Type keyword(s) to search

LIP products: lipsticks, lipkits, glosses, balms all that jazz

• Start Topic

Burts Bees is no joke and so affordable and easy to find in a pinch. I like that it's not too sticky or waxy. (It's not lips related but their cuticle cream is highly effective too!). 

• Love 2
On 2/28/2018 at 8:50 PM, Petunia13 said:

Burts Bees is no joke and so affordable and easy to find in a pinch. I like that it's not too sticky or waxy. (It's not lips related but their cuticle cream is highly effective too!). 

Their lip crayons are also legit good! Long lasting too, and matte. I always get compliments when I wear mine and it's the cheapest lip product I own. 

(edited)
On 3/5/2018 at 11:52 AM, Lisin said:

Their lip crayons are also legit good! Long lasting too, and matte. I always get compliments when I wear mine and it's the cheapest lip product I own. 

Which color(s) do you use? I was looking at Napa Vineyard -- a deep red-wine-- the last time I was in ULTA but no testers (why, ULTA, why?) and I was concerned it might be too intense as I'm quite pale.

Edited by SCS
From Valley to Vineyard in a few clicks
13 hours ago, SCS said:

Which color(s) do you use? I was looking at Napa Vineyard -- a deep red-wine-- the last time I was in ULTA but no testers (why, ULTA, why?) and I was concerned it might be too intense as I'm quite pale.

Ha! Too funny! I just pulled mine out to check and it is in fact Napa Vineyard! It is pretty intense... here’s me wearing it (please excuse the fact that there’s nothing else on my face!)

image.thumb.jpg.8ad6d6554657cbf205a5c268e2dc59b1.jpg

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lisin said:

Ha! Too funny! I just pulled mine out to check and it is in fact Napa Vineyard! It is pretty intense... here’s me wearing it (please excuse the fact that there’s nothing else on my face!)

image.thumb.jpg.8ad6d6554657cbf205a5c268e2dc59b1.jpg

Gorgeous deep red! I'd probably have to blot it down to a stain. Thanks for the image.

• Love 1

I really do like it. It's got some major staying power too. It does rub off on cups and stuff though, it's not a true matte that doesn't kiss off. But still. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It really is, even better than the Bite Agave Mask. The Laneige is amazing!

Right?! I got it for myself ~Cmas & then bought it for a friend undergoing some horrible radiation around her head & throat & she can't thank me enough!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DeLurker said:

Well I held off going to purchase it for two weeks, but I caved today.  And I can't wait for tonight to try it.  I'd do it during the day but right now I am giving a lip stain a trial run for my daughter to see how many hours it holds up.

Thanks to this thread, I also tried the Laneige lip mask. Absolutely love it! I see there are actually four scents/flavors. I may try the vanilla, too. (Have the berry version.)

• Love 2

Random question... I find these videos oddly compelling.

I was also watching some of the makeup destruction videos on Instagram a while back. I was thinking I'd do that with my expired lipsticks to see if it could produce some interesting colors. But after watching this video I started thinking... if you melt down a lipstick, does that disinfect it/kill the bacteria and therefore make it usable again?

Edited by aradia22
  • Love 1

It does but Safiya and Tyler touched the lippies with bare hands after removing them from molds in their kitchen. Not only that, but the unique and expensive qualities of one style or brand were negated by the contrary properties of a clashing one when mixed. 

This is like the 10th video of this kind by her and the channel "beauty  news" also has that and series the makeup break down where they depot things or show exactly how many swipes of a liquid lipstick you really get ect. And rich lux also destroys the makeup he reviews often on camera usually Jeffree Star products. 

(I know a LOT about YouTube a professional amount lol) 

i find destroying makeup a bit wasteful. It wasn't long ago I had NO makeup. At least with beauty news it's to remove it and see if the product amount/weight is as promised or how may squirts of a luxury foundation you really get plus they put it back together and then see if it wears the same after being re-pressed and squirted with alcohol to meld together again. 

• Love 2

Oh, I don't want to just break my good makeup. But for my old makeup, it would be cool to find a way to use it or maybe even keep using it. I don't imagine it'll be exactly the same because the heating process might break down some of the ingredients but I have SO many lipsticks and I don't wear them enough to be able to use them all before they expire. I might try heating them up and depotting them into an old lip balm container. 

• Love 2

I got the Laneige lip mask at Sephora during the VIB sale! It's REALLY GOOD and I love it! I also picked up one of the Too Faced lipcolors from their new Festival collection (because I am a magpie and I love a good sparkle). 

• Love 3
On 2/28/2018 at 8:50 PM, Petunia13 said:

Burts' Bees is great. I have the tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia and it's my favorite lip product of all time. I just repurchased it today because I accidentally broke my old one. Even though it's a tinted lip balm, it's the darkest lip balm color they have, so it's kind of like a more muted version of a lipstick and good for day or night. I also used to have the lip crayons, and my favorites were the Napa Vineyard mentioned above and Redwood Forest which is sort of a brick red. I'm not into wearing those bold lipstick colors anymore because I like a more muted look now, but for people who are into it, it's a really great option. I also like that they have a free recycling program for the packaging: https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades/burt-s-bees-recycle-on-us

Not lipstick related but I wish I could find their mascara in stores because it's the only somewhat affordable mascara I can find without microplastics in it. But I hate having to order consumables online, especially if it's something I have to replace every few months.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
On 12/8/2018 at 12:15 PM, BuyMoreAndSave said:

also like that they have a free recycling program for the packaging: https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades/burt-s-bees-recycle-on-us

Thanks for highlighting this, as I am a longtime user of Burt's Bees lip balm (for regular lip balm, I prefer the pomegranate), and I also have some colored lip products and am currently using a BB facial cleanser. Wish I'd known about it before!

• Love 2

Burt's Bees update: even though I like the formula and color range of their tinted lip balms, I won't be repurchasing them anymore. The reason is that their packaging sucks. Two of them that I've had broke (one of which had hardly even been used) so that they could not be rolled up or down which caused product to be wasted. It's kind of surprising for such a large company. I will use the ones I have and then get something else.

I also repurchased the Pacifica tinted lip balm in Coconut Nectar, which I had a few years ago, and I really like it and have been wearing it very frequently this week. It's kind of a frosty/metallic 90s pinkish-brown which doesn't sound like it would work but it actually does. The packaging also seems to be a lot better than the Burt's Bees. Plus it has a nice coconut scent.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hi RealHousewife. I use NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl for some time now and I'm very happy with it. This is also Taylor Swift's favourite lipstick and she is my gavourite singer :) If you are interested there is an interesting article at this website.

Edited by JennyR
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JennyR said:

Hi RealHousewife. I use NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl for some time now and I'm very happy with it. This is also Taylor Swift's favourite lipstick and she is my gavourite singer 🙂 If you are interested there is an interesting article at this website.

Thank you! I will look for this when I’m out shopping. 🙂

My go to products of the moment are Laneige's lip sleeping mask if I need some TLC and Urban Decay's lipsticks since they're the only ones that reliably never provoke an allergic reaction. But I've also realized that I'm a gloss person. It's not as good as the UD one that got discontinued by I'm liking Colourpop. Cheap and used sparingly, it's not too sticky. 

On 3/26/2017 at 9:37 AM, jewel21 said:

Lipstick is a must for me. I've also discovered that if my lips aren't covered, I tend to lick them until they chap and sometimes bleed. And I have really full lips so it's super noticeable. The only thing that helps with chapping, and I've been using since little, is the Blistex medicated ointment. I always apply it every night before bed and it leaves my lips super soft. I can't live without it and have been using it for the past 30 years.

Hi,
Is this lip_cosmetics not affected your lips? Will you please refer one good lip-balm to me.

Starting this up again with loud praise for the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask.  I'm currently using Apple/Lime, which was instantly a favorite.  It's on my nightstand, so I swipe some on when I get into bed, and it's proven to be just the right amount.  I'm a liplicker (terrible habit), so my lips would always dry out and I'd never found anything that was consistently successful.  Also: this is a great gift.

My current lip crayon is from Bite. I'd used Nars for a few years but found it to be drying.  The Bite crayons go on like lipstick & last longer.

22 hours ago, voiceover said:

Starting this up again with loud praise for the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask.  I'm currently using Apple/Lime, which was instantly a favorite

Ditto. I have both the Berry and Mint Chocolate Chip varieties. (Switching up now and then - never gets boring!) Both are great, especially with the dry air that tends to happen in the winter.

I’ve been using the berry for the past year. I have the large size and the pot is still a bit more than half full. To be honest, I’d prefer an unflavored version, but at least it doesn’t really have any taste. I did give the vanilla to someone as a gift, and she really likes it. 

• Love 1

The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask continues to be a favorite. I still love lipstick but with my dry lips, I've realized I'm happier wearing gloss. If it's a boring lip day (MLBB pink) I will dab on a bit of lipstick for color and swipe on a gloss. I still wish Urban Decay hadn't discontinued their gloss but I've been enjoying Colourpop. 

• Love 1

So I got the Target beauty box in February with all the lip products, and one of them was a Milani Cosmetics matte lipstick. Goes on smooth and has pretty good staying power. It's surprisingly good for a drugstore brand!