad."

• Love 5
4 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Poor Glenn. He was so proud that his ancestors built the ships that brought the first Black people to America until Cheyenne explained to him exactly what that meant. He's not stupid; he's just so innocent and never has bad intentions so he's shocked when he realizes other people do or that he's done something terrible himself without meaning to, like sexually harassing his wife until she married him.

"Did you have a lot of French Onion soup last night or is that your natural smell? It's not bad."

See I think in season 1 and early season 2 Glenn was portrayed as "innocent", but lately he's been veering into Joey Tribianni levels of stupidity.  

Ahh…. corporate controlled temps, the most evil thing ever! Great, I'm glad it's a comfortable 70 there in your state, it's a freezing 30/sweltering 90 here in ours. Good times. Corporate controlled lights sucked too, but could at least be overridden easier than the temps. 

And while I never threatened to hurt someone, I was so very tempted when they would complain about the temps, just in case we weren't sweating or freezing too. Gee, thanks. We hadn't noticed. 

I love how this show mixes the pairings up. Glenn and Cheyenne was a good one. It was nice to see her not subtly mock him like the others sometimes do. She just accepted his lack of realization in regards to slave ships and completely inappropriate travel dream. I loved loved, loved, how she turned that around in the end and gave him a win. 

Guys who tell me to smile often find themselves being told to either bite me or kiss my ass. So condescending and sexist. I would have gone full on Amy with him too, even on a perfect temperature day. Fake promotions obviously went to Marcus's head. 

The truck unloading scene was awesome. The fist time I had to help unload a truck using those damn rollers was just baffling to me. It's quite the process and much the dance Mateo described. You have to balance who is working at which end, who can load the rollers and who can sort the stuff shooting down at them quickly and stack it nicely. Rolling down the rollers on purpose hurts, rolling down on accident would be major pain. 

• Love 4
On 18/02/2017 at 4:45 AM, topanga said:

I started cheering when Amy lost it after Marcus told her to smile. I hate, hate, hate when men do that to women. Like they want to exert control over our bodies and tell us how to act. Or that we're supposed to look happy all of the time--for their benefit. 

I loved the cold opening when over-heated Dina told Jonah that if is face stayed where it was, it was going to get punched. Jonah started talking again, and Garrett repeated, "Punched." Hilarious. 

Me too to all of this. My most recent response is to say, deadpan, "bullies first". I was yelling "punched" at Marcus.

• Love 1