Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: The Devil's Workshop

Oh hey Malaya! Welcome back.

I've always been indifferent to Pinkney but that was a rough way to go. I hope Sugar Bear survives.

The father-daughter dance was nice, but I hope that someone eventually told them that her fiancee was back in the waiting room having a seizure on the floor.

• Love 4

So what?  This is two First Years gone already?  I wonder how they stack up against other TV ERs on the first year mortality rate chart?  Still, not as bad as when all of those doctors suddenly disappeared during the summer.  (Yes, I'm still mourning the lose of Dr. Hudson.)

Well, there are lots of pretty young actors in LA, so you can say it's a pool that's easy to replenish. (I also resent that they've killed two women docs, after getting rid of another one from last season without a word.)

That said, I can't remember a medical show that's killed off its featured characters so regularly...and "bob"ing them...look up the term from ER ;-)

Hey, remember that ER arc where someone came in with a mysterious disease and the whole hospital had to be quarantined? The writers of Code Black do! (Turned out to be monkey pox or something, right?)

I've grown fond of Sugarbear/Carter. I hope he survives. I was kind of expecting Angus's date to offer to stay and help, but theoretically, I guess she can't practice at Angels. Or she wants to LIVE. 

Also: Guthrie practicing again? Would that actually happen? (Though they let Greene practice again after HIS brain surgery on ER.)

Oh look! It's another female character being unceremoniously disposed of. This one spent her entire time getting crapped on and shoved around by an arrogant asshole surgeon. Oh well. Kind of hard to care when this show pulls the same trick so often.

I ask again: are we supposed to believe that a public hospital (which nonetheless somehow ends up treating celebrities and rich people) would be allowed to operate with so little funding that it gets overwhelmed so easily all the time? It's no wonder they have a military doctor on staff now. The place is a frigging war zone.

• Love 6

Random Thoughts

The writers seem trigger happy; this is what the third female character they’ve killed off.  

Heather while I wasn’t a hug fan it’s a bit sad that the writers had to resort to killing her off.  I would think they could have thought of a different way to write the character out.

Dr. Guthrie is a walking lawsuit waiting to happen. Seriously it’s ridiculous that he’s practicing medicine.

Malaya is finally back yeah; only to get infected with a virus boo.

Angus needs a better password on his phone.

Sugar Bear needs to stop “helping” Angus with his love life or at least give him a heads up that “hey I set up a coffee date for you!”

Noa is in love with Mario…. I do not care….does that make me a bad person?

Mario being a dick about the basketball player was odd. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to view the scene as 1) Mario is jealous of the basketball player flirting with Noa or 2) Mario is jealous that he didn’t get the basketball team Dr. gig.  

Ariel is there for money and Leanne feels responsible for her? Random & Weird. I predict

Spoiler

that Ariel survives being infected and Leanne becomes her foster mother.

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 2

Look, I get that we're in an ER, but do we always have to have one emotionally manipulative death an episode?

That said, you know I'll watch next week.  I'm a sucker for a good hemorrhagic plague outbreak.  (Seriously, I could watch Contagion on repeat.)

• Love 5

I predict that Ariel survives being infected and Leanne becomes her foster mother.

So do I.  So do my house plants. Hoping they will do something more imaginative, though.

• Love 5

Along with the other tropes that are constantly being dragged out, I would add the old standby of heavily armed troops guarding the hospital.  What are you going to do with that M-16, soldier?  Shoot someone at close range, only to have the high velocity bullet go through the body, maybe another body nearby, and cause instant pandemonium in the area?

4 hours ago, Fireball said:

Mario being a dick about the basketball player was odd.

Mario would find himself on the wrong end of a review committee if the bball player reported his conduct to the hospital.  That was so unprofessional.

I wonder how patient zero contracted the virus.  Travel overseas?  They left a big hint there that LA is going to be on lockdown soon.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lemur said:

I'm a sucker for a good hemorrhagic plague outbreak.  (Seriously, I could watch Contagion on repeat.)

Same here.  I don't know why, but I am always there for outbreaks and quarantine stories. 

6 hours ago, Fireball said:

Mario being a dick about the basketball player was odd. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to view the scene as 1) Mario is jealous of the basketball player flirting with Noa or 2) Mario is jealous that he didn’t get the basketball team Dr. gig.  

I wasn't sure, but I thought it was one of those, "We just inject injured athletes with pain meds and steroids instead of truly treating their medical ailments so they can get back on the court/field/gridiron and win games for us!" thing.  It was confusing, though, so I'm not sure what we were supposed to take away from it.

• Love 1

I have to say, after watching Sivetti all season, the actor's not really able to flesh out a not-very-well written character. They gave him the "father dying" arc, but mostly he plays variations on an angry, competitive guy, without a whole lot of depth. I wish they'd kept "fell on his head" guy (Angus's brother.)

• Love 2

(Kind of) embarrassed to say I didn't even remember who Heather was.  They are changing too many cast members too fast, and I've reached saturation on trying to care about people they're just going to eliminate anyway.  I will keep assuming that the core characters will remain, and the heck with everyone else.  Why would I bother anymore?  Every time I think this show is finding itself, it lurches off in another, usually overly dramatic direction.  I love MGH and Guzman and Lowe, but it's hard to get invested in anyone else now.  

• Love 5

Does LA have such a lack of paramedics and emts, that physicians have to work on ambulances?  Is it ok for someone to hug a person in hazmat suits?  I mean they were working on infected patients.  Couldn't they spread the infections by toughing a person not in hazmat gear.  Example, when Leanne hugged the teen age girl.  I know they were both on lock on, but the point is to not spread the disease by putting it on another person.  Also, those with those heavy gloves on, I would think it would be hard to check a victim's pulse.  

I wonder with this plague, they are going to kill off the whole cast and start over fresh?

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Does LA have such a lack of paramedics and emts, that physicians have to work on ambulances?

It's a little uncommon for attendings to do it, but emergency medicine residents regularly ride along with EMTs.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Netfoot said:

I'm bleeding from the ears already, but I don't think it's hemorrhagic fever.  I think it's that horrible rendition of Stand By Be.

You leave Florence + The Machine alone.  ;)

I was so surprised to see yet another character killed off. 

After the episode ended I was just wondering if this is the series finale and if it ends would the entire cast dying? That would be an interesting ending. 

Edited by Spicymustard
  • Love 2

Elliot Dixon must live. He's too young to die. Plus, he wanted to call his Mom! 

I hope Ariel dies so that we don't get a Leanne as foster parent angle. I would like to see Leanne's reaction to her death, though, 'cause she seems overdue for at least a small at-work breakdown at last (only in Mama or Willis' presence), which would give us a little more insight into her. 

• Love 3
On 2/3/2017 at 9:49 PM, Spicymustard said:

I was so surprised to see yet another character killed off. 

After the episode ended I was just wondering if this is the series finale and if it ends would the entire cast dying? That would be an interesting ending. 

It feels like going into the last episode of Angel with Patient Zero walking around. I am half expecting all of Los Angeles to die with the show.