Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: High End Italian Fashion

12 hours ago, Knuckles said:

I loved Chris' look, and I am not fond of him. And yes, Molly's was a perfect wedding outfit for the right woman. I thought it was elegant and fresh. 

That said, Haawaa is not a favorite, and her designs leave me cold. Her jacket was unfinished, but not in a good way, the suspenders were badly done, and hiked up the shorts...and by not tacking down the fabric on the shorts, it looked less intentional, and again, unfinished.  The clashing colors, and the sad air fresheners on the sleeves...I'm not a fan. 

Tieler had a great design, and a model with gorgeous breasts...but more bosom than he had planned on...I echo the thought that some lace from Molly could have bridged the gap and let the tailoring show...and he did a beautiful job on that. 

He and Molly remain to me the most talented. 

Izzy's win was a mystery to me...beyond the crafty mess on shoulders and back, the the red and white of the dress just looked cheap.

Yes.  Molly's reminded me of the last look of the wedding piece in a collection.  I guess my age is showing, but I really thought hers to be in the top 3.  I'm looking for a Molly ,Tieler and Chris final 3, which means I'll probably get Hawaa (I can't stand her stuff, it looks chaotic and amateurish), Izzy and Chelsea.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I have seen Chris's fabric on this show before but I cannot remember which season and which designer. 

I recognized the fabric right away, too. It was Viktor Luna, Project Runway All Stars.

I didn't like Chris's design -- I thought the way he used the print made his model's bottom half look oversized and choppy. And since I'm commenting... I didn't get the love for Izzy's design and would have switched her placement with Haawaa.

ViktorLunaPRAllStars.jpg

• Love 2

Thank you for that. I was wracking my brain to remember where I'd seen that fabric. While both made interesting designs, I don't think anyone has used that fabric to it's full striking potential. It was just so beautiful on the bolt.

• Love 1

I too wondered why Tieler didn't tack on a quick 'dickey', make a quick cami, or even send her down the runway with her bra showing (assuming she wore one or they have some as accessories).  Wouldn't be the first time we've seen a bra be part of the look.  Though I guess each of those is an entirely different look than what he originally conceived and then the outfit might have too little edge.  

On 2/3/2017 at 9:08 PM, Lamb18 said:

Precious Moments guy I think was the twee guy who really liked unicorns, but I can't remember his name. Something like Chris or Timothy, brown hair and dark horn-rimmed glasses.

Anyhow, Cartier can sew but she can't paint.  She used horizontal brush strokes and stacked the colors on top of each other. It would have been more interesting if she had used vertical strokes and tried to create texture so you could actually see the brush strokes, like you can on an oil painting. Plus she could have blended colors and also used a few lighter highlights in the dark sections and dark highlights in the light sections. Then used draping to create the dress, like Rami. Oh well.

I have seen Chris's fabric on this show before but I cannot remember which season and which designer. 

I've also realized that Hannah is being big sister for these designers. I wonder if she has younger siblings. I like her. I also like Kelly, she is very kind-hearted. I noticed she has a pretty profile (if you ignore her hair or lack of it).

Not sure, but it looked similar to something that Uli may have used.

ETA:  Upthread, Minicatfall gave the correct answer....it still looks like something Uli may have used, imo.  ;-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 1

Cartier is a lovely young woman but that dress was so boring.  When she told Tim that she liked what she made for the last challenge but that she'd never do anything like that again, and then absolutely refused to take his advice to push herself, I knew she was a goner. 

While Hawwaa has made some looks that are a bit messy and out there, she has ideas and isn't afraid to try something new.  I don't think she will or should make the finale, but do think she deserved to stay over Cartier in this challenge.  I also disagree that she looked angry during the critique - my take was that she was trying very hard not to break down in full-on, ugly-cry tears right there on the runway.

As an aside, I've really enjoyed this season of PR Junior.  The kids have been impressive in terms of talent, how they've taken criticism and, for those who have been cut from the competition, how they've handled being auffed.  They've put some past adult contestants to shame in all these areas!

On 2/3/2017 at 0:05 AM, VagueDisclaimer said:

I'm not sure where to put this, but those little "React to the Runway" segments between episodes with PR alums, Kelly, Lawrence, and Alex, are painful. It's so stilted and awkward and they all seem so uncomfortable with each other. All I can guess is they all drew the short straw, somehow, and are now just trying to get through it. 

Awww, I like their critiques!  I love Kelly from the Deli, Laurence and Alex, though, and will take them however I can get them.  Hopefully all three will be in the next season of All Stars.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, Minicatfall said:

I recognized the fabric right away, too. It was Viktor Luna, Project Runway All Stars.

I didn't like Chris's design -- I thought the way he used the print made his model's bottom half look oversized and choppy. And since I'm commenting... I didn't get the love for Izzy's design and would have switched her placement with Haawaa.

ViktorLunaPRAllStars.jpg

It looks like the model's breasts are wearing sunglasses.

• Love 3

Hawhaw is here to stay.  Seems the judges always latch onto a quirky, unskilled and strange designer despite their bad designs and flaws.  (Patricia from PR comes to mind).  I guess I am old, because I have a hard time looking at all her piercings.  It looks like it hurts!  Also it feels like she is very insincere.  But that's just me.

I also liked Molly's, and disliked the winning dress.  I am sad to see Cartier go, but her dress was off the rack.  

I enjoy PR Junior so much more than the regular ones.  The kids aren't snarky, backstabbing manipulators and the show is about fashion instead of personalities and fights.  It's just so nice to see them get along.  And I have less issues with the judging on this show.  Except when they latch onto someone like Haha.  I too like Kelly O., but the hair needs an overhaul.  Okay, Kelly, we get it.  You are avant-garde, hip  and unique.  

Overall, watching PRJ is a pleasant hour spent.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:52 AM, Kitty Redstone said:

Cartier is a lovely young woman but that dress was so boring.  When she told Tim that she liked what she made for the last challenge but that she'd never do anything like that again, and then absolutely refused to take his advice to push herself, I knew she was a goner. 

While Hawwaa has made some looks that are a bit messy and out there, she has ideas and isn't afraid to try something new.  I don't think she will or should make the finale, but do think she deserved to stay over Cartier in this challenge.  I also disagree that she looked angry during the critique - my take was that she was trying very hard not to break down in full-on, ugly-cry tears right there on the runway.

As an aside, I've really enjoyed this season of PR Junior.  The kids have been impressive in terms of talent, how they've taken criticism and, for those who have been cut from the competition, how they've handled being auffed.  They've put some past adult contestants to shame in all these areas!

Awww, I like their critiques!  I love Kelly from the Deli, Laurence and Alex, though, and will take them however I can get them.  Hopefully all three will be in the next season of All Stars.

It took me awhile, but I'm seeing the skill in Season 2 more than I did early on.  Or maybe they are growing more as the season goes on.  Likely a little of both :)

I know it sounds weird, but I often read non-fiction books backwards.   It helps me stay focused for some stupid reason.  I like the odd pairings of fabric that Hawwaa and Chris do.  I think the two are somehow related!

All those who remain would put together an outstanding finale so I'm kinda fine with whoever advances. 

• Love 2

As much product placement as they do on this show and they didn't seem to mention who made the magic stain stick that got out an oil stain? Ugh. 

I didn't have a problem with anything on the show but that. Perhaps I was distracted. 

• Love 1

In the first episode of this show, Cartier was introduced as an Idaho girl who loves fashion and makes clothes out of unconventional materials because she doesn't have much in the way of fabric options in Pocatello. I thought once she had a wide choice of fabrics to play with, her creativity would come out and she'd go far in this competition. Yet in the show, she's produced one nice, well-made, but very safe garment after another. I thought maybe the time constraints of the show were causing her to stick with what she knows rather than trying something new. Now that I look at her instagram, I see exactly what we saw on the show. It's the same simple dresses over and over again.  She does play with color and materials, but the actual designs are very one note. Tim is 100% right. Cartier is a dressmaker.

8 hours ago, Negritude said:

When Christian was critiquing Tieler's look, it struck me how much he sounds like the Church Lady from SNL.

True story

I really love Tieler, he seems like such a nice kid. He's polite, he's kind to his competitors when they get voted off, and he's quite talented. I've forgiven his moms for his absurd name spelling because they've raised a good young man.

I thought Molly should have been higher up. I really like her stuff. But that's probably why she gets dinged...it's actually wearable.  I think Chelsea is adorable but I didn't love her outfit. Cartier bores me, so I'm not sad to see her go, though I would have liked her to stay around longer than Izzy or Hawaa, both of whose clothes I just don't get at all. 

Edited by Indy
  • Love 2

How does one go from Italy-inspired, Milan Runway to Swiss Cheese and Swiss Knives to a strapless dress with pockets all over?  

Chris deserved the win, however I was appalled by the awful hems on the pants.  Puckery, uneven, messy and one leg was longer than the other.  But from there up, it was impeccable.  

Haawaaa's looked clown-suitish.  

Edited by limecoke
On 2/3/2017 at 8:14 PM, Sesquipedalia said:

I thought Izzy should have been in the bottom. I just don't feel like anyone would ever wear that in real life, on or off the runway. I would have put Molly in the top instead.

Hawwaa's shorts were cool and different. I would not have put her in the bottom.

Tieler's design would have looked fabulous on a more flat-chested model (or me 15 years ago).

I agree with the winner and loser though. Chelsea's dress seemed truly innovative. I bought into everything the judges said about it.

You and I are of very similar minds, as I cosign everything I quoted--except that I would have put Hawwaa's on the top (I take it you would have put her in the uncritiqued middle?).  Tieler's model was especially unfortunate for him because I think she was naturally flat-chested but had very conspicuous dome-shaped fake boobs.

I was confused by Hawwaa's crying at first because I thought based on initial critiques that she was third-ranked in the top.  Then I figured she was highest ranked of the bottom, which is effectively the same because you won't win and won't have to suffer the aufing tension.  But then she did!  Surprising.

On 2/3/2017 at 11:27 PM, sleepyjean said:

Also, Cartier?  Knock it off with the French. It does not give off the impression you think it does.

MMV.  I speak French, and I liked it.

On 2/10/2017 at 2:53 AM, Negritude said:

When Christian was critiquing Tieler's look, it struck me how much he sounds like the Church Lady from SNL.

I assumed he was purposely riffing on the Church Lady.  No?

• Love 1
On 2/10/2017 at 3:53 AM, Negritude said:

He had to be riffing on it.  It was too on-the-nose otherwise.  The tone of voice.  The locution.  The tightly pursed mouth.

• Love 3