Type keyword(s) to search

LIP products: lipsticks, lipkits, glosses, balms all that jazz

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I like matte and of those I'm enjoying Ofra and Stila 

I also like matte, and shockingly these from Burt's Bees are great! Long lasting and make my lips not feel dry. Julep's "It's Whipped" line is also really good. 

I'm all about tinted balms and gloss!  I love Baby Lips from Maybelline (I have too many!) and Clinique's Chubby Sticks too (I bought two of its recent collab with Crayola), not to mention Lancome's Juicy Shakers (speaking of Juicy Shakers, have you seen their new "weird" colours like this one?)! 

• Love 2

Lip products are my absolute fave beauty item! I love collecting them. For lipsticks I love Bite Beauty and MAC. I have a couple of the Stila Stay all Day liquid matte lippies but they're too drying for me so I don't use them very often. The Kat Von D and Smashbox liquid lipsticks are less drying (and Kat Von D's liquid lipstick line has incredible colors). 

I also love Clinique's Chubby Sticks. I've been wanting to try Bite's new Agave products (the balm, the scrub and the lip mask) but haven't had the chance. Has anyone bought or tried them yet?

21 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Lancome's Juicy Shakers (speaking of Juicy Shakers, have you seen their new "weird" colours like this one?)! 

I have one of the Juicy Shakers but...a gray lipcolor? That's a little too weird for me.

1 hour ago, Minneapple said:

Lip products are my absolute fave beauty item! I love collecting them. For lipsticks I love Bite Beauty and MAC. I have a couple of the Stila Stay all Day liquid matte lippies but they're too drying for me so I don't use them very often. The Kat Von D and Smashbox liquid lipsticks are less drying (and Kat Von D's liquid lipstick line has incredible colors). 

I also love Clinique's Chubby Sticks. I've been wanting to try Bite's new Agave products (the balm, the scrub and the lip mask) but haven't had the chance. Has anyone bought or tried them yet?

I have one of the Juicy Shakers but...a gray lipcolor? That's a little too weird for me.

It looks fairly clear on!

I don't know what I avoid glosses and shiny lip products. I have really big lips and it can kinda look weird also I like having the color not budge. I used to do glossy like lip glass by mac and glossimers or NARS but that can be a bit much if you also have a shimmer or glitter shadow and highlight on your face. 

I have the bite beauty agave lip mask but haven't tried it because I also got Tokyo Milk coco noir and fab. 

I love matte too. I wear lipsticks less nowadays, but my standard matte ones were NARS, Revlon, and Rimmel Kate Moss. The latter are great value. I'm always on the lookout for great matte formulas and very willing to buy higher value for it. I do love my drugstore mattes, but I do feel that NARS one is better.

I'd like to try the Bite beauty lipsticks, but I'm not sure I need another creamy lipstick. I am also looking into getting more lip tints and liquid lipsticks (which dry matte)? I tried one of the NARS ones last week and it was meh. 

Over the years, I have tried many lip blams. At night, I use the Laninsoh Lanolin, but during the day I switch between various lip balms. I loved the RoC lip balm, but it's now been reformulated. I bought Nivea for Men lip balm since it has no fragrance and I think I'll buy the Jack Black lip therapies as well since they have SPF.

• Love 2

I use Body Shop lip butters and balms, along with Jack Black, and the old Blistex standby. Very dry here and with the cold and the wind, it's brutal on the lips. I got an Estee Lauder balm along with the holiday skincare set, but I haven't used it yet.

Am a bit of a lipgloss addict. Estee Lauder (I really liked the limited edition sequins one a few years ago), Lancôme, YSL. Got the Bite gold gloss during the Sephora Black Friday sale.

Also really like the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and the Dior Addict  Shine glosses.

I vary with lipsticks. I receive some as GWPs, and try to use shades that are flattering. Don't buy too many drugstore ones as I still have a few months' worth of GWP lippies. Do buy an occasional Chanel or Dior or Armani one, along with Bite Beauty ones.  Some Mac. Occasional one from a mid-end brand. Also treat myself to a Tom Ford Lips and Boys lippie once a year.

• Love 1
On 1/29/2017 at 7:04 PM, Minneapple said:

I've been wanting to try Bite's new Agave products (the balm, the scrub and the lip mask) but haven't had the chance. Has anyone bought or tried them yet?

I wore the agave lip mask today. It's pretty nice long lasting balm which isn't sticky, and had the very lightest of scents and a super subtle taste. I did one application at 3:30am and it lasted until 1 or 2 pm. I was drinking a few cups of coffee and tea and had walked my dog in a windy park too.  It doesn't make your lips glossy or slick and it was protecting. I wore the champagne one and it has no shine just a very light natural shimmer. It was a no makeup day so it complemented my glam glow moisterizer I wore that has highlight mixed in. 

Would recommend. 

• Love 1

Yesterday I bought several of the new NXY Lip Lingerie Shades, a couple of the new Sephora Matte lip cream shades (this was also the first liquid matte lipstick I tried 3 or 4 years ago and started my matte lipstick obsession!), and a Too Faced Matted Matte.  I also have a lipstick shipment coming from ColourPop.....I may have a problem!  Lol!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, PRgal said:

Does anyone else find that Sephora's Cream Lip Stains bleed?  I usually end up looking like a clown after applying!

I haven't, but I usually use a liner because I tend towards the really dark colors.

I got some of the new Sephora lip stains as well as gifts from @SariReanna  but haven't tried them. 

An update to the agave lip balm. I tried dabbing a bit on top of a dried Stila  liquid lipstick I was wearing. My lip had a chapped  flake obvious on the pale nude matte finish and I wanted to hide/treat it. The balm gave a really beautiful effect of moisture and fullness with no shine or stickiness, and hid the flakes on my lips without causing the color to transfer or bleed. Also by morning all dryness or lines were gone and my lips were extra soft. I'm pretty happy with the wear and effect and fact they're good grade ingredients I'm def buying some as gifts. 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I got some of the new Sephora lip stains as well as gifts from @SariReanna  but haven't tried them. 

An update to the agave lip balm. I tried dabbing a bit on top of a dried Stila  liquid lipstick I was wearing. My lip had a chapped  flake obvious on the pale nude matte finish and I wanted to hide/treat it. The balm gave a really beautiful effect of moisture and fullness with no shine or stickiness, and hid the flakes on my lips without causing the color to transfer or bleed. Also by morning all dryness or lines were gone and my lips were extra soft. I'm pretty happy with the wear and effect and fact they're good grade ingredients I'm def buying some as gifts. 

Good to know! I tend towards dry lips and am always looking for something new to try on them! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I love the agave lip mask too! It really works wonders overnight. I do find it too thick/sticky to wear on its own, but that's definitely just a personal preference. 

I picked up one of Sephora's new lip balms, the coconut one. It's just okay, I didn't find it very moisturizing.

• Love 1

Has anyone tried the skinfix lip balm? I'd never heard of it but saw it today at CVS. I am a bit obsessed with lip balm so I'll likely get it even if it's bad lol. I just can't seem to find a lip balm that really works for me so I've been on the hunt for one that is reasonably priced and will actually keep my lips moisturized for more than 5 minutes.

On 2/6/2017 at 7:14 PM, MargeGunderson said:

I love the agave lip mask too! It really works wonders overnight. I do find it too thick/sticky to wear on its own, but that's definitely just a personal preference. 

Do you have the clear or red one? I think they're stickier than the champagne one. I wore the red one yest and today and it was thicker and more noticeable than the champagne balm. 

I have some eos balms I haven't tried and have never tried believe it or not lol. Are they any good? 

4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Do you have the clear or red one? I think they're stickier than the champagne one. I wore the red one yest and today and it was thicker and more noticeable than the champagne balm. 

I have some eos balms I haven't tried and have never tried believe it or not lol. Are they any good? 

Oh, that's interesting because I have the champagne one! I think I put on too much - I hate the squeeze tube. I only ever wear it overnight. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

They are OK. I got one a couple years ago, finished it easily enough, but didn't rush to get more. It does the job, but for cheap drugstore lip balms, I tend to buy Nivea now.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:47 PM, MargeGunderson said:

Oh, that's interesting because I have the champagne one! I think I put on too much - I hate the squeeze tube. I only ever wear it overnight. 

It probably would be better in a tub or pot. More totable and sturdy. 

My mom loves the FAB balms. 

I liked the honeysuckle eos, but the next one I bought which was pink and I forget the "flavor" caused me more dryness not less. I may be allergic to something in that one? The honeysuckle one was great though. 

Currently I'm using a softlips cube and I like it fine. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, callie lee 29 said:

Are they matte? I looked and couldn't tell. I really, really can't stand matte.

No, quite the contrary, they are satin and creamy. I myself love matte. But am very drawn to them suddenly. Kale, Thistle, Beetroot especially. 

• Love 1

Ooooo I lurve the Bite Amuse Bouche lipsticks. I have them in sour cherry, eggplant (@Petunia13 I had a fight with myself between beetroot and eggplant lol), and cayenne.  I also have a couple of the duos which are cute and great for throwing in a purse. They don't dry matte, they don't have the staying power of the liquid matte lipsticks or even the MAC matte shades, but they feel really good and the pigments are amazing. I find a little setting powder or setting spray helps the staying power.

• Love 2

I have the Bite Amuse Bouche in Whiskey and the special edition Sephora VIB Rouge.  I also have 2 of the Matte Creme Lipsticks that I absolutely love (in black cherry and elderberry), and several of the multisticks, which I'm still figuring out how to use (in cocoa, praline, and honeywheat).  I also have a bunch of the Matte Creme lip crayons....I really love those as well.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I have a few of the new Sephora Collection cream lip stains and today finally broke they out. I swatched 4 and am wearing red one now. It's a nice formula and goes on consistently. 

I bought a couple new ones 2 weeks ago #26 (Pretty Auburn) and #43 (Crimson Crush).  They looked so great on.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I also have a bunch of the Matte Creme lip crayons....I really love those as well.

The Bite matte creme lip crayons? How do you compare them to other matte lipsticks you have tried? Thanks!

I really only wear matte lipsticks or try to. I find creamy fades too easily for me. I am really interested in getting one of the Bite matte lip crayons.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Athena said:

The Bite matte creme lip crayons? How do you compare them to other matte lipsticks you have tried? Thanks!

I really only wear matte lipsticks or try to. I find creamy fades too easily for me. I am really interested in getting one of the Bite matte lip crayons.

They aren't true mattes.  Kinda like a matte-cream hybrid.  But the color pay-off is pretty great.  And while they don't last as long as the liquid mattes, they do have good staying power.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I bought a couple new ones 2 weeks ago #26 (Pretty Auburn) and #43 (Crimson Crush).  They looked so great on.

Yeah, they don't settle in lip lines or look too "flat" if that makes sense. They have a somewhat velvet finish and rich pigment payoff. I didn't have any patchiness. At $14 that's a good price too. I wore Always Red today and also have a dark berry shade, a nude, and a daring pink. 

Y'all are making me want to run to Sephora, lol!

Anyone tried Lipsense? My cousin recently became a seller (I guess it's like Rodan & Fields or Mary Kay?), so I'm trying to be supportive and bought 2 colors and a gloss. I should get them next week.

Lipstick is a must for me. I've also discovered that if my lips aren't covered, I tend to lick them until they chap and sometimes bleed. And I have really full lips so it's super noticeable. The only thing that helps with chapping, and I've been using since little, is the Blistex medicated ointment. I always apply it every night before bed and it leaves my lips super soft. I can't live without it and have been using it for the past 30 years.

• Love 1

I tried the BITE Agave Lip Mask and did not like it.  It didn't improve the condition of my dry, chapped lips, was too sticky on, and IIRC tasted weird to me (or maybe I didn't like the smell).  Just wanted to offer an additional opinion.  I am really, really sensitive to tastes, smells, and textures of products; probably more so than the average person.

What has worked for me: 

glo therapeutics lip revival - I think of it as a "lip lotion", or moisturizer.  I apply it after I shower.  A little bit goes a long way.

Malin + Goetz lip balm - I use this for going out in cold, windy days; or, when I need a little extra moisture on my lips, I'll apply it on top of the lip revival, after it has had a chance to sink in.  It is tasteless, odorless, and has a really nice silky feel.    

21 hours ago, PRgal said:

People:  What are your thoughts on BITE's Multistick? 

I have several.  I love the colors but don't like how they apply, particularly on the lips.  It's like they go on too thickly, which makes sense because the formula would have to be thicker to be used for cheeks and eyes.  I know I probably need to use a lip brush, but I was too lazy for that when I first got them.  I plan to retry them with the lip brush, though.  I haven't used them as eye shadow, but the ones I have tried as blush looked great.

• Love 1

I bought one of the new Bite Beauty Prismatic Pearl lip glosses during the VIB sale. I got the Rose Pearl color and it's sooooo pretty. Sparkly, creamy, moisturizing. The pigment is great and it's not sticky at all. The staying power is ok, pretty much what I'd expect with a gloss. 

I also picked up one of the new Smashbox Be Legendary liquid lipcolors (in Crimson Chrome) because I am weak. It was shiny and red, okay? I totally did not need a new red lipcolor but I couldn't resist I TOTALLY NEEDED A NEW RED LIPCOLOR.

• Love 2