Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Sublimation

thewhiteowl

Gawd, I am so sick of Katie's self-flagellation. Getting involved with the Resistance was a risk, but it was not the wrong thing to do, I don't see how it endangered her family any more that Will becoming a collaborator or Bram deciding to go under the wall. Every decision is life and death when living under occupation She and/or Will just have to kill Jennifer or get Broussard to it.

Oh Devon, they took you out. I liked you and will miss you. The alien drone must have recognized Will, right? It is the only explanation for it not killing him. Nice family reunion though.

The Resistance becoming serious bad asses killing collaborators. Poor Bram. He needs to be careful dealing with Snyder.

There continues to be plot movement so I will keep watching for the time being.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

For some reason I thought Will picked up the transport pass he gave Solomon, after he killed him.  I already deleted last weeks episode so I can't go back and look.  Does anybody remember?

I'm super disappointed about Devon, she would have been a kick-ass character to add long term.  But what a surprise when...kablooey.  

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, eskimo said:

For some reason I thought Will picked up the transport pass he gave Solomon, after he killed him.  I already deleted last weeks episode so I can't go back and look.  Does anybody remember?

Will did pick up the transit pass. I thought that was how they were going to get out. Was it a continuity error?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, eskimo said:

I'm super disappointed about Devon, she would have been a kick-ass character to add long term.  But what a surprise when...kablooey.  

Will did pick up the transit pass after he killed Solomon.

we learned that interpol and the CIA still exists 

jennifer is in a lot of trouble. The new proxy is pretty mean. 

I like Katie's sister. She wants to build churches for the alien religion. 

I love Snyder drinking wine and making deals with Bram

• Love 2

The death scenes on the wall were brutal.  Those little drone fu*kers pack a punch.  It's like the victims were vaporized with residual blood splats left over.  And yes, the drone recognized Sawyer - I mean Will.

Edited by Trace
  • Love 8

What is the point of the Resistance killing other humans? I wish I better understood their long term plans.

The drone scenes were awful, I really liked Devon so it's a shame she went splat. 

I thought Will wasn't able to find his transit pass on Solomon? He found something, and then went "Goddamit" so I figured it wasn't what he was looking for. 

29 minutes ago, racked said:

What is the point of the Resistance killing other humans? I wish I better understood their long term plans.

Discourage any collaboration, I would presume.   Without new recruits, there are fewer police.    I believe that's what Devon said happened in Santa Monica.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have clicked with the Resistance that the Hosts can probably flatten the bloc if they so choose.

Yeah, Will's transit pass was only for him (or at least, just for 1 person).

The drone must have recognized Will as working for the Authority (he still does, technically, right?)  But you'd think it would have raised an alarm of some form spotting an officer of the LA Bloc climbing the wall in Santa Monica.   Unless the drone is like "I know who he is, I'm not going to ask what kind of whacky shenanigans he's getting into."

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, racked said:

In real life, all resistance movements kill or attempt to collaborators. Collaborators like Will use their insider knowledge about the population to help the occupiers fight the resistance and oppress the population. By killing them, the Resistance punishes them and dissuades others from collaborating with the occupiers. It added realism to the show.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, oakville said:

I liked Katie's bible study group. She is trying to show her daughter that all religions have good ideas not just the alien ones

Yes, it was a clever way to push back against the aliens' brainwashing. 

Maddie was so ridiculous about decorating those alien centers. The good thing is that they will make nice targets for the Resistance.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

In real life, all resistance movements kill or attempt to collaborators. Collaborators like Will use their insider knowledge about the population to help the occupiers fight the resistance and oppress the population. By killing them, the Resistance punishes them and dissuades others from collaborating with the occupiers. It added realism to the show.

I understand it from a real life perspective, but it will never make sense to me on the show. Do they just not know the power of the aliens? I suppose it's possible they think if they could get the Collaborators and everyone to revolt, they could overtake the aliens, but that seems impossible from what we have been shown. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, racked said:

I understand it from a real life perspective, but it will never make sense to me on the show. Do they just not know the power of the aliens? I suppose it's possible they think if they could get the Collaborators and everyone to revolt, they could overtake the aliens, but that seems impossible from what we have been shown. 

The position of the Resistance is that just because the aliens are powerful and appear to be difficult to defeat at the moment, it does not mean that you should collaborate with them and help them oppress your fellow humans. Rather humans should stand together and find ways to survive until the day comes when the aliens can be defeated.

As for defeating the aliens, it must be doable. If the aliens were so invincible, they would not need human collaborators to assist them in oppressing humans. The aliens are organic and need something from humans or they wouldn't have gotten to so much trouble to subjugate them. Eventually, a scientist or resistance fighter will figure it out.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Yes, it was a clever way to push back against the aliens' brainwashing. 

Maddie was so ridiculous about decorating those alien centers. The good thing is that they will make nice targets for the Resistance.

Maddie is very photogenic. I like her plan of building alien churches so she & her new bf can become more popular with the alien occupying force. It's a smart move politically.

The show is much more interesting to watch this season. The only problem is viewers have no clue as to what the aliens ultimate objective is. 

I don't think they want to kill off the human race. 

16 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The position of the Resistance is that just because the aliens are powerful and appear to be difficult to defeat at the moment, it does not mean that you should collaborate with them and help them oppress your fellow humans. Rather humans should stand together and find ways to survive until the day comes when the aliens can be defeated.

As for defeating the aliens, it must be doable. If the aliens were so invincible, they would not need human collaborators to assist them in oppressing humans. The aliens are organic and need something from humans or they wouldn't have gotten to so much trouble to subjugate them. Eventually, a scientist or resistance fighter will figure it out.

Are the aliens bird like? Why are there bird logos on the occupation forces flags? 

Gawd, I am so sick of Katie's self-flagellation. 

Same here. And not only do they have her beating up on herself, they have the other characters doing it as well. When Jennifer asked her if she ever felt guilty about the people she's killed, I wanted Katie to answer, "Yep, Do you?" The self-righteousness of some of the collaborators just irks me no end.

I also didn't like Katie giving up the bee bug. She was given that information in confidence, and only because Broussard told the Resistance members he would trust Katie with his life, and they could too. She's made that statement look so foolish. I'm also choosing to believe that she actually does know where Broussard is and how to contact him, and is protecting him from Jennifer. If she turned him in (again!) she would be so dead to me. Speaking of Broussard, two episodes without him is two episodes too many. 

Was the coyote lying when he said the drones couldn't read the signals in that one spot where they were crossing  over the wall?  It was a waste of a good character in Devon, because she died without us ever knowing her background or whether she really had been doing some shady stuff. They could have done a lot with her character back inside the walls, plus she had already bonded somewhat with Charlie.

• Love 4

As much as Katie annoys me, her attempt to un-brainwash her daughter was pretty brilliant. That's the way to do it.

Devon was shaping up to be a fascinating character so of course they killed her off.

I'm enjoying the new proxy, he's smart and has zero fucks to give about anyone's excuses for underperforming. He jacks up the tension and urgency and gives the story a much-needed push.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

As much as Katie annoys me, her attempt to un-brainwash her daughter was pretty brilliant. That's the way to do it.

Devon was shaping up to be a fascinating character so of course they killed her off.

I'm enjoying the new proxy, he's smart and has zero fucks to give about anyone's excuses for underperforming. He jacks up the tension and urgency and gives the story a much-needed push.

The new Proxy will probably arrest Jennifer. I was confused how the CIA & Interpol are still operating. I wold have thought the aliens would kill them off.

• Love 1

As mentioned above, the aliens spent a lot of time prior to the invasion identifying people who would easily collaborate and work for whatever power served their own self interest.  Is the show trying to say something about the CIA and Interpol?   Hmm.

• Love 1
On 1/28/2017 at 9:28 AM, oakville said:

The new Proxy will probably arrest Jennifer. I was confused how the CIA & Interpol are still operating. I wold have thought the aliens would kill them off.

My thinking is that they've filled those agencies with people of their choice, just as they have with Homeland Security.

2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

As mentioned above, the aliens spent a lot of time prior to the invasion identifying people who would easily collaborate and work for whatever power served their own self interest.  Is the show trying to say something about the CIA and Interpol?   Hmm.

I think there may be a touch of that as well.

• Love 2
On 1/28/2017 at 1:51 AM, bentley said:

Same here. And not only do they have her beating up on herself, they have the other characters doing it as well. When Jennifer asked her if she ever felt guilty about the people she's killed, I wanted Katie to answer, "Yep, Do you?" The self-righteousness of some of the collaborators just irks me no end.

I don't get what the writers are doing here. Why exactly is Katie being punished? I don't get what exactly she is supposed to have done wrong, while all these collaborators betray, kill, and torture humans with impunity. I will concede that Katie should have maybe told Will about her involvement in the Resistance, but that is between them.

I also didn't like Katie giving up the bee bug. She was given that information in confidence, and only because Broussard told the Resistance members he would trust Katie with his life, and they could too. She's made that statement look so foolish. I'm also choosing to believe that she actually does know where Broussard is and how to contact him, and is protecting him from Jennifer. If she turned him in (again!) she would be so dead to me. Speaking of Broussard, two episodes without him is two episodes too many. 

I miss Broussard like crazy. Knowing that they are onto Katie makes me think that she doesn't know where Broussard is, but maybe she knows how to contact him in an emergency.

Was the coyote lying when he said the drones couldn't read the signals in that one spot where they were crossing  over the wall?  It was a waste of a good character in Devon, because she died without us ever knowing her background or whether she really had been doing some shady stuff. They could have done a lot with her character back inside the walls, plus she had already bonded somewhat with Charlie.

I wondered if the coyote was lying also. It could be that they were not high enough on the wall to evade the drone sensors. I hate that they killed Devon. She was a compelling character with tons of potential.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I wondered if the coyote was lying also. It could be that they were not high enough on the wall to evade the drone sensors. I hate that they killed Devon. She was a compelling character with tons of potential.

I thought the coyote was lying too, in retrospect. Especially in this world, where no one in the Santa Monica sector would ever know if they made it over or not. The coyote could take their money with impunity. 

I did wonder, weirdly, if the walls were self cleansing - or if they had cleaner drones as well.

I agree about Devon. She seemed like a good addition.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I thought the coyote was lying too, in retrospect. Especially in this world, where no one in the Santa Monica sector would ever know if they made it over or not. The coyote could take their money with impunity. 

I did wonder, weirdly, if the walls were self cleansing - or if they had cleaner drones as well.

I agree about Devon. She seemed like a good addition.

They are terrorizing us. If it could be seen you leave the blood up until the bacteria takes care of it as a lesson.

On 1/28/2017 at 0:28 PM, oakville said:

The new Proxy will probably arrest Jennifer.

I still say that the solution to the Jennifer is simple and difficult at the same time. Will, Katie and/or the Resistance have to kill her before she reveals Katie's role in the Resistance.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Was the coyote lying when he said the drones couldn't read the signals in that one spot where they were crossing  over the wall?

It was my take that the drones didn't activate immediately when they left their chamber on top of the wall so anyone who was actually on top was relatively safe.  Anyone who was climbing the side, where Will and Devon still were, is vulnerable.  The spot where they crossed over was used because it was in a hill, they could walk partway up, and they didn't have to climb as far up as they would in other places. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Will, Katie and/or the Resistance have to kill her before she reveals Katie's role in the Resistance.

This solution is so obvious, there is absolutely no chance that they will actually adopt it.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Raja said:

They are terrorizing us. If it could be seen you leave the blood up until the bacteria takes care of it as a lesson.

I would have thought that if it was on a section on the other side of the wall where lots of people could see - but it wasn't - it was in a remote section. Not quite prime ground for terrorizing.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2017 at 10:13 AM, oakville said:

I liked Katie's bible study group. She is trying to show her daughter that all religions have good ideas not just the alien ones

Not just 'good ideas', but the exact same ideas.  Each religion has its own version of 'heaven/salvation/greatest day/everlasing life (which is why its hard to take any religion seriously or believe any one is better than the other).  Here I was hoping that the aliens just wanted human work slaves, color me dissapointed that its another 'control by religion' bit.  Of course, that could just be a misdirect by the aliens, get the humans focused on X while they really do Y.

On 1/28/2017 at 1:51 AM, bentley said:

I also didn't like Katie giving up the bee bug.

Was the bug still working?  I was under the impression it didn't work anymore/ran out of battery , and thus of no use to the resistance, and if it helped keep Jennifer/proxy off Katie's back, good work.  I think Katie could still call a number to reach Broussard, but she knows he's probably the one chance the resistance has of actually succeeding. 

I certainly hope Snyder will help Bram.  He does keep some of his deals.

I didn't think that the drone must have recognized Will as working for the authority.  So that's why he didn't get zapped (and his big body covered up Charlie's, so that's how Charlie lived).  I agree with others that its a damn shame Devon got zapped.

So will Will go back to work?  That would should be interesting.  

• Love 5

Posting here since I don't see a thread for last nights show. It looks like Jennifer is going to overdose on pills & wine because she won't give up Will & Katie.

charlie has PTSD.

the surveillance apparatus is growing. It's becoming like 1984

• Love 1